Harrington Industrial Plastics Employee Reviews

Inside sales (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJune 5, 2017
I enjoy working with people very much, Being withHarrington was a great experience.learned a lot about prouduct knowledge,and the market place,overall it was fun
A difficult place to work
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2017
Challenging place to work with little to no training. Be prepared to learn on the job and fly by the seat of your pants. Poor leadership and training. Don't expect a performance review or raise any time soon.
Pros
Great 401K
Cons
Pay and advancement are slow to come if at all.
Great place to be
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 2, 2017
This is one of the best companies I've ever had the pleasure to work for. Working in the Denver branch, every carries the same goals. One big one being great customer service. Growth potential is there, for those that are willing to put forth the effort to learn more and grow as an individual. That will make us grow as a company!
Pros
Work environment is spectacular
Cons
Computer systems need some 21st century remodeling
Review
Supervisor - Scott Heckle (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2017
Excellent Company, very well managed as a whole. Of the over 50 branches nation wide, everyone works as a giant team to fulfill customer needs and wants.
Was a great company to work for!
Export Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 3, 2016
Of course it has been a long time (18 years) since I left Harrington but I have very good memories about its culture and overall management.
If Harrington is somehow close to the way it used to be...then it is a good place to work for.
Pros
Great overall people management with training
Cons
Was a bit far from the house when they moved to Chino
Productive work environment
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMay 8, 2016
This is a very laid back, but productive place to work. The co-workers and management are easy to get along with. The only issue is the delivery driver refusing to cooperate.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The delivery driver
It is an ok place to work
Warehouse Technician/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2015
The bosses here do not really care about anyone besides themselves, and they do things that they probably shouldn't be doing
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Bad bosses
Productive and friendly coworkers.
Product Data Specialist & Backup Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 1, 2014
Greeted by coworkers every morning in the break room while getting coffee, then off to my desk to start the day. Get settled at my desk, log into email and database, and then start working on part adds sent in from sales representatives in branches. I would research the information and confirm with vendors either online or over the phone, enter part number and information into database, and then send return email to sales rep confirming part add into system. Part adds would sometimes be all day tasks unless our Lead would give me an additional task, such as a vendor price change. Depending on effective date of vendor price change, it would take seniority over my day or days fro entering part adds. I would also be called by receptionist to cover the switchboard for breaks and lunches, if other receptionist was unavailable. .
Pros
Holiday luncheons/potlucks.
New business with very little work , due to Incompetent sales satff.
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee) –  Albany NYJanuary 1, 2014
The company has good Benefits.
Every other work factor was in a word; terrible.
The company decided to promote an uneducated moron to a warehouse management position.
The warehouse manager had with no people skills and was prone to fits of anger.
Typical days were spent with concerns of the mental stability of the warehouse supervisor.
I was written up and told I would be fired because I failed to preform jobs tasks that were not part of my job description. (Warehouse Driver)
I was NEVER told any positive aspect of my work performance. I spent nearly three years without any type of pay increase.
I was verbally abused (almost daily), whenever there was some sort of work related problem.
These factors were the basis of my decision to leave the company
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Managemnet team
Wonderful place to work!
Administrative Support at the Corporate location (Former Employee) –  Chino, CANovember 28, 2012
Harrington Plastics was a wonderful place to work. It was easy to grow and learn more while working there, with co-workers that were always willing to help. Everyone was always happy to be at work. My manager was very understanding when my kids got sick and I had to take them to the ER.
Pros
great co-workers, family oriented, great managers, good pay
Cons
expensive healthcare, not all locations are nice like the one i worked at
Great company
Filtration Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino, CaApril 18, 2012
Great Company, Great people, Great products. Room to advance, down side poor Management Skills at the CEO and National accounts level. Manage through intimidation and threats to Vendors who try and hire people away to advance there careers.
Pros
team enviroment
Cons
current ceo, current national accounts manager