Harmony Information Systems

Harmony Information Systems Employee Reviews

Was once a GREAT place to work
Technical Analyst/Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Essex Jct, VTJuly 22, 2013
Pros: the people, coworkers and customers
Cons: the executive team and managers
What started as a company called "Synergy Software" solutions, started by two gentleman here in VT was a great place to work, they really cared about their employees hence we really cared about the company.
They lived the american dream and sold to Harmony information systems based in VA.
Soon as they were bought out the company went down hill very fast, granted I will give credit to the current CEO, – more... he has created a very successful company from a profitability stand point, from an employee view point Harmony is a toxic nightmare, the managers they hire create a work place that has seen employee turnover jump from practically O% to a revolving door.
The shame of it is that doesn't have to be that way, for some reason the current "Executive Team" feels the most important thing is to make money and trust me I'm all for that, but at an expense that creates such a lousy employee moral and people walk around not knowing when they'll be fired for not making their monthly quota.
There are a few great people left in the VT office, and a few in VA.
Your employees should always come first, create a livable, positive work environment, when you have that your employees will do the rest, can't figure out why people don't see the logic in something so simple..... – less
A balance of late night and weekend work with focus on family needs and personal stability
Active Directory/Network Administrator (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTAugust 21, 2012
Pros: freedom to be one's self, ability to telecommute, flexibility in time off.
Cons: rushed deployments, "let's get this out" vs "let's get this right"
Harmony has definitely expanded my skill set as a Network Administrator exponentially. When I started, I had experience with small operations and now am familiar with the demand of high up-time SLA, datacenter and NOC operations, while working as a member of a nationwide team. I have learned the importance of rigid, ticket-based process change management for production implementations and have been – more... afforded the freedom to be myself along the way. Our IT team has only 3 members and we maintain a demanding SLA for large Statewide and Government level agencies that involves monitoring, deploying and maintaining over 250 production servers in 2 datacenters. As with all positions of this nature, there is a large amount of after hours and weekend work, but our company culture allows for taking extended time off when necessary without the inflexibility of a set number of days off that must be taken by the end of the calendar year. – less