Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employee Reviews

surrounded by great people and opportunities
gra/heavy duty/laundry truck driver (Former Employee) –  Tunica, MSJanuary 26, 2017
at harrah a typical daily based work day consisted of basically keeping the hotel maintained and cleaned through out the day.management was ok for the most part somethings could have been better but thats with any job.hardest part of the jobs was when we needed linen to turn over our rooms and there were none due to laundry issues,break downs and shortage of workers.like any other job most enjoyable part was going on lunch break with friends and completing that days work heading home..i learned that team work only really matters when you have a strong team of workers thats willing to put in the same work effort as you..all in all it was a good ride..
Valet Driver (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2017
good vibes great people a lot of fun going on all the time nice people to talk great energy a lot of helpful staff wanting you to be successful in everything that you do
Fun Work atmosphere
Retail Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I was let go due to pregnancy in late 2015.
I believe there was favoritism in the work place but it was an overall learning experience
Fun work place
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJanuary 25, 2017
Best experience of my life. If it wouldn't have been for my family being so far away I would have stayed with them. Hardest part of the job is working holidays or not getting the time off for special occasions.
Professional
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 22, 2017
This was a quite job. We were monitoring employees exchanging full money cans to empty ones. This is done in the very early morning hours.

This is a fine job. There is a lot of walking to and from the job and once you are at work. It requires a lot of standing.

Overall, it was ok.
Pros
Profession enviornment
Cons
not enough hours
no life
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 21, 2017
If you want to be married to your job, this is the place for you! No holidays or weekends, changing shifts whether you agree or not, and a lot of turnover in management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing co-workers.
Pros
pays well
Cons
shift work, management
Was not here long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 19, 2017
I was not here at this job long, but it was a nice place to work. You get to interact with people all around and I was able to make tips once i moved to the main floor. Unfortunately i got fired because I was "stealing time" by just sitting on the clock once I finished all of my duties. I wish I was able to stay here, but it was a lesson learned.
Harrahs laughlin is an exciting and fun place to work
Total Rewards Representative (Former Employee) –  laughlin, NvJanuary 16, 2017
I recommend Caesars entertainment, all workers in every department are friendly and helpful, if you like excitement it is a great place to work and grow
Pros
good benefits, have employee buffet in edr, wonderful group of people
Cons
nothing negative
Harrah's Entertainment
Executive Host (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Great Job to Have If you like people and making them happy if you have the gift of gap,, this job is for you, family like atmosphere from customers and employees, loved every minute of this job.
Pros
Great People to be around
Cons
It takes you away from your family at the important times.
Not a great place to work if you are a supervisor
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJanuary 9, 2017
working for Harrah's is noting like they say they are. They don't care about the employee. The laughlin property is out of date and the management team they have in place there is running it into the ground, it gets worse everyday.
Enjoyable, disciplined, and comfortable place to work.
EVS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39530January 8, 2017
My job was very satisfying every day, my coworkers liked to work as a team, helping each other, and my manager was always respectful and was a good listener of every employee's questions or concerns.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that the company trusts the employee and his or her capabilities, so it fosters freedom when working. It also motivates the employee to do an excellent job.
There was nothing difficult in my experience working here. I learned a lot about discipline, punctuality, and how to enjoy working in a friendly manner as well as training my social skills with customers and guests.
Rewarding, quick paced environment.
STARBUCKS BARISTA (Current Employee) –  151 N. Joliet St, Joliet IL 60435January 7, 2017
Typically during the week it is rather slow in the Starbucks. On the weekends it pick up. WE have several responsibilities for the upkeep of the outlet such as, changing sanitation water and rags, refreshing retail items as well as ready to eat items, maintaining cleanliness of guest areas, refreshing ingredients as they deplete, stocking back of house items, etc. I learned a great amount of time management skills as I often had to close the outlet which must be done in a timely manner. Management changed greatly while I was there. Our original manager was hardly attentive enough. We were severely understaffed in the beginning and are now overstaffed. Despite the promise of a regular schedule I have received several different shifts and a constantly changing daily schedule. The most difficult part of the job is managing the vast amount of tasks expected to be done busy or not. The best part though, is when a guest becomes a regular because you have made their day a little better in the simplest way.
Pros
We are usually tipped well and the customers are fairly regular which means not much is unexpected.
Cons
There is no paid holiday and no shortened hours on holidays.
Fun and busy
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2017
Great customer service, mamnagement was excellent ,very friendly and helpful co-workers and the hardest part about the job is seeing a unhappy customer and the enjoyable part was meeting so many people from different states.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Split tips
Valet Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 5, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly environment. Good Hours. Get paid every week. You get a lot of hours. It's always busy. Decent food. You get a free lunch.
Fun place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cherokee, NCJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work involves issuing radios to gaming hosts and beverage servers. Updating edits for early outs to keep payroll maintained. Tracking inventory, issuing ear pieces. This also involves answering phone notifying supervisors of any problems. I work in the main department of the Casino that maintains the workers time.
Benefits
Cons
Harrah's was a fun becouse it was the opening
Executive Sous/Buffet Chef (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70130January 2, 2017
Harrah's was quit challenging because it was the grand opening and there was no stability. We went through 3 managers in six months while trying to develop a concept. What I did learn from Harrah's was how to manage a crew of 20 or more of women and men.
Very good work place to work
Hotel runner (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSDecember 28, 2016
Its a good workplace to work at because u meet so many people because i worked n the hotel@ they loved their employees because when they had car shows they let us work extra hrs buy the fun park for the employees they jst was good at rewarding their workers an was not pleased to hear we were closing but i loved everything about them
lost of experience gained
Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2016
In my few years with Harrahs I learned the many aspects of customer service, reservations, training, quality control, human resources, and operations.
Harrah's Entertainment is a solid company.
VIP Bartender (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSDecember 14, 2016
The company was an amazing corporation to work for. The hardest part of the job is travel if you work in the surrounding areas. I enjoyed being a team member with the company. The ability to work and travel was amazing as well.
hard work
Guest room Attendent (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 6, 2016
employees were nice, the work was hard had to clean alot of rooms, on a time schedule.hours were giood pay was ok,they feed us for luch ,breaks were good ,friendly people.
Pros
free luch
Cons
staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrah's Entertainment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.