Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

It started out as a fun place to work but micromanagement took the fun out of the job
EMT/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJune 23, 2017
When I started, it was fun and exciting. I met a lot of fun people and everyone had a good time but when the economy tanked, management started taking all the benefits away. Then they started micromanaging the place. They started adding ridiculous rules and made if very difficult to build relationships and have fun with the customers which was encouraged when I started. They took all the fun out of the job.
not good at all
Bar porter/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2017
it was good in the beginning and everything changed and went down the hill. not much to say about this job. it was ok. there was nice cultural people to work with.
Cons
Overall quite a good place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 18, 2017
I spent several years there. It was a close nit group of employees, benefits are good, both Medical as well as 401-k. It was a great place to work. That said, being a Casino it had one heck of a grapevine.
a day at work
Cashier/Pit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJune 14, 2017
A very exciting place to work lots of lights, noise, very high energy.
All of working at Harrahs' was pretty fun, the only very bad draw back is the smoke. It definitely takes on your a toll on your body.
great company
HRIS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJune 12, 2017
this has been my favorite job i learned a lot from here and i loved my job...sadly they let me go and for this i kind of hate them and which to too them go down.
benefits
Cons
Very busy gaming company with many locations
Executive Secretary - Office of the President (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2017
Harrah's was a very large exciting, busy company to work for. Always something new and different. Training of new staff was high on the priority list.
Pros
Great team
Strange place to work
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2017
Some of the managers were great but 50% of them were not inspiring and clearly looked down on the girls in our dept. The money was decent most of the time.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Disorganized
Slowed down tremendously.
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
Lost benefits had to purchase out of my own pocket. Hours cut down. Expensive menu prices pushing customers away. Over staffed at times excessive training.
Pros
Decent customers
Cons
No benefits hours cut and less customers.
Fun work place that keeps you on your toes.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 6, 2017
A typical day as a Security Specialist at Harrah's Atlantic City is anything but typical. Some days are extremely busy, some not so much. Working here tests your people skills on a daily basis.
Yassssss!
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 5, 2017
I loved every part of this job. The managers were amazing. The supervisors actually taught and helped you better understand the way things were run. The over all crew was more of a family then a work.
Not a very good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 2, 2017
Over all the working environment can be stressful but however if you like the customer interaction then this is a good place to work. Be mind full though this company can be very strict.
Poker room was dismal
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 2, 2017
The poker room not being around anymore shows how poor it was run. They put the spa manager in charge of the poker room after firing an actual poker manager and it was downhill from there.
Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJune 1, 2017
Lots of opportunity for advancement at this casino. I have been promoted 3 times in less than 5 years. The casino lifestyle is not for everyone, but Harrah's Cherokee does their best to minimize the casino impact on your life.
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2017
Was a great plave to work thank you it was very great
Thank you to all that i worked with every one was helpful and eazy to work with and very helpful
Pros
Free food
Cons
Big work load
makes it where you know your job
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130May 30, 2017
i was well trained for my job and was provided with help when needed, they worked with me when i needed off for appointments or emergencies.Most everyone was friendly.
Pros
free downtown parking
Cons
walking from several blocks out at night on weekends
Keep Looking
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2017
Harrah's has some wonderful people working for them. Unfortunately, the culture is to work you to death. The senior leadership is very poor. However, with any job there are lessons to learn; mine is to find something that is more understanding of the work/life balance. Harrah's offers none of that. A typical day is minimum of 10-12 hours...not uncommon to work 7-10 days in a row or more.
looking for fun at work???
int chef (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 23, 2017
this is the funniest job I have ever had.. you get to meet all types of ppl learn what they like and prepare those foods for them while they are staying at resort...
Creative Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 22, 2017
I was hired on as a supervisor. I and the other new supervisors were trained in various functions of the job. we were taught of customer service as well as.
Pros
creative enviornment
Cons
Was downsized without warning
Family!!!
Asst. Restaurant Chef/ Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 22, 2017
Good place to work. Would still be there if it wasn't for a broken foot from snowboarding. Very close staff in kitchen. Most employees are long term employees who are will for change. My still of management is positive energy and corrective critique. Always make the people around you better without them even noticing. I love what I do so this is easy!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Employees, Boss, Creativity, Happieness
Cons
Didn't get my job back for broken foot
family oriented
Hospitality Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 19, 2017
fun place to work, friendly environment. i met a lot of fun and friendly people at Harrahs. i do miss my customers and my co workers. the only reason i lost my job was a misunderstanding on the point system for call ins.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
point system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval