HARMAN

HARMAN Employer Reviews

It is a fasting growing company, full of passion and competition.
Regional HRIS Coordinator and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), NyJanuary 7, 2015
International experiences are excellent, great team work. require to work under pressure and multi-task skills.
Great job with many benefits
Visual Quality Inspection (VQA) (Former Employee), Washington, MODecember 18, 2014
Pros: great team spirit
Cons: the company moved out of state
Harman was a great place to work. There was a gym open to all full-time employees and a staffed cafeteria. I learned VQA and had positions as people person and production person, which meant I placed people in their assigned positions and kept track of production and what was coming up next for final assembly and organized the production accordingly.
Funworkplace great staff
Europe and USA - Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: the company was purchased by harman and they moved to indiana
my typical days had me doing invoicing of orders that went out the previous day. Answering emails and phone calls help the sales force process orders quicker. Handling customer orders mistakes and getting them fixed quickly and to the customer liking.
Learned many things; although company relocated out of country
ITM (Former Employee), Washington, MONovember 17, 2014
The company offered many forms of training. We developed many friendships. The immediate management provided the necessary supervision for high performance. The hardest part of this job was the lay off that occurred due to relocation of the company to Mexico.
Fun and challenging place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee), Washington, MONovember 9, 2014
Pros: flex-time meaning that i had to work 8 hours a day and my orgianal shift was covered.
Cons: left the area.
A typical day at Harman I would walk in an make sure that first shift had all the issues fixed from the day and get an update on how their day was. Then, everyday was different there would be different issues and different situations. I would have to troubleshoot the issues and resolve them quickly. The factory was a lean company, so it was critical to resolve issues quickly.
Alright
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care
It wasn't the best place to work and the manager was a extremely selfish and rude to his employees.
Nice people to work with
Senior Manager, Finance and Controlling (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIOctober 18, 2014
A lot of good people to work with. Challenging job. A little chaotic.
Solid Company
Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: meaningful projects, career advancement and entrepreneurial culture
Cons: knowledge sharing
I've been with HARMAN for a little over one year now. I've worked on challenging assignments and continue to learn each day. The culture at HARMAN empowers employees to do their best while providing the support that's needed for career advancement.
One of the best automotive companies to work at!
Electrical Engineering/Software Verification (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 18, 2014
- Designed and maintained test scripts to test programs.
- Performed continuous software verification on infotainment systems.
- Performed daily and rigorous testing of infotainment software including Sanity and Smoke.
- Communicate on one-on-one basis with developers and customers.
- Debug and analyze minute and relatively simple issues.
- Uphold and utilized Company vehicles for in-house testing.
- Used high-level programming languages to create simple project specific scripts.
- Used Elvis database to report issues and process tickets
Fun! New technologically advance place to work!
Assembly Team Member (Current Employee), Franklin, KYMay 29, 2014
pros:
team environment
air conditioned with radio
innovative
allow people to change things

cons:
life consuming at one time we were working 7 days a week 8 hr. shifts
almost every job in the facility is being relocated to Mexico
Clean enviornment
Assembler (Current Employee), Franklin, KYMay 16, 2014
Pros: pros: good clean place to work
Cons: cons: temporary and hard to get hired through company and alot of repeticious work.
Currently safe with my position. Just found out yesterday that effective June 30th, that any temporary employee hired 1 yr or
greater will be excused of their current assignment. I'm one of the
lucky ones I was hired Jan 22, 2014 and they already have in place
an extension for us. It's very difficult to get hired through their
company. Lots of testing required for advance.
Supporting in achieving career goal
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits. awards for good work.
Cons: few vacation days.
The work environment was always positive. Great team, great people. Communication policy could be improved. Overall the company supports talents if the indivdual is willing to put in high work effort.
Very Productive
Team Leader (Former Employee), Franklin, KYFebruary 25, 2014
Harman is a decent place to work. They have a variety of jobs within the facility. Very fair throughout the plant.
Productive work place
Software Engineer, R&D Infotainment (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: flat organizational structure
Cons: management needs more direction
I worked at HARMAN International as an full time employee for less than a year.
Pros – Flexible schedules creating a good work/life balance.. Great Location. Good Learning environment. Most Harman colleagues were friendly and very helpful. Open minded work environment allowing employees to wear comfortable work attire and desired hair style, facial hairstyle
Productive and fun work place with work-out room
Warehouse Materials Handler (Former Employee), Washington, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, profit sharing plan
Cons: too much overtime
All in all Harman was an excellent place to work. They did however shut down the plant and left a lot of people without a job.
Productive work environment where a vast amount of knowledge is available
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Franklin, KYJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: income, benefits, on-site health clinic, quarterly incentives
Cons: hours required to work and mandatory overtime
Learning in an ever-changing environment. Opportunity for advancement in the corporation is limited but worth the hard work required. Fun place to meet a variety of people and learn interpersonal skills along with troubleshooting skills for even some of the most common every day technical things we have in our lives.
Productive work environment
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee), Northridge, CADecember 18, 2013
Pros: events planned for every occasion. college advancement.
Cons: closed office
Worked closely with very important co-workers. We got the job done in a timely manner. Reach goal. Great employee team morales. The most joyable time was working with employee and employers.
Clean safe work environment.
Line worker- making amps and speakers (Former Employee), Franklin, KYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
A very good job. The hardest part was the hours. The demand for product was so high we would have to work ten hours a day 7 days a week.
Summary 1
Business Analyst - Information Technology (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIDecember 13, 2013
It's a great fast paced place to work. The environment is welcoming and transparent. The global span of the company is huge and it's great working with so many people around the globe.
Seven days a week corporation that focuses on constantly training
Audio Team Member (Former Employee), Franklin, KYDecember 3, 2013
Cons: schedule
What I learned is that there a companies that operate on seven days a week not leaving much personal time for family. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the people I worked with were very friendly and they became my true second family.

1 2 3

About HARMAN

Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, HARMAN (NYSE:HAR) designs, manufactures and markets premier audio, visual, infotainment – Read more