Harrah's Entertainment Inc.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Tough job, but nice place to work.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: affordable lunch, nice paycheck.
Cons: long hours, rude customers.
Long hours. Sometimes wouldn't get off until 6am. Depending on what kind of shift you had. Customers are fun, some are rude. Management is okay.
Reasonable Workplace
Poker Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: being in a hurricaine friendly zone..thy name rita
A typical day at work was first seeing how many games were going and were there any special things I should know ex. did anyone call in sick, do we have enough staff for the potential volume of customers etc. what I learned about managemant is that I am very much more suitable to be one than to not be one, if that makes sense. The co-workers are the same everywhere, people are people, if you are fair with them they will respect you, respect the job, and most likely perform better. The exact opposite being true if you are unfair. If you apply yourself things are simple and become routine. I liked interacting with the patrons who were the players but poker players are a queer bunch, and I found myself wanting to leave the gambling world and chart undiscovered [ by me ] territory
Productive and very fun environment.
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: lots of tourist, got to meat a lot of new people.
Cons: lots of drunks
A typical day at work for me was to help keep everyone safe while they enjoyed themselves. I enjoyed learning things about people from all over the world and the different stories they told. Working at the casino was like having a job where you can also enjoy yourself because we I had to help others enjoy themselves. I loved my co-workers. Most of them were very friendly and able to get along with. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching some one win a jackpot. I loved to see the looks on their faces when they realized they were got home a bit if not tons richer.
H**L ON EARTH
TOO MANY POSITIONS (Former Employee), ATLANTIC CITYJuly 31, 2014
Cons: rick mazer and corporation
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. BEING HOMELESS IS A BETTER OPTION THEN WORKING FOR THIS PLACE. DON'T GET ME WRONG IT USED TO BE A GREAT PLACE BACK IN THE DAY BUT NOW SENIOR MANAGEMENT HAS ONE AGENDA AND THAT IS HOW DO WE COME UP WITH WAYS TO SC**W OUR EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!
Coworkers are awesome!
Total Service Central Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
Pros: food is always free!
Overall employment in this company is great. Work is fun and most importantly, the people I work with are wonderful! Makes work less stressful and boring.
A place that takes care of their employees
Call Center Lead (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free meals in a cafeteria with decent food
Cons: demeening points system
Harrah's understood that a happy employee makes happy guests. The management were always checking in, on a personal level with their staff to make sure each one was comfortable and satisfied with the way things were run.
casino fun
SLOT ATTENDANT/HOST (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 27, 2014
Fun an loving enviornment. Enjoyed meeting different people from all over the world.
Harrah's
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no overtime
Great place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They care about there employees and your do not feel like your just being used like a machine.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Tunica, MSJuly 23, 2014
Pros: meeting the guest
I ENJOYED WORKING FOR HARRAH BECAUSE OF ALL THE PEOPLE ACROSS THE WORLD IT BROUGHT TOGETHER. EACH DAY WAS LIKE TAKING A TRIP TO MANY DIFFERENT STATES AND COUNTRIES, DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF TRANSIT GUEST WE HOUSED AND SERVICED.
Operations area was spot on in providing client satisfaction and meeting their expectations.
Transportation Administrator (FT) (Former Employee), Reno and Lake Tahoe NevadaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great coffee and work space
Cons: not enough work to keep you 100% heads down
Training was more hands on than formal, however part of my full time responsibility was to develop complete "how to" manuals.
Management was always upfront and pulled you into their discussions on how to make it better.
Co-workers acted as a team and immediate supervisor was one sharp individual in the people transportation and dispatching environment.
It was quiet an experience to work for The Pool..
Pool Attendant (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJuly 20, 2014
Pros: worked and done all the activities the pool has to offer.
Cons: when the new manager was hired there was no more overtime and my schedule changed.
Overall this is a good company to work for The Pool was a unique experience, Iv`e done everything from checking the pool chemicals to been a Nightclub Promoter. This company have done Banquets, Weddings, The island Luau show (Hawaiian banquet with a live performances) Day Club pool party, Live performances from well known DJ`s such as DJ Pauly D from the Jersey Shore and even the Food and Wine festival. All this activities I have been lucky to be a part of, and even my cocktail waitresses are great people and management also.
This is a productive and fun workplace, the employees are very friendly and easy to work with.
Stylist (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 19, 2014
Pros: eo's (early outs) when not busy
Cons: working over time and not getting paid
In working at Harrah's Casino, I learned a lot of beneficial elements to help me to excel in furthering my career in the beauty industry. The managing team that was involved in maintaining the spa kept every employee up to speed with those elements that were needed in producing a conducive workplace.
productive and fun place to work for
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee), NEW ORLEANS, LAJuly 16, 2014
I've enjoyed working with the company and interacting with the customers
Productive workplace
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Robinsville,MSJuly 14, 2014
A typical day at work was making sure my passengers made it safe to and from their hotels rooms.
Rv Park was a good quite place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MS (Tunica)July 11, 2014
Pros: good benifits and pay
Cons: bad woking hours
Meeting and checking in people from many states and some time countries.
I had 3 co-workers. 2 were good to work with, 1 was terrible always starting trouble, but I worked with her for a long time.
ok
Electrician (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJJuly 10, 2014
mid management is good, upper corp management is horrible . greedy, non caring , and completely blind to any type of employee satisfaction what so ever.
Not that great; business is closed
Regional Coordinator/Office Administrator (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSJuly 9, 2014
When I first started working for Harrah's, who was Grand Casino at the time, everything was great. We had paid holidays, quarterly bonuses for providing great customer service, and even a turkey on Thanksgiving. As time progressed everything stopped.
1st casino dealers job , fun, exciting ,and loved this job.
Casino Dealer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: learning how to deal new games
Cons: dealing with drunk people.
1st casino I ever worked at, it was fun and exciting . enjoyed my co-workers. loved working with people and learning so much as time went on. New games. lots of fun.
upbeat place to work
Cook (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJuly 7, 2014
prepared large variety of different foods from many cultures
Good place to work stressing guest satisfaction
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Marylanf Heights, MOJuly 7, 2014
Still a great place to work though no longer in the St.Louis market

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Photos