Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Resort based environment with a positive management team.
Bottle Server (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with constant positive energy from both my managers and co workers. The job is based off of sales and building costumer relationships. This job was very enjoyable and I was able to meet people from all over.
fun and entertaining environment
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 29, 2015
Casinos are a fun and entertaining environment with great opportunities. Promotions and transfers from within are a plus. Benefits when given full time employment. The most enjoyable part is the entertainment while working and opportunity to see famous celebrities occasionally.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hard to move up in one department due to seniority
Security
Security Officer/Lead (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 26, 2015
Walking through out the casino talking to guests. Learned that there are more "gamblers" in the area that I ever knew. Coworkers were great to work with always willing to help other employees when needed. Management was not always willing to talk to the "underdog" other for disciplinary purposes. Enjoyed working with the public and assisting whenever I could.
Pros
Able to learn how casinos work from the inside.
Cons
Having to escort problematic guests out of the casino.
I did the job that was required of me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 23, 2015
I did the job that was required of me. I did't dislike the job. I learned how to do the job and did it. I do not wish to speak ill towards any job nor is it necessary to talk about the persons inwhich I have worked with.
Pros
security
Cons
not everyone followed the rules which made my job harder
Great place to work, very friendly people, excellent learning enviroment which gives employees a chance to move up in the company.
Promotions Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2015
Meeting new people. Learned how to handle different attitudes on daily basis. My co-workers are the best. hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every guest.
I like it.
Drop Team Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2015
voted 2nd best place to work in phiadelphia, and id have to agree. very fun and outgoing people.i have made some good friends, but am looking to see what else is available to me.
Exciting place to call work
Bus Person (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2015
I love this this job, Its Guy Fieri's restaurant. Guy is passionate about cooking. creativity and strong minded individuals. My typically work day seems like it goes by within 2 hours. its an extremely fast paced environment that can become very stressful if you are not one you toes. Working in an environment such as this one has taught me self discipline and the true meaning of team work. We all work with one goal in mind which allows us to get the job done, even if that means carrying more weight every now and then. Our core is our talented group of managers who continue to motivate us each day. The people I work along side everyday are all have big heats and are open minded, its a pleasure working with them day in and day out. The most difficult thing about my job is not being able to see everyone leave in a better mood than when thy came in. The most enjoyable part is when I hear guest brag about the display of teamwork that goes on in the restaurant.
Pros
EDR which is short for employee dining room and the best part is that its free.
Cons
loud music
Great Company
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 11, 2015
Great company, wonderful benefits. Offers flexible part time and full time positions. Would recommend working for this company.
Overall good place to work!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 9, 2015
I was only there a short time. Overall good place to work. Culture is fun, yet challenging and many changes. Fun environment.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Could have better insurance benefits
chances to move up
Cashier Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 8, 2015
was able to go from a slot host, to slot supervisor, cage supervisor and cage shift manager. Enjoyed my years there. met lots of great people, employees and players.

good discounts
Pros
lots of fun
Cons
long days
Productive in fun work place, provided me with the skills and Knowledge preferred to excel in the entertainment industry.
Stellar guest relations skills, neat appearance (Current Employee) –  Chester PaSeptember 26, 2015
Extremely fun work place!! Overall enjoyable job yet.., despite management being old immature and revenge driven..
I you are a lively person and can
tolerate loud noise, fussy intoxicated guest and smoke of all types of cigars, cigarettes, vapors etc..being blown your way its the job for you...Networking is always present working here.....Overall good starter job not career driven..
Pros
Networking
Cons
Foundation, Structure, Chain of command
Lunches are always provided at Harrahs.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2015
The company treated you fair and had an arbitration board for employees to address any complaints and to resolve any issues that may arise in the work place.
Pros
lunches is always free at harrahs, job advancements are great, they offered college and paid for education that pertained to hotel management.
Cons
Job was never a pleasure when we dealt with disgrunteled and intoxicated patrons.
