Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

meet all tasks for the work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 20, 2017
The casino was a great work place because you learn new things in the casino. I advance to difference positions in the casino.
Casino
Casino Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2017
Its casino life, smokey but full of entertainment. The management is good they are supportive. Good insurance, cafe food is cheap and decent..............
Pros
cafe, entertainment
Cons
smokey
Harrah's New Orleans
Casino Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 15, 2017
Harrah's New Orleans is a fun place to work. It's a place where adults get to play all day! A typical day includes listening to music, enjoying and entertaining the guests and just having fun!
Fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZFebruary 13, 2017
Fast and fun place to work at everyday. Always expect something different but in a good way. You will meet people from all over and the surrounding is great.
Overall Harrah's was a great place of employment. My preference is law enforcement.
Customer Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed going to work because of the eight hour shift. Uniforms were a part of the hiring process, moral was high, room for advancement. I learned to interact with the public. Management knowledgeable and aware of employees needs. There were many many cultures that came into the establishment. There was nothing hard about the job. My most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to work for Harrah's Casino.
its ok
Cage Lead (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAFebruary 8, 2017
i love my current co-workers. the environment is fun and friendly. you get to build great relationships with the guest and others. also you have many learning opportunities.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2017
great environment to work in. the management team is wonderful and very helpful. company benefits are amazing with a free gym membership and discounts throughout the city.
Job
Security Supervisor / Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 2, 2017
Work was fun and joy able place to be. Managements worked side by side with the employees. Learning was a day by day process.
Pros
Positive enjoyable enviornment
Cons
Dealing with drunks
nights
cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 2, 2017
I always worked nights but it was great. you meet amazing people. make good tips. get really close with the people your working with which is always awesome.
Terrible
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 31, 2017
Awful place to work for. Management was changed over 8 different times all telling me what an over pour was. Then i was let go for overpouring when i measured out exactly what the manager had said to give.

Want to know more about Harrah's Entertainment Inc.?

Ask a question
surrounded by great people and opportunities
gra/heavy duty/laundry truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSJanuary 26, 2017
at harrah a typical daily based work day consisted of basically keeping the hotel maintained and cleaned through out the day.management was ok for the most part somethings could have been better but thats with any job.hardest part of the jobs was when we needed linen to turn over our rooms and there were none due to laundry issues,break downs and shortage of workers.like any other job most enjoyable part was going on lunch break with friends and completing that days work heading home..i learned that team work only really matters when you have a strong team of workers thats willing to put in the same work effort as you..all in all it was a good ride..
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2017
good vibes great people a lot of fun going on all the time nice people to talk great energy a lot of helpful staff wanting you to be successful in everything that you do
Fun Work atmosphere
Retail Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I was let go due to pregnancy in late 2015.
I believe there was favoritism in the work place but it was an overall learning experience
Fun work place
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJanuary 25, 2017
Best experience of my life. If it wouldn't have been for my family being so far away I would have stayed with them. Hardest part of the job is working holidays or not getting the time off for special occasions.
Professional
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2017
This was a quite job. We were monitoring employees exchanging full money cans to empty ones. This is done in the very early morning hours.

This is a fine job. There is a lot of walking to and from the job and once you are at work. It requires a lot of standing.

Overall, it was ok.
Pros
Profession enviornment
Cons
not enough hours
no life
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 21, 2017
If you want to be married to your job, this is the place for you! No holidays or weekends, changing shifts whether you agree or not, and a lot of turnover in management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing co-workers.
Pros
pays well
Cons
shift work, management
Was not here long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 19, 2017
I was not here at this job long, but it was a nice place to work. You get to interact with people all around and I was able to make tips once i moved to the main floor. Unfortunately i got fired because I was "stealing time" by just sitting on the clock once I finished all of my duties. I wish I was able to stay here, but it was a lesson learned.
Harrahs laughlin is an exciting and fun place to work
Total Rewards Representative (Former Employee) –  laughlin, NvJanuary 16, 2017
I recommend Caesars entertainment, all workers in every department are friendly and helpful, if you like excitement it is a great place to work and grow
Pros
good benefits, have employee buffet in edr, wonderful group of people
Cons
nothing negative
Harrah's Entertainment
Executive Host (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Great Job to Have If you like people and making them happy if you have the gift of gap,, this job is for you, family like atmosphere from customers and employees, loved every minute of this job.
Pros
Great People to be around
Cons
It takes you away from your family at the important times.
Not a great place to work if you are a supervisor
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJanuary 9, 2017
working for Harrah's is noting like they say they are. They don't care about the employee. The laughlin property is out of date and the management team they have in place there is running it into the ground, it gets worse everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.