Harrah's Entertainment Inc.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

we had a thing where we would buy eachother cleaning products and had christmas parties and luncheons it was like working with family
GRA (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJune 29, 2015
Pros: They give you feedback on performance and you in turn get to give feedback on your supervisor
Cons: going from twenty rooms a day to possiable thirty depending on call offs
I would come in clock in have a buzz for the day what was coming in and who and what time go up stock carts get are boards of rooms to clean and go in and clean the whole room to get it ready for guest checking in guest that stay over get beds made dusted vacuumed and replace towels if asked clean guest bathroom
management was fair and impartial
like my co-workers got to know them all
was having to work longer hours with more rooms do to call offs
going to work like my job so much like the people I worked with and miss very much so
fun and happy place to work
cocktail server (Former Employee), harrahs atlantic cityJune 29, 2015
Pros: free meals flexible work schedules and helpful management team
Cons: mandatory overtime
great place to work with flexible schedules and management team they made us feel as though we were one big family. i was made to feel that our accomplishments mattered, and in return would make me want to do the best at my job that i could.
fun workplace (depending on the department)
HOST (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, pay
Cons: management
Initially when I started at Harrah's Casino it was fun and exciting. It seemed like a great place to work with the promise of career advancement. Towards the end of my time there I realized the management and HR department is what makes it a horrible work environment. The co-workers are great and they really do become family. The managers, however, do not care about their employees. There is a union and they are helpful, but they only give the bare minimal.
Fun Atmosphere
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), KSJune 24, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Not much upward mobility
Usually easy to have fun at work and make good money.

Must have good customer service skills and follow tight technical procedures.
This is a company you can grow within
Dual Rate Slot/Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJune 23, 2015
This company respect their employees and encourages them to expand their experience. There is many promotions within, and they will teach you if they want you in the position, with in reason. It is a fun environment and the co workers are like family. The only downfall is working crazy hours, no holiday pay, and low raises.
Great Place to work!
Total Service Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2015
Worked for this company for 5 years in the area of Customer Service. Everyday was different and learned a lot from working at this company. They truly believe in promoting from within, so if advancement is what you are looking for then this is the place to work.
a fun and great place to work
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJune 19, 2015
I love this job before they close and i learn alot to further my careers and my coworkers were always fun to be around and act as a family and there wasnt a hard part about the job
Fun place to work
System Support Specialist II (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Many properties to work at.
Cons: Currently in bankruptcy, but I do believe they will come out soon.
Horseshoe Hammond, Harrah's Entertainment Inc and Harrah's Shreveport are all part of Caesars Entertainment. Always something new to learn. The IT department is ran pretty good for this company.
Never a dull moment
Customer Service (Former Employee), New OrleansJune 16, 2015
I loved the fact that we were always moving at a fast paced, meeting new faces including lots of celebrities. The benefits were amazing, coworkers, and the atmosphere. It was a great place to work.
Fun atmosphere
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), KSJune 13, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: poor managment
A typical work day consisted of dealing with large amounts of money at all times. Making sure you are always giving great customer service and making sure your guest leaves happy.
love work there
Executive Steward/Assistant Executive Steward (Former Employee), Tunica, MSJune 9, 2015
Pros: great advancement for everyone
Cons: long hours
making sure staff have all tool to complete all cleaning task inspecting entire food and beverage department to ensure enough supplies in stock walkthrus restaurants checking for breakage and inventory
Great Benefits
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee), Valley Center, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
Very nice employees and customers to be around. Great benefits and plenty of time off for the family. Average work day and the hardest part would be hours after 2 am. It is a casino I guess...
fun place up beat
cocktail server (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too many breaks
most enjoyable part of this job is the hours 6. It goes by really fast because your running around the whole time. You get to use the beverage on demand systems/ micros which is way faster people get to place there order at each slot they play at.
fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), KSJune 5, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Fun place to work at would come in and work the overnight shift and clean up all night. Worked in the casino area cleaning games and cleaning the restroom.
Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 3, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with were great
Cons: long hours, no over time pay
upper management seems to be running the company into the ground. normal eight hour day would easily go twelve hours. director requesting too much for personal gain and shows no respect.
It was a fun place to work and taught me a lot about customer service
Special events/promotions associate (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 3, 2015
I worked in the Marketing/ Promotions department. It was a fun job where I worked all the casino promotions and got give our customers gifts that they earned. I learned a lot about customer service, dealing with money, and the night life industry. It was a great experience and I worked with a great team.
Productive and at times stressful
Cashier (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits (e.g. Total Return Credits)
Cons: No REAL advancement
Harrah's Laughlin would be an ideal place to work if their concerns and efforts were placed more on employees. I found the right mix of culture and personalities in Harrah's, where everyone greets everyone regardless of position or ranking. Management really needs to be reevaluated as the Director of Finance is very negative and condescending due to lack of experience and education.
Work fun enviorment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 22, 2015
As a front desk supervisory my responsible for all customer service at Front End.
They ensure that service standards are met and that customer issues are resolved.
They will train, supervise, oversee, and manage Front End associates and ensure that they comply with the
operating policies and procedures of the Company.
As the front end supervisor I was in charge of quality service by establishing and enforcing company standards
and will assess store condition and customer service levels.
I was communicate and model the standards for customer service for the employees and guest.
Answered an average 50 to 100 calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing
new product information.
Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
Very good place to work
Human Resources and Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlantic City New JerseyMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and employee incentives
Cons: Too busy at times
Fast paced and customer friendly. Very professional atmosphere. Effective and efficient management. Buzz sessions were very informative and employee incentive program was one of a kind
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 15, 2015
Pros: Secure position
Cons: Payscale is low
- Great people to work with.
- Hours are 6:00 - 2:00
- Co-workers are knowledgeable
- There is no real challenge in this position
- Enjoy working and talking with many different people

1 2 3 4 5