Drivers are responsible for pickup and delivery of products and equipment to customers in a safe and time efficient manner.
1. Assist dispatcher with planning route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
2. Deliver and pickup products to customers and get receiving tickets signed.
3. Maintain contact with dispatcher via radio and telephone on a continuous basis and report any delays or problems.
4. Maintain truck mileage log as required by DOT regulations.
5. Perform routine inspection on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment. Document pre-trip and/or post trip inspections when applicable.
6. Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
7. Unload products, via donkey if required, at customers’ sites.
8. Provide customer service any time it is necessary.
9. Complete paperwork required by customer or Harrell’s.
10. Secure load prior to each run.
11. Must represent Harrell’s in a positive manner at all times.
12. Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local ordinances affecting this position.
13. Ensure compliance with all Company policies and programs.
14. Maintain valid licenses, certifications and/or permits required to perform responsibilities.
15. Ensure timely processing of system information and proper documentation concerning inventory transactions (shipments, transfers, receipts, changes in cost/price, etc.).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
2. Two years’ experience as a driver preferred.
3. Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
4. Must show good knowledge of geographical area to facilitate efficient routing.
5. Ability to drive a donkey to unload materials.
6. Must maintain a current and valid CDL license and physical certification. (Class A License)
7. Must have a clean driving record.
8. Ability to read directions and a street map to plot delivery if necessary.
9. Ability to maintain driving hours log.
10. Able to carry out a series of work instructions without constant supervision.
11. Must be able to lift up to sixty pounds regularly in order to load and deliver products.
12. Ability to tip and roll a three hundred pound drum of chemicals.
13. Ability to communicate effectively.
Harrell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.