Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

A great place to work, with diverse atmosphere and fun
Status Board clerk I provide Guests in the resort (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CANovember 18, 2016
most of my day was spent on the phone with guests. I was a dispatcher and also managed the day to day (daily schedules, and weekly schedules) operations for all of the housekeepers on property. Management was good and my coworkers were all great, and I had a great time getting to know all of them. What I learned and was also one of the hardest parts of my job was, multitasking. Although it was hard to multitask it was also fun, there was always something to do.
Pros
discounted lunches, private chefs, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
not much room to move up.
Fast paced and fun environment.
Valet (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 2, 2016
Very rewarding job with several return customers that I grew to know very well throughout the years. I enjoyed working with the public and building rapport with clientele.
The hardest part for working for tips and never knowing if your shift was going to be busy or not.
I enjoy working concerts when Stir Concert Cove is open.
Pros
Customer loyalty and working with Stir concert cove.
Cons
Short breaks and working for tips
Good company to work for a lot of opportunities for advancement.
VIP Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 5, 2016
I spent 7 years in the hotel reservation and 5 years at VIP Services.
Always been pleasant on the phone and reached the goals for phone calls per hour. Issued complimentary room, food, and show vouchers based on gaming activity.
The most enjoyable part of the job when Guest remembers for your excellent service and they know you by name.
Pros
Good working hours, free employee meals, good medical benefits
Cons
Connected to the phone all day
One of the best companies to work for in the gaming business
Assistant Casino Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 29, 2016
Harrah's was the cornerstone of my career. They taught me the basics of the business and the introduced me to frontline leadership. I learned how to be a leader and how to be a successful facilitator.
Pros
First to Market, The training was irreplacable, great company
Cons
Advancement opportunities were not as plentiful do to tenure.
Currently Players Casino
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILOctober 18, 2016
Began as a customer service representative and moved to Group Sales manager. Enjoyed working for both Players and Harrah's. Benefits were good as well as ample vacation time and sick leave
Pros
Working for a casino, great company to work for, vacation time and personal days
Cons
Did a considerable amount of traveling while taking care of my 2 daughters
produtive job with nices tips
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401November 14, 2016
a typical day was stressful! as an employee your constantly being watched and Criticized. I have learned that its really important to have a college degree that why i started school this year. management was a bit unorganized. the hardest part was when it goy really busy and we were short staff. the most enjoyable part was getting paid every week.
Poorly managed department
Total Rewards Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at Total Rewards is greeting and signing up guests, selling all casino gaming, promotions, and issuing out comps. I learned how to print cards and be a information hub for guests. Management onna scale from 1 to 10 is a 3! Poorly managed and no leadership in Total Rewards. The co-workers are not supervised nor managed effectively. In addition, I was constantly verbally harassed and ganged up on by several associates in front of guests and staff! Hardest part of the job was the poor compensation and commute. The best part was the guests that played there; the guests are fun people.
Pros
Diverse place
Cons
Micromanaged to death, low growth, poor wages, hostile staff
Fun part was meeting new people and working with fellow workers
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 17, 2016
Hardest part is the boredom. Standing for 8 hour shifts. Most enjoyable part was meeting and helping people. Everyday was a learning experience. The management was very understanding and helpful with the needs of the employees.
Pros
Free parking and lunches.
Cons
short breaks, smoking atmosphere
Fun Place To Work
Assistant Hotel Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 7, 2016
This company takes pride in ensuring that the proper candidates are selected for the job. Employees have larger than life personalities and know how to make guests feel welcomed. the benefits are amazing with an unbeatable 401k plan.
Pros
provides parking for employees, separate dining area for employees
They promote hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 17, 2016
I am a hard worker, but this company will work you to the bone and spread you super thin - assigning you multiple properties, yet not compensating you for the aditional workload. They say they promote a job/work life balance, but if you are in management,don't count on it!
