Harley-Davidson

Harley-Davidson Employee Reviews

Cool Place to work with a great brand.
Manager, Indirect Purchasing (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 8, 2015
Pros: Alternate Business attire
Cons: Too many CI activities without software tools to properly improve issues.
Company is not a top down management culture, the structure of the company is all about inclusiveness which drives communication and teamwork.
my review
assembly (Current Employee), 11401 congress nkcMay 4, 2015
An average day would start off as so, 100 bikes and out is pronounced by supervisor, which our count of bike until we leave.also we switch stations to lower injury risk.
helped me grow
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Hammond, LAApril 28, 2015
was able to branch out and develop new ideas to practice. Planed parties that i created graphics for. learned to use quickbooks.
Building the world's most sought after motorcycles
CI Specialist (Current Employee), York PaApril 28, 2015
Pros: Discount on bikes
Cons: Can't own them all
Building a product that is recognized worldwide is the greatest aspect of my job. Over the last 20 years I have learned many of the details that go into building a motorcycle, and what it takes to continually stay on top. My management and co-workers help to make great quality products that are second to none. The hardest part of my job is what bike I want next. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am now in a position where i can use my education and skills to solve problems to help the company continue to build the world's most sought after motorcycles for years to come.
Very difficult work atmosphere with highly competitive co-workers that will do anything to better themselves.
Powertrain Technician II (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIApril 26, 2015
Pros: good hourly wage
Cons: highly stressful and bad for your overall health and well being, most people hate walking into the building and can't wait to leave at the end of the day
Management is very self centered and constantly looking to "climb the corporate ladder" using any one to achieve their personal goals. Co-workers gossip on a regular basis and there are many in-shop affairs between co-workers. The hardest part of the job is being forced to work with people that think they know what they are doing when in reality they really have no true machining skills. There is a lot of stress and there is little to nothing about the job that is enjoyable.
FUN
Porter/Detailer (Former Employee), Lisle, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Fun job because the people and community
Cons: same thing everyday
I would clean bikes all day, clean the shop, and deal with customers. Every so often i would put new parts on bikes. Overall they were very flexible with my schedule and offered good hours if and when i needed them
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Web Developer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 22, 2015
Its a nice place to work and have fun. From the first day it was so challenging for me to organize the tasks and later i have got used to my daily work.
Harley
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Naples, FLApril 20, 2015
Harley-Davidson was a great place to work at. There is always some people that you run into that need to move on but overall this was a great place to work. And a great company to work for.
Productive and great family affairs promotions
Order Picker (Former Employee), Franklin, WIApril 16, 2015
A great job with lots of opportunities, with a lot of room to grow within the organization learned several trades, great management, co-workers, Warehouse order selector
Can't complain
Technical Cleaner (Former Employee), Tomahawk, WIApril 14, 2015
Pros: Lots of break time
Cons: Hard to follow work schedule
My experience with Harley-Davidson was good overall. Work was not repetitive, and the pay was nice. Management was very strict and professional, and took safety very seriously. I enjoyed working with my hands and seeing the results of my hard work. The only thing I didn't like was the work schedule, which was prone to change often.
Great people, great place
Contract Material Planner (Current Employee), York, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Coworkers, Training support, Team cohesiveness, Safety focus of org., Transparency of communication across borders
Cons: Short term job, Long term contracts expire at 3 years, Difficult (impossible) to get internal headcount to keep highly-trained employees, Learning lingo and shorthand - the most dense and impenetrable part of the company culture
Joined as a Surge contractor and have learned so much about a new field. My teammates have made everything interesting, engaging, and fun. The Harley I work at now is not the Harley I grew up near - and that's a great thing. Coworkers who greet you when you walk past, strangers on the line or in the professional area who crack jokes with you, and a sense of family and team from day one. Even if I don't have an opportunity to last because of the seasonality of my hire, I'm overjoyed that I had a chance to be reminded of what a great workplace is really like.
DataStage Developer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Harley Davidson
HD Casual (Former Employee), 11400 CongressMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Four (4) day work week
Cons: None
Early arrival, brief meeting with co-workers. Supervision minimal fast pace friendly learning environment. Not being familiar with bikes most difficult, however having co-workers more than willing to assist in training and friendly most enjoyable.
General Factory workplace sometimes great, sometimes not so great.
HD Casual laborer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good training on each job, adequate amount of breaks.
Cons: no healthcare as casual, no vacation, able to be mandated to work 7 days in a row.
There really isn't a typical day at Harley Davidson they make sure to switch your job up daily to avoid burning out which is enjoyable.
I've learned how to use robots to create parts and how to lightly troubleshoot problems on robots. I've learned about 5S and many other standards that come with working in a plant.
Management is sometimes helpful sometimes not depends on if they are a contractor or union. They no matter what though they always show respect and try to answer questions as quick as possible.
My Co-Workers in paint were very helpful on training but weren't always the hardest working due to the upcoming layoff they became disgruntled at work often but at the end of the night we came together and got the job done.
The hardest part of the job is working nights and generally 10-12 hour shifts for 5-7 days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the learning experiences I'm gaining while working at this job.
Great workplace setting
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 15, 2015
Management is focused on long-term growth and strategy. Great work culture. Management encourages future learning and supports developmental growth.
Good wages but not committed to workers
Motorcycle Assembler (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good wages
Cons: hard on body
Hard work. hard on joints and muscles. Co workers hard to deal with at times. Management not very good, and corporate don't care about workers.
Productive and fun company.
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 10, 2015
Management is amazing, supportive and down to earth. Harley Davidson lives up to it's World Class status in every aspect.
Needs Management Upgrade
Motorcycle Customization Specialist/Parts (Current Employee), Southampton, MAMarch 2, 2015
Micro Management and Lack of Professionalism
Inconsistency of Operational Standards
Camaraderie with co-workers
Culture and Brand loyalty
Great Customer Relations
Employees supported by management
ASSEMBLER, HARLEY DAVIDSON (Current Employee), York, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: consistent break times
I entered Harley as a temporary employee due to the need to work a non-traditional schedule in order to provide a different level of care for my daughter. I found a work culture like no other. While no job can be labeled 'perfect', the level of support I find from the management team and my fellow employees is a breath of fresh air. The hardest part of the job is being physically and mentally engaged for 10 hour shifts overnight. The most enjoyable part of the job is I have a good part of the daylight hours available at home where I am needed.
GREAT PLACE!!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corinth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
A typical day is helping people who share the same passion for riding motorcycles. I learned how to ride a motorcycle, what fits of leather, which leathers work together, and which clothes to wear when the weather changed. Management was great and so were co-workers!

1 2 3 4 5

About Harley-Davidson

Harley-Davidson was just named one of the 2015 Top 25 Employers by Forbes! Just like the V-Twin beats at the heart of every – Read more

Harley-Davidson Salaries