Harrah's Rincon Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company to work for
Promotions Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego CAAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work consists of speaking to guests and helping them with any questions or concerns they might have. I have learned how to navigate through the casino wide system to be able to provide extra services to guests, such as being able to look up offers, print cards, change account information, print food vouchers, write up promotional chips, and sell their reward credits for free play. I am also able to speak to guests about our Total Rewards visa, and all the benefits that come with the card. My co workers are amazing and we have so much fun when we are all together, guests would always see that and would want to join in on the fun! The hardest part of my job would be having to work with guests who are upset about certain situations, but we would always get it worked out. The most enjoyable part of my position would be the themed events, being able to dress up and have a good time.
Real positive environment even at the most stressed out days
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 13, 2015
Usually when I clocked in it was really busy. I learned to be a team player, how to keep my composure. The management was the best in all circumstances. My co workers were great, always had positive attitudes. When it would be concert night (Jamie Foxx for example) the restaurant would be packed and there would be a hour waiting list a lot of customer would be upset and I would help turn that frown upside down by communicating with them and putting humor into it. I enjoyed everything with the job knowing that I was a big assistance to the main servers really made me commit to this job until I decide to go into the service.
fun!
Income Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJuly 6, 2015
this place is fun and friendly to work for due to the big company where you meet new people everyday and staff is really nice and helps in everyway they can, good benefits.
Great benefits
SOUS CHEF (Current Employee) –  Valley Center, CAMay 30, 2015
Unfortunately my work is very far from my home and I feel like I have wasted two hours of my daily life commuting to and from work and I would like to find something closer to my family.
Pros
Recognition
Cons
Very difficult for company to recruit good workers.
Very fast paced work environment
Countroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAMay 30, 2012
A typical day consisted of me counting and processing all the money going through the casino. I as responsile for machine maintenance, running MPS machine,opening toke bags,opening table games,jackpot and poker tables,opening and verifying bill validator boxes. Work environment was pretty, due to the intensive security measures involved while handling money. Hardest part was driving an hour way then working 15 hour shift, and then driving another hour back home. Most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits, very good pay and excellent healthcare.
Pros
free soft drinks and cappuccinos
Cons
long commute, extremely long work hours
Family oriented work-place
Table-games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAMay 23, 2014
There was very supportive from the management and co-workers. It was never end to learn from every aspect of the job. Besides, the most enjoyable part of the job was interact with customers.
Table Games Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJune 14, 2013
If your looking for opportunity to grow in a company, it doesn't get better than Harrah's.
Pros
relaxed work environment, room to grow, great senior management, variety of jobs
Cons
management can be hit and miss, smoke environment, schedule.
fun place to work
Steakhouse & Oyster bar Chef (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2012
had a great time working there, learn a lot, especially in management, that is the beauty of Harrahs, they will give you the tools required for the job and will teach you.
At the time we had a great team in place
If you enjoy working with poeple, than this is the place for you.
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day at work is everyday is diffrent. you are given training to handle any situration, customer's or emergency.
Pros
hotel discount at other harrah's casinos. pay time off.
Cons
be careful as to what you said to co-worker, friends and customer.
loved working there it was very fun
Facilities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAOctober 15, 2012
Overall harrahs was a great place to work for you can go to vegas and stay at there hotal there.
Pros
good healthcare and benafits and working nights for me.
Cons
lunch at night there was not to good food was dry.
LOVED working here
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAApril 13, 2012
I loved working at harrahs, but I was only 18 and I decided to go to school so I quit.
Pros
great people and awesome environment
Cons
really busy

4.3