HARMAN

HARMAN Employee Reviews

underpaid with many hats
Harman Employee (Former Employee), CTJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, bagel Fridays, summer business attire, great benefits.
Cons: Everything else that is not listed above.
Wish I can have something good to say about a company like Harman. This company needs structure. Everything and everyone is all over the place and you end up doing things you are not supposed to. The best part? another person takes credit and gets a promotion.There is a retail location in NY and that would probably be the worst place to work in . Employees do not get acknowledged. They offer great benefits but do not bother to offer an idea. They are stuck in their old ways.
N/A
Material Handler Fork Lift Operator Data Entry MRO (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
Good pay and great hours, the management team needed people skills but overall good job. I would recommend this job to someone in need...
DO NOT TAKE A JOB HERE if you want a life.
International Order Management Rep (Former Employee), Northridge, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: a pay check.
Cons: too many to list.
There is no work/life balance when you work here. If you have a family that you love and want to spend time with do not apply to work for them.

If you are ruthless and willing to do what ever it takes to get a head then this is the company for you.
Consulting for Defense and Online Marketing clients
President & Executive Consultant Harman Group LLC (Current Employee), Upatoi, GAFebruary 10, 2015
• Provides executive/program management/consultant services where the application of military experience, strong communication/leadership/ organizational skills will result in increased effectiveness in contract services provided to Defense Industry, Government agencies, municipalities and education institutions.
• Provides IT consultant services where the application of experience, strong communication/leadership/organizational skills & cutting edge technology will result in high quality Internet Presence provided to B2B Clients, Not for Profit Clients, as well as Government agencies, municipalities and education institutions.
Disappointing
Engineer (Former Employee), UndisclosedJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the facility was nice
Cons: the work environment was toxic
I expected better things from HARMAN, seeing how it's such a big name company. All I know is that there are many divisions and companies in HARMAN and it totally depends on where you work, but where I worked at, I will not disclose location, we had a poor management team. I worked for one of the under-developed brands of HARMAN, and needless to say it showed!! They were trying to push out 4 products a year with a small team of engineers, corners being cut left and right, very poor design cycle, at times we were told what to do from some guy on the phone who I'd never seen in my life... in my head – more... I was thinking who the f... is this person that's promising this stupid stuff. Oh and by the way the products we worked on sucked by my standards. Over priced pieces of metal in my opinion because there was nothing special about the electronics. Nonetheless if you're considering taking a job with Harman, ask about which brands you'll be working on, and do your research on that brand because some of their brands do suck... and alot of times what they do is take existing electronics from another company and put it their boxes, which I thought was very disappointing... when I heard that I was thinking why the f... did you hire me if you're going to take something that exists and put in your metal ?? ... In addition you had no opinion there, they only decided to listen to my opinion when I told them I was leaving for another company – less
It is a fasting growing company, full of passion and competition.
Regional HRIS Coordinator and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), NyJanuary 7, 2015
International experiences are excellent, great team work. require to work under pressure and multi-task skills.
Great job with many benefits
Visual Quality Inspection (VQA) (Former Employee), Washington, MODecember 18, 2014
Pros: great team spirit
Cons: the company moved out of state
Harman was a great place to work. There was a gym open to all full-time employees and a staffed cafeteria. I learned VQA and had positions as people person and production person, which meant I placed people in their assigned positions and kept track of production and what was coming up next for final assembly and organized the production accordingly.
Funworkplace great staff
Europe and USA - Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 16, 2014
Pros: short commute
Cons: the company was purchased by harman and they moved to indiana
my typical days had me doing invoicing of orders that went out the previous day. Answering emails and phone calls help the sales force process orders quicker. Handling customer orders mistakes and getting them fixed quickly and to the customer liking.
Learned many things; although company relocated out of country
ITM (Former Employee), Washington, MONovember 17, 2014
The company offered many forms of training. We developed many friendships. The immediate management provided the necessary supervision for high performance. The hardest part of this job was the lay off that occurred due to relocation of the company to Mexico.
Fun and challenging place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee), Washington, MONovember 9, 2014
Pros: flex-time meaning that i had to work 8 hours a day and my orgianal shift was covered.
Cons: left the area.
A typical day at Harman I would walk in an make sure that first shift had all the issues fixed from the day and get an update on how their day was. Then, everyday was different there would be different issues and different situations. I would have to troubleshoot the issues and resolve them quickly. The factory was a lean company, so it was critical to resolve issues quickly.
Alright
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: health care
It wasn't the best place to work and the manager was a extremely selfish and rude to his employees.
Nice people to work with
Senior Manager, Finance and Controlling (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIOctober 18, 2014
A lot of good people to work with. Challenging job. A little chaotic.
Solid Company
Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: meaningful projects, career advancement and entrepreneurial culture
Cons: knowledge sharing
I've been with HARMAN for a little over one year now. I've worked on challenging assignments and continue to learn each day. The culture at HARMAN empowers employees to do their best while providing the support that's needed for career advancement.
One of the best automotive companies to work at!
Electrical Engineering/Software Verification (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 18, 2014
- Designed and maintained test scripts to test programs.
- Performed continuous software verification on infotainment systems.
- Performed daily and rigorous testing of infotainment software including Sanity and Smoke.
- Communicate on one-on-one basis with developers and customers.
- Debug and analyze minute and relatively simple issues.
- Uphold and utilized Company vehicles for in-house testing.
- Used high-level programming languages to create simple project specific scripts.
- Used Elvis database to report issues and process tickets
Fun! New technologically advance place to work!
Assembly Team Member (Current Employee), Franklin, KYMay 29, 2014
pros:
team environment
air conditioned with radio
innovative
allow people to change things

cons:
life consuming at one time we were working 7 days a week 8 hr. shifts
almost every job in the facility is being relocated to Mexico
Clean enviornment
Assembler (Current Employee), Franklin, KYMay 16, 2014
Pros: pros: good clean place to work
Cons: cons: temporary and hard to get hired through company and alot of repeticious work.
Currently safe with my position. Just found out yesterday that effective June 30th, that any temporary employee hired 1 yr or
greater will be excused of their current assignment. I'm one of the
lucky ones I was hired Jan 22, 2014 and they already have in place
an extension for us. It's very difficult to get hired through their
company. Lots of testing required for advance.
Supporting in achieving career goal
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits. awards for good work.
Cons: few vacation days.
The work environment was always positive. Great team, great people. Communication policy could be improved. Overall the company supports talents if the indivdual is willing to put in high work effort.
Very Productive
Team Leader (Former Employee), Franklin, KYFebruary 25, 2014
Harman is a decent place to work. They have a variety of jobs within the facility. Very fair throughout the plant.
Productive work place
Software Engineer, R&D Infotainment (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: flat organizational structure
Cons: management needs more direction
I worked at HARMAN International as an full time employee for less than a year.
Pros – Flexible schedules creating a good work/life balance.. Great Location. Good Learning environment. Most Harman colleagues were friendly and very helpful. Open minded work environment allowing employees to wear comfortable work attire and desired hair style, facial hairstyle
Productive and fun work place with work-out room
Warehouse Materials Handler (Former Employee), Washington, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, profit sharing plan
Cons: too much overtime
All in all Harman was an excellent place to work. They did however shut down the plant and left a lot of people without a job.
Headquarters