Harlem RBI Employee Reviews

Fun and Flexible working environment
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 29, 2016
Friendly and flexible work environment. Everyone is really understanding about the importance of work/life balance, and are really friendly to the new employees.
Learned how to work with kids
Kids Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Was very young at the time but I really learned how to coach kids and it's something I enjoyed doing. Kids really learned a lot from me and I felt like they became better at learning
Forward Thinking Organization
TeamBuilders South Bronx Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2016
Always looking for the best ways to serve youth using the newest ideas in the field. Strong emphasis on professional development and growth.
very busy
Group Leader/Dance/Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 7, 2016
a typical day would be tending to the childrens needs from snack time until dismissal, helping with homework, instructing dance lessons on given days, mentoring, coaching baseball/softball, and interacting with parents in person, through letter and also via email and phone calls. Management was quite messy and not detailed due to new changes of mangers but tried their best to meet everyones needs. coworkers were always helpful and the hardest part was being able to handle an entire class of 17, 9-12 year old boys on my own. the best part was always being warmly welcomed by my group no matter the circumstance.
A gem for this community
Receptionist/Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
This place is a home away from home. They are more than just co-workers I considered them family. Each and every person worked their hardest to guid each of the program youth on the path of success.
Pros
Awesome Yankee game tickets!
Cons
Long Days
Good Environment to work in.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Great program, very cultural. Very dedicated to the neighborhood. I grew up into the program, they treated me like a second home.
Perfect place to meet amazing people...
Group Leader/Mentor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2016
You learn something new everyday.
The hardest part would be when the kids wouldn't get up after nap time.
The most part i enjoyed was the kids and being apart of HarlemRBI.
Growing and Strong environment
Umpire (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
Working at Harlem RBI has the best sponsors and staff, the workers selected are so nice, and speak professional and overall has a "family" welcoming atmosphere. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect, as well as the best is always expected from employees.
Pros
Informative/helpful coordinators
Cons
limited hours
A day at RBI
Program Coach (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 22, 2016
The kids were the highlight of every single day i step in to the after school program that is provided by Harlem RBI. The co workers were always fun to be around with, they always tried helping when there was something going on, and were always so willing to lend a hand. The management wasn't the best in my opinion, there were times that events were unorganized, materials weren't provided. The hardest thing of this job was dealing with the different personalities kids have, and how to handle a one to one conversation.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Harlem RBI is a great company with great values dedicated to the growth of the youth in the community. Great work environment with Wonderful staff that are very passionate about their jobs.
Very fun
Learning Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
The management team and staff are very friendly and helpful. They allow you to grow, learn and be yourself at work. The job never feels like a routine but something you look forward to because of the staff, the coworkers that are hired and most of all the most rewarding of all will be the kids we work for at the after school.
Pros
understanding to your personal issues, they know that you are entitled to more outside of the job
Cons
short hours
Open-Door Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about myself and developing new skills that are transferable to any work environment.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no growth within company
Fantastic Place for Youth Development Specialists to Grow
Campus Manager REAL Kids South Bronx (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2015
The organization is going through a transitional growth period at this moment that is incredibly exciting. Despite the loss of a major grant, the energy going into this year and the prospect of building a new field in the South Bronx is wonderful. RBI is piloting an expansion program finding young and talented youth development workers from all walks, to create the energy and ideas necessary to see it through. A brilliant management team is currently at the helm; starting to really strengthen program initiatives to help the East Harlem and South Bronx communities. Super fun place with some top talent in the city running the show.
Pros
Work environment, aligned mission and ideals. Accessible Management
Cons
A growing but junior varsity finance department.
Great company but, needs improvements!
Facilities Assistant (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10029September 17, 2015
Harlem RBI is well known organization with a great mission to provide youth of the community a healthy and safe environment. But theres no job security and a sense that management is out for you. There's no support from direct supervisors to back you up during tough times.
Pros
Great co-workers
productive
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Good people to be around great vibes I learned how to work as a team it this company showed me that everything doesn't have to be done by yourself
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
A great time
Program Assistant/Literacy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2015
Harlem RBI for me was a great place to work, learn and grow. I came into Harlem RBI as a counselor and finished as a head literacy teacher. The management was extremely caring to our needs and listened to or complaints and suggestions and worked with us to get this to a greater standard. I was always ready to go to work and left smiling as well. The helped me learn classroom management so that I was prepared once I was promoted. We had weekly meetings which were awesome and beneficial for learning about our own and each others strengths and weaknesses. The hardest part of the job was the pay. Pay wasn't what I would've wanted it to be but they helped when they could.
Awesome!
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2014
I've really enjoyed working here and getting to know the staff as well as the children I have worked with.
Strong cultured fast paced environment revolving aroud youth developement
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Harlem RBI is a year around non profit youth development organization that caters to inner city youth and families throughout New York City. I love how they use the power of organized team sports to instill life skills and supply academic support for at risk youth. I spent a total of 11 years in the program; 6 as a youth participant and 5 as an employee. I would recommend the program to any parent looking to get their child involved in organized sports and obtain an extra support system gearing their child in the right direction.
Productive and Fun with kids
AMERICORPS LEARNING COACH (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2014
I work in an after-school program. A typical work day would be 3 1/2 hours from 3pm - 6:30pm Monday through Friday. I work with about 18 to 20 youth in a classroom setting. The start of the program, youth are doing their homework from 3:30-4:30pm. Then depending on the activity schedule for the day, the rest of the day will consist of having workshop, this is where a teacher is present in the room facilitating reading and literacy activities, and after we have fun and engaging activities. Also before program hours, I would volunteer in the office to satisfy my Americorps hours in order for me to receive my education award

While volunteering in the office, not only did I do administrative duties, I was given the opportunity to work with the data base team; inputting and updating data. I also got the opportunity to interview possible candidates for assistant coach and umpire positions.

My coworkers are the most wonderful people I have worked with. They are extremely helpful, positive thinkers, motivated and determined workers.

The hardest part of my job would probably be having to deal with behavior issues with the youth because each one has a different personality and I have to come up with different ways to handle each one.

The most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with the kids and being able to be someone that they can trust and look up too. I also love getting the chance to build my baseball skills along with the youth when they have baseball.
Pros
youth experience, baseball activities, opportunities to grow in certain skills
Cons
Pay
This company is garbage. BEWARE.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  333 EAST 100TH STREETMarch 2, 2014
You can give your heart soul to this company and the will fire you without any reason. All they are looking for is some experienced person to help them catchup on their work and then get rid of you because they have a policy in their handbook that they can fire you with or without cause anytime.
Beware, beware, beware and beware.
Pros
NONE
Cons
THEY PREFER KIDS OVER ADULTS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harlem RBI. Our community is ready to answer.

Harlem RBI Reviews by Location