As Harrah's Beverage Supervisor, you are responsible for the overall operation of the Casino Bars (Beverage) Department (including snack bars and special events) on your assigned shift while creating a great time for our guests and ensuring excellent service is delivered by the Beverage staff.
- Minimum of three years Beverage supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of wines and mixology required.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, leadership, communication, team-building and problem-solving skills are required.
- Equivalent of two (2) years college within a related field.
- Supervisory and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of all phases of Beverage Administration, cost control, and familiarity with all phases of Beverage service.
- Must possess good customer service, employee relations and leadership skills.
- Must have good analytical abilities.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors and maintains beverage cost control methods and procedures.
- Makes procedural recommendations and ensures enforcement of existing policy.
- Prepares methods and procedures whereby beverage cost and supplies can be requisitioned and charged to each individual area.
- Calculates the daily volume of business and prepares statements.
- Ensures that the Beverage Department maintains hours and costs relating to staffing as required by business levels.
- Prepares annual budget and business plans.
- Monitors appearance of all facilities and service areas and follows-up to ensure cleanliness standards are at the highest level.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always present oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourage others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Spends the majority of time interviewing, training, and selecting employees
- Conducts Performance Reviews
- Makes or recommends wage increases
- Makes or recommends promotions
- Provides for safety and security
- Handles employees' complaints or grievances
- Recommends disciplinary action or disciplines employees
- Plans work
- Supervises and monitors work
- Monitors legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino, including all food and beverage service areas.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations.
- Must be able to conduct conversations with customers and employees and speak distinctly and persuasively with others.
- Must have the ability to create written and financial reports.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Please check our website for detailed job descriptions and qualifications and submit your application at http://www.caesarsjobs.com and follow us on Facebook @Harrah's Rincon Employment.