Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Helpful Staff and CoWorkers/ Poor Management Team
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work depends on where you are scheduled
The Service Wells is away from customers and you deal with only cocktail waitress who were very easy to get along with and helpful.
The CoWorkers here for the most part got along very well with eachother and were a mature group of people.
The down side is the management was very poor, lacked leadership and communication which could make work sometimes unpleasant but with the other workers there we managed to work together and figure things out unless management was really needed. A pretty good experience and helped build team work skills.
Workday Review at Harrah's Cherokee
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMay 18, 2016
My workday was never dull or boring. If you like fast paced and meeting different people of all types of cultures , then you would enjoy working for Harrah's. I learned a lot from my coworkers every day as well as trained new employees in our area that came in. I also worked all 3 shifts to make sure we had enough people to cover due to being short handed. I did love all the different tasks. From time edits to inventory to confidential processing of employee paperwork. We were always busy. The time went by fast. If my husband,s job had not relocated him, I would still be there. Lots of chances for advancement.
Pros
Areas for advancement
Cons
Hard on people with small children.
great job ,but worse company to work for
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  ballys casinoMay 11, 2016
harrahs entertainment is the worst company to work for .that includes ballys.. Casino,employees invest yrs of their life working for this company,only to be treated unjustly ,,fired for anything they can fine ,,looking for part time to take their place ,,the union is just as bad ,,they don't care what happens ,,,,pay your dues get bad medical and that's it ,,,I loved my job as a dealer and and loved my co workers and people ive met over the yrs ,,,,like the rest of the good dealers I also became one of many numbers ,,,,how sad ,,is it they don't care......but I did
Pros
the friends you make
Cons
everything
Productive and relaxed work atmosphere
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be alot of paperwork, assignments, projects, inspections and meetings. I have learned to help team members how to overcome hurdles in their everyday work life and how to create a better work environment. My co-works are terrific and always full of ideas and concerns. The hardest part of my job is, of course, the discipline. Not that I do not give it, I try always to be fair and compassionate while doing so while still maintaining accountability. Walking in everyday and knowing that I make a difference.
its a good job to grow with in the company
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 4, 2016
its a good job where you meet different people from around the world. your able to build relationship with your customers. so that they would feel comfortable enough with to you and would love to comeback and visit you as much as they can. management Is different no one care about they employers option and was awful with commutating with the staff but overall it was a good experience's
Pros
you are able to move up with the company
Cons
you never have a set schedule
Horrible Management
Spa (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2016
Management is horrible...your not treated with respect, your talked down to, and nothing is confidential between managers. Spa manager is the worst about letting employee's personal issues, the next days gossip amongst other employees. She can't be trusted and somehow remains in management. Spa supervisor lied on her application and doesn't even have a high school diploma or GED, But yet she was promoted to a supervisor position, because of lack of applicants, merely by the manager so she herself does not have any extra work. Horrible pay for amount of hours required to work. Company and management allow guests to get in employees faces and yell at them and just pretend they don't see. Manager allows employees to come in high on marajuana and no drug tests are enforced.
Benefits
The opportunity for learning
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tunica Resorts, MSMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at Harrah's was a lot of fun. The interaction with our guests was the most enjoyable part of the job. Supervisors attended several training classes to expand on our customer service skills.
One of the hardest parts of the job was when our computers weren't working. We then had to keep up with several guest rating cards manually. When there were high rollers in our sections, it was hard to keep up with all of the players, but we did our best to ensure customer satisfaction.
I was given the honor of being named "Verbatim Queen" for having the most positive guest comments in 2013.
Pros
Meeting different people all of the time.
Cons
No overtime pay for salaried employees.
Ok place to work if your not looking for to much money or advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2016
Get as much training as you can then move to another casino or job they have excellent training but very poor compensation. Co workers are nice people and over worked for what there paid. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the middle management very under educated and born micro managers also company policies are vague and applied selectively. The coworkers were enjoyable good people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very bad manegement depending on a persons department
Good management and support staff
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 18, 2016
Prepare orders for customers, prep foods for use on the line, assist other cooks as needed when busy.
Learned team work.
Management was good and supportive.
Coworkers were excellent to work with.
Hardest part of job was the learning of the system when first hired.
