Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Workday Review at Harrah's Cherokee
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMay 18, 2016
My workday was never dull or boring. If you like fast paced and meeting different people of all types of cultures , then you would enjoy working for Harrah's. I learned a lot from my coworkers every day as well as trained new employees in our area that came in. I also worked all 3 shifts to make sure we had enough people to cover due to being short handed. I did love all the different tasks. From time edits to inventory to confidential processing of employee paperwork. We were always busy. The time went by fast. If my husband,s job had not relocated him, I would still be there. Lots of chances for advancement.
Pros
Areas for advancement
Cons
Hard on people with small children.
Interesting place to work.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 17, 2016
I worked in the casino business for 10 years, and learned great communication skill, and exceptional customer service.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Difficult hours to work
Great place to work and excellent teamwork
Slot Technician II (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 17, 2016
Great place to work that will help work around one's needs. They teach skills that can transfer to many other careers. Completing large projects is one of this company's specialties.
Great Place
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 17, 2016
Harrahs is a wonderful place to work. I've learned a lot and have been treated fairly. I'd recommend it to everyone. Everyone should stop by and check it out.
Okay Company
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 14, 2016
They are known to hire too many for a position. After a few months or so, they layoff.
Many nice coworkers and customers.
Must be willing to work any shift.
Pros
Nice coworkers and customers
Cons
Hire too many for one position.
N/a
Table games Pit Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 13, 2016
Great company culture with opportunities for advancement and great benefits. Management staff worked hard to develop the talents of subordinates.
great job ,but worse company to work for
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  ballys casinoMay 11, 2016
harrahs entertainment is the worst company to work for .that includes ballys.. Casino,employees invest yrs of their life working for this company,only to be treated unjustly ,,fired for anything they can fine ,,looking for part time to take their place ,,the union is just as bad ,,they don't care what happens ,,,,pay your dues get bad medical and that's it ,,,I loved my job as a dealer and and loved my co workers and people ive met over the yrs ,,,,like the rest of the good dealers I also became one of many numbers ,,,,how sad ,,is it they don't care......but I did
Pros
the friends you make
Cons
everything
loved this job
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 11, 2016
only reasons i left was because i got what i thought would be a better opportunity with the Orleans Parish Sheriffs Office
Productive and relaxed work atmosphere
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be alot of paperwork, assignments, projects, inspections and meetings. I have learned to help team members how to overcome hurdles in their everyday work life and how to create a better work environment. My co-works are terrific and always full of ideas and concerns. The hardest part of my job is, of course, the discipline. Not that I do not give it, I try always to be fair and compassionate while doing so while still maintaining accountability. Walking in everyday and knowing that I make a difference.
Fast paced and fun dining for a Casino
Chef (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 5, 2016
My day consisted of prepping, sauteing, and preparation of large mass quantities of food for various outlets. I really enjoyed the satisfaction of guests who complimented me on a job well done.
Pros
Fast paced environment for guest satisfaction
Cons
Working all Weekends and Hoildays
its a good job to grow with in the company
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 4, 2016
its a good job where you meet different people from around the world. your able to build relationship with your customers. so that they would feel comfortable enough with to you and would love to comeback and visit you as much as they can. management Is different no one care about they employers option and was awful with commutating with the staff but overall it was a good experience's
Pros
you are able to move up with the company
Cons
you never have a set schedule
Do not work Front desk
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 1, 2016
Do not work Front desk! You'll have not life.
Pay is good but you will always get yelled at by guest.
Management could be better,
Overall nice casino
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INApril 20, 2016
Very nice casino in northwest indiana. The hotel and food outlets are amazing. The casino itself needs to be updated decoratively
Nice company
None (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 19, 2016
An awesome company to work for
Nice people
Manager is always there to help out
No long hours
A family owned and operated business
Not what it used to be
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVApril 15, 2016
Sold the company to private investors and took away employee stock options then the stock split. Customer service began to suffer. My boss was one of my favorite bosses of all time!!! Former employees still keep in touch with current employees. You become close with your co workers. Things began to look up when Caesar's took over ownership.
MAITRE'D (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSApril 15, 2016
This place was very stressful for me. The management team had a very high turnover rate. I did enjoy my staff here. The paula deen buffet and gift shop were very nice though.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Harrahs
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 14, 2016
I would come in and get the hostess stand ready for the buffet to open up. i.e make sure there were silverware and my seating chart
Pros
days shift and the guests were fun
Cons
not enough hours
nice location
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 13, 2016
Nice getting to know all the patrons and staff. We had some regulars that we looked for who graced us with their presence everyday. worked as a team to get things done.
Pros
lunch was cheap
Exciting place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 28, 2016
When I first started out, Harvey's was "The Fun Starts Here" atmosphere. Harrah's purchased Harvey's and was a bit different. I did enjoy my co-workers. I mainly helped the "Diamond" and "Seven Star" players as a cage cashier. I would don on my "beads" and different "pins" that different customers gave me.
great fun place to work
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZMarch 26, 2016
enjoy the work i do, have fun all the employees are nice and easy to get along with. Management does a great job getting what you need to get the job done correctly.