Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Slowed down tremendously.
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2017
Lost benefits had to purchase out of my own pocket. Hours cut down. Expensive menu prices pushing customers away. Over staffed at times excessive training.
Pros
Decent customers
Cons
No benefits hours cut and less customers.
Fun work place that keeps you on your toes.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 6, 2017
A typical day as a Security Specialist at Harrah's Atlantic City is anything but typical. Some days are extremely busy, some not so much. Working here tests your people skills on a daily basis.
Yassssss!
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 5, 2017
I loved every part of this job. The managers were amazing. The supervisors actually taught and helped you better understand the way things were run. The over all crew was more of a family then a work.
Not a very good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 2, 2017
Over all the working environment can be stressful but however if you like the customer interaction then this is a good place to work. Be mind full though this company can be very strict.
Poker room was dismal
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 2, 2017
The poker room not being around anymore shows how poor it was run. They put the spa manager in charge of the poker room after firing an actual poker manager and it was downhill from there.
Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJune 1, 2017
Lots of opportunity for advancement at this casino. I have been promoted 3 times in less than 5 years. The casino lifestyle is not for everyone, but Harrah's Cherokee does their best to minimize the casino impact on your life.
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2017
Was a great plave to work thank you it was very great
Thank you to all that i worked with every one was helpful and eazy to work with and very helpful
Pros
Free food
Cons
Big work load
makes it where you know your job
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130May 30, 2017
i was well trained for my job and was provided with help when needed, they worked with me when i needed off for appointments or emergencies.Most everyone was friendly.
Pros
free downtown parking
Cons
walking from several blocks out at night on weekends
Keep Looking
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2017
Harrah's has some wonderful people working for them. Unfortunately, the culture is to work you to death. The senior leadership is very poor. However, with any job there are lessons to learn; mine is to find something that is more understanding of the work/life balance. Harrah's offers none of that. A typical day is minimum of 10-12 hours...not uncommon to work 7-10 days in a row or more.
looking for fun at work???
int chef (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 23, 2017
this is the funniest job I have ever had.. you get to meet all types of ppl learn what they like and prepare those foods for them while they are staying at resort...
Creative Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOMay 22, 2017
I was hired on as a supervisor. I and the other new supervisors were trained in various functions of the job. we were taught of customer service as well as.
Pros
creative enviornment
Cons
Was downsized without warning
Family!!!
Asst. Restaurant Chef/ Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 22, 2017
Good place to work. Would still be there if it wasn't for a broken foot from snowboarding. Very close staff in kitchen. Most employees are long term employees who are will for change. My still of management is positive energy and corrective critique. Always make the people around you better without them even noticing. I love what I do so this is easy!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Employees, Boss, Creativity, Happieness
Cons
Didn't get my job back for broken foot
family oriented
Hospitality Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 19, 2017
fun place to work, friendly environment. i met a lot of fun and friendly people at Harrahs. i do miss my customers and my co workers. the only reason i lost my job was a misunderstanding on the point system for call ins.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
point system
Great Views of the Lake and Forests
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVMay 19, 2017
Like most casinos overpriced, but the benefit of Harrahs is that each room comes with 2 bathrooms! His and Hers! Also their buffet is on the second to top floor so the view is great there too!
Great benefits when it was Harrahs
Flair Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMay 16, 2017
Great Place to work when it was still Harrahs. Great money and security. They were always changing concepts to keep things fresh and interesting for the guests.
Pros
Great money and security
they made it fun
Lead - Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2017
benefits was the best part of the job health vision 401k, dental, paid time off overtime the management was easy going as long as you got the job done
Benefits
Cons
work until it was done
Management is not truly management
Mixologist/Server (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 16, 2017
I worked the day shift where i would have to interact with my direct management team and also mid-day management. My direct management were great. Mid-day management was hardly ever around. They were constantly in the office on their phones or outside smoking. When they did actually come around they tried to cause a lot of drama with staff
Cons
Very short breaks
its a job
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2017
nice job good people union isn't so hot but its there I wish I could have stayed there longer but the recession in 08 caused a big lay off in the gaming field
Pros
nice job
Cons
Great place to work they just sold the place
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 10, 2017
Harrah's was and extraordinary company tie work for the pay was great great atmosphere great bonuses there is nothing negative that I could say about Harrah's. Hate they sold the company
Pros
Quartetly bonuses free lunch great health care insurance....just a great company
Cons
Selling the place
Great pay, staff, and management
Steward and houseman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 7, 2017
Low pay, hard to advance but great hardworking staff and excellent management. Due to personal beliefs I didn't feel comfortable working for a company that promotes drinking and gambling but I needed to pay my bills.
Pros
pay, management, staff, and benifets
Cons
casino, hard to advance, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.