Most enjoyable part of job was my coworkers and the teamwork we had as a crew.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
I loved working with my co-wokers and the guest
Cocktails (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMarch 4, 2016
most days were fun I went to work and did my job.
was that it does not do any good to fallow the chain of comand when there is a problem it just makes you a target.
Not all people know what they are doing when they get a upper management job.
I loved my co-workers I worked with them for almost 20 years we were like family.
Was the upper Managment
I enjoyed the eople that I worked with and the players and I do miss them.
Pros
Most of the people, Ins, pay
Cons
not being able to get help when there was a problem
Not what it used to be
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVApril 15, 2016
Sold the company to private investors and took away employee stock options then the stock split. Customer service began to suffer. My boss was one of my favorite bosses of all time!!! Former employees still keep in touch with current employees. You become close with your co workers. Things began to look up when Caesar's took over ownership.
a day at work
Front Desk Agent /Cashier/Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401February 17, 2016
In a day of work, I come in earlier than my shift to look at my schedule and see what is my location and whom are my co workers for the evening as well as the break shifts. I educate myself in what is going on for the day, clock in and greet all my co workers and managers who are all super nice always, everyone treats everyone like family, ask about what needs to be done for the day and begin tasking. the hardest part of my job sometimes can be getting everything that needs to be done in one day when there is a heavy work load. the most enjoyable part of the day is making people smile, laughing and just having a good time at work with friendly people all while maintaining a good work environment.
employees friendy and helpful
Wardrobe Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMay 26, 2016
people I worked with were very friendly. My immediate supervisor and his supervisor were great but upper management was to slow to address problems or acknowledge any improvement suggestions.
It was a good job.
Pros
people very friendly
Cons
upper management to slow to address problems
Loved it here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2016
Great training program when I was first hired, enjoyed the different venues to work in, co-workers, for the most part, were fun and enjoyable. Management was willing to work with you regarding the scheduling.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, treated employees well.
Cons
Never was able to get a full time shift due to people with higher seniority.
Fast paced and fun dining for a Casino
Chef (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 5, 2016
My day consisted of prepping, sauteing, and preparation of large mass quantities of food for various outlets. I really enjoyed the satisfaction of guests who complimented me on a job well done.
Pros
Fast paced environment for guest satisfaction
Cons
Working all Weekends and Hoildays
Exciting place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 28, 2016
When I first started out, Harvey's was "The Fun Starts Here" atmosphere. Harrah's purchased Harvey's and was a bit different. I did enjoy my co-workers. I mainly helped the "Diamond" and "Seven Star" players as a cage cashier. I would don on my "beads" and different "pins" that different customers gave me.
stable job
Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
learn how to deal with difficult people not only difficult guest but incredible difficult supervisors, most of my fun time was wen I was delivering items to guest made conversations with them listen to the opinion they had on the city, etc......
Pros
exisirsie wile delivering
Cons
food is not that good
Diverse and fun workplace
Baker I (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Stateline, NVMay 24, 2016
Harrah's Hotel and Casino has a very diverse team and is always seeking to improve the workplace to please its employees. A typical day at work starts at 6am for me. I prep and provide exquisite desserts for all fine dinning restaurants. In this job I have learned a lot of baking and decorating skills. Although my current position is not of a lead or higher, I sometimes perform leadership duties. Management in the Bakery Department has had its ups and down. This department is under new supervision and it seem to all be running better. I think the hardest part of my job is that of having to work long extra hours on holidays and not being able to take time off during holidays. The most enjoyable part of my job is my break. It is a paid break with a lunch included. The company provides its employees with a dinning room, plus a paid break.
Pros
Free Lunches and Paid Breaks. Health benefits are pretty decent
Cons
Calling in sick gets you points and when you accumulate 10 points you get terminated.
Great money but long hours. Life consumer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCMay 27, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job, besides the pay, was my co-workers. I developed long lasting friendships with them and continue to talk to them today. Management was reasonable but the scheduling was dreadful.
Okay Company
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMay 14, 2016
They are known to hire too many for a position. After a few months or so, they layoff.
Many nice coworkers and customers.
Must be willing to work any shift.
Pros
Nice coworkers and customers
Cons
Hire too many for one position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.