Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for!
GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2018
Everyday was different, some days were slow paced other days were fast paced. There's always something going on here. They love their employees and they do so many things to show it!
Great place to get tons of experience
Database Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2018
Harrah's is a fast paced environment and for that reason you have the opportunity to learn a lot if you are open to doing more than your job. If the pay is great will depend on what you do, what you expect, who you know.
Pros
You can learn alot, meet new people
Cons
Pay not enough
VALET (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Wonderful environment with great benefits and friendly coworkers. I enjoyed every minute of it. Decent pay and time off. Health insurance was superb.
Certain Departments are GREAT to work for!
National Casino Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2018
I had more than one position during my time at Harrahs. I started off as a temporary employee in the Recruiting office. It was absolutely AMAZING. I loved my manager and my coworkers and loved my duties and the opportunities I had to advance within the Human Resources Department. When my temp time was up, I went to the Casino Marketing Department. I loved my employees and actually loved my job, but felt that my manager had "favorites" and there was a definite difference in the way she treated some employees. Additionally, she was a bit catty and allowed her personal life to interfere with her attitude. She is no longer with the company. At the end of the day, I loved the company and would love an opportunity to go back!
Pros
discounts at Starbucks, Fuddruckers and McCalisters, full cafe for employees, room for opportuniy
Cons
Unusual days and hours, extensive interview process
It was really fun there.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 16, 2018
Everyone in the housekeeping department was fantastic. It was a work together mentality, come together and get everything done. If you needed help, there was always someone to help. Especially on a busy day, one manager in particular was always up there to help, making beds, or making sure the floors were stocked.
One of the to casinos in Atlantic City
Barporter (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 12, 2018
Has it’s up and downs. Some days were good and others were bad all depends on what was happening in the city. There were times where the floor would be dead and others were you are unable to walk on the floor. People who work here are all good people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short breaks
Executive Host
VIP executive Host (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2018
• Builds loyalty among customers by developing relationships effectively utilizing marketing and upscale sales techniques
• Gives consistent, polite, timely, and accurate information and service to all guests
• Uses sound judgment and makes decisions in accordance with established comp and expense guidelines
Great benefits.
Hotel Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILJanuary 11, 2018
My specific department has horrible management, but overall it is a decent company. Pay is low and raises are minimal, but all other benefits (insurance, 401k, etc) are above average for my area.
Pros
healthcare, insurance
Cons
no sick days, biased points system (supervisors play favorites)
Fun job
Retail Sales Gift Shop (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 5, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working retail sales. I was able to merchandise and provide exceptional customer service. It was interesting to meet different guest of the resort.
your decision
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 4, 2018
a few good opportunities,under paid, semi good benefits, if you want to move up know you have to work hard while been under paid also remember every man/woman for themselves.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
lack of right pay
Co-workers
Hotel Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 2, 2018
Some of the best co-workers I have ever worked with. Always smiling, asked if you needed help. If they couldn't help they would reach out to other departments to see if they could help you. All worked well together as a team. I loved that!
Pros
Always there to lend a helping hand.
Cons
no cons
Friendly work environment
Spa Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 30, 2017
Working one on one with customers is something I like to do. You get one on one contact with guest. The hours of the spa was what I loved most. I wasn't there all night like the rest of the casino. I had time to spend with my family in the evenings.
Pros
Lunch was free, nice work environment
Cons
Open on the weekends
Great atmosphere, talented employees and friendly customers
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 29, 2017
Must be open to working late hours, weekends and holidays. No extra holiday pay and working holidays is mandatory. Working here is best for single individuals
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Late nights no extra holiday pay
Productive Fast Past work environment
Valet Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MODecember 27, 2017
Harrah's is a face paced work environment. I was a general manager for American Valet Parking. We were contracted through Harrah's Casino. I managed lots of employees and enjoyed it.
Awesome company to work for
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Loved working with Ceasares Intertainmen Inc,,, Lost of room to advance and I made great friends while working for the company. Positive environment and tons of training.
Pros
Tons of traing for advancement
Cons
None at this time
Hotel Casino resort atmosphere
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 26, 2017
Working here has allowed me to advance my skills and learn new ones. This is a place where guests and guest needs always have a high level of importance and I pride myself on delivering more than the guest expects.
Easy job/money for only a high school education.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 22, 2017
Harrah's is a good company to work for. One issue staying with this company long term is trying to move up. The only real way to move up far in this company is to transfer locations. I enjoyed being a dealer or a supervisor but am finally fed up with the attitudes you have to deal with everyday from the players.
Pros
Great company to work for as far as discounts, benefits, and other perks.
Cons
The guests are rude and sometimes nothing is done about them.
A alright place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chester, PADecember 21, 2017
Most days were fun and the other days weren't so great but a jobs a jobs don't get me wrong I loved working there. The people were great . The horse racing was awesome
Pros
Free parking and lunch
Cons
You stand too long
Fun place to work
CREDIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 20, 2017
Income Control: Computer accounting and balancing of each account daily from the previous day's business. Daily auditing of all departments and customer relations on phone or in person.

Credit: Opened Credit Accounts for our customers, filing and auditing of charts, calling casino hosts to verify information. Updating bank information for customers and provided information for Gambling Addiction.
Pros
Free Lunches, Discounts on cell phones, car rentals, etc.
Cons
Only can get sick 10 days a year or your terminated
yes it can be fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVDecember 19, 2017
you make your job fun it how you look at same. all management it about how make you make the look bad or good so it up to you how much fun you put in to your work
Pros
it a nice place to work at
Cons
but watch you back there is alway someone want your job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.