Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good place to work!
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 9, 2015
I was only there a short time. Overall good place to work. Culture is fun, yet challenging and many changes. Fun environment.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Could have better insurance benefits
chances to move up
Cashier Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 8, 2015
was able to go from a slot host, to slot supervisor, cage supervisor and cage shift manager. Enjoyed my years there. met lots of great people, employees and players.

good discounts
Pros
lots of fun
Cons
long days
Productive in fun work place, provided me with the skills and Knowledge preferred to excel in the entertainment industry.
Stellar guest relations skills, neat appearance (Current Employee) –  Chester PaSeptember 26, 2015
Extremely fun work place!! Overall enjoyable job yet.., despite management being old immature and revenge driven..
I you are a lively person and can
tolerate loud noise, fussy intoxicated guest and smoke of all types of cigars, cigarettes, vapors etc..being blown your way its the job for you...Networking is always present working here.....Overall good starter job not career driven..
Pros
Networking
Cons
Foundation, Structure, Chain of command
Lunches are always provided at Harrahs.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2015
The company treated you fair and had an arbitration board for employees to address any complaints and to resolve any issues that may arise in the work place.
Pros
lunches is always free at harrahs, job advancements are great, they offered college and paid for education that pertained to hotel management.
Cons
Job was never a pleasure when we dealt with disgrunteled and intoxicated patrons.
Best place I ever worked!
Environmental Services Special Projects Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LAUGHLIN, NV and PHOENIX, AZSeptember 17, 2015
I worked at two locations and in several roles for over 18 years. The company promotes tons from within and their training and development programs are top notch. I was laid off in 2008 and was rehired. I was able to keep my seniority and work my way back up into management. I only left the company because I wanted to try something different. I have not found a company that even comes close. It is sad but true.
Pros
free lunches (or really cheap), tons of employee events, good pay, encourage transfers and learning new jobs
Cons
Work pretty much on all holidays and weekends unless you've got some senority. If you are management, you will more than likely work the holidays.
take care of guests and all repairs
Eng. 2. My swung shift boss now is Dave Carter (Current Employee) –  Reno NvSeptember 13, 2015
Last time i work there it was great. but sense iv'e back there more worried about a minuet. Employees don't count any more.coworkers are great. Management not to bad. They did hire some young men but they went to other shifts, the other shift could have use at least one of them.and they got the best days even better the us that that been there longer. we need some mechanics that are small enough to fit in small places, we have a lot of them. They hired a big man, hes a good mechanic, he came another one of our property with 4 weeks vac.and high pay that's fine but they could hire 3 young men and train them, it would have been more cost effective. We got top mechanic that know our building completely. I don't think they know how to hire anymore in the Engineering department.the hardest is caring into them small places working on the H.V.A.C. valves.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care and good benefits
productive workplace
Food and beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  ROBINSONVILLE, MSSeptember 11, 2015
Great team, fun environment, lots pof money to be made for those willing to work hard. Thye food was delicious, the stay was comfortable and I enjopyed making the guests happy. The hours could be difficult. We worked long hours and never closed. It was difficult for women like me with a child at home.
Pros
THE EASY ADVANCEMENT
Cons
THE HOURS
There's no point in doing anything else
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  New OrleansSeptember 9, 2015
I was hesitant to take the job but ended up loving it. You meet different people from all over the world , my coworkers are very friendly , and you make GREAT tips. I would recommend anyone to try to become a beverage server.
Pros
Great tips, choosing a set schedule
Cons
A lot of walking
C-workers and I made it a fun place to work.
Front Line Cashier/ Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSSeptember 9, 2015
We made it a fun place to work . I learned to treat every customer with the greatest respect. The hardest part was when we could not honor the guest respond but we still made it an enjoyable day. It was very productive and it was a casino, what not to like. Some days I love it, and some days did not .
Pros
free foods and hotel stay when the weather was bad.
Cons
working every weekend and Holidays.
Dealer is the BEST JOB!!
Dealer (Current Employee) –  Metropolis, ILSeptember 8, 2015
Working in the Tables Department is an awesome position. You meet many new faces of people from all walks of life as well as seeing regulars who you quickly feel a connection with! Fun, lively games and tons of laughter! Its not uncommon to find me laughing and joking, high fiving and chanting on my table. Who else gets to go to work and have this much fun? The money is great as well.
Pros
Fun, money, meet new people
Cons
unhappy patrons, late nights
A very fun place to work
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSSeptember 4, 2015
That early rush first thing in the morning walking in the guest room they don't have no clothes on, just a typical day. Team work was important in our department and at the end of the shift we all gather together to laugh about our day because all most every day was different and that made my job enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch, employee parties, give aways, and long breaks
benefits
Great pay, OT opportunities, advancement opportunities, bad for work-life balance
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOSeptember 2, 2015
It can be very fast paced environment.
Meet and engage with a big variety of people, as co-workers and in customers.
Advancement and OT opportunities.
Good breaks during shift. Two 15min. paid breaks and 30min. non-paid.
Very strict point systems.
Required to work all but 1 holiday and it's randomly selected.
Shifts can be altered periodically.
Pros
Advancement and OT opportunities, variety of people you can meet, & pay-rate.
Cons
Very strict point systems, work all but 1 holiday, & shift changes.
enjoyed working here
Table Games Host, cage cashier (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, NCAugust 31, 2015
daily preshift
receive work assignments
taking in of monies for chips
customer service
enjoyed job
worked in cage and table games
Fun work place!
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 19, 2015
Everyday involved playing games and having fun with different groups of people. I learned how to manage a positive attitude amongst wide varieties of people and being able to handle angry individuals. I also learned how to handle drunks and get them safely escorted from the premises. The managers I had were always fun and handled situations that arose effectively and quickly.
Pros
Free food, great benefits, great employees, frequent breaks
Cons
Terrible coorporation that focuses on money and not the well-being of the employees.
great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 17, 2015
love meeting new people and keeping everyone safe. loved working graveyard. security is this best job to have
great benefits with ok pay
Great Experience
High Limits Host / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 12, 2015
Working at Harrahs Casino introduced me to working with customers face to face to resolve requests and disputes up front in a fast paced environment. The co-workers were all great and management staff. The most challenging time was during the busy holiday, which was packed with customers. and very noisy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with our customers directly and building relationships.
Pros
Noisy and bad air quality from smokers
Cons
Customers and staff
Entertaining
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSAugust 10, 2015
Threw out my 17 years of employment with Harrah's I really enjoy working with a lot of people. I learn a lot of games. And the hardest part of being employed with Harrah's is the day we found out we were closing and the day we actually close.
Friendly poker room, pleasant atmosphere, best coworkers.
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSAugust 6, 2015
Was a great poker room, had several different managers, last being Steve Reed., Company benefits, insurance, upper management visiting poker room almost daily made us seem an integral part of the casino.
fun and exciting place to work
Retail Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 6, 2015
I really enjoyed my work. I oversaw the inventory for 4 retail property gift stores. Out of 93 properties at the time, I was at the top for best monthly numbers and the least shrinkage. I won the president award. Followed floor plans and did all displays. Enjoyed working with numbers and the challenges
Pros
Salaried Employee, Mon-Fri job
Cons
always short of staff, had to relieve staff for breaks alot and stop my work
Casino Environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 5, 2015
Good company to work for, but the hours are horrible depending on the job you apply for. The casino is open every day of the year so be prepared to work weekends and holidays.