Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

The opportunity for learning
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tunica Resorts, MSMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at Harrah's was a lot of fun. The interaction with our guests was the most enjoyable part of the job. Supervisors attended several training classes to expand on our customer service skills.
One of the hardest parts of the job was when our computers weren't working. We then had to keep up with several guest rating cards manually. When there were high rollers in our sections, it was hard to keep up with all of the players, but we did our best to ensure customer satisfaction.
I was given the honor of being named "Verbatim Queen" for having the most positive guest comments in 2013.
Pros
Meeting different people all of the time.
Cons
No overtime pay for salaried employees.
Ok place to work if your not looking for to much money or advancement
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2016
Get as much training as you can then move to another casino or job they have excellent training but very poor compensation. Co workers are nice people and over worked for what there paid. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the middle management very under educated and born micro managers also company policies are vague and applied selectively. The coworkers were enjoyable good people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Very bad manegement depending on a persons department
Loved it here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2016
Great training program when I was first hired, enjoyed the different venues to work in, co-workers, for the most part, were fun and enjoyable. Management was willing to work with you regarding the scheduling.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, treated employees well.
Cons
Never was able to get a full time shift due to people with higher seniority.
very busy and loud place to work
Casino Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at harrahs was very unorthodox. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part about the job was learning where everything was.
stable job
Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
learn how to deal with difficult people not only difficult guest but incredible difficult supervisors, most of my fun time was wen I was delivering items to guest made conversations with them listen to the opinion they had on the city, etc......
Pros
exisirsie wile delivering
Cons
food is not that good
overall wonderful place to work
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 5, 2016
diverse culture where everyone worked well together and have enjoyed my tenure thoroughly. easily accessible for those who do not have transportation
I loved working with my co-wokers and the guest
Cocktails (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMarch 4, 2016
most days were fun I went to work and did my job.
was that it does not do any good to fallow the chain of comand when there is a problem it just makes you a target.
Not all people know what they are doing when they get a upper management job.
I loved my co-workers I worked with them for almost 20 years we were like family.
Was the upper Managment
I enjoyed the eople that I worked with and the players and I do miss them.
Pros
Most of the people, Ins, pay
Cons
not being able to get help when there was a problem
great place to work
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAMarch 2, 2016
Its a fun and energetic place to work. The co workers and supervisors are great and make the night fly by. The customers can be a handful at times but that is just something you have to deal with
Good experence
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 22, 2016
Was good until company went bankrupt. Medical insurance is bad, no more free meals in employee dining area. be prepared to work all hours of the day
Cons
medical insurance
a day at work
Front Desk Agent /Cashier/Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401February 17, 2016
In a day of work, I come in earlier than my shift to look at my schedule and see what is my location and whom are my co workers for the evening as well as the break shifts. I educate myself in what is going on for the day, clock in and greet all my co workers and managers who are all super nice always, everyone treats everyone like family, ask about what needs to be done for the day and begin tasking. the hardest part of my job sometimes can be getting everything that needs to be done in one day when there is a heavy work load. the most enjoyable part of the day is making people smile, laughing and just having a good time at work with friendly people all while maintaining a good work environment.
Good environment
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2016
Nice customer services
A lot entertainment for the customers
Funny dealers
Many table games available
Party pit dealers
Carnival court pit with a band
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
1 HOUR 20 WORK FOR 20 MINUTES BREAK
Excellent Place to Work!
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
Always have a blast working here because every night there is something new and it feels like a constant adventure! Cant wait to go back tomorrow and see what the Vegas strip has to offer!
Inventory Control
Regional Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSFebruary 2, 2016
I managed back of house objects for Inventory Control and Loss prevention methods. Responsible for visual merchandising for all four Retail outlets.
Too much labor, too little time
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 1, 2016
I didn't like housekeeping too much. There were too many rooms to do in too short of a time period. In order to thoroughly clean the rooms it took up more time than the company expects you to do it in.
Pros
gym memberships, benefits
Cons
too many rooms too little time
A Good Place to Work
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Harrah's is a good place to work. They take care of their employee's with good benefits and job security. They try to make it a fun place for Employee's and Customers alike.
Great compant to work for. Decided to move on to a better career path.
Surveillance Technician (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJanuary 5, 2016
Harrah's Surveillance was a great company to work for. g Harrah's had great Supervision and employees. I just decided to move on and take on a new challenge with a new company.
Pros
Good people and a great leadership
Cons
Pay not great.
Status board operator
Status Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2016
I took in 100's phone calls while dispatching. updated computer files, lots of data entry. assisted security almost daily. I enjoyed working here very much.
Nice Place
BANK TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSDecember 30, 2015
Harrahs casino was a great opportunity to meet new people from out of state and different countries.It was an amzing way to learn more about people, different cultures.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Company closed down
Enjoyed working for the casino
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 30, 2015
I was there for twenty years and I've seen some changes about the Casino. I would meet a lot of people. The first few years I was I would meet sport celebraties.and talk to them. I enjoy working there for awhile.
Pros
we didn't get free lunches
Cons
We had three break, the benefits were good
Satisfied
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2015
I had a great time working with a great company like harrahs casino, and its pleasurable in my experience over all.The company is a good source of employees to enhance some of their casino skills,