Harps Food Stores Employee Reviews

Fast-paced workplace friendly people
Assistant General Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 14, 2018
This is a good place to work if you're in school and need something part time to earn a little money, but not a great long-term job. Opportunities for advancement are limited and inconsistent. Management changed three times in my two years, and only seemed to get worse. However, the people that work at Harps are friendly and will make you feel right at home.
Pros
Hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks, overtime available
Cons
Low pay, healthcare, hours
Fun and fast paced
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Prairie Grove, AR 72753January 28, 2018
I loved working at Harps! Everyday was fun, and kept me on my feet. I loved the customers that came to see me every week for their meet needs. I would work this job over too!!!
Pros
Make new friends
Cons
no paid vacation
A stable place to work
Lead Baker (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 23, 2018
I love the people I work with and my managers are pretty great. Unfortunately there is not a great opportunity of advancing at my job. Ive been here for four years and am ready to go somewhere where I have a better chance at moving up and becoming more.
Pros
stable
Cons
pay
Nice place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 18, 2018
Harps is a nice clean store with great people, great prices, and great customer service. They go beyond and overbroad to help you get what you need and make sure you leave happy
fun
Casher/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, OKJanuary 15, 2018
I was young and they were my first place to give me a job I had a great time there just grew out of it to go to some where bigger and make more money then college
Workplace
Cash savers (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 5, 2018
It's an easy job your always on your rest. Mostly at the register,facing aisle or putting item's back on the aisle. You'll clean the bathrooms at least two times a week or sometimes more same with taking out trash.
Productive and flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Inola, OKDecember 19, 2017
Was a wonderfully place. Still talk to old employees. Great job not hard work hours were not enough sometimes but an overall good place to work. Great people to.
Pros
Great people
Cons
More hours
Worked here three years
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Piney, ARDecember 14, 2017
And make less than a new cashier that gets a job. Not happy here, I'm a mom and need more than 20 hours a week at 8.80 per hour..
My Manger when I was a cashier, was easy to deal with. I've worked in 4 different departments, General Merchandise was the best.
Pros
Partys, 401K, stock, employees
Cons
Low pay, managers, no hours
Excellent
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 4, 2017
Loved my job at harps it was a great place to work I provided excellent customer service to our guest at a professional and timely manor. I was paid 12 dollars an hour and worked 40 plus a
Hours a week I am only leaving to move on to bigger and better things.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seligman, MONovember 30, 2017
There was never consistent hours on the schedule, they were always different every week which meant different pay checks every two weeks that you got paid. There was no room for advancement, management seemed like she didnt know what she was doing at the time.

Want to know more about Harps Food Stores?

Ask a question
Great place to be
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 29, 2017
Management is great, environment is relaxed, and work/life balance is perfect. I started at 10 vacation days and 5 sick days which was pretty generous. A great company to start at.
Work environment was great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alma, ARNovember 27, 2017
The work environment/employee interaction was great. The work was constant and kept you busy. Breaks were well thought out and generous. Employee interaction was always good.
Pros
Christmas parties
Its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, OKNovember 24, 2017
Its a good starter job, and it will give you some needed experience for a starter job. The customers are patient and nice to new people. They give you 15 minute breaks.
Pros
pays well
Cons
no discounts
High quality product, friendly work place
Meat Department (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 15, 2017
Harps delivers a great quality product. Excellent meat and produce departments. Decent benifits and stock options for full time employees. Wages were competitive and department managers were great.
Great starter job
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Westville, OKNovember 9, 2017
I started working at Harp's when I was 16 years old. It taught me responsibility and gave me a career. I was able to move up from cashier to scanning coordinator into management. Pay was good when I was 16, but soon became low for an adult with a family.
Pros
Flexible when your a teenager
Cons
low pay
Fun, and hard working people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKOctober 25, 2017
Fun, easy to get along with your co-workers. High paced work style. A typical work day consist of you checking. If need be the manager on duty can pull you aside and have you stock/face the store.
nice people, and manager
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 23, 2017
deli working is easy, just slicing meats and cheeses, and making fresh food to put out everyday, also some chicken frying every now and then, usually main cook took care of it.
Productive and fast paced enviroment
Deli Bakery (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 22, 2017
Good management, great benefits to this company, best cakes around and best bakers. i would only say they don't pay well for their employees.i worked there for 3 years and never got a raise.
Sometimes we got cuts on prices
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, AROctober 20, 2017
Boss was unfair to certain people,always making some do all jobs that others didn't want to,the hardest part for me was them acting like I was never good enough for full time after 41/2.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no insurance, no fulltime unless it was their friends
Bad management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkins, AROctober 18, 2017
My personal manager in the pharmacy was extremely manipulative and unprofessional, which led to me quitting. The store manager however , was great and always friendly and funny