Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Productive in fun work place, provided me with the skills and Knowledge preferred to excel in the entertainment industry.
Stellar guest relations skills, neat appearance (Current Employee) –  Chester PaSeptember 26, 2015
Extremely fun work place!! Overall enjoyable job yet.., despite management being old immature and revenge driven..
I you are a lively person and can
tolerate loud noise, fussy intoxicated guest and smoke of all types of cigars, cigarettes, vapors etc..being blown your way its the job for you...Networking is always present working here.....Overall good starter job not career driven..
Pros
Networking
Cons
Foundation, Structure, Chain of command
Nice Place
BANK TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSDecember 30, 2015
Harrahs casino was a great opportunity to meet new people from out of state and different countries.It was an amzing way to learn more about people, different cultures.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Company closed down
Lunches are always provided at Harrahs.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2015
The company treated you fair and had an arbitration board for employees to address any complaints and to resolve any issues that may arise in the work place.
Pros
lunches is always free at harrahs, job advancements are great, they offered college and paid for education that pertained to hotel management.
Cons
Job was never a pleasure when we dealt with disgrunteled and intoxicated patrons.
Best place I ever worked!
Environmental Services Special Projects Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LAUGHLIN, NV and PHOENIX, AZSeptember 17, 2015
I worked at two locations and in several roles for over 18 years. The company promotes tons from within and their training and development programs are top notch. I was laid off in 2008 and was rehired. I was able to keep my seniority and work my way back up into management. I only left the company because I wanted to try something different. I have not found a company that even comes close. It is sad but true.
Pros
free lunches (or really cheap), tons of employee events, good pay, encourage transfers and learning new jobs
Cons
Work pretty much on all holidays and weekends unless you've got some senority. If you are management, you will more than likely work the holidays.
A Good Place to Work
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Harrah's is a good place to work. They take care of their employee's with good benefits and job security. They try to make it a fun place for Employee's and Customers alike.
Exciting place to work and lots of fun!
Gaming Host and Income Control Clerk/Gaming Host (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCNovember 2, 2015
As a gaming host we put on a happy face always for the public who where there to have fun. When moving into Income Control, we worked together well and enjoyed the day.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
10 hour days could seem long at times
Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2015
Overall I did general maintenance and overall preventative maintenance, of all properties and casinos, and hotel rooms and central plant maintenance of boilers and chillers. Cooling towers included.
Pros
Busy good peple
Cons
n/a
I did the job that was required of me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 23, 2015
I did the job that was required of me. I did't dislike the job. I learned how to do the job and did it. I do not wish to speak ill towards any job nor is it necessary to talk about the persons inwhich I have worked with.
Pros
security
Cons
not everyone followed the rules which made my job harder
C-workers and I made it a fun place to work.
Front Line Cashier/ Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSSeptember 9, 2015
We made it a fun place to work . I learned to treat every customer with the greatest respect. The hardest part was when we could not honor the guest respond but we still made it an enjoyable day. It was very productive and it was a casino, what not to like. Some days I love it, and some days did not .
Pros
free foods and hotel stay when the weather was bad.
Cons
working every weekend and Holidays.
Dealer is the BEST JOB!!
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Working in the Tables Department is an awesome position. You meet many new faces of people from all walks of life as well as seeing regulars who you quickly feel a connection with! Fun, lively games and tons of laughter! Its not uncommon to find me laughing and joking, high fiving and chanting on my table. Who else gets to go to work and have this much fun? The money is great as well.
Pros
Fun, money, meet new people
Cons
unhappy patrons, late nights
Resort based environment with a positive management team.
Bottle Server (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with constant positive energy from both my managers and co workers. The job is based off of sales and building costumer relationships. This job was very enjoyable and I was able to meet people from all over.
Great place to work, very friendly people, excellent learning enviroment which gives employees a chance to move up in the company.
Promotions Associate (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2015
Meeting new people. Learned how to handle different attitudes on daily basis. My co-workers are the best. hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every guest.
Great pay, OT opportunities, advancement opportunities, bad for work-life balance
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 2, 2015
It can be very fast paced environment.
Meet and engage with a big variety of people, as co-workers and in customers.
Advancement and OT opportunities.
Good breaks during shift. Two 15min. paid breaks and 30min. non-paid.
Very strict point systems.
Required to work all but 1 holiday and it's randomly selected.
Shifts can be altered periodically.
Pros
Advancement and OT opportunities, variety of people you can meet, & pay-rate.
Cons
Very strict point systems, work all but 1 holiday, & shift changes.
Status board operator
Status Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2016
I took in 100's phone calls while dispatching. updated computer files, lots of data entry. assisted security almost daily. I enjoyed working here very much.
Satisfied
Sales and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2015
I had a great time working with a great company like harrahs casino, and its pleasurable in my experience over all.The company is a good source of employees to enhance some of their casino skills,
A very fun place to work
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 4, 2015
That early rush first thing in the morning walking in the guest room they don't have no clothes on, just a typical day. Team work was important in our department and at the end of the shift we all gather together to laugh about our day because all most every day was different and that made my job enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch, employee parties, give aways, and long breaks
benefits
productive workplace
Food and beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  ROBINSONVILLE, MSSeptember 11, 2015
Great team, fun environment, lots pof money to be made for those willing to work hard. Thye food was delicious, the stay was comfortable and I enjopyed making the guests happy. The hours could be difficult. We worked long hours and never closed. It was difficult for women like me with a child at home.
Pros
THE EASY ADVANCEMENT
Cons
THE HOURS
Fun work place!
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 19, 2015
Everyday involved playing games and having fun with different groups of people. I learned how to manage a positive attitude amongst wide varieties of people and being able to handle angry individuals. I also learned how to handle drunks and get them safely escorted from the premises. The managers I had were always fun and handled situations that arose effectively and quickly.
Pros
Free food, great benefits, great employees, frequent breaks
Cons
Terrible coorporation that focuses on money and not the well-being of the employees.
Great Experience
High Limits Host / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 12, 2015
Working at Harrahs Casino introduced me to working with customers face to face to resolve requests and disputes up front in a fast paced environment. The co-workers were all great and management staff. The most challenging time was during the busy holiday, which was packed with customers. and very noisy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our customers directly and building relationships.
Pros
Noisy and bad air quality from smokers
Cons
Customers and staff
Good Place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 22, 2015
Fantastic Place to work, awesome co-workers and bosses. Always something different and fun everyday, Management was always helpful and willing to do anything to help you when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.