Harrah's Entertainment Inc.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing superior guest service to all guests
Front desk clerk (Former Employee), Tunica Resorts, MSOctober 29, 2014
Pros: healthcare, helping others
Cons: rude guests, the temperature
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet a lot of people and gain great networking skills.
Productive work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSOctober 27, 2014
While working on Graveyard Shift at Harrahs Tunica things were very simple we had busy nights and we had slow nights the work that had to be done was not hard at all and the employees there were helpful.
Loved the Job
Valet Parking (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSOctober 27, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND I ENJOYED EVERY DAY OF THE 10 YEARS I WORKED THERE
great place to work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Reno NVOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free luches, and a good work environment.
Cons: not many cons, sometimes we would switch shirfs if needed.
the supervisor was a great person to work for he would lay out the jobs and then we would go out and do them. If we needed any help he was there to help and never really got angry was very pleasant all the time. The work day was organized and we knew what was expected.
Best Place EVER to Work
Support Specialist, Shift Lead (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2014
Pros: entertaining environment
Cons: headquarters relocated to vegas
This was the best job I ever had. Learned so much in a mentoring environment. The people were fun and knowledgeable.
Harrah's was a great learning experience for the development of my career.
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 21, 2014
Pros: lunch provided.
Cons: lacks innovation.
Harrah's Hotel gave me a diverse outlook of the international community.
Fun and exciting place to work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: many rewards for hard work and good pay
Cons: co-workers caught for stealing and went straight to jail
Fun-filled environment. What I learned from this experience is you have to be very accurate when dealing with so much cash. Some co-workers in the casino environment cannot be trusted.
I learn all casino games while working with this company!
Dealer (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSOctober 16, 2014
Pros: win money for going to meeting
Cons: always take care of your customers
A typical day at work was clocking in early to find out what table I was sign to .how deal different games, cross training with management. My co- worker were good at their jobs and good with customer service. The hard part was learn how to work with different customers attitudes an in come with time .the most enjoyable part was making money.
Had a great view of river and enjoyed the room I worked in.
Food Server (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVOctober 15, 2014
Getting to work and getting the room ready for a busy night. Making sure everything sparkled.
Competitive Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 14, 2014
Customer Care is what we did. I learned that the Customer is always right.Management was on Point. The hardest Part of the job was the hours I had to work being a new mom. The Most enjoyable part of the was getting to meet and help the customers with their inquiries.
Productive and fun work place
Security Officer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: have fun
Cons: start of overnight
A typical Night at Harrahs was on the weekend when all the drunk and friendly people come in and they tell you how much they love New Orleans and how they want to come and gamble all they money because they can to have a good time. Sometime Celebs come and talk to us it make our day go by. I learned that some people with money are very rude and very fun when intoxicated. Our managers use to try and have fun with us. Co-Workers were more like family because you see them more then your family. the hardest part of the job was staying up overnight after the crowd die down but I love interacting with people
Fun to work here
Hotel Front Desk-Diamond Agent (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2014
Loved the interaction with the guests and the fun things that the company had to offer for their employees.
It was fun and lucrative.
Team Leader Andreotti's/Banquet Teamleader (Former Employee), Harrah's ShreveportOctober 7, 2014
Working for Harrah's Entertainment was both fun and rewarding. In my position as a teamleader, I really felt that the company cared about all of its employees. All employees were trained in the art of customer service in the restaurant I worked in and giving that service became a point of pride for the service staff. That showed in the popularity of the restaurant and consistently high ratings of guest "A" satisfaction level.
Amazing
Security Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 3, 2014
I worked for Harrah's and I should have never left. This is the best place to work. Co-workers are fun and there are a lot of activities for the families to do. Pay was good, and there were yearly raises.
nice place to work
Project manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nice environment beautiful place
very busy lot of project time go fast.

how to manage time and projects.

excellent everyone get together to get it done.

time vrs projects we have limited time.

the satisfaction of you're self and the customer after a job well done.
Lots of exercise for the day after runnin to retrieve vehicles.
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Bossier City, LaSeptember 30, 2014
Customer service was the typical part of the day parking and retrieving cars for the customers. Here I learned how to better interact with people and improved my people skills. The managers there were great people to work for and carry out conversations with and they listen to you and work around your schedule even if your in school. Never a hard part of the job except having to run in rain to retrieve cars. I love being outside so this made the job that much better for me.
Fast paced work with enjoyable scenary
Casino Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2014
On this job there never was a typical day because each day something different happened and I learned how to always be ready for any and everything. I think this was the most challenging and adventurous job ever. I am so glad my co-workers and Managers were all willing to make sure everyone on each shift was knowledgeable of everything that would happen each day. The hardest part of this job was making sure my till was balanced everyday to the correct amount of money, chips and checks. The most enjoyable part was learning how to work in a fast paced environment and making sure each guest left feeling lucky.
Repeitive work process on a Riverboat Casino
Regulatory Compliance Clerk (Former Employee), Metropolis, ILSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: safe and secure work environment
Cons: extensive periods of down-time.
Typical day - daily Title 31 audits including Front of House (FOH) operational support with Internal Control Q & As.
First exposure to auditing function.
Hardest part of job - Large amount of down-time
Most enjoyable part of job - flexible schedule & independent decision making.
Excellent place to work...
Duel Rate Supervisor (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: nice people
Interesting, organized and loved working with the Management there. Management at Harrah's are eager to teach you new things in the casino industry to make you job more enjoyable. Shared a lot new ideas with team members working together to make a enjoyable work environment.
The hardest part of the job with dealing with difficult customer and over turning their opinion to a better situation.
n/a
Cocktail Server (Former Employee), chesterSeptember 18, 2014
I loved the customers they were very friendly. but overall the job was very stressful.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Salaries