Harley-Davidson Employee Reviews

workplace culture
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WI 53051December 10, 2017
was very relaxed. Everyone had an assigned job to do and preformed it without having to stop the assembly line. I enjoyed learning many different jobs. I worked on both the Engine and Transmiton Assembly lines. I ran a Hot Test booth for the Engine line. I also worked as a Material Handler, delivering parts to either the Machining Groups or Assembly Line. I also learn how to ship our finished product to the required Final Assembly Plant.
relaxed and collabrative.
Milwaukee, Wisc. - Contract Mfg. Eng (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 4, 2017
Harley is a good company full of good people. The company is willing to listen to employees and consider new ideas, alternate methods and processes of manufacturing and just be open to change.
Pros
willing to chart it's own course.
Cons
located in large metro area.
All were friendly & respectful. Had jokes to me by employer.
Rob / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HINovember 30, 2017
I really miss working there @ Harley Davidson. They paid really well for a part time job & there was never any stress whatsoever. It was part time but with full time pay. Also ended on a good note & would there again if ever back in Hawaii.
Pros
Discounts on Motorcycle stuff. Lots of free food always.
Cons
Never took breaks, but didn't really need them.
Desk Job (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2017
I work at the manufacturing plant in Kansas and love it. The people are easy going and caring and the managers are always good about showing appreciation and care towards their employees. The company allows an hour for lunches and allows most employees to go off site if need be. There is a lot of movement within the company and most people are encouraged to try out new roles and responsibilities and move up.
Getting a full time job within Harley Davidson is competitive. Several contractors usually apply for the same positions and whoever has the most experience in that department generally gets the position. Sometimes days are stressful with a lot of new changes and developments and everyone rushing to get the bikes built and moving and there's quite a bit of overtime that salaried employees do not benefit from.
One of the things that keeps us going is the encouraging emails we receive from our CEO. He is always timely about what he writes to us and shows through his emails how much he cares for his employees and truly wants the best for everyone- with their safety and well- being and always, always personal freedom.
Pros
casual dress code, ability to change job position, 4 day work weeks, fair wages and pay, cafeteria, cool people to work with
Cons
early start time, salaried employees don't get extra pay for over time, quite a bit of mandatory overtime (Friday and Saturday), no flexibility in schedule, expensive benefits for contractors
Ok place to work. NOt much room for advancement
Service Advisor, & Motorcycle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  TxNovember 16, 2017
Not really a lot of room for advancement. Pay is low for the industry. Must have a certification to work in most departments, but not always the case. Hard to get raises, very much treat you as a disposable employee.
Harley Davidson
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2017
Very fun work environment. People are fun to work with. The product is second to none. I enjoy making peoples dreams of owning a Harley Davidson come true.
Excellent, yet stressful
Assembler Line Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 14, 2017
Harley Davidson is an extremely fast paced environment with a required maximum attention to detail. Production goes very fast with zero time for slack.
Great work place
Production assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 12, 2017
Smooth work flow, easy instructions, learn four position within eight hours, friendly and understanding staff, safe environment, prefect work schedule.
The best part of working for a Harley Davidson is dealing with awesome customers!!!
Motorclothes Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 12, 2017
No job is with out its quirks. Health care was extremely expensive. There was a lot of micro managing and miss communication. However, I love the brand, love the clients and would do it all over again.
Overall Good Work Environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at Harley Davidson, I worked part time, 4 days per week. I worked directly with engineering, project management team to understand the financial impact of new product development plans for the product lifecycle plan. It was very flexible and afforded work life balance.
Pros
Exposure to new product, free entrance to HD Museum, Casual work environment
Cons
Lack of professionalist
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2017
It was a good place to work.Good benefits, management and work environment. I would recommend this company to my friends who are interested in working there.
treated with respect and professional
Powertrain operator and Distribution Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2017
managers treated me with a smile and said "hi" how are you? I got well paid for my work performance I enjoyed working overtime The company gave us nice company dinners We would get company discounts shopping inside their company store and you also get a discount going to the Harley-Davidson Museum
i love the palce
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 9, 2017
I learned a lot of new things while working with the Harley Davidson. I also used to work hard in the company. Coming to management, my manager always supports doing new things.
Used to be a relaxed place to work
Vehicle Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2017
Used to be relaxed place to work, not sure if it still is. Many people have left since I was there, but I don't know if that was by choice or because their market share is deteriorating
Brandie Catherman
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 6, 2017
The management in rider services is top notch... I can only speak on my experience, but she is a manager than goes above and beyond for her team. The advancement is minimal, but she should definitely have more responsibility.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No advancement
Laid back and fun workplace
QA Lead (On contract through TekSystems) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2017
Lots of unofficial perks, such as bargain rate H-D branded merchandise. Extremely laid-back corporate dress. Great cafeteria. Employees extremely dedicated to Harley brand. Welcoming, inclusive enviroment.
Pros
Daily dress is always laid back Friday
Cons
Programs suddenly cancelled
very different inviroment
service writer (Former Employee) –  Napoleon, OHNovember 2, 2017
harley davidson is a world all in its self. pay is good. be prepared for lots of conflict. lay offs are almost a definete . benifits are decent but expect to work weekends.
Productive and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2017
Great place to work and build management is great and always offers to help. Calls are good customer are easy to deal with and the cafeteria is a great option when needing to get something t eat
This company always eat.
Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 30, 2017
Harley Davidson is a great company per the brand name. There is no leniency for illnesses or being late regardless of the circumstance. Certain managers that are in leadership roles should not be in that position to have authority. They lack people skills, and abuse their power. There is a lot of underhand things going on that the employees will not bring up to executives or HR for fear of their jobs, or nothing being done to change the environment. The collection floor was very quiet and had no energy. There weren't many African Americans in authority positions. This could be counted on 1 hand, and your opportunity to advance in the company reaches a ceiling. However, the hours were decent.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Time
Cut throat and competitive
Executive Chef II (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 30, 2017
As an employee I was in a cut throat and competitive environment. Management was not present and as a middle manager I was often given tasks to complete in an unorganized time frame.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harley-Davidson. Our community is ready to answer.