Harrah's Entertainment Inc.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Employer Reviews

fun,great work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: fun, great
Cons: n/a
fun,great work place everything taken care of no rude employees and nice pools
Constructive
Cashier/Host (Current Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: meeting new people on a daily basis, being able to create relationships with returning guests, lunch on property, room to advance
Cons: organization between departments of te whole company is poor
Harrah's is a wonderful place to work. They have multiple opportunities to advance within the company. Incredible benefit program. Management is very attentive to our needs. Co-workers are all wonderful people. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating memorable experiences not just for our staff, but for our guests as well.
Gaming industry
Database Specialist (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJFebruary 13, 2014
An enjoyable company to work for. The job culture is relaxed but not too open to suggestions.
A Decent Hotel and Casino to Work At
Table Games Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, free meals
Cons: no support from management
A very repetitive job with a lot of demands. Management does not care about their employees as they would like you to believe.
C-workers were team players, good benefits
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Laughlin, NVFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good benefits, nice customers
Cons: permanent company-wide lay-off
Management had open door policy, co-workers got along, nice place to work.
Security Lead Officer (Current Employee), Council Bluffs, IowaFebruary 8, 2014
Supervised hourly security guards when supervisor was on his days off. Leared the State POLICIES REGARDING GAMBLING.
Productive and a fun place to work for and people are so friendly
Internal Temp (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: ability to learn a new and work in a new department
Cons: hardly any
Harrahs is one of the best companies to work for i Southern California.
Awesome Place to Work.
Back Stage Grill-Chef (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: employee dining room with free salad/sandwich bar 7 flat screens and 8 computers for you to use
Cons: sometimes it was hard to get breaks on busy days
What can I say? Harrah's will always hold a special place in my heart. I love their EGE(everyone greats everyone) policy. From the time you walk in the doors to work until the time you leave everyone speaks to you and are very friendly. I loved that working in the kitchen I had control over my shift and how the night went. It feels good to have people – more... look to you when things need to get done. Hardest part was having to leave the company. Honestly if I hadn't moved I would've been a lifer with ALL the opportunities the have for advancement. – less
Worst place I have ever worked!
Prefer not to say (Former Employee), CherokeeJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: management refuses to be concerned with what is going on under their noses, employees constantly come and go as their are no employee retention efforts, managers play favorites, employees are not considered an asset, not worth the benefits at all when you are not considered an asset or even a human being.
Use to be the best place to work, my how things change. If you are good at kissing up and doing nothing, then this IS the place for you as the company seems to want that rather than people who can make a difference by being the best at their job. If you work hard and prove yourself, you DO NOT have a chance here. So if you get hired, the requirements – more... are to make sure you do nothing, play on the internet all day and kiss up to everyone, you'll go very far! – less
Chips, Cards and Cash Is The Name Of The Game
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), East Chicago, INJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, benefits, overtime pay
Cons: standing all day, smoke
As a Cage Cashier, you are to be and stay aware of many things. Fake bills, checks and chips while giving great customer service and clearing your drawer every night. The job demanded a lot physically but the atmosphere is enjoyable.
many different hats i had
Casino Service Supervisor at Roadhouse (Former Employee), Robinsonville, MsJanuary 14, 2014
*help front line
*assist any customer problems
*schedule
*answering emails from guest
Harrahs Metropolis was a good place to work but management position are difficult to get
Front Desk/PBX/Rooms Controller/Trainer (Former Employee), Metropolis, ILJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: harrahs invests in you as a manager to successed. wonderful employee development program
Cons: very stressful working environment
I worked at Harrahs Metropolis for almost 2 years and worked in 3 different areas in the hotel. It was a great learning experience into large hotel operations...but, if you are considering trying to work your way up into management, you better hope you are in the clique, otherwise, forget it! They bounce their managers around from department to department, – more... so you have no chance you will beat one of them out for a position. I transferred to another property, where I was offered a management position right away. – less
Absolutely Amazing!!!!
Internal Communications/Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Valley Center, CAJanuary 8, 2014
I loved working for Harrah's Rincon Casino and Resort. The training, growth and commitment to the employees was wonderful. I have never worked in any environment that promoted employee success. It starts with management, and the senior team at this property was amazing. I would work for Harrah's again in a heartbeat. If I didn't live in Nebraska.
Nice place to work
Retail, cashier (Former Employee), Metropolis, ILJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: easy job, meeting new people
Cons: low pay
Get to work with the public and meet the interesting people. Always something going on.
Management was great really will work with you.
Challenge yourself
Hotel Operations and Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Council bluffsDecember 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Harrah's Entertainment has always been fast pace place to work. Opportunity for advancement was never an issue, and if you are willing to put in the extra time and leg work the company would reward you with recognition and promotions.
Great place to work.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Tunica, MsDecember 30, 2013
I improved my customer service skills while balancing a bank.
This was my favorite place to work.
Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 27, 2013
Fun job and really helped me love what I do. Great management and coworkers whom I am still close to till this day
Fun and exciting place to work
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee), New OrleansDecember 21, 2013
This was one of the best jobs I have had. I worked with some wonderful people, I have met so many different people who has touched my life. A typical day at the casino would have been like being in Vegas, you would see many different celebrities. It was a real entertaining job and I loved it.
fast pace job, moved up in the company quickly. Spened a lot of time away from family.
SLOT MACHINE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), East Chicago, INDecember 20, 2013
Pros: good pay. room to grow in company.
Cons: spend a lot of time way from the family
The fastest of all the work paces. I would provide customers with change , pay outs and any other request the guest needed. I learned to pay attention to money, peoples behavior, and requirements of work. Management changed every day.Co workers where focused on providing the best service we could for the customers. The hardest part of the job was working – more... so much away from the family through holidays and personal events. The most enjoyable part was providing a good service and the peers recognizing it . – less
Dealing table games to players. Pit boss responsibilites
Table Games Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee), East Chicago, INDecember 12, 2013
Started in an entry level position, promoted to Roulette school. Dealt roulette to players, promoted to Pit Boss and made sure the chips were always full on the tables, rated player game play issued comps responsible for making quick decisions. Coached and taught dealers games.

Harrah's Entertainment Inc. Photos