Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy

Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy Employee Reviews

productive and rewarding at times
Student Advocate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: sometimes working with kids is rewarding
Cons: lack of consistency in agency
rewarding at times however stressful at times as well. more stressful than rewarding. lack of consistency in the agency. they abide by the mantra whatever it takes, however that does not always give positive outcomes. management is inconsistent. Children can be very disrespectful to adults.
Gained experience
Group Leader, Tutor (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 20, 2013
This job required a large amount of patience and dedication. The time spent being employed at Harlem Children's zone allowed for me to grow professionally and improve in areas needed to compete in the work force.
HCZ helps communities break the poverty cycle!!
Spanish Specialist/ Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Harlem's Children Zone is known for their amazing programs, devotion and motivating attitude towards students and communities who are exposed to negativity such as violence, drugs, and crime. They begin with in-school and after-school programs that help many students achieve their goals towards college and the job market. They provide social services, health and community-building programs that help children and families predominantly from the Harlem, N.Y area. They aim to break the poverty cycle.
fun and family oriented
Dean of Students (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2013
Pros: family oriented
my schedule was 7:30am to 4pm
I would conduct the schools morning meeting and host all school shows and events.
develop school culture and handle discipline for grades K - 4.
through great conversations, build great rapport with students, staff, and parents.
I thoroughly enjoy my days at work as my motto is "everyday is a good day"

About Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy

Harlem Children’s Zone, Inc (HCZ) is a multi-site, multi-program community organization that provides a unique and comprehensive – Read more