Harmons Grocery Employee Reviews

Turn around now!
customer service (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 12, 2015
Worked for the company for a number of years! I would not recommend for any one !! Terrible company! The management act like they care and they don't care about anyone but themselves they just want to get ahead and they don't care who they need to step on to get there!

I met a lot of great associates that I treasure but that is the only thing I took with me!
Pros
people
Cons
corporate, management, want to work you to the bone
I really enjoy my position here. My family wants to relocate to Idaho, this is the only reson I would leave.
Bistro Delicatessen Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 17, 2015
I really enjoy working here. My family wants to relocate to Idaho, this is the only reason I would leave. I love it at Harmons.
mixed feelings
deli food sales (Former Employee) –  bangeter crossing draperNovember 14, 2015
Store directors are biased ..do not remeber issues. Loved my job greatly increased sales by far...had alot of responsibility covering shifts workig long hours by myself closing etc then hours cut cuz i had too many. People who barely sleak english a d lack communication skills got full time before me...but i was good to close alone like 6 shifts in a row. The worst is I was BULLIED the job in front of custo.ers and customers went to management to k ow avail...over and over Bullied hit with carts, put down infront of people and Yelled at publicly for nothing. Didnt get breaks or lunch many days , and goes on and on. I loved my job my co workrs but a couple and was a tea. Player. No they play favoritism big time. Went to management over te bullyi ng a d talk talk talk ....did not believe me i spite of witnesses. I Was Remarkable At My Job! Increased sales beyond expectations alone usually, and worked very hard
Pros
great products, customers, atmosphere, fellow workers mostly a d my manager was fair when she was there...we won her a nice trip too
Cons
bullied, not enough breaks, lunches, support, bullied
SOme people are NOT good to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2015
Some People are Great others are Not Great, They DON't Take care Of their people. They say they do but they Don't. Not a good place to work,
Pros
the 2 Managers I had
Cons
too many Politics
Fast paced and usually rewarding
Meat Dept Associate (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTSeptember 14, 2015
The people you work with are the best part. The work is either very fast or very slow. Helping customers can feel very rewarding at times.
Overall the company is productive.
Customer Service Manager (CSM) Front End. (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 13, 2015
I have worked within this company for 15 years, moving from one location to another. The upper management of these other sites are overall good to work with, but there are others that work only for themselves.
I feel that the upper management could be do for an investigation. Some don't care about the employees that are under them, and can be somewhat authoritative, and abusive in their handling of some circumstances.
I myself have been in that situation, and if I were to say anything, I would lose my job.
Pros
busy place, clean, some friendly co-workers.
Cons
verbal abuse (upper mgmt), favoritism
Very customer friendly
Bagger/Drive up Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 21, 2015
When i get to work i clock in and go the the end of the register that has no bagger on it. I place the items people have bought into bags and occasionally we get a parson who needs drive up service. We take there cart outside and place the items in the cart in the customers car.
Pros
there's always good food for lunch.
Cons
the store is going through renovations so go backs are difficult to find.
Nice place to work for
Customer Service Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTApril 13, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Harmons, they love to help people move up within the company and you get to learn a lot of new departments to help you.
Pros
Great pay for sundays and holidays
Cons
Hard to get full time, benefits not great.
USDC
Lead Foodie (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 8, 2015
The job was good very challenging emotionally and physically.
Very routine oriented, home like environment. It was really sad to bond with the individuals and then see their health decline fast.
Co-workers were great and always helpful.
Pros
awesome benefits
Cons
physically and psycologically demanding
Great company
Fresh Pack Associate (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2015
Working in the distribution center has been great. I have a set schedule with evenings and weekends off. My co-workers have become a second family to me. The hardest part of my job is standing in one place all day. Still, we have a great crew and have fun laughing and singing to pass the time.
bakery was awful an unorganized
baker (Former Employee) –  salt lake city utMarch 7, 2014
I was new there and never had a set schedule, always guessing when to come in. First two weeks being there and was watching and taking care of all three stations for bakery without training. Management was horrible and was on their high horse all the time! And no employee discounts. Worse place to work at.
Working at Harmons Grocery
Business Center Associate (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJanuary 10, 2014
Working at Harmons has been a growing experience for me. I started out as a bagger, then moved up to be a cashier, then moved up even further to be in floral and the business center. My main job title right now is Business Center Associate, meaning I do Banking, Accounting, and Customer Service. I love what I do. I love math so the Banking/Accounting part of the job is really fun for me. I also really enjoy working with people, it's my passion. I feel like right now I'm getting the best of both worlds. I am currently seeking a new job that is more stable, and will help me to better myself and my future.
lots of fun people. decent pay.
Coffee Bar Manager/Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  farmington, utDecember 18, 2013
must be able to work with and for a variety of personalities.
Self paced environment
Delicatessen/Drive"n"Load (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 12, 2013
There are times where its really busy. But a lot of the time is self paced.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
MEAT DEPT (Former Employee) –  MIDVALESeptember 4, 2013
I worked for the company several years ago in the meat dept. and it totaly blew, the meat manager was an idiot, and ended up getting demoted because of this, they dont know how to work there fresh and frozen status on there seafood, ID NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!
Cons
everything under the sun
service deli has fresh food great people
Supervisor, Lead Soup/Salad Bar (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 1, 2013
I enjoyed harmons the people are wonderful learned many things in regard to food safety.
Pros
great people
Cons
not good health bennifits
Great co-workers make for a fun day!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTMarch 15, 2013
A typical day at work working for Harmons Grocery would be very busy if you worked in the afternoons and evenings. I was there for 4 years and was moved around constantly from different departments and I tried to move up to a high position. I was applied to a manger's position and immediately turned down the store director because he thought I was not ready to the position. A man, younger then myself was put into that position who had only been there 2 years. They had favorites and if you weren't a favorite don't plan on going anywhere. I was ridiculed as an employee and treated very different for being female. I started the same day as an other employee who was male and we both worked the front end department. He was a drive and load guy, while I was a checker. He made $1.50 more then I did and did less work then I did. The Roy store was very male dominance and the only way a female was moved to a managers is if she came from a different store. I was also denied a full time position after being there for 4 years. I was only getting 4-16 hours a week.
Pros
great co-workers, friendly enviroment
Cons
no employee discounts, sexist
Valued Employee
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTNovember 4, 2012
I held many positions with Harmons and enjoyed each one. They promote with in and want you to be viced in many different area's. The pay was competitive for each deparmtment. The culture of employees and also customers far surpassed all of my expectations. The managers were fair and had on going training. Hardest part is you are always on your feet, and the schedule varied so you had to always be available.
Pros
culture, benefits
Cons
schedul
Meeting new people has become your friends!
Checker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84404January 29, 2012
As a bagger, I was called to long lines of groceries because I was a very fast bagger and was done packing their groceries just in time for the customer ready to leave.

As a checker, I worked at a checkstand express that received 15 items or less only, since I couldn't keep good count of large balances on a regular checkstand but was able to on the express checkstand.
Pros
work overtime, good management, raises, nice customers and employers.
Cons
too many keypad buttons, have price check on items, mad customers.