Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Nice Place
BANK TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSDecember 30, 2015
Harrahs casino was a great opportunity to meet new people from out of state and different countries.It was an amzing way to learn more about people, different cultures.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Company closed down
Enjoyed working for the casino
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILDecember 30, 2015
I was there for twenty years and I've seen some changes about the Casino. I would meet a lot of people. The first few years I was I would meet sport celebraties.and talk to them. I enjoy working there for awhile.
Pros
we didn't get free lunches
Cons
We had three break, the benefits were good
Satisfied
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2015
I had a great time working with a great company like harrahs casino, and its pleasurable in my experience over all.The company is a good source of employees to enhance some of their casino skills,
I loved working for Harrahs
Guest Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 9, 2015
This was my first Front Desk job and I enjoyed it. I worked for many casinos before and I do enjoy Harrahs because they treat employees good. Everyone is trained for good customer service so no one is allowed to say, "well thats your job, not mine." Which I heard that many times before in different places. They trained me with the system to check people in & out. Gave me nice dress clothes uniform: Suit and tie. They also have this site its like amazon.com where we can buy everything we want but using our points, points you earn while you do your own job. So basically you are getting recognized for the work your doing which was awesome for me because I've worked for many jobs before that I would bust my butt working hard and I would never get no recognition for it and my bosses would say, "Well I've never seen anything from you." My supervisors are very supportive.

Its a good place my only problem was the schedule, they put me in random hours and it was hard to balance a second job and a life. Thats the only part they weren't supportive.
Pros
Paid Hour Lunches, Free Lunches, Good Healthcare
Cons
Not a Consistent Schedule
Small and more personal casino
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 8, 2015
Casino was not as big. Employees were able to form a more personal relationship with the customers.
Company cared about the employees.
great supervisors!
Teleservices Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 6, 2015
enjoyable department, great coworkers! learned a lot during my time there about the gaming industry. Would recommend working back of the house.
Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2015
Overall I did general maintenance and overall preventative maintenance, of all properties and casinos, and hotel rooms and central plant maintenance of boilers and chillers. Cooling towers included.
Pros
Busy good peple
Cons
n/a
Good Place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2015
Fantastic Place to work, awesome co-workers and bosses. Always something different and fun everyday, Management was always helpful and willing to do anything to help you when needed.
Good Job
Stewarding Custodian (Former Employee) –  Chester, PANovember 16, 2015
Harrah's was a nice place to work. The kitchen staff was professional. I enjoyed working with all of my former co-workers.
I enjoyed the interaction with the guest.
Booking Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2015
Very fun and comfortable environment. Incentives were very rewarding. Gained sales and promotion techniques and an understanding of good customer service.
Great team members!
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 9, 2015
Good management, that was supportive of all employees. Excellent benefits package. They could have been a little less concerned with politics, but that is expected for large corporations.
No Longer a fun place to play
Player Developement (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 9, 2015
Being monitored during your daily routine of interacting with guest and building relationships. The co-workers were great! We all knew we had jobs to do and we made it happen.

The Casino Ops Manager does not know anything so he creates problems so the General Manager won't focus on the fact that he can't read or speak to important reports.

The General Manager hated the property and since it was a chore for him to come to the property, he was a real butt on the few days he decided to drop by. Management made the job hard! The customers and other hourly employees made it a great place to work. With the exception of some great Managers that has held that place together.
Pros
Cons
too many to name
vip host
vip host (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 4, 2015
this job sucks gives no promotion . treat humans bad no respect.
must kiss butt to get ahead . management don't have idea how to treat employees. very bias. a lot of under cover people don't care for other races.
Exciting place to work and lots of fun!
Gaming Host and Income Control Clerk/Gaming Host (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCNovember 2, 2015
As a gaming host we put on a happy face always for the public who where there to have fun. When moving into Income Control, we worked together well and enjoyed the day.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
10 hour days could seem long at times
Resort based environment with a positive management team.
Bottle Server (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with constant positive energy from both my managers and co workers. The job is based off of sales and building costumer relationships. This job was very enjoyable and I was able to meet people from all over.
fun and entertaining environment
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 29, 2015
Casinos are a fun and entertaining environment with great opportunities. Promotions and transfers from within are a plus. Benefits when given full time employment. The most enjoyable part is the entertainment while working and opportunity to see famous celebrities occasionally.
Pros
free meal
Cons
hard to move up in one department due to seniority
Security
Security Officer/Lead (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 26, 2015
Walking through out the casino talking to guests. Learned that there are more "gamblers" in the area that I ever knew. Coworkers were great to work with always willing to help other employees when needed. Management was not always willing to talk to the "underdog" other for disciplinary purposes. Enjoyed working with the public and assisting whenever I could.
Pros
Able to learn how casinos work from the inside.
Cons
Having to escort problematic guests out of the casino.
I did the job that was required of me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 23, 2015
I did the job that was required of me. I did't dislike the job. I learned how to do the job and did it. I do not wish to speak ill towards any job nor is it necessary to talk about the persons inwhich I have worked with.
Pros
security
Cons
not everyone followed the rules which made my job harder
Great place to work, very friendly people, excellent learning enviroment which gives employees a chance to move up in the company.
Promotions Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2015
Meeting new people. Learned how to handle different attitudes on daily basis. My co-workers are the best. hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every guest.
I like it.
Drop Team Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2015
voted 2nd best place to work in phiadelphia, and id have to agree. very fun and outgoing people.i have made some good friends, but am looking to see what else is available to me.