Harlem Children's Zone Employee Reviews

loved it
Bus Matron, (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
i enjoyed working for harlem children zone i grew many relationships with the chikldren and parents , working with children has always been my specialty
Pros
the money was great . management was great the hours was great
Cons
n/a
Great program
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
I worked as a fitness specialist so I was required to instruct the students in various activities. The kids were required to do 1 hour of physical activity a day and 3 hours per week
doing different activities with the students
Lead Program Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2017
this company has a lot of young people who have no clue nor experience in the real world, not bad just not for my experience, their communication is slim and non
productive,fast pace
Program Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2017
The work place is very fast pace, productive, and intense. There is always room for growth and improvement. Everyone pushes you to your next potential level.
Productive and fun work place
Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work. I've learned time management skills. I also built great relationships with both my students and colleagues. To work in a place where teens are willing and able to learn new things as well as teach the adults new things is the make up of a great work environment. and this is what you will expect when working with Harlem Children Zone.
its okay
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
the work environment is wonderful. the hours are not that great if you do not work full time. they have a high turn over rate as well. I wouldn't recommend this job if u want it as a career
Run in the other direction!
Arts Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
I cannot imagine a positive review of this organization, unless the reviews were orchestrated by admin. The turnover is high for a reason! Experienced educators leave, and other experienced educators are deemed " not right for the culture"and removed. In all of my years of teaching, without doubt this was the most unpleasant experience that I have ever had!!!
Pros
Cons
to numerous to mention
Educational;
Program / Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
I loved working for this company. I meet so many nice people there, This company helps so many middle class families, and families in crisis. Good Job
Pros
Family Support
Cons
No Cons
Exciting
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
Located in the heart of Harlem, Harlem Children Zone is exciting, and challenging. Good place to work for college graduates to gain work experience..
Working with kid you learn patience and compassion. You learn how to deal with different personalities including parents.
The hardest part is dealing with disobedient children and fining ways to discipline. In the same toke the most enjoyable is working with the kids, having fun with them and teaching them new things. As well as learning from them and how to better myself.
Job is semi fulling if you have a passion for Health and Wellness, a cool organization to be part of
Health Coordinator (f/t) (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 11, 2017
Company is very disorganized but there is opportunity to create what you want. Management is horrible and the hours are long. Many times you are working very far outside your job description due to understaffing and poor management.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hours

Want to know more about Harlem Children's Zone?

Ask a question
Calm enviroment with a well balanced level of fun and learning.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
When I walked in, I would walk into the supervisors office to see which section she wanted to place me in. There was the computer room, the gym, and the homework room. Whichever area she decided to send me to I had to make sure the kids were safe and doing what they were suppose. I also needed to be there in case a child needed help with something whether a game or their homework. The hardest part of the job was learning how to discipline the kids who had trouble respecting the staff. The most enjoyable part was seeing how much fun the kids had and realizing how much of an impact you had on their lives.
Pros
Free lunch, air conditioning, lots of fun.
Cons
No breaks, having to be active all day long.
rewarding and a roll with the punches type of job
Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 7, 2017
It is a great place to work if you have a great team and are really there for the kids. Its a hectic place to work but the best way to really get the job done and have fun is rolling with the punches.
awesome workplace
Administrative Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
Open at 830 am. Learned how to work with different people and different cultures. Management is ok. Love working with the kids. The hardest part of the job for me is when student don't graduate from high school. It's heartfelt because the work so hard for the last 4 years and cant graduate because of a low test/regents grade. the most enjoyable part is seeing the student grow up and go to college and succeed in life. I also love it when they come back to visit and say i GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE.
Pros
Full free after school program
challenging
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYJuly 2, 2017
Job was fun. Good opportunities need to be good match for culture of organization. Great starter job for young professionals to gain skills and build resume
Pros
variety of tasks daily
Cons
difficult to advance
Fast Paced
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2017
Great place to work, great staff ,upper management supportive, would benefit from higher educated front line staff. Lots of staff training-staff events.
Pros
Culture-benefits
Cons
Some week end work expected
Not a job for the impatient
Intern in public school summer camp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2017
The job is fun if you are interested in entering the education field. You assist the year round staff with all their regular tasks. You get to go on trips. The hours aren't bad. The shifts are short. Its Monday through Friday.
Pros
When on trips everything is free. Exposure to new things.
Cons
Short breaks. Pay is low for the work being done and the first check comes at the end of the month
Student Advocate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2017
Great place to be for transition. If your in need of a space to genuinely help out then this is the place for you. This organization is filled with really great ppl.
staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2017
Working here was alright, dealing with children was a new experience for me. the work environment was steady but many people were distracted. They are really reaching heights for the the ids in the community,
worked with children
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2017
Every day was different. Working with people who put programs in place to engage the children after school was fun, informative and creative. We made sure the children had fun while learning.
Cons
didn't pay alot
Great place to work for self-motiviated people
Science/Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
The kids are great and it is a joy to work with them, help them with life choices, and watch them grow. There is not a lot of official feedback or serious expectations set so it is up to you to hold yourself to a high standard. You should though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harlem Children's Zone. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval