Harlem RBI Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Learning Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2017
Typical day included teaching inner city youths during the morning and teaching the fundamentals of baseball in the afternoon. Most enjoyable part of the job was having fun teaching sports.
Great place to be
Volunteer Coach (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYSeptember 5, 2017
I loved every second of it. It was worth the travel from Long Island each day. I just really wanted to some sort of coahing and to have fun, and this was the right place to be.
Fun Work Environment
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 1, 2017
A typical work day consist of holding baseball/softball practice for the youth while including some fun activities. Management are also super nice and understanding.
Great Place to get Started
Social Work Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
This place was pretty good. A lot of the staff where always on the same page and ready to be hands on. However when it was time for my internship to be over, they expected me to stay longer for free.
Productive and Fun environment
LEAD COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2017
Greet children with positive energy is a must! helping them with home work and other daily activities. Creating a relationship with families and them feel comfortable as well.
Pros
Free snack
Fun workplace
Summer baseball program (Former Employee) –  103 street 3rd aveJune 11, 2017
It's a great workplace and is a home to all. Everyone is welcome and well treated when working at Harlem rbis summer program. The kids are respectful and give all of us a reason to get up and help them out during the summer.
Pros
Having fun while working
Cons
Tax on paycheck
Harlem RBI After School
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 26, 2017
This after school program is located in the South Bronx. Student are able to incorporate baseball and teambuilding into their daily activities. 6-8 grade
Supportive environment, team based work
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 24, 2017
I was an intern at Harlem RBI and couldn't have had a better experience. The team in the South Bronx was creative and innovative and I learned so much from them. I was an unpaid intern and they never took advantage of me. They always had my progression and development in mind.
love working with kids
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
You would come in a very hot summer day to your team of boys and girls and have to help them with the summer learning gap. After a period of learning you work in a workshop with your team and also prepare them to play baseball. My experience was amazing especially since I was able to bond with my kids and they were like my little brothers when I was at work.
Fun and Flexible working environment
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 29, 2016
Friendly and flexible work environment. Everyone is really understanding about the importance of work/life balance, and are really friendly to the new employees.
Learned how to work with kids
Kids Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Was very young at the time but I really learned how to coach kids and it's something I enjoyed doing. Kids really learned a lot from me and I felt like they became better at learning
Forward Thinking Organization
TeamBuilders South Bronx Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2016
Always looking for the best ways to serve youth using the newest ideas in the field. Strong emphasis on professional development and growth.
very busy
Group Leader/Dance/Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 7, 2016
a typical day would be tending to the childrens needs from snack time until dismissal, helping with homework, instructing dance lessons on given days, mentoring, coaching baseball/softball, and interacting with parents in person, through letter and also via email and phone calls. Management was quite messy and not detailed due to new changes of mangers but tried their best to meet everyones needs. coworkers were always helpful and the hardest part was being able to handle an entire class of 17, 9-12 year old boys on my own. the best part was always being warmly welcomed by my group no matter the circumstance.
A gem for this community
Receptionist/Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
This place is a home away from home. They are more than just co-workers I considered them family. Each and every person worked their hardest to guid each of the program youth on the path of success.
Pros
Awesome Yankee game tickets!
Cons
Long Days
Good Environment to work in.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYSeptember 9, 2016
Great program, very cultural. Very dedicated to the neighborhood. I grew up into the program, they treated me like a second home.
Perfect place to meet amazing people...
Group Leader/Mentor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2016
You learn something new everyday.
The hardest part would be when the kids wouldn't get up after nap time.
The most part i enjoyed was the kids and being apart of HarlemRBI.
Growing and Strong environment
Umpire (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
Working at Harlem RBI has the best sponsors and staff, the workers selected are so nice, and speak professional and overall has a "family" welcoming atmosphere. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect, as well as the best is always expected from employees.
Pros
Informative/helpful coordinators
Cons
limited hours
A day at RBI
Program Coach (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 22, 2016
The kids were the highlight of every single day i step in to the after school program that is provided by Harlem RBI. The co workers were always fun to be around with, they always tried helping when there was something going on, and were always so willing to lend a hand. The management wasn't the best in my opinion, there were times that events were unorganized, materials weren't provided. The hardest thing of this job was dealing with the different personalities kids have, and how to handle a one to one conversation.
Great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Harlem RBI is a great company with great values dedicated to the growth of the youth in the community. Great work environment with Wonderful staff that are very passionate about their jobs.
Very fun
Learning Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 4, 2015
The management team and staff are very friendly and helpful. They allow you to grow, learn and be yourself at work. The job never feels like a routine but something you look forward to because of the staff, the coworkers that are hired and most of all the most rewarding of all will be the kids we work for at the after school.
Pros
understanding to your personal issues, they know that you are entitled to more outside of the job
Cons
short hours