This position is responsible for building and maintaining potential and current customer relationships. Daily tasks include assisting business and individual customers with their daily banking transactions.
Job Functions and Key Responsibilities:
1. Customer Transactions: Accountable for processing deposits, loan payments, cashing checks and meeting all daily deadlines. Issuing cashier’s checks, traveler’s cheques, debit cards, check ordering and meeting all customer needs.
2. Opening/Closing Personal and Business Accounts: Ensure that all accounts opened are in compliance with bank guidelines. Having background knowledge of accounts to answer customer questions and make sure accounts best suited for the customer are opened.
3. Certificates of Deposit: Opening and closing CD’s. Making the monthly CD maturity phone calls. Answering rate shopper’s questions by means of bank phone standards.
4. Security: Being the frontline in maintaining the banks protection from fraudulent activity. Responsible for implementing the banks procedures and policies with all customer transactions.
5. Customer Service: Greeting customer at the door and assisting them promptly. Answering and researching customer questions and getting back to customers in a timely manner.
6. Keep inventory of office supplies and give to operations specialist to reorder when necessary.
- Ability to work independently to solve customer issues and problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Word; Prior experience with Jack Henry software a plus.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the retail banking field.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in customer service field.