Harrah's Entertainment Inc.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employer Reviews

Exciting & rewarding, a great place to work
Asian Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Chester, PADecember 2, 2013
Pros: excitment of the job, lunches, the people
Cons: demanding work schedule
Everyday is filled with excitement, strategy, lots of money, and a great way to relieve stress. You never knew what was going to happen from one minute to another. The most enjoyable part was the player's reactions to each hand. The hardest part was watching people making bad decisions and losing lots of money.
THERE WAS NEVER A DULL MOMENT!!!!!
Wonderful company to work for
Housekeeping Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IANovember 29, 2013
Great company with a great sense of team work. A 24/7 job but worth it.
Productive and fun
Assistant Casino Manager (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 27, 2013
Pros: learning environment
Cons: n/a
Great place to get in on the ground floor. Learn a lot about all the different type of games along with the beginning levels of management.
Great Place
Regional PBX Operator (Former Employee), Robinsonville msNovember 25, 2013
I enjoyed my job as well as my coworkers it's a great advancemnet place to work
Very interesting place to work. Something different to see everyday.
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IANovember 21, 2013
Pros: good paycheck
Cons: rotated shifts the first few years i worked there.
Each day was a new experience. People coming and going from the casino, nightclub activity, and convention activities create a busy, non-stop day at work. You have to learn to pay attention to your surroundings and become a people watcher. Management becomes an important part coordinating all efforts with state police and security. The hardest part – more... of the job was being able to multi-task. You could be watching security approach a intoxicated patron, watching a high roller on a table game and watching a particular person for a potential drug deal. You had to work in conjunction with your co-workers. Everyone had to be on top of their situation and still be able to help your co-worker with theirs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping to keep someone safe and having a good time, as well as detering criminal activity. – less
Very Great place to work
Chef De Cuisine/Banquet Chef (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MSNovember 21, 2013
Pros: great reward programs for employees
fun, fun, fun
This was my greatest run with banquets.
management team was great.
very great co-workers
firing people
just enjoyed the workplace
Low pay but great hours
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSNovember 20, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: expensive benefits, low wages
It was a fun job but not something to raise your family on in regard to wages. Expensive benefits.
"Dinosaur Employees"
Dealer (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 19, 2013
Pros: edr food is decent
Cons: no continuity in management rules and styles
Don't have a problem with older generations, yet I do have a problem with the bad attitudes they bring to the table. I worked with several dinosaur employees who just had a bad daily attitude that just ruined it for most customers and fellow employees. I don't like work just as much as they do, but sometimes you have to bare and grin it. I enjoyed the – more... experience but wouldn't entertain working amongst employees with sour grapes for breakfast. Most senior management catered to these lifeless and long term employees, bending rules and regulations because they were all grandfathered from days ago when rules didn't exist at Harrah's. – less
evs management is terrable
cleaning dept (Current Employee), Cherokee ,NCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: great 401k and insurance
Cons: treatment is terrable
Evs management is awful as most evs employees will tell you. Very uneducated and uncaring . Does not show good leadership at all. Hard work goes unnoticed. Spends more time playing on his phone than on the floor . Firing people based on his likes rather than their performance.
Fantastic Work Place
Dual Rate Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IANovember 18, 2013
Loved my job, people and guests!!
Going to work was like going to a party every night. Managment did a great job of making sure that we was there to have fun. The hardest part of my job would have to be the hours. but other than that there is nothing bad I can say about working at Harrahs.
Poor Management
Worker (Current Employee), Chester, PANovember 16, 2013
Pros: nothing
Dont care about their employees
Poor benefits
no breaks
New manager states does doesnt like or listen to Women
Great
Sales and Marketing Lead Distributor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2013
Pros: free meals, allowed to work as many hours as needed to get the job done
Cons: healthcare
Great relationship with my co-workers and management. I received outstanding performance reviews for my entire 5 years. management allowed me to fully take control of my department without micromanagement.
I loved that job!
Credit Executive (Former Employee), Joliet, ILNovember 14, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: distance from home
I really enjoyed that job because I liked the entertainment and the people were enjoyable to work with. A typical day at work was to open credit accounts for customers, advance money to credit players, and increasing and decreasing credit lines to credit players as appropriate. I learned many things in this business some of which follow, learning how – more... to read credit reports and how to distinguish who should be approved for credit. My experience with management has been a supervisory position over thirty cage tellers. It was enjoyable working with my co-workers and I got along really well with them. The hardest part of my job was to refuse someone credit when they requested. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the public. – less
I liked the benefits and money
Beverage Server (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 9, 2013
Pros: great co workers and good hours
Cons: slow nights and drunk people
. I loved the music they played in the casino, also seeing all the famous people.
Busy office environment. Able to work with Executives and schedule travel and meetings.
Executive Assistant, Sr. VP of Marketing (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2013
Pros: .enjoyed working with the staff.
Cons: not given enough work that i was capable of doing
Administrative support for executive level management.
Travel, MS Office, minutes, maintained calendars, inventoried office supplies and equipment.
I enjoy being given extra work and learning new things about the company and my department in order to be an important part of the team.
Please see Skills and accomplishments in Resume.
bad coorporation
Escort guests (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJNovember 7, 2013
were just a number. people were friendly. management viewed you as just a number
This casino taught me a lot about the business
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 7, 2013
Pros: good culture, great employees
Cons: salaried
Watch dealers and guests, customer service.
Showed me how to better myself to make a promotion easier.
Management was great, hands on with teaching.
Coworkers were friendly and experienced.
Hardest was standing all day.
Best part was sharing stories with people from all over the world.
Dont meet anyone here
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Joliet, ILOctober 27, 2013
I meet my husband here and even let management know we were dating and they had no clue. We kept our professional life separate from home life. Well they must have starting caring because my hours got cut to 8 a month and he got full time. I decided I would leave so he could stay.

Managers don't know audits so if you need help they can't help. One – more... lead there doesn't even know excel and would delete stuff and get the next person in trouble. – less
The salary is Good
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), Chester, PAOctober 27, 2013
Cons: customers smoking in your face, while i'm doing my job.
I learned a lot about at Harrah's, The job taught me how to WOW my customers.
Fun and energetic place to work.
EVS Manager (Current Employee), Cherokee, NCOctober 25, 2013
This is a fun place to work with lots of room for advancement.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Photos