Pros
Large company, lots of opprtunities
Cons
The pay for the workload is not properly balanced.
It was a fun place to work.
Ordinary Seaman (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INOctober 29, 2016
I worked on the ship most of the day, cleaning and painting the ship. I learned a lot about safety, fire fighting and sailing. The management were nice and fare. The co-workers were great people to work with. There was no hard part of the job I had a great time working there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The winters
Who I am at work.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work for me is just coming into work ready to work with a great attitude. I learned nobody and nothing you do is perfect as long as you work hard and keep a positive mindset. My co workers and managers love my work ethic because I like to work very fast and try to keep everything nice and clean. Also I tend to over think the day or situation but as I get through the day, I know I can get through anything as long as I stay patient and keep a positive attitude. I enjoy working because I like to keep myself busy and motivated to achive succes.
Its a really nice place to work at, with alot of good, fun, hardworking people.
Pit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2016
Harrah's is my first casino job and I can say that its a pretty nice place to work at. The people I work with every day are awesome, and the Harrah's it self is great and still expanding.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Sometimes the food is not that great.
supervisor!
Cook 2/ lead supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 16, 2016
Monitored kitchen inventory and re-ordered food and supplies as needed. Maintained kitchen condition to standards exceeding health regulations. Prepared food cooked to order in a fast-paced, short-order diner. Supervised and trained restaurant staff including sous chefs and food handlers. Handled all aspects of food service management
I would of never left
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJuly 22, 2016
I would of never left this company if it wasn't for an incident that I had.
It was a good environment, great guest. Some of the employees were very underrated as well. They seem to focus more on certain aspects of the Casino then that of a low level employee and that will hurt in the long end.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, not enough room to grow
Helpful Staff and CoWorkers/ Poor Management Team
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work depends on where you are scheduled
The Service Wells is away from customers and you deal with only cocktail waitress who were very easy to get along with and helpful.
The CoWorkers here for the most part got along very well with eachother and were a mature group of people.
The down side is the management was very poor, lacked leadership and communication which could make work sometimes unpleasant but with the other workers there we managed to work together and figure things out unless management was really needed. A pretty good experience and helped build team work skills.
Horrible Management
Spa (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
Management is horrible...your not treated with respect, your talked down to, and nothing is confidential between managers. Spa manager is the worst about letting employee's personal issues, the next days gossip amongst other employees. She can't be trusted and somehow remains in management. Spa supervisor lied on her application and doesn't even have a high school diploma or GED, But yet she was promoted to a supervisor position, because of lack of applicants, merely by the manager so she herself does not have any extra work. Horrible pay for amount of hours required to work. Company and management allow guests to get in employees faces and yell at them and just pretend they don't see. Manager allows employees to come in high on marajuana and no drug tests are enforced.
Benefits
Fast paced and busy
Stewarding Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed my time there, I worked my way up from setting up banquets to working concerts and then finally working at the buffet and becoming supervisor. During my time there I was fortunate enough to win the Chairman's Award for Superior Internal Service.
I hated the closing, over my 17 years there I had made many friends and met wonderful people visiting the casino.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Driving distance and time
Harrahs
Caesars Entertainment Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2016
This was an amazing company to work for. They take pride in their work. The company has plenty of room for advancement. Located in Atlantic City with great food and nightlife.
Pros
Great employees, great food
Cons
ACs poor economy
Workday Review at Harrah's Cherokee
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMay 18, 2016
My workday was never dull or boring. If you like fast paced and meeting different people of all types of cultures , then you would enjoy working for Harrah's. I learned a lot from my coworkers every day as well as trained new employees in our area that came in. I also worked all 3 shifts to make sure we had enough people to cover due to being short handed. I did love all the different tasks. From time edits to inventory to confidential processing of employee paperwork. We were always busy. The time went by fast. If my husband,s job had not relocated him, I would still be there. Lots of chances for advancement.
Pros
Areas for advancement
Cons
Hard on people with small children.