Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work if your not looking for to much money or advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2016
Get as much training as you can then move to another casino or job they have excellent training but very poor compensation. Co workers are nice people and over worked for what there paid. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the middle management very under educated and born micro managers also company policies are vague and applied selectively. The coworkers were enjoyable good people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very bad manegement depending on a persons department
Loved it here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2016
Great training program when I was first hired, enjoyed the different venues to work in, co-workers, for the most part, were fun and enjoyable. Management was willing to work with you regarding the scheduling.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, treated employees well.
Cons
Never was able to get a full time shift due to people with higher seniority.
I loved working with my co-wokers and the guest
Cocktails (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMarch 4, 2016
most days were fun I went to work and did my job.
was that it does not do any good to fallow the chain of comand when there is a problem it just makes you a target.
Not all people know what they are doing when they get a upper management job.
I loved my co-workers I worked with them for almost 20 years we were like family.
Was the upper Managment
I enjoyed the eople that I worked with and the players and I do miss them.
Pros
Most of the people, Ins, pay
Cons
not being able to get help when there was a problem
take care of guests and all repairs
Eng. 2. My swung shift boss now is Dave Carter (Current Employee) –  Reno NvSeptember 13, 2015
Last time i work there it was great. but sense iv'e back there more worried about a minuet. Employees don't count any more.coworkers are great. Management not to bad. They did hire some young men but they went to other shifts, the other shift could have use at least one of them.and they got the best days even better the us that that been there longer. we need some mechanics that are small enough to fit in small places, we have a lot of them. They hired a big man, hes a good mechanic, he came another one of our property with 4 weeks vac.and high pay that's fine but they could hire 3 young men and train them, it would have been more cost effective. We got top mechanic that know our building completely. I don't think they know how to hire anymore in the Engineering department.the hardest is caring into them small places working on the H.V.A.C. valves.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care and good benefits
Great team members!
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 9, 2015
Good management, that was supportive of all employees. Excellent benefits package. They could have been a little less concerned with politics, but that is expected for large corporations.
Horrible Management
Spa (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
Management is horrible...your not treated with respect, your talked down to, and nothing is confidential between managers. Spa manager is the worst about letting employee's personal issues, the next days gossip amongst other employees. She can't be trusted and somehow remains in management. Spa supervisor lied on her application and doesn't even have a high school diploma or GED, But yet she was promoted to a supervisor position, because of lack of applicants, merely by the manager so she herself does not have any extra work. Horrible pay for amount of hours required to work. Company and management allow guests to get in employees faces and yell at them and just pretend they don't see. Manager allows employees to come in high on marajuana and no drug tests are enforced.
Benefits
Cons
Productive in fun work place, provided me with the skills and Knowledge preferred to excel in the entertainment industry.
Stellar guest relations skills, neat appearance (Current Employee) –  Chester PaSeptember 26, 2015
Extremely fun work place!! Overall enjoyable job yet.., despite management being old immature and revenge driven..
I you are a lively person and can
tolerate loud noise, fussy intoxicated guest and smoke of all types of cigars, cigarettes, vapors etc..being blown your way its the job for you...Networking is always present working here.....Overall good starter job not career driven..
Pros
Networking
Cons
Foundation, Structure, Chain of command
A Good Place to Work
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Harrah's is a good place to work. They take care of their employee's with good benefits and job security. They try to make it a fun place for Employee's and Customers alike.
Workday Review at Harrah's Cherokee
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMay 18, 2016
My workday was never dull or boring. If you like fast paced and meeting different people of all types of cultures , then you would enjoy working for Harrah's. I learned a lot from my coworkers every day as well as trained new employees in our area that came in. I also worked all 3 shifts to make sure we had enough people to cover due to being short handed. I did love all the different tasks. From time edits to inventory to confidential processing of employee paperwork. We were always busy. The time went by fast. If my husband,s job had not relocated him, I would still be there. Lots of chances for advancement.
Pros
Areas for advancement
Cons
Hard on people with small children.
Diverse and fun workplace
Baker I (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Stateline, NVMay 24, 2016
Harrah's Hotel and Casino has a very diverse team and is always seeking to improve the workplace to please its employees. A typical day at work starts at 6am for me. I prep and provide exquisite desserts for all fine dinning restaurants. In this job I have learned a lot of baking and decorating skills. Although my current position is not of a lead or higher, I sometimes perform leadership duties. Management in the Bakery Department has had its ups and down. This department is under new supervision and it seem to all be running better. I think the hardest part of my job is that of having to work long extra hours on holidays and not being able to take time off during holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job is my break. It is a paid break with a lunch included. The company provides its employees with a dinning room, plus a paid break.
