harrington hospital Employee Reviews

good
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 1, 2017
good place to work. Friendly staff. Helpful managers. Pay is good. Fairly busy E.D. and I.C.U. Two campuses to rotate through and there is overtime if you want it.
Stay away from Dietary!!!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAMay 8, 2017
The Manager of Dietary is an uneducated individual. He should not be holding that position. Human Resources is just as bad. Stay away from Harrington memorial. Find another Hospital to work for.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Administration and H/R Sucks
Fair place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAMarch 10, 2017
Poor senior leadership support. Nursing understaffed and overworked. Big issues with accountability with many senior leaders and some management staff. But employees are very supportive of each other and very helpful.
Pros
Great supportive employees
Cons
Expensive health benefits, low or no raises, poor leadership
Pays well, good team
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAMarch 7, 2017
Been a tough year but a pretty good place to work. Patients are great and positions are salaried, not fee for service so regular pay. New behavioral health management team started at the beginning of 2016 and been working to turn things around. Things are slowly changing, hard for us clinicians to manage full caseloads and wait lists but that's true in outpatient everywhere. Management has open door policy, other clinicians are good coworkers. Annual raises, gift card at the holidays, training reimbursement. Would recommend it.
Pros
Good team, nice boss
Cons
Need more staff, medical record
Outpatient Behavioral Health
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  MassJanuary 23, 2017
Overworked, no support, unethical. They care more about the dollar than the patients. This is managment, most of the Clincians and doctors there are good, as good as they can be when under an extreme amount of stress.
Pros
Salary better than most
Cons
Horrible work life balance
Chart grant not best place to work
Chart grant worker (Current Employee) –  Southbridge maMay 12, 2016
Most of the team are pleasant but the management is excluded. Rules change from day to day then you get in trouble because director forgot to let you know. Rather bizaar.
Pros
Salary and patients and some co workers
Cons
Management doesn't seem to have a handle on things then blames staff
Great Experience
Nursing Internship (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAJanuary 30, 2016
Working at Harrington Hospital was very informative. I learned a lot in my short time working there including medication administration and different types of patient care techniques.
Pros
Knowledeable staff
Cons
Short staffed most of the time
Good co workers
Bottom of the barrel (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Don't expect any raises. Enjoyed working with my co workers that's about it. They want you to pick up more of the work load but expect absolutely nothing in return.
Pros
Cons
No pay raises period
love being a phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAApril 1, 2015
its like that saying, you never have to work a day in your life, I fully enjoy what I do for a living. I enjoy meeting new people, helping others.
administration is disappointing
counselor (Former Employee) –  outpatientNovember 9, 2014
I agree with what another reviewer wrote....that the administration cares more about the amount of work rather than the quality of work. you can be fired for not making productivity even if your skills are reviewed to be excellent, you are loyal, your paperwork is done on time, you are valued by your coworkers and your clients find the therapy to be helpful. It is very disheartening. However, the salary and benefits are equal to or better than what is available in the area. The most enjoyable part of the job is the actual work you do with your client. The least enjoyable is the supervision, whether it be in a group or individual.
productive and fast paced
Printer (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAMay 7, 2014
Harrington is a very controled and fast paced place to work. Most of the employees and supervisers (department heads) are understanding at most points. There is a great demand for supply and delivery time. The hardest point of the job is to meet others expectations and to keep up with the fast pace of a rapidly growing organization being a one man operation.
Pros
earned sick and vacation time
Great place to work, Bad management
Transport (Former Employee) –  Southbridge MAMarch 25, 2014
I worked in transport for over a year and everyone was really nice and the job was great. Got to see a lot of things. But the manager was horrible she never knew what was going on and was always rude with out knowing it. she is really disconnected from her employees and terrible at spelling things.
Pros
Nice people, easy work, decent pay.
Cons
Terrible boss.
Productive and safe workplace
Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAFebruary 10, 2014
I set patients up for their sleep studies and collect data related to their sleep-related disorders.
A beautiful place to work!
EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAApril 3, 2013
First I would like to say working at Harrington Hospital was a wonderful place to be. I learned a lot and had great co-workers. I enjoyed working there because everyday my job duties kept me on my toes. I liked the fast pace and helping others. Some of the things that I learned while I was there was stress test, and Holters. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others. The hardest part of my job would have to be trying to obtain accurate vitals during a stress test however you get the hang of it. Everything and everyone at Harrington Hospital was a privilege for me to be apart of! I left due to relocation and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do because I truly loved working there.
Pros
working with wonderful people
Cons
i didn't have any bad exsperiences.
the work is very meaningful
counselor (Former Employee) –  Southbridge Wells CenterMarch 26, 2013
Administration is all about how many clients you can see, not about the quality of care you are able to provide. There is a lot of turnover given lack of support from administration at the counseling center.
Pros
learn a great deal and work with great clients and co workers
Cons
administration
to feel comfortable, and be happy in the work place.
Laundry Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MASeptember 13, 2012
1-my typical day is keeping busy, that way the day will go by fast.

2-I've learned that good team work is the key to a good day, and less stress.

3-follow instructions, given by Management,not fellow workers, and things should go well.

4-Listen to your co-workers, they may have good ideas, and work as a team.
5-I think the first few days, and getting to know the work place, is the hardest part of the job.

6-the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people.
Pros
making new friends
Cons
people that complain about their co-workers, to everyone.