Harleysville Group Employee Reviews

Very busy office
Senior Multi-line Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 22, 2017
Harleysville Insurance was a great place to work. I worked for them for nearly 25 years. I quite due to the amount of traveling I had to do with young children I had at home.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Lots of travel
Great place to work, great co workers, wonderful benefits
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAAugust 11, 2017
Extremely busy.
Provides many educational opportunities.
Allows for community work.
Management transparent
Extreme monitoring.
Employees were wonderful to work with/extremely helpful.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks, excess monitoring
teamwork and ongoing learning was encouraged
Sr. WC Adjuster; WC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJuly 25, 2017
The office is large but you don't feel like a number. Benefits and compensation are good. The in house cafeteria is a VERY nice perk! Office security was excellent.
Pros
Office cafeteria is great-healthy and fresh food
Company bought out by Nationwide
Senior Claims Representative/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2017
I have not worked for the company since it was purchased by Nationwide. Harleysville was a great company when I started but started declining when I left 6 yrs later. Since it was bought out a few of the construction defect adjusters are now work from home, the rest have been let go.
Stressful work environment with not assistance from management.
Senior Commercial Multi-Line Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJune 30, 2017
Lot of work with little assistance from management. Was constantly asked to take on more work due to an employee not pulling his weight in getting his work down which kept me from meeting my new business goals.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
stressful; lack of management to properly direct work flow.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAMarch 27, 2017
Great place to work. Lots of room for learning and advancement. Mgmt really works with you to make sure you understand what's expected of you and that you are setup for success.
Great place to work, good people, supportive culture.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAMarch 16, 2017
Very good work environment, friendly and supportive people and interesting challenges in the area of system development and integration. Good management team provided clear view to business goals and objectives as well as regular progress reports.
Pros
Supportive company culture and pleasant location.
Productive/ company organized
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 13, 2016
The company at Harleysville, reinbursed some of my college classes that were job related. I attended night school while working there. I learned that a personal daily schedule makes my days more productive. I quickly learned to manage my time to juggle work and school. Management was friendly and always helpful. My co-workers and I became friends and took a few day trips on non-work days.
Great Company to work for.
Senior Property Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 3, 2016
Harleysville was a great company to work for and fun. The work load was manageable with little stress. The company was customer focused.
Pros
Good people to work with. Good benefits. Flexible company.
Cons
No advancement
Summer Office Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAApril 6, 2016
Not there long enough to explain. I was going to College at the time. Most of the people there are gone. Filing, Copying, Help with mail. Other Office duties.
Pros
Lunch room, nice building.
Cons
Manager was not any good.
Fun place toeork.
GBP Production Support & Plan Admin (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 11, 2016
A good place to work and learn the things. Senior management is open to to listean the new ideas and implement them if they bring the saving and values to the customer.
Cons
Use of old technologoes
Great workplace with professional management team
Specialty Property Inland Marine Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 10, 2015
We are provided with the freedom to work as individuals on a daily basis. There is no micro-management in the workplace. The schedule is very flexible & we have alternate work environment (ability to work remote)
Pros
Flexible / Family Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Compensation package changed once we were purchased
Producticve professional workplace.
Senior Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
great hours and benfits
Commercial Lines Processor (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJuly 12, 2015
normal 8-4:30 work hours, they host activities for associates and they care about their employees. They are always hiring for new processors and the management team will actually try to get to know their employees.
Undergoing change
PL Screening Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Home officeJune 30, 2015
Harleysville was acquired by Nationwide almost 3 years ago. We've recently centralized 16 regional offices into 6 go forward locations. As a result of this reorganization, Personal Lines will no longer be at Harleysville, PA.
A good place to work before Nationwide came in
Commercial Lines Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Harleysville PAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros - Work/Life Balance and the ability to work at home
Cons - Everything else.
Pros
Work/Life Balance. Ability to work at home
My Career at Harleysville
P&C Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Harleysville, PAJanuary 6, 2015
With my time in the Customer Contact Center, I have had considerable professional growth in both time management and communication skills. My position has allowed me to experience many different facets of the company such as project management during my time as the Customer Contact Center SharePoint project lead and new associate training. On multiple occasions I have assisted the department with preparing new associates for their upcoming roles in a call center environment. Thanks to all of these opportunities, I was motivated to vastly expand my knowledge in insurance and of Microsoft products such as Excel, SharePoint, and Visio.
Senior File Clerk faxing, copying, phones, and data entry.
Senior File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 3, 2015
Fun experiences with learning various Insurance Data and Information.
Pros
Great wage and Benefits
Cons
Mergers closed locations
Productive and Enjoyable Work Envrionment
Business Analyst & Project Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Harleysville, PAAugust 19, 2014
Working at this company allowed me to discover my broad range of skills and abilities while receiving proper direction and encouragement for productive processes and successful outcomes.
Pros
Positive and Uplifting Relational Environment
A constant growing company.
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 30, 2014
A very well managed company, always expanding and always room for advancement within the company.