Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee), Valley Center, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
Very nice employees and customers to be around. Great benefits and plenty of time off for the family. Average work day and the hardest part would be hours after 2 am. It is a casino I guess...
fun place up beat
cocktail server (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJune 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: too many breaks
most enjoyable part of this job is the hours 6. It goes by really fast because your running around the whole time. You get to use the beverage on demand systems/ micros which is way faster people get to place there order at each slot they play at.
fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee), KSJune 5, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Fun place to work at would come in and work the overnight shift and clean up all night. Worked in the casino area cleaning games and cleaning the restroom.
Table Games Supervisor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 3, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with were great
Cons: long hours, no over time pay
upper management seems to be running the company into the ground. normal eight hour day would easily go twelve hours. director requesting too much for personal gain and shows no respect.
It was a fun place to work and taught me a lot about customer service
Special events/promotions associate (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 3, 2015
I worked in the Marketing/ Promotions department. It was a fun job where I worked all the casino promotions and got give our customers gifts that they earned. I learned a lot about customer service, dealing with money, and the night life industry. It was a great experience and I worked with a great team.
Productive and at times stressful
Cashier (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits (e.g. Total Return Credits)
Cons: No REAL advancement
Harrah's Laughlin would be an ideal place to work if their concerns and efforts were placed more on employees. I found the right mix of culture and personalities in Harrah's, where everyone greets everyone regardless of position or ranking. Management really needs to be reevaluated as the Director of Finance is very negative and condescending due to lack of experience and education.
Work fun enviorment
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 22, 2015
As a front desk supervisory my responsible for all customer service at Front End.
They ensure that service standards are met and that customer issues are resolved.
They will train, supervise, oversee, and manage Front End associates and ensure that they comply with the
operating policies and procedures of the Company.
As the front end supervisor I was in charge of quality service by establishing and enforcing company standards
and will assess store condition and customer service levels.
I was communicate and model the standards for customer service for the employees and guest.
Answered an average 50 to 100 calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing
new product information.
Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
Very good place to work
Human Resources and Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlantic City New JerseyMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and employee incentives
Cons: Too busy at times
Fast paced and customer friendly. Very professional atmosphere. Effective and efficient management. Buzz sessions were very informative and employee incentive program was one of a kind
Building Engineer (Current Employee), Laughlin, NVMay 15, 2015
Pros: Secure position
Cons: Payscale is low
- Great people to work with.
- Hours are 6:00 - 2:00
- Co-workers are knowledgeable
- There is no real challenge in this position
- Enjoy working and talking with many different people
Fast paced environment great to work for.
Housekeeping Status Board Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, free show tickets
Cons: management kept things for themself instead of appreciating the employees.
The hustle and bustle of rushing to get started ,I learned to enjoy my job and as time passed I learned to love it. Management over the time different people to get to know and them know you so management does start noticing who can do and who not. Working with my co-workers is like getting to know them thru their personality some are mad but when you can turn the madness around to a Hello then you can get along great with your co-workers. Writing a statement on a co-worker then their termed. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing that i can make a guest or co-worker smile because happiness makes the work enforcement go around.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great management, etc
Cons: poor notifications
I enjoyed my time with this great and upbeat company.
The people, hours, work environment, and management makes Harrah's feel like family.
Casino security during quiet shift
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMay 9, 2015
I worked graveyards. Oversaw great co-employees with wonderful sense of team work. Very customer service oriented, though the casino seemed to be closing after the first of the year.
Fun, energetic
Hostess/Cashier/Server (Former Employee), KSMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great food, benefits, compensation
Cons: Work was hard
I enjoyed working in such a fun and energetic environment. Coworkers were very friendly. I learned the skill of patience. The best part of the job was never being bored. The hardest part of the job was feeling tired after the work each day.
Great Place to work
Auditor & Events Coordinator (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 6, 2015
Fast paced, busy work. Always something going of for the customers. Great customer interaction. Awesome staff to work with. Never dull. Upbeat.
Very good workplace
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMay 5, 2015
A typical day consist of managing the warehouse, running product to different places in the casino. My co-workers were great to work with.
Always entertaining
Customer Service and Marketing (Former Employee), Maricopa, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
I worked in the marketing area, we would help with customer service , update accounts and applied rewards when needed. We would also come up with new promotions. Managers were nice and the co-workers were awesome! I enjoyed meeting new people everyday. The only reason I am no longer there is because my job as a personal care giver had become a round the clock job.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed working with the public and my co-workers. It was nice to work where you meet customers from different places'
Excellent Place to Work
BUFFET CASHIER/BARISTA (Former Employee), NKCApril 27, 2015
Harrah's is a wonderful place to work. Not only is the staff amazing so is management, working there was always fun and upbeat never had a dull moment working there.
Fun and exciting workplace
Environmental Service Tech. Supervisor (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IAApril 24, 2015
Typical day at Harrahs is preparing work task for my crew,to make sure casino is clean for our guest. Great team of employees i supervise.
Productive fun work place
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAApril 14, 2015
This is an excellent company to work for. They have a great caring culture and everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. They have great benefits and so much opportunity. The pit bosses are amazing they really protect you from players. My only negative was the drive. If I lived 30 minutes closer I would still be working there. But the one hour drive was killing me.