Harrington Raceway & Casino

Harrington Raceway & Casino United States Employee Reviews

Customer service, Handling large amounts of money, fun workplace and environment
Similcast-Teller - Murphy's Bar (Current Employee), Harrington DEMarch 17, 2015
I stand in a window taking horse and football bets, I learned that the environment there is a steady pace but can be slow at times and I deal with some really great customers. Then management team is excellent and I could not ask for a better team than we have. All my co- workers are great and everyone gets along. They are all always up beat and happy which makes the work place more interesting and fun. The hardest part of the job is having to remember all the numbers and answering questions of all the different types of bets you can make, but it all comes naturally when you listen and pay attention to what is being said. I love my job there and the people I work with. The only thing wrong with it is I need to get more hours and would love to go full time but only part time positions are available so I do not get many hours at all.
Unless you want to live life on your knees this place isn't for you.
Security (Former Employee), Harrington, DEMarch 11, 2015
Pros: Some of the employees, free lunch
Cons: Management sucks, and how dare you call out because your sick
This place is horrible to work for. Management never knows what is going on. This place loves playing favorites. And if you have your opinion about something, you should just shut up now because they don't care. There is no sense of teamwork at all in that place. If you like kissing butt (couldn't use the proper term) then this is the perfect place for you. Oh and the pay sucks unless you want to be table games, because for some reason they get paid decent and don't have to work much at all, they all suck at life.

Sincerely a former employee that got tired of the bs that goes on there.
Nice place to work but the pay reate is just not fit for modern expenses
General housekeeping, Floors (Former Employee), Harrington, DENovember 6, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: payrate
I enjoyed working at the Casino . Positive place and good employees, but the pay rate just didnt match my daily expenses.
Enjoyable atmosphere, great management team and exciting
Croupier (Former Employee), Harrington, DESeptember 7, 2014
Pros: food, weight room and parking
Cons: hours
Great place to work, awesome management team, and associates work as a team. Customers have their moments as is normal for folks gambling. Good food, security, parking and weight room.
Fun and loving company. Willing to work with employees
Security Officer (Former Employee), Harrington, DEApril 21, 2014
Movie Gallery was an amazing company to work for. They treated they employees and most importantly they guests the utmost respect and care.
A friendly work environment that offers opportunity to grow.
IT Operator (Current Employee), Harrington, DENovember 19, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers and patrons, opportunity to learn in varying positions
Cons: schedules are based on shifts, have to work most holidays
Harrington Raceway and Casino offers a friendly work environment offering opportunities for professional growth in all departments.
Relaxed atmosphere and great place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Harrington, DEJune 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch or dinner, good benefits
The employees are like a family owned business. I looked forward to going to work daily, meeting new guests and seeing the regulars.
Our table games are diverse and enjoyable
Dual Rate Pit Manager (Current Employee), CasinoDecember 4, 2012
Pros: best dice crew in delaware, people enjoy our dice game because its fast and proficient
Cons: unable to keep our most proficient dealers, not table game orientated, not enough done for table players
The atmosphere is good and simple, we are assigned to a specific area after we sign in. We are assigned to our work area and get up dated on what ever is going on, if something unusual is going on the tables or the pits, I follow up with the shift manager or pit boss.
Everyone starts the shift in good spirit, some days are better than others. When we have high action, specially on the dice games, it gets a little difficult to maintain order sometimes due to customer attitude but I deal with it because after all this is a business and we want and need there action. I enjoy times where I handle these situations fast and effectively keeping the game going and keeping the customer happy because this assures repeated business.
fun workplace
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee), Harrington, DEJune 14, 2012
Pros: free buffet, frequent breaks, friendly people
Cons: fast paced and stressfull
I enjoyed working there, and wished I could stayed there. I liked the fellow employees, and the environment.

the hardest part of the job for me was adding the cards fast enough for the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I enjoyed meeting new people, and seeing repeat customers.