Harmons Grocery

Harmons Grocery Employee Reviews

USDC
Lead Foodie (Current Employee), Orem, UTMarch 8, 2015
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: physically and psycologically demanding
The job was good very challenging emotionally and physically.
Very routine oriented, home like environment. It was really sad to bond with the individuals and then see their health decline fast.
Co-workers were great and always helpful.
Great company
Fresh Pack Associate (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 18, 2015
Working in the distribution center has been great. I have a set schedule with evenings and weekends off. My co-workers have become a second family to me. The hardest part of my job is standing in one place all day. Still, we have a great crew and have fun laughing and singing to pass the time.
bakery was awful an unorganized
baker (Former Employee), salt lake city utMarch 7, 2014
I was new there and never had a set schedule, always guessing when to come in. First two weeks being there and was watching and taking care of all three stations for bakery without training. Management was horrible and was on their high horse all the time! And no employee discounts. Worse place to work at.
Working at Harmons Grocery
Business Center Associate (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 10, 2014
Working at Harmons has been a growing experience for me. I started out as a bagger, then moved up to be a cashier, then moved up even further to be in floral and the business center. My main job title right now is Business Center Associate, meaning I do Banking, Accounting, and Customer Service. I love what I do. I love math so the Banking/Accounting part of the job is really fun for me. I also really enjoy working with people, it's my passion. I feel like right now I'm getting the best of both worlds. I am currently seeking a new job that is more stable, and will help me to better myself and my future.
lots of fun people. decent pay.
Coffee Bar Manager/Pastry Chef (Former Employee), farmington, utDecember 18, 2013
must be able to work with and for a variety of personalities.
Self paced environment
Delicatessen/Drive"n"Load (Current Employee), Ogden, UTDecember 12, 2013
There are times where its really busy. But a lot of the time is self paced.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
MEAT DEPT (Former Employee), MIDVALESeptember 4, 2013
Cons: everything under the sun
I worked for the company several years ago in the meat dept. and it totaly blew, the meat manager was an idiot, and ended up getting demoted because of this, they dont know how to work there fresh and frozen status on there seafood, ID NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!
service deli has fresh food great people
Supervisor, Lead Soup/Salad Bar (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJune 1, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: not good health bennifits
I enjoyed harmons the people are wonderful learned many things in regard to food safety.
Great co-workers make for a fun day!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Roy, UTMarch 15, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, friendly enviroment
Cons: no employee discounts, sexist
A typical day at work working for Harmons Grocery would be very busy if you worked in the afternoons and evenings. I was there for 4 years and was moved around constantly from different departments and I tried to move up to a high position. I was applied to a manger's position and immediately turned down the store director because he thought I was not ready to the position. A man, younger then myself was put into that position who had only been there 2 years. They had favorites and if you weren't a favorite don't plan on going anywhere. I was ridiculed as an employee and treated very different for being female. I started the same day as an other employee who was male and we both worked the front end department. He was a drive and load guy, while I was a checker. He made $1.50 more then I did and did less work then I did. The Roy store was very male dominance and the only way a female was moved to a managers is if she came from a different store. I was also denied a full time position after being there for 4 years. I was only getting 4-16 hours a week.
Valued Employee
Department Manager (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTNovember 4, 2012
Pros: culture, benefits
Cons: schedul
I held many positions with Harmons and enjoyed each one. They promote with in and want you to be viced in many different area's. The pay was competitive for each deparmtment. The culture of employees and also customers far surpassed all of my expectations. The managers were fair and had on going training. Hardest part is you are always on your feet, and the schedule varied so you had to always be available.
Meeting new people has become your friends!
Checker (Former Employee), Ogden, UT 84404January 29, 2012
Pros: work overtime, good management, raises, nice customers and employers.
Cons: too many keypad buttons, have price check on items, mad customers.
As a bagger, I was called to long lines of groceries because I was a very fast bagger and was done packing their groceries just in time for the customer ready to leave.

As a checker, I worked at a checkstand express that received 15 items or less only, since I couldn't keep good count of large balances on a regular checkstand but was able to on the express checkstand.

Harmons Grocery Salaries