Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Entertainment at its best
Slot Technical Supervisor /Property Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 17, 2017
Optimising slot play for 1800 slot machines,great management team, safety first, courteous and friendly at all times,absolutely nothing hard about this job, most enjoyable was always beating deadlines..
Pros
meeting people, accomplishments, recognition
Cons
24/7 365 day work schedule
I do not reccomend
Casino Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 12, 2017
I liked my position itself however there is a lot of backstabbing that goes on in a casino setting and you need to have a backbone. If you don't find a different job. Also they are open 24/7/365 so take that into consideration as well everything is by seniority or favoritism.
Pros
the guests
Cons
the clicks
n/a
Customer Service Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 7, 2017
it was an ok place to work i got a chance to meet many people who were not from the city of new orleans, i enjoyed wirking with my team and the management was good
Very laid back environment with nice individual that enter establishment
Barback / server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 7, 2017
A typical day of work would be me starting off cleaning all mini day beds , lounge chairs , etc. Then i check the voice inquires for cabana or daybed rentals. When we open I am food running & when we get busy i fill in as a server. I am pretty independant at work & i am given many job tasks that I have to figure out on my own most of the time. I think this job is a good place to get my foot in the door.
Pros
easy hours, free food, laid back environment
Cons
workers
Does not pay enough
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILApril 5, 2017
Plenty of opportunity for advancement, great benefits. Pay rate is too low for duties of job. Management of this department is not knowledgeable in procedures to perform job functions.
benefits
Cons
too low of wages
We did everything to keep a handle on thing
Dual Rate Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TunciaApril 5, 2017
I came to work every day did my job had fun and enjoy my self. I tried to make the place a better place. Came on time, smile and had super fun with most. Made sure the quest left on a good note. Fed most of the quest even though thing was tight. Make sure they Stay up on what was going. Make sure I get along with the other supervisor and shift manger. Never Bad mouth the Company. Tried to keep everything clean.
Pros
Everyone was on the same page
Cons
They start missing day
Harrahs review
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVMarch 28, 2017
Awesome place to work, management is great, gave me steady hours, pay was enough to live on, I loved it there. The only reason I left was to move to another area.
Cant Complain
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 27, 2017
This job isn't for everyone, its a fast paced, night life environment. The pay was not that good. But upper management was really cool. I didn't care for 2nd shift but its hard to get on a day shift there. I think everyone starts with 2nd or 3rd shift. Great benefits at the time I was there.
Forget family life
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 27, 2017
Management is out of touch. Expectations for positions are beyond what is possible for the amount of employees being supervised. Employees are not treated equally. Favoritism is shown and allowed by management.
Busy yet productive Casino/Hotel
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMarch 26, 2017
I've enjoyed worked here, however it is currently unable to supply me with the means to support my family as I desire, and I am no longer inclined to live in the area nearby, and so it's about time for a change. But would recommend. The departments I have been a part of have been enjoyable and acceptable in most areas.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Free Lunch
Cons
Low Pay, Limited Resources, Low Staffing
Buffet cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 20, 2017
Harrahs is a great place to work, is fun every time when I got there it was like other life to me, I learn a lot from been a cook all the way to assistant chef, The hardest part was management, and the enjoyable part was been a part of a great team on swing.
Pros
one free meal a Day was excellent.
Cons
one hour brake and good insurance.
Great Place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant / Surveillance (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 17, 2017
One of the best jobs I ever had. There is room for advancement, the benefits are great. This company truly cares about their employees. I enjoyed working for Harrah's Entertainment. I would still be employed there if I had not been displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
Pros
Benefits, Atmosphere
Cons
I have none.
Productive and high volume of people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
Harrahs was a good casino to work for, it just wasn't as busy as i would have liked it to be in my line of work. My coworkers were great and the management team was good for the most part.
great place to learn and work, variety of tasks and jobs
EVS House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 16, 2017
Enjoyed the job overall, the work environment and the people I interacted with. Enjoyed the variety of tasks that were given. I was responsible for cleaning the supplies and tools that we used. Responsible for cleaning the areas of use in the building.
Pros
enjoyed the entertainment that would come through the agency
Cons
accusations from staff
The casino was rapidly declining.
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMarch 14, 2017
We used beverage carts that contained liquor, beer, and serving supplies. Terribly ineffective. The management consisted of people demoted from the Horseshoe. Nobody seemed to care about the guests needs. The compensation could be substantial some nights. Others, not so much. I learned that there are people who complain about free drinks. Made for an overall hostile work environment.
Pros
A few wonderful supervisors, compensation was great, excellent benefits.
Cons
No unity among employees. Poor management
Fun Live place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 10, 2017
Stand at a table meeting all types of people begin able to enter act with people that wouldn't talk to me if I was walking down the street I have met the sweetest people and I have met the meanest
i like it
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 7, 2017
I like work there meet anyone new and talk to anyone. I love to work anyone is open mind like me I like to learn new thing in my life. What I really like to do is be a cook I like cooking it fun to me
hotel and casino
Host-cashier customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 28, 2017
host, cashier. i learned how to take care of people. the hardest part of the job is to handle every kind of people.the most enjoyable was to learn how to give a good customer service. the management was good.
Great place to work for the season of life I was in!
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSFebruary 26, 2017
Working for Harrah's in the casino industry was a blast! I got to meet a ton of great people along the way and never hated going into work. Every day was different and this job was a great fit for the season of life that I was in at the time.
Very fun & upbeat
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 24, 2017
I love working here. Management down to hourly workers are amazing and great when it comes to customer service. Every guest that walks through the doors are greeted by Harrahs employees and I feel that that says a lot about the company. When I am actually clocked in and working my co workers and management are really great with answering questions and are patient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.