Pros
Free Lunches and Paid Breaks. Health benefits are pretty decent
Cons
Calling in sick gets you points and when you accumulate 10 points you get terminated.
Helpful Staff and CoWorkers/ Poor Management Team
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work depends on where you are scheduled
The Service Wells is away from customers and you deal with only cocktail waitress who were very easy to get along with and helpful.
The CoWorkers here for the most part got along very well with eachother and were a mature group of people.
The down side is the management was very poor, lacked leadership and communication which could make work sometimes unpleasant but with the other workers there we managed to work together and figure things out unless management was really needed. A pretty good experience and helped build team work skills.
fun and entertaining environment
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 29, 2015
Casinos are a fun and entertaining environment with great opportunities. Promotions and transfers from within are a plus. Benefits when given full time employment. The most enjoyable part is the entertainment while working and opportunity to see famous celebrities occasionally.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hard to move up in one department due to seniority
great job ,but worse company to work for
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  ballys casinoMay 11, 2016
harrahs entertainment is the worst company to work for .that includes ballys.. Casino,employees invest yrs of their life working for this company,only to be treated unjustly ,,fired for anything they can fine ,,looking for part time to take their place ,,the union is just as bad ,,they don't care what happens ,,,,pay your dues get bad medical and that's it ,,,I loved my job as a dealer and and loved my co workers and people ive met over the yrs ,,,,like the rest of the good dealers I also became one of many numbers ,,,,how sad ,,is it they don't care......but I did
Pros
the friends you make
Cons
everything
Who I am at work.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work for me is just coming into work ready to work with a great attitude. I learned nobody and nothing you do is perfect as long as you work hard and keep a positive mindset. My co workers and managers love my work ethic because I like to work very fast and try to keep everything nice and clean. Also I tend to over think the day or situation but as I get through the day, I know I can get through anything as long as I stay patient and keep a positive attitude. I enjoy working because I like to keep myself busy and motivated to achive succes.
The opportunity for learning
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tunica Resorts, MSMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at Harrah's was a lot of fun. The interaction with our guests was the most enjoyable part of the job. Supervisors attended several training classes to expand on our customer service skills.
One of the hardest parts of the job was when our computers weren't working. We then had to keep up with several guest rating cards manually. When there were high rollers in our sections, it was hard to keep up with all of the players, but we did our best to ensure customer satisfaction.
I was given the honor of being named "Verbatim Queen" for having the most positive guest comments in 2013.
Pros
Meeting different people all of the time.
Cons
No overtime pay for salaried employees.
Productive and relaxed work atmosphere
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be alot of paperwork, assignments, projects, inspections and meetings. I have learned to help team members how to overcome hurdles in their everyday work life and how to create a better work environment. My co-works are terrific and always full of ideas and concerns. The hardest part of my job is, of course, the discipline. Not that I do not give it, I try always to be fair and compassionate while doing so while still maintaining accountability. Walking in everyday and knowing that I make a difference.
a day at work
Front Desk Agent /Cashier/Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401February 17, 2016
In a day of work, I come in earlier than my shift to look at my schedule and see what is my location and whom are my co workers for the evening as well as the break shifts. I educate myself in what is going on for the day, clock in and greet all my co workers and managers who are all super nice always, everyone treats everyone like family, ask about what needs to be done for the day and begin tasking. the hardest part of my job sometimes can be getting everything that needs to be done in one day when there is a heavy work load. the most enjoyable part of the day is making people smile, laughing and just having a good time at work with friendly people all while maintaining a good work environment.
No Longer a fun place to play
Player Developement (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 9, 2015
Being monitored during your daily routine of interacting with guest and building relationships. The co-workers were great! We all knew we had jobs to do and we made it happen.

The Casino Ops Manager does not know anything so he creates problems so the General Manager won't focus on the fact that he can't read or speak to important reports.

The General Manager hated the property and since it was a chore for him to come to the property, he was a real butt on the few days he decided to drop by. Management made the job hard! The customers and other hourly employees made it a great place to work. With the exception of some great Managers that has held that place together.
Pros
Cons
too many to name
Lunches are always provided at Harrahs.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2015
The company treated you fair and had an arbitration board for employees to address any complaints and to resolve any issues that may arise in the work place.
Pros
lunches is always free at harrahs, job advancements are great, they offered college and paid for education that pertained to hotel management.
Cons
Job was never a pleasure when we dealt with disgrunteled and intoxicated patrons.
great fun place to work
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 26, 2016
enjoy the work i do, have fun all the employees are nice and easy to get along with. Management does a great job getting what you need to get the job done correctly.