Best place I ever worked!
Environmental Services Special Projects Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LAUGHLIN, NV and PHOENIX, AZSeptember 17, 2015
I worked at two locations and in several roles for over 18 years. The company promotes tons from within and their training and development programs are top notch. I was laid off in 2008 and was rehired. I was able to keep my seniority and work my way back up into management. I only left the company because I wanted to try something different. I have not found a company that even comes close. It is sad but true.
Pros
free lunches (or really cheap), tons of employee events, good pay, encourage transfers and learning new jobs
Cons
Work pretty much on all holidays and weekends unless you've got some senority. If you are management, you will more than likely work the holidays.
take care of guests and all repairs
Eng. 2. My swung shift boss now is Dave Carter (Current Employee) –  Reno NvSeptember 13, 2015
Last time i work there it was great. but sense iv'e back there more worried about a minuet. Employees don't count any more.coworkers are great. Management not to bad. They did hire some young men but they went to other shifts, the other shift could have use at least one of them.and they got the best days even better the us that that been there longer. we need some mechanics that are small enough to fit in small places, we have a lot of them. They hired a big man, hes a good mechanic, he came another one of our property with 4 weeks vac.and high pay that's fine but they could hire 3 young men and train them, it would have been more cost effective. We got top mechanic that know our building completely. I don't think they know how to hire anymore in the Engineering department.the hardest is caring into them small places working on the H.V.A.C. valves.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care and good benefits
productive workplace
Food and beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  ROBINSONVILLE, MSSeptember 11, 2015
Great team, fun environment, lots pof money to be made for those willing to work hard. Thye food was delicious, the stay was comfortable and I enjopyed making the guests happy. The hours could be difficult. We worked long hours and never closed. It was difficult for women like me with a child at home.
Pros
THE EASY ADVANCEMENT
Cons
THE HOURS
There's no point in doing anything else
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  New OrleansSeptember 9, 2015
I was hesitant to take the job but ended up loving it. You meet different people from all over the world , my coworkers are very friendly , and you make GREAT tips. I would recommend anyone to try to become a beverage server.
Pros
Great tips, choosing a set schedule
Cons
A lot of walking
C-workers and I made it a fun place to work.
Front Line Cashier/ Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSSeptember 9, 2015
We made it a fun place to work . I learned to treat every customer with the greatest respect. The hardest part was when we could not honor the guest respond but we still made it an enjoyable day. It was very productive and it was a casino, what not to like. Some days I love it, and some days did not .
Pros
free foods and hotel stay when the weather was bad.
Cons
working every weekend and Holidays.
Dealer is the BEST JOB!!
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Working in the Tables Department is an awesome position. You meet many new faces of people from all walks of life as well as seeing regulars who you quickly feel a connection with! Fun, lively games and tons of laughter! Its not uncommon to find me laughing and joking, high fiving and chanting on my table. Who else gets to go to work and have this much fun? The money is great as well.
Pros
Fun, money, meet new people
Cons
unhappy patrons, late nights
A very fun place to work
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 4, 2015
That early rush first thing in the morning walking in the guest room they don't have no clothes on, just a typical day. Team work was important in our department and at the end of the shift we all gather together to laugh about our day because all most every day was different and that made my job enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch, employee parties, give aways, and long breaks
benefits
Great pay, OT opportunities, advancement opportunities, bad for work-life balance
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 2, 2015
It can be very fast paced environment.
Meet and engage with a big variety of people, as co-workers and in customers.
Advancement and OT opportunities.
Good breaks during shift. Two 15min. paid breaks and 30min. non-paid.
Very strict point systems.
Required to work all but 1 holiday and it's randomly selected.
Shifts can be altered periodically.
Pros
Advancement and OT opportunities, variety of people you can meet, & pay-rate.
Cons
Very strict point systems, work all but 1 holiday, & shift changes.