Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

They promote hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2016
I am a hard worker, but this company will work you to the bone and spread you super thin - assigning you multiple properties, yet not compensating you for the aditional workload. They say they promote a job/work life balance, but if you are in management,don't count on it!
Pros
Large company, lots of opprtunities
Cons
The pay for the workload is not properly balanced.
Fun place to work.
Server/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 16, 2016
LAD was a fun place to work great people. Good experience if you want to get into the food and beverage business. Management was decent for the most part, but definitely could use some improvement.
Poorly managed department
Total Rewards Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at Total Rewards is greeting and signing up guests, selling all casino gaming, promotions, and issuing out comps. I learned how to print cards and be a information hub for guests. Management onna scale from 1 to 10 is a 3! Poorly managed and no leadership in Total Rewards. The co-workers are not supervised nor managed effectively. In addition, I was constantly verbally harassed and ganged up on by several associates in front of guests and staff! Hardest part of the job was the poor compensation and commute. The best part was the guests that played there; the guests are fun people.
Pros
Diverse place
Cons
Micromanaged to death, low growth, poor wages, hostile staff
Fun place to work
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 10, 2016
A fun place to work. Tips and compensation were fair as a Valet. Great group of people to work with. Cafe had great food options, one free meal a day.
I love working for them !!!!!
Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 6, 2016
Those 8 years was the most good years of my life. I've worked with some of the most good people I've ever worked with !!! And i enjoy meeting new customers and new workers .
Fun Workplace
Environmental Service Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 5, 2016
Great Company it was good for me, had opportunity to advance but had personal things going on I worked overnight
Pros
Network Mecca
Cons
People Drunk
very fast passed position
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 4, 2016
very good place to work for awesome benefits, You gain tons of guest service, co-workers are more like family look out for each other
benefits
Cons
pay
productive
Teamster Laborer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2016
Easy going place my first job while in high school.Learned alot there about time management and responsibility,great place to work surrounded by good people
I would of never left
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJuly 22, 2016
I would of never left this company if it wasn't for an incident that I had.
It was a good environment, great guest. Some of the employees were very underrated as well. They seem to focus more on certain aspects of the Casino then that of a low level employee and that will hurt in the long end.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, not enough room to grow
Winn Dixie is a mediocre job
Beverage Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2016
My supervisors were great but the opportunities were limited. Never any incentives and bad hourly opportunities
Providing entertainment
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2016
provided guest service and knowledge of the game of poker to the beginner

making sure every guest had a great time and would want to return
Pros
seeing customers have a great time with their families
Cons
being away from my family on holidays
Barista (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 17, 2016
It was an excellent place to work and be apart of the Harrah's family. Also the work perks were great incentives to keep us motivated and on our toes.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
No cons
Professional Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 17, 2016
Harrah's casino offers a professional working environment however does have a few faults, specifically in opportunity for advancement as well as an acceptable living wage.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Wages/Advancement
supervisor!
Cook 2/ lead supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 16, 2016
Monitored kitchen inventory and re-ordered food and supplies as needed. Maintained kitchen condition to standards exceeding health regulations. Prepared food cooked to order in a fast-paced, short-order diner. Supervised and trained restaurant staff including sous chefs and food handlers. Handled all aspects of food service management
Hard to move shifts
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 15, 2016
Very fast paced fun environment. It was very hard to change from the graveyard shift to days. I worked there for two years, and was STILL not eligible to move shifts.
sure
Customer Service Representative, Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJuly 5, 2016
If your excited about a fast pace work environnement, Late nights hours, and enjoy being around all types of people . . . . sure this job is for you
slot machines and a bar
Stocker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 28, 2016
very good place to work a good work place and bosses are great and co workers were awesome and again moved away gave up job cause moved cross country
Pros
discounts on everything
Great People
Staff Internal Auditor (Finance) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the position are the people I work with. It's a 24/7/365 business and working weekends suck, but overall it's a great place to work!
Don't get locked in!
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILJune 28, 2016
Guests are rude and impatient. Day staff tend to be clicky, 2nd shift are much more open and happy to be at work.
Pros
Great breaks and free meals in employee break room!
Cons
Long hours often made to stay to cover without being asked
Who I am at work.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work for me is just coming into work ready to work with a great attitude. I learned nobody and nothing you do is perfect as long as you work hard and keep a positive mindset. My co workers and managers love my work ethic because I like to work very fast and try to keep everything nice and clean. Also I tend to over think the day or situation but as I get through the day, I know I can get through anything as long as I stay patient and keep a positive attitude. I enjoy working because I like to keep myself busy and motivated to achive succes.