Harrington Raceway & Casino Employee Reviews

Horrible work enviorment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEApril 30, 2017
The bosses are constