Harley-Davidson Employee Reviews in United States

Harley-Davidson
Clear/Frame Powder Operator- Applied (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work for benefits and pay. Lots of training and opportunity for education for job advancement inside and outside of company. Typical work day consist of constant work in a production or lean manufacturing environment. What I've learned while working at HD, is to take advantage of your opportunities to learn how the operations work between salary and hourly and use what you have learned to your betterment and experience. Supervisors are usually easy to work. Most jobs are easy but consistent work.
Pros
Harley experience, great benefits, education
Cons
Sometime management can be misleading
Excellent place to work.
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 8, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Productive work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 14, 2016
fun place to work, learned how to build a motorcycle. and Certified Forklift operator and instructor. Warehouse work and receiving materials.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
cut benefits
Great Company
Continuos Improvement Finance (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work. The culture has changed over the years but still an excellent company. They could do a better job of mentoring and defining what it takes to move up or over in the company.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Mobility to move up or over
Awesome Place to work
HR Flexible Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIMarch 25, 2016
Harley was an awesome place to work. Everyone knows your name and are willing to help you out.
Management has a lack of communication. They seem to have senseless meetings that accomplish nothing. No one pays attention as they are either on their phones or laptops. Then they don't know what's going on in the meeting resulting in the reason that nothing gets accomplished in their meetings.
There is also no job security.
Relaxed and carefree workplace, with cons to match!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 19, 2016
SO much drama and he said she said. From the get go I was accused of so much. The company is "at will" hire and fire, meaning if they simply didn't like you - you're gone. Boss was scared of confrontation, meaning he/she never came to you about anything instead complained to other Employees. Very unprofessional, very flexible. If you're a college student looking for a nice relaxed part time job, awesome. If you're looking for a career or a long term stay, don't bother. Orlando, Harley, is a horrible Franchise.
Pros
understanding with personal issues, relaxed, GREAT customers, cell phones on floor, merchandise your way whenever, learned a lot
Cons
drama, hire under false pretenses, lying, Managers are scared, etc.
Great company
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 2, 2015
Excellent company to work for, learn and grow. Great work life balance, benefits and compensation. Excellent team, passion for the brand and the product.
Harley Davidson
Final Assembly Vehicle Mechanic / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2016
I am currently a final vehicle mechanic. My typical day includes repairing vehicles, coordinating schedules for my 12 team members, scheduling training, evaluating tools and replacement parts. Harley has almost 115 years of production history. When I first started at Harley Kansas City functioned as an HPWO. We were a functioning HPWO for 12 years (I held a number of leadership roles at the work group level through plant leadership). I was a Non-traditional for six years, my roles involved developing new products, materials replenishment, creating and maintaining work instructions. Additionally, I was also responsible for training NWG employees for all new model content and process improvements. The past five years Harley has functioned as a traditional work place, and I have been a team lead for the past three years.
Pros
Great people, challenging work, ability to develop new skills
Cons
Work Life balance
A troubled company in troubled times
Surge Employee (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIApril 18, 2016
Work day starts very early but provides a discount from the power company. Most of the people there are kind and compassionate. There is too much focus on providing shareholders with a profitable return instead of understanding the shop floor process and improving on it.

H-D is caught in the net of failing manufacturing in America. It is sad to see an iconic company struggle to stay solvent. A focus of listening to the experience on the floor instead of charging ahead with 'trickle down' management ideas would be a step in the right direction.

H-D is adopting Lean Manufacturing ideals but falling way short of a true Continuous Improvement environment. This failing is evident in the frustration of employees with decades of experience.
Pros
kind compassionate people (hourly employees)
Cons
big corporate mentality is squeezing the life out of those big twin V's
Culture depends very heavily on site location and funtional role
SBA (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIAugust 21, 2015
The type of culture and management style varies greatly depending on location. It's great to work with an interesting product with a loyal customer base.
Pros
Benefits are excellent with a plethora of advancement opportunity for hard working individuals.
Cons
Required to travel on short notice
Great Call Center Environment
Contact Center Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2016
Running daily, weekly, and monthly reports
Creating schedules for the contact center based on forecasting
Keeping track of schedule adjustment
Writing queries upon request for reports
Creation of weekly and monthly dashboard
Occupancy Reports
Analyzing the overall status of Contact Center and suggesting changes based on my findings

Management was great co-workers were great. The hardest part were Mondays. A lot of things due. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Good Place to get started in manufactoring
Press Operator/Polisher (Current Employee) –  KansasJuly 15, 2016
Great work days. I learned a lot at Harley Davidson. Work not to hard. I was in the fabrication Dept. Management Knew Their jobs and treated all employees as equal and gave us continuous updates of progress and defects. Co-workers, well just what they are, but for the most part everyone worked well together. The hardest part of the job was down time. Seeing the work we produced as a finished product was my most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
compensation
Cons
short breaks, down time, no quick advancement
Great Place to Gain Experience
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIMay 23, 2016
Being hired as a "casual worker" you are not considered full-time, they are very upfront about that right away. This job is great to put on your resumé to find a great job after the seasonal surge is over. I'm glad I gained valuable skills to eventually land my career job. The full-time workers are still bitter over the casual workforce and company changes that occurred in 2010. Most are very friendly and helpful. The plant is very safety oriented.
Pros
Great Experience, Enjoyable Environment.
Cons
Not Full-Time, No Guaranteed Hours.
a very lucrative enviornment to be employed.
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 4, 2016
Harley was a great place to work minus the things they put the staff through to actually get hired. I learned patients and dedication because the hiring process is a long wait. I never had an issue with management. the co-workers were fine. The hard part would have to be during the surge you have to move extra fast to maintain the line from stopping. the most enjoyable part was the compensation.
Productive and fun workplace, laid-back atmosphere. Place to gain new skills and personal relationships.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJune 1, 2016
It was varied day-to-day. There were different duties each day. Learned more about finances and keeping inventory. My boss was approachable and easy to talk to. My co-workers were fun to work with, and were always able to answer my questions. The least enjoyable part of the job was the off-season. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers, and utilizing my attention to detail.
Employment Review
Assembler (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 2, 2016
While at Harley Davidson, I was able to complete multiple tasks and jobs over my 20 year career there. I had a well rounded training in each department and was able to assist wherever they may have needed me. When new employees were hired I would train them and show them how to complete tasks correctly, accurately, and in a timely manner,
Pros
Enjoyed making a finished product that I was proud of.
Cons
They outsourced more than doing tasks onsite.
Learn new things
OEM paint line (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WIJune 3, 2016
I learned how a bike was put together from molding the parts, then painting and to assembly. A typical day at work was painting parts to go out to other lines for the next steps. The management was great to work with along with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job would have been learning all the jobs and doing them to the standards with no errors. I loved doing the water slides on the bikes.
good money for the work ,good people
Assembler/Production /Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2015
Used to be a great place to work now its just job with less and less benifits.unfortunately outsourcing has has become an issue
Pros
good pay
Cons
loosing benifits.Temps
My expectations were higher
Motorcycle Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 6, 2016
A very busy work place. If you sustain your job, you work 8 hours non stop - that I like it. Wages are not high. If you are not very well experienced , its hard to progress . If you love motorcycles you can not understand how time passes. You can get good discounts for the parts you need for your motorcycle .
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
no rise
Fast pace
Service Writer/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 1, 2016
I was not properly trained so my training was on the job and very fast pace. I got along with my co workers and completed my daily tasks. Hardest part of the job was my lack of training so I had to teach myself.
Pros
When we would stay late for events they provided dinner
Cons
No breaks/no direct deposit/No room for movement