Harps Food Stores Employee Reviews

Enjoyable environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gentry, ARMarch 30, 2017
The managers and team members make work enjoyable and fun, they also work well with your schedule. The environment is laid back but still motivated to get the job done.
The store i worked for started out fun but didnt last
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Gravette, ARMarch 7, 2017
Everything was great but the Management was the worst i have ever had to be apart of at the Gravette store. Loved the work but didnt survive the Management.
classic
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Bull Shoals, ARFebruary 5, 2017
as a ritual to anyones jojurney to bull shoals connies just has a astomer one in its own with a staff that loves some sarcasm and a hard time everyday is agood day
Amazing staff
Customer Service Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 4, 2017
I absolutely loved making conversations every day with someone new who shopped at Harps. The management team was amazing! I learned a lot and got promoted fast!
Coworkers are great, employees get stock in the company
General Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 4, 2017
Harps is good if your the store or grocery manager, I would never recommend taking a general merchandise manager position! It is the most disrespected position in the store. Very limited training & your set out on your own, if you run a smaller store you get 24 hours a week to do a 40 hour job, it's impossible to keep up with the work load, you never get caught up!
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
No benefits or sick pay for a manager position
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARFebruary 1, 2017
I liked my job at Harps because there was always something to do. I was qualified to do every position there, so I would work in the cash office, customer service, fuel department, cashier, stocker, and close the store.
Pros
Variety of work experience
Cons
Bad Work schedule
harps was a great place to work
Delicatessen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 31, 2017
there were plenty of nice people who worked there polite customers all day long. it was very enjoying to work there. I would recommend them to others
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 19, 2017
I've really enjoyed working here for five years. Good pay, good people to work with, I have lots of responsibilities that keep me busy and everyone is always friendly! We have lots of good benefits here, and I'm covered for just about anything I need.
Pros
Good benefits
small town grocery store
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Gore, OKJanuary 11, 2017
I was the poster child for customer service here. I advanced very quickly to various positions and nearly mastered and thoroughly enjoyed each one that I was involved in. I loved the work environment and the family feel of the people I worked with! It was a small town grocery store so the customers were so very friendly and wonderful.
Gets the job done
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Fork, ARJanuary 4, 2017
The idea is to get in and get the job done. Can't always get the amount of hours you want. A decent part time job while finishing or working your way through school/college

Want to know more about Harps Food Stores?

Ask a question
Productive and Friendly Store
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARDecember 12, 2016
Emphasized fast, friendly customer service; served shoppers in prompt, courteous, friendly manner. Sliced, served specialty meats/cheeses, salads and etc. Handled products and equipment in accordance with safety and sanitary guidelines. Fulfilled special order requests, including special occasion cakes. Offered product samples, answered questions and suggested products. Stocked, priced, front-faced and rotated merchandise. Greeted all customers. Communicated and exemplified the company's vision and goals.
Pros
Great hard working co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
Good productive work place .
Custumer service manager (Former Employee) –  Grove, OKNovember 29, 2016
This was a great company to work for .They cared about their employees as well as customers. Management was organized and productive .They were patient while training and overall awesome.The coworkers were typically very helpful and a joy to work with . A typical day includes making sure all tills are on point keeping track of safe counts, western union transactions and basic customer service skills and cleaning.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 19, 2016
Loved my coworkers. Didn't care for the management. My problems werent resolved. I felt ignored and under appreciated. I did love the people I worked with they made it fun.
Pros
Fun, out going.
Cons
Not listened to
Its a good place to work
Deli/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Haskell, ARNovember 18, 2016
Harps in general is a awesome store! They have good deals every week. All the workers are nice and productive. Working for harps is good as well! I love most of my coworkers! My managers really work with me! I do recommend people who are searching for a part time job towards harps.
Pros
on a long shift they give a hour lunch, 2 15 minute breaks. Also get holiday pay (working on the holiday).
Cons
don't get a discount on items.
You have to be somebody important
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 12, 2016
I was employed for 2 years with Harps, and it was some of worst years of my life. In order to be treated as a human being, you have to be one of the "big dogs." Your work and job well done typically goes unnoticed. People who slack, don't show up on time, and just overrall don't do their job face no consequences. And full time benefits are a joke when the cost is through the roof. This is not a company I would recommend working for.
Cons
No discounts, mistreatment, poor pay
Cashier-love meeting new people and working with the public and helping others.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, AROctober 11, 2016
Love working and meeting new people. I work great with other employees. I'm not getting any hours. 12 hours a week is not enough. I'm haveing to find second job to pay my bill's.
Pros
Helping and meeting new people
Cons
Not enough hours. Two days a week is not enough
good place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, AROctober 5, 2016
Flexible schedule, friendly co workers. I really enjoy working here. It a fun environment and there is always someone around to talk to
This was a fun place to work
Bakery/Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, AROctober 2, 2016
Typical day was baking, packaging food, customer service. How to bake different types of breads. The management was great and very friendly. My co-workers were very friendly and made the job more exciting. The hardest part of the job was the heat. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the satisfaction on the customers face.
Pros
Sampling the foods we made
Cons
The heat
Was a solid stint.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJuly 21, 2016
My time with Harps was very positive. I left holding them in high regard. Stores run smoothly and professionally both in the back and on the floor. Advancement didn't come easy, but as they continue to expand that should improve.
Productive place
Baker (Current Employee) –  Cabot, ARMarch 20, 2016
Open department make donuts,bake bread, give brakes, and customer service. I've learn how to work with a diverse group of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harps Food Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval