Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work if you are a supervisor
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJanuary 9, 2017
working for Harrah's is noting like they say they are. They don't care about the employee. The laughlin property is out of date and the management team they have in place there is running it into the ground, it gets worse everyday.
Enjoyable, disciplined, and comfortable place to work.
EVS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39530January 8, 2017
My job was very satisfying every day, my coworkers liked to work as a team, helping each other, and my manager was always respectful and was a good listener of every employee's questions or concerns.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that the company trusts the employee and his or her capabilities, so it fosters freedom when working. It also motivates the employee to do an excellent job.
There was nothing difficult in my experience working here. I learned a lot about discipline, punctuality, and how to enjoy working in a friendly manner as well as training my social skills with customers and guests.
Rewarding, quick paced environment.
STARBUCKS BARISTA (Current Employee) –  151 N. Joliet St, Joliet IL 60435January 7, 2017
Typically during the week it is rather slow in the Starbucks. On the weekends it pick up. WE have several responsibilities for the upkeep of the outlet such as, changing sanitation water and rags, refreshing retail items as well as ready to eat items, maintaining cleanliness of guest areas, refreshing ingredients as they deplete, stocking back of house items, etc. I learned a great amount of time management skills as I often had to close the outlet which must be done in a timely manner. Management changed greatly while I was there. Our original manager was hardly attentive enough. We were severely understaffed in the beginning and are now overstaffed. Despite the promise of a regular schedule I have received several different shifts and a constantly changing daily schedule. The most difficult part of the job is managing the vast amount of tasks expected to be done busy or not. The best part though, is when a guest becomes a regular because you have made their day a little better in the simplest way.
Pros
We are usually tipped well and the customers are fairly regular which means not much is unexpected.
Cons
There is no paid holiday and no shortened hours on holidays.
Fun and busy
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2017
Great customer service, mamnagement was excellent ,very friendly and helpful co-workers and the hardest part about the job is seeing a unhappy customer and the enjoyable part was meeting so many people from different states.
Pros
GREAT PAY
Cons
SPLIT TIPS
Valet Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 5, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly environment. Good Hours. Get paid every week. You get a lot of hours. It's always busy. Decent food. You get a free lunch.
Fun place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work involves issuing radios to gaming hosts and beverage servers. Updating edits for early outs to keep payroll maintained. Tracking inventory, issuing ear pieces. This also involves answering phone notifying supervisors of any problems. I work in the main department of the Casino that maintains the workers time.
Benefits
Cons
Harrah's was a fun becouse it was the opening
Executive Sous/Buffet Chef (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130January 2, 2017
Harrah's was quit challenging because it was the grand opening and there was no stability. We went through 3 managers in six months while trying to develop a concept. What I did learn from Harrah's was how to manage a crew of 20 or more of women and men.
Very good work place to work
Hotel runner (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSDecember 28, 2016
Its a good workplace to work at because u meet so many people because i worked n the hotel@ they loved their employees because when they had car shows they let us work extra hrs buy the fun park for the employees they jst was good at rewarding their workers an was not pleased to hear we were closing but i loved everything about them
lost of experience gained
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2016
In my few years with Harrahs I learned the many aspects of customer service, reservations, training, quality control, human resources, and operations.
Harrah's Entertainment is a solid company.
VIP Bartender (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSDecember 14, 2016
The company was an amazing corporation to work for. The hardest part of the job is travel if you work in the surrounding areas. I enjoyed being a team member with the company. The ability to work and travel was amazing as well.
hard work
Guest room Attendent (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 6, 2016
employees were nice, the work was hard had to clean alot of rooms, on a time schedule.hours were giood pay was ok,they feed us for luch ,breaks were good ,friendly people.
Pros
free luch
Cons
staff
Fun place to work
Security Officer/ Crowd Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 6, 2016
Harrahs is a great place to work. The company looks to include its employees in every aspect of the operations of the resort. Co- workers are a blast to work with and everyone greets everyone
Pros
Great co- workers
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 6, 2016
One of the best companies I've worked for. They are great at moving you up if they see potential for you to exceed in a higher position. If you want to move up in a company start here!
Pros
Paid breaks, awesome cafateria
fun Place to work
Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZDecember 5, 2016
Love working here a really great place to work. Co-workers are really easy to get along great team players. the hardest part of the job would have to be Friday and Saturdays our most busy days of the week at least more than 500 people. What I really enjoy about working there is getting to know our recent guest we get to learn their names and build a relationship with them.
Pros
Dicount lunches for employee
Cons
hours
Excellent company to work for!!!
VIP Front Desk/Front Desk/Cage Cashier/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVNovember 29, 2016
I can only say that working for Harrahs has been the best experience of my life. I totally identify myself with its culture, and the learning experience and friendly environment was always amazing.
Pros
Excellent envirment, benefits and leraning experience. Opportunity to grow within the company.
fun place to work
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  CAGENovember 18, 2016
Harrahs a great place to work with many opportunies most friendly employees. great EDR most enjoyable part of job being able to intteract with guest
Pros
Insurance
Cons
strict Rules
A great place to work, with diverse atmosphere and fun
Status Board clerk I provide Guests in the resort (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CANovember 18, 2016
most of my day was spent on the phone with guests. I was a dispatcher and also managed the day to day (daily schedules, and weekly schedules) operations for all of the housekeepers on property. Management was good and my coworkers were all great, and I had a great time getting to know all of them. What I learned and was also one of the hardest parts of my job was, multitasking. Although it was hard to multitask it was also fun, there was always something to do.
Pros
discounted lunches, private chefs, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
not much room to move up.
produtive job with nices tips
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401November 14, 2016
a typical day was stressful! as an employee your constantly being watched and Criticized. I have learned that its really important to have a college degree that why i started school this year. management was a bit unorganized. the hardest part was when it goy really busy and we were short staff. the most enjoyable part was getting paid every week.
I liked my job.
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2016
Liked working with the employees. The supervisors are very unfair
AND the management is like a joke.we always had a new supervisor
or a manager. The Job got to be very hard to do.
Harrahs
Caesars Entertainment Internship (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 13, 2016
This was an amazing company to work for. They take pride in their work. The company has plenty of room for advancement. Located in Atlantic City with great food and nightlife.
Pros
Great employees, great food
Cons
ACs poor economy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.