Harnett Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  DunnDecember 12, 2015
If you like chaos, micromanagement, insufficient resources, back stabbing, lack of job security, decreased pay, benefit cuts, untrustworthy leadership, and NO communication, then this is the place for you! Daily the hospital deals with inadequate staff that stretches the ability to provide effective care. Daily team members deal with the very basics of insufficient linen and medical supplies. At one time in the last year they were cutting bars of soap in half and recycling batteries. Daily it seems as though senior/executive leadership is either oblivious to these challenges or unable to affect them. Instead they either ignore issues and walk away, blame the staff for not "informing them", or criticize them for not solving the problems themselves or for not solving them in the way they would have. Physician behavior is comical if not frightening. In the last year the hospital has lost all but three nurse leaders. Those who remain are over worked and under supported. This used to be a great place to work, grow, and serve the people of Harnett County. Now it is an organization slowly recovering from financial hardships and very poorly led. My advice is to stay away and find a job somewhere else. Protect yourself and your future.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Poor executive leadership
Harnett Health System
Clinical Nurse Leader (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 10, 2015
It is a slightly busy ER. I work with wonderful nurses, but there has recently been a huge turnover. The management for the most part is great. The hardest part of my job is the lack of wrking equipment in the ER. I really enjoy the team there.
Voluteer in Hospital Gift Shop and Toy Makers
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 21, 2015
Volunteered twice a week in the hospital gift shop and worked along with other volunteers for the Toy Makers program. Worked to give back to the community
Usually busy days as well as some night time work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dunn N.C.November 24, 2014
Typical day involved keeping all mechanical,electrical and supporting equiptment operational as well as all patient, operating,radiology rooms. Keeping records for joint commission inspections as well as scheduling all outside sources for hospital certifications.
Pros
hours and close to home
Cons
sometimes could be major stressful depending what area problem was in such as operating room
A nightmare come true
Health care worker (Current Employee) –  Dunn, LillingtonSeptember 1, 2014
Backstabbing, small- minded coworkers. Racist, intolerant, unprofessional. Boss tolerated and even encouraged this behavior. Beware if you don't talk or act southern
Cons
financially unstable, unsupportive learning environment
patient care at Lillington hospital (Former Employee) –  LillingtonJuly 4, 2014
This place is just scary. Lack of policy and protocols creates a very dangerous environment. Horrible management. Compensation and benefits are the worst I've ever seen. This health system has serious financial issues. If you value your license, quality patient care, and your bank account, stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
accepting an employment offer
RN (Current Employee) –  StaffMay 13, 2014
This could be a great place to work however it is the opposite. Recent layoffs, pay cuts and benefit reductions are only the surface of the problems at this facility. It is as financially stable as a bowl of jello. If you value your license then it is best to find employment elsewhere as at times you may be risking it. Working long hours, frequently without lunch, bathroom break or even a sip of a drink, is standard practice. Manager was brought in from another state and knows nothing regarding the area of practice in which was hired nor about true management style. Be advised that at interview the nature of this facility is covered up more than usual and after hire enormous change from what was told. I arrived at this facility with a career happy and positive attitude that melted like a snowball in July. Most of the remaining staff are looking for other jobs as they are beat down, working short staffed and with little resources. There are other good hospitals in the area. Pass on Harnett Health.
Pros
plenty of parking due to staff layoffs and downsizing
Cons
unstable company with poor work environment and under-valued employees
Awesome
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Premiere Pediatrics, Harnett Ob/GynAugust 20, 2013
I have lived in this community and have had services at Harnett Health/Betsy Johnson for more than 25 years. My family members and I have had excellent service at each visit. Several of us have had out patient surgeries, have been inpatients, have had rehab services, and have used the ED. I was very proud to become part of the Harnett Health team 3 years ago. Employees work as a team, are devoted to patient care, and have a sense of pride in doing jobs well.
I love working here!
Director of PR & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 3, 2013
The organization has a strong culture, knowing where its roots began. The management team works well together and has their employees' and patients' best interest at heart.
What a great place! Harnett Health ROCKS!
Public Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 3, 2013
My family and I are patients at Harnett Health and have had good experiences each time. The people are friendly and really care and want to help. We get smiles and warm "hellos" just walking down the hall. That really makes a difference compared to other healthcare facilities. I also work for Harnett Health and know that the organization is working everyday to make it the best option for healthcare in our area. The management truly cares about the employees and the patients and wants the best for everyone. I love going to work each day! I wake up ready to get to work and not dreading it like many of my friends who work at other places. That says a lot. I am truly blessed to work at Harnett Health!
Pros
great people, convenient locations, opportunities to support our community (relay for life, etc.)
Cons
wish i was closer to the hospital cafeterias - they are great.. . really, you should try the food
Don't bother
Withheld (Former Employee) –  Dunn & Lillington, NCMarch 8, 2013
Harnett Health System has awful management, full of cronies. They support and seem to encourage a backstabbing environment. They are especially hostile to people not from the south - sweet to your face, but watch out! They are still fighting the Civil War and if you are an "outsider", you are doomed. Not interested in big ideas, only want things to remain the same.
Cons
very poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harnett Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9