Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

I Enjoy working at Harrahs
Casino Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 17, 2018
I wish to be promoted to the next level of management at Harrah's, I have all Table games and 38 years of gaming experience. I have Good common sense and can Relate to Players Very Easy. I have a Great Relationship with my co-workers, and they feel very Comfortable working with me. On the Casino Floor, Players Want to be Treated Fairly and with Respect, and Have Fun, I Treat People the Way that I would like to be Treated.
Pros
parking
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, high energy place to work
Steward (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSFebruary 12, 2018
I had to make sure that the buffet was always stocked with food and to make sure that the buffet was neat after the patrons obtained their food. I assisted in cleaning the utensils.

During the holidays and when special events took place, there was a lot of overtime offered.

The benefits were excellent.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of overtime
Cons
Was far from home.
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVFebruary 11, 2018
Exciting place to work and great people to work with. You are expected to be on your toes your entire shift, from customer service to providing medical assistance.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Pay
fast paced,fun environment,enterainment.
Casino Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAFebruary 11, 2018
Harrahs is a fast paced customer service driven casino.Working in the casino industry since 2005 i have personally seen the ups and downs of the market,a typical day is fast driven,meet and greet hundreds of people.a typical day in my role is to run daily reports that show the productivity of the employees we oversee and the whole company as a whole.i have learned many managerial traits,how to multi task,and take roles and jobs head on,i have learned to train and provide top notch customer service,telemarketing skills and person to person communication.the hardest part of the job is learning and being able to coach and guide over 70 employees.I have been very lucky to of had amazing management in the past but with the change in company mindset and managerial strategy i have found it more difficult to be successful and continue to grow in the industry
Pros
free lunch, entertainment, healthcare, classes provided to grow and learn
Cons
change in managerial mindset, loyalty to good employees
The Best
Stocker/Lead Receiver/Executive Steward (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MS 38664February 6, 2018
Harrah's is an exciting and vibrant place to work. Harrah's was more than just a job it was home away from home for me. Our team was a family. Not only were we family but we had one common goal and that was to be the best in the business.
Pros
The team members and our guests.
Cons
Sold property
fun nightlife environment with great music, food, and people.
TABLE GAMES CASINO FLOOR OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day in the casino consist of fast pace tables games, sounds of the hundreds slot machines ringing at the same time and the dice game players screaming on the top of their lungs because of a good roll. As of me I made sure every time I went into work I did my job to my best of my abilities I made sure I greeted everyone from the minute I stepped into the building and up until I get to the table.Win or lose I made sure that the players walked away from my table with a smile on their face .
Pros
able to make good money while having a good time.
Cons
had to work holidays and weekends
Good Experience
Line Cook @ Steak house (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 5, 2018
This was one of my first jobs outside school in my chosen education field. Though compensation still left me sub 20k/yr it was a good experience with knowledgable leadership to get some experience
Cage Cashier
Cage Cashier- Finances (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSJanuary 31, 2018
I cash in coins and chips. I redeem coupons for cash. I give out changes and I work in the main bank and at the window. I make sure the my drawer is balance before end of the shift.
Unsupportive work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Management is unsupportive. The pay is low compared to other casinos serving positions. Although the job is easy and the other employees are friendly.
The best place to work if you like having fun.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tunica, MSJanuary 24, 2018
great place to work lots of guest daily ,management is very understanding and work with staff to make every day a good day.Lunch is free,breaks are one hour.
ok
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2018
ok company to work...St Louis casino was sold years ago but I Still have to give this my opinion about the company. I learned a lot they cared about their employees
great place to work
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, IndianaJanuary 22, 2018
I was in my 20's and having a good time working at a casino. Made lots of friends with co workers and customers. Loved my job it was truely a great place to work.
Amazing company to work for!
GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2018
Everyday was different, some days were slow paced other days were fast paced. There's always something going on here. They love their employees and they do so many things to show it!
Great place to get tons of experience
Database Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2018
Harrah's is a fast paced environment and for that reason you have the opportunity to learn a lot if you are open to doing more than your job. If the pay is great will depend on what you do, what you expect, who you know.
Pros
You can learn alot, meet new people
Cons
Pay not enough
VALET (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Wonderful environment with great benefits and friendly coworkers. I enjoyed every minute of it. Decent pay and time off. Health insurance was superb.
Certain Departments are GREAT to work for!
National Casino Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2018
I had more than one position during my time at Harrahs. I started off as a temporary employee in the Recruiting office. It was absolutely AMAZING. I loved my manager and my coworkers and loved my duties and the opportunities I had to advance within the Human Resources Department. When my temp time was up, I went to the Casino Marketing Department. I loved my employees and actually loved my job, but felt that my manager had "favorites" and there was a definite difference in the way she treated some employees. Additionally, she was a bit catty and allowed her personal life to interfere with her attitude. She is no longer with the company. At the end of the day, I loved the company and would love an opportunity to go back!
Pros
discounts at Starbucks, Fuddruckers and McCalisters, full cafe for employees, room for opportuniy
Cons
Unusual days and hours, extensive interview process
going through a lot of changes
Table Games Dealer/ dual rate supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2018
They went through some rough times due to managerial changes, but seem to have things on the right track. Solid team work atmosphere and friendly coworkers.
It was really fun there.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Everyone in the housekeeping department was fantastic. It was a work together mentality, come together and get everything done. If you needed help, there was always someone to help. Especially on a busy day, one manager in particular was always up there to help, making beds, or making sure the floors were stocked.
One of the to casinos in Atlantic City
Barporter (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 12, 2018
Has it’s up and downs. Some days were good and others were bad all depends on what was happening in the city. There were times where the floor would be dead and others were you are unable to walk on the floor. People who work here are all good people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Executive Host
VIP executive Host (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2018
• Builds loyalty among customers by developing relationships effectively utilizing marketing and upscale sales techniques
• Gives consistent, polite, timely, and accurate information and service to all guests
• Uses sound judgment and makes decisions in accordance with established comp and expense guidelines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.