Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work place!
Dealer (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free food, great benefits, great employees, frequent breaks
Cons: Terrible coorporation that focuses on money and not the well-being of the employees.
Everyday involved playing games and having fun with different groups of people. I learned how to manage a positive attitude amongst wide varieties of people and being able to handle angry individuals. I also learned how to handle drunks and get them safely escorted from the premises. The managers I had were always fun and handled situations that arose effectively and quickly.
great place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 17, 2015
love meeting new people and keeping everyone safe. loved working graveyard. security is this best job to have
great benefits with ok pay
Great Experience
High Limits Host / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Noisy and bad air quality from smokers
Cons: Customers and staff
Working at Harrahs Casino introduced me to working with customers face to face to resolve requests and disputes up front in a fast paced environment. The co-workers were all great and management staff. The most challenging time was during the busy holiday, which was packed with customers. and very noisy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our customers directly and building relationships.
Entertaining
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Tunica, MSAugust 10, 2015
Threw out my 17 years of employment with Harrah's I really enjoy working with a lot of people. I learn a lot of games. And the hardest part of being employed with Harrah's is the day we found out we were closing and the day we actually close.
Friendly poker room, pleasant atmosphere, best coworkers.
Poker Dealer (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSAugust 6, 2015
Was a great poker room, had several different managers, last being Steve Reed., Company benefits, insurance, upper management visiting poker room almost daily made us seem an integral part of the casino.
fun and exciting place to work
Retail Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Salaried Employee, Mon-Fri job
Cons: always short of staff, had to relieve staff for breaks alot and stop my work
I really enjoyed my work. I oversaw the inventory for 4 retail property gift stores. Out of 93 properties at the time, I was at the top for best monthly numbers and the least shrinkage. I won the president award. Followed floor plans and did all displays. Enjoyed working with numbers and the challenges
Casino Environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 5, 2015
Good company to work for, but the hours are horrible depending on the job you apply for. The casino is open every day of the year so be prepared to work weekends and holidays.
Very Exciting Place to Work
Casino Dealer/Table Games (Current Employee), New OrleansAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Growth
Cons: Hours
Great place to work with excitement all around each day. Very positive work environment that is conducive to growth and learning.
Customer Service Oriented
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJAugust 4, 2015
Excellent provider of customer service.
Culturally diverse.
Community Participation
Employee cafeteria
Safe work environment
Friendly atmosphere
Newer facility
they always asked how your where doning
lead cook (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: able to learn a lot from everyone there\
Cons: the long hours plus work both night and days
long but fun. there was always something to do. i love working with the guess. i enjoy the way they always said it was such good food here.
The hardest part was the time frame to get thing done you had to be fast on you feet. when it was time to work you work. long hour on your feet
Valet
Valet Driver (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJuly 29, 2015
Greeting the customers as they enter the casino and parking their cars. when they ready to leave the casino I will bring they vehicle back to them.
Good Place to work
Cage Supervisor (Former Employee), Tunica, MSJuly 27, 2015
I enjoyed working at Harrahs. it was a fun place to work. Dealing with the public and just having fun and getting the job done.
Fun job!!
Dealer/Player Tracking Host (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere, fun co workers
Cons: Paying to advance in the company (Dealing classes) with no guarantees
Fun job, met a lot of good people. Not as fun for someone who is older or not in the cliq. Transferred from cashier cage to dealing. Loved the cage, but dealing was another story. Paid over $1000 for dealing classes (paid to the company),offered a position, then was asked to go back to the cage. When I refused (because I just spent over $1000 to learn the games) I was let go for drinking a soda from a self-serve beverage station. All in all it was a fun atmosphere, despite the overall outcome. Job is not for everyone, and you must constantly put on a smile no matter what.
Great company to learn about the Hospitality industry.
Manager Employee/Labor Relations (Current Employee), Elizabeth, INJuly 19, 2015
Pros: great opportunity to expand knowledge of industry.
Cons: Drive from Louisville to Elizabeth, In.
Great ability to learn about the functions of the Hospitality industry and to work as a strategic business partner to managers.
In the tourism business always busy
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Harrahs New Orleans LaJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Always changing and busy
Cons: Straight nights 12 hour shifts
I enjoyed working with the public and being front and center when all emergencies occurred. Involved in all on-going activities on the gaming floor
Great Company
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was so sad that this company decided to close down. Everyone was so kind and I'm going to miss working there.
fun play to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), east chicago indianaJuly 6, 2015
I learned how to balanced a bank of eight thousand dollars, paid guest jackpots for winning, fill up machine with coins, fixed machine if possible, operate 2 way radio used credit card machine, cleaned machine, customer service, interacted with guest. The most enjoyable thing about working there is you get to meet different people and learn to do different things
Poductive work place
Mixologist (Current Employee), Harrahs Atlantic cityJuly 5, 2015
Always busy
I serve mixed drinks
co-workers are team players
Management is fair
Hardest part is standing up all day
I love greeting guests
Willing to Take a Chance
Rooms Controller (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Inexpensive benefits
Cons: weird hours
The one thing that I think Harrah's/Caesar's Entertainment does well is that they don't necessarily look at the traditional things when choosing employees. They didn't care that I had been out of work for eight months after my former place of employment closed. They choose their employees based on whether or not they will fit and I think that's a really good thing.
we had a thing where we would buy eachother cleaning products and had christmas parties and luncheons it was like working with family
GRA (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJune 29, 2015
Pros: They give you feedback on performance and you in turn get to give feedback on your supervisor
Cons: going from twenty rooms a day to possiable thirty depending on call offs
I would come in clock in have a buzz for the day what was coming in and who and what time go up stock carts get are boards of rooms to clean and go in and clean the whole room to get it ready for guest checking in guest that stay over get beds made dusted vacuumed and replace towels if asked clean guest bathroom
management was fair and impartial
like my co-workers got to know them all
was having to work longer hours with more rooms do to call offs
going to work like my job so much like the people I worked with and miss very much so