Harman International

Harman International Employer Reviews

Fun! New technologically advance place to work!
Assembly Team Member (Current Employee), Franklin, KYMay 29, 2014
pros:
team environment
air conditioned with radio
innovative
allow people to change things

cons:
life consuming at one time we were working 7 days a week 8 hr. shifts
almost every job in the facility is being relocated to Mexico
Supporting in achieving career goal
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits. awards for good work.
Cons: few vacation days.
The work environment was always positive. Great team, great people. Communication policy could be improved. Overall the company supports talents if the indivdual is willing to put in high work effort.
Very Productive
Team Leader (Former Employee), Franklin, KYFebruary 25, 2014
Harman is a decent place to work. They have a variety of jobs within the facility. Very fair throughout the plant.
Productive work place
Software Engineer, R&D Infotainment (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: flat organizational structure
Cons: management needs more direction
I worked at HARMAN International as an full time employee for less than a year.
Pros – Flexible schedules creating a good work/life balance.. Great Location. Good Learning environment. Most Harman colleagues were friendly and very helpful. Open minded work environment allowing employees to wear comfortable work attire and desired hair style, facial – more... hairstyle – less
Productive and fun work place with work-out room
Warehouse Materials Handler (Former Employee), Washington, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, profit sharing plan
Cons: too much overtime
All in all Harman was an excellent place to work. They did however shut down the plant and left a lot of people without a job.
Productive work environment
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: events planned for every occasion. college advancement.
Cons: closed office
Worked closely with very important co-workers. We got the job done in a timely manner. Reach goal. Great employee team morales. The most joyable time was working with employee and employers.
Clean safe work environment.
Line worker- making amps and speakers (Former Employee), Franklin, KYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
A very good job. The hardest part was the hours. The demand for product was so high we would have to work ten hours a day 7 days a week.
Summary 1
Business Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIDecember 13, 2013
It's a great fast paced place to work. The environment is welcoming and transparent. The global span of the company is huge and it's great working with so many people around the globe.
Seven days a week corporation that focuses on constantly training
Audio Team Member (Former Employee), Franklin, KYDecember 3, 2013
Cons: schedule
What I learned is that there a companies that operate on seven days a week not leaving much personal time for family. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the people I worked with were very friendly and they became my true second family.
Great place for career advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee), Stamford CtOctober 7, 2013
Great place to work for career advancement and want to get experience in other countries
Good company with great benefits
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, KYSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits, team environment
Cons: excessive overtime
Harman wholly embraces the team concept. As an employee at Harman you are given extensive team training. The hardest part of the job was the excessive overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers.
A very nice, clean place to work with good honest workers.
Area Manager / Area Leader (Former Employee), Franklin, KYSeptember 21, 2013
I managed a group of analysis technicians on three shifts. A typical day for me was on average 12-15 hours long. I enjoyed helping out my co-workers with their production teams.
Strong portfolio - company experiencing immense growth
Warranty Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: 401k match, education reimbursement, health, dental, vision and supplemented beverages
Cons: expect employer to expect well over 40 hours a week
401K match, education reimbursement, health, dental, vision and supplemented beverages. Potential for internal advancement.

Expect employer to expect well over 40 hours a week in challenging work environment where "lean and mean" is business essential.
Productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Internship (Current Employee), Farmington HillsSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits and room for advancement
Cons: lots of locations
A typical day is filled with hard and fulfilling work. Everyday holds a different task to complete and nothing is predictable especially when working in Human Resources.
Fun and productive place to work
Dedicated Rework (Current Employee), Franklin, KYSeptember 4, 2013
Learned how to solder and rework and trouble shoot circuit boards

Management was there if I needed them for the most part I was expected to supervise myself and expected to stay on take and focused.

Hardest part learning different soldering techies.

Most enjoyable part was getting to work on boards and learning how to rework them and trouble shooting – more... them. – less
good
software engineer (Current Employee), anywhereAugust 31, 2013
i am working for harman inter national working for infotainment
Harman company are great except Franklin KY facility.
Senior Analysis Repair Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, KYAugust 7, 2013
Pros: the company are great, benifets as well
Cons: management at franklin facility has poor decisions making.
• a typical day at work
Working on production environments is always been busy and pressured.

• what you learned
Working on a small to have to be yes mam, specially on no fault state commonwealth.

• management
Management at Franklin Facility has poor decisions making, they only think about their self and home grown decision, they never been outside – more... Franklin.

• your co-workers
Working on a small town and being none white even if I am American citizen, some of them can’t accept the fact that I am higher rank than them. They brown nose to the supervisor and do everything to put me down, the sad part, supervisor allowed them.

• the hardest part of the job
Working on a small town and being none white even if I am American citizen, management treat me like dirt bags.

• the most enjoyable part of the job
When I found an issue with the product during production, after my analysis I give feed back to the Engineering for future improvement. – less
Needs to be rebuilt
Analysis & Repair support (Current Employee), Franklin, KYMay 18, 2013
Pros: decent pay, canteen service 5 days a week, clean enviroment, heat and air, music plays daily.
Cons: managment are not trustworthy, employees are unmotivated, values change from day to day, no one cares about quality, moral is non existant.
On a typical workday you will see most employees walking around talking or sleeping on testers. Management values and quality values change from shift to shift. Some managers say that quality is not important, its all about the numbers. They have been working 7 days a week for 4 years and tell employees they are not dedicated enough when they take points – more... so they get days off. Employees are treated as if they are stupid and are made to feel replaceable. – less
Design and Analysis of Amplifiers
Associate Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), farmington hillsMarch 18, 2013
Cons: nope
It is a well reputed audio systems manufacturer
Nice environment,
Good colleagues.
Great place to work, nice partners.
Intern, Department of Software Engineer (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 22, 2013
Great place to work, lots of nice partners.
I worked about Head Unit for vehicle for many big companies like Toyota and GM.
I also learned a lot from these high level tasks.

About Harman International

Harman designs, manufactures, and markets a wide range of audio, lighting and infotainment solutions for the automotive, consumer, – Read more