Harrah's Entertainment Inc.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Fun made drinks all day meet new people every day.
Bartender. (Former Employee), Laughlin, NV.February 3, 2015
Was a fun place with the best team one could ask for.
Meeting new people every day and making drinks just fun.
Management made it a fun place to work.
Hardest thing was the slow seasons.
fun, exciting place to work at
Hostess/Cashier/Busser (Former Employee), laughlinFebruary 2, 2015
i learned so much working here. management was great and very comfortable to be around. i felt like i was iworking with a second family im very greatful for my expirience at harrah's.
prodoctive place to work
Server (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJanuary 28, 2015
was a fun place to work. I enjoyed all my co workers and it was very fast paced
Laid back environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), MOJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches, use of fitness room, discounts at the resturants on property
Cons: lots of down time
A typical day involved making reservations, answering phones to fufill guests needs, checking guests in and out. The co-workers were great and energetic! I would say the most challenging part of the job was dealing with the many different guest complaints. Although finding a great way to fix those complaints was rewarding.
Great people to work with, but management needs to learn some things
Security Officer II (Former Employee), Stateline, NVJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free meal and one hour paid lunch
Cons: management is out of touch and doesn't listen to anyone, "beneath them."
I worked in security for more than three years, and even though I was promised advancement opportunities, I only made it up one level despite my efforts. The coworkers were great, and if it was just that I would have never dreaded going into work. However, the upper management is out of touch and though they claim they listen to everyone, their actions say differently. Many of the new rules and policies they came up with would limit us instead of keep us safe or protected. The benefits were awesome. but when you get in trouble for doing what you're supposed to be doing and have people above you not doing their job but getting away with it, it almost doesn't make any of it worth it.
LEARNED ALOT DID EXTRA WORK FOR DEPARTMENT
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: computers to use at break
Cons: hours were changed alot.
HOURS WERE NICE AT MOST OF TIME CO-WORKERS WERE NICE ENJOYED DOING DIFFERENT THINGS. CHRISTMAS PARTYS WERE FUN ALSO.
Great work place
Dealer (Former Employee), Rincaon San DiegoJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great, fun job.
Cons: n/a
Friendly people, family environment. Everyone is helping each other with any and all situations.
good
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJanuary 19, 2015
I loved my job when i worked here. I wish i would have never left.
Unusual place
Full time Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day has over 400 check in's with 5 representatives per shift. It is very stressful when the hotel has limited room availability, long line, multiple customer complaints, and mandatory overtime. However, it feels good when every guests are finally in house.
Lied to at interview. Promotions not given on ability
dual rate supervisor (Former Employee), cherokee N.CJanuary 14, 2015
My interview consisted of me being told , come now you will start as a dual rate supervisor as that is the only position open, within 3 months you will be a RGM ( relief games manager ) 12 months you will be running a shift,
Interviewed for 3 promotions by 3 people with no casino experience, i was the best candidate on all 3 occasions , i was told this by my managers , my team members and my subordinates.
I did not receive an offer for the first 2 interviews, people with less experience were offered the positions ( they were yes men )
3rd position i was made an offer of $2000 less than i was earning at this time and it was a salaried position , salaried positions are given overtime every week with no compensation.
i turned down the offer .
I stayed with the company for 2 years 3 months and realized that there was no chance of advancement because people above me where scared of my knowledge and ability .
great place to work
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 12, 2015
Empty and clean all waste containers
Remove waste paper and garbage from the premises to selected area; damp wipe containers
Vacuum all mats and carpeted areas in workplace, lobbies and corridors
Hand dust and clean all office furniture
Appropriately clean and polish tile floor services as required
Follow all security and workers rules and regulations
ok place to work
Room Service (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 2, 2015
a typical day at work for me included answer phones, enter data into the computer system, filing paperwork, transferring calls, answering any questions that the guest may have, and work together with the wait staff in order to ensure that the guest receive the best possible service.the worst part about my job was not getting enough hours
Harrahs Casino
Liquor Dispensing Attendant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2014
this is a awsome job. if your attending school they help pay a certain percentage. they help you get started on buying a house. what more could you ask for.
Dedicated and reliable to my job
HOUSEKEEPING/ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSDecember 4, 2014
I just had return back to work on a Sunday a guest told me that housekeeping didn't clean their room in two days. So I responded by apologizing about them not having service. So I took care of the guest and told my supervisor what happen.
entertaining guests
Supervisor (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IADecember 3, 2014
Pros: everyday is a new experience
Cons: working every holiday
Working in a casino industry is fun rewarding and entertaining. The people you encounter, the friends you make. Just a very enjoyable atmosphere.
Awesome job environment
Shift Supervisor/Bartender (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSDecember 2, 2014
I absolutely loved this job. I love the management and employees. This was one of the best job experiences I have ever had.
Fun and fast pace
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LANovember 28, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation
Cons: benefits
This job is a fun place to work, you get to know the people you are working with very well and the company tries to always should there employee that they are appreciated.
fun place and good bosses
Poker Dealer (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no healthcare, time stars, not enough money
the hardest part of my job, first of all is working late going to work at 10pm. I was use to going bed at 10. the next hardest thing is dealing with irate and drunk customers at that hour. then not making enough money .
I learned that working hard and getting along with everyone is definetly a challenge.
My coworkers are awesome , love most of them ! especially management, very fair and have my back !
I enjoy making money, thats why I'm there
Exciting, fast-paced work environment!
BLACKJACK DEALER (Former Employee), Stateline, NVNovember 25, 2014
Pros: the people, the laughter, the excitement!
Cons: unsteady income
To deal cards is such a shift from teaching, and yet there are many similarities! It is a wonderful summer job, and the atmosphere at Harrah's is exhilarating!
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers, especially when they are happy! I've met so many interesting people with such unique stories to tell!
The hardest part of the job is standing on my feet for long periods of time!
CAGE CASHIER
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2014
 Responsible for exchanging cash for casino tokens, and vice versa
 Handled financial transactions for casino patrons with skill and integrity
 Exchanged chips for cash, cash checks, pay out credit card advances and wire transfers
 Handled paperwork
 Summarized daily transactions, balancing books and cash drawers

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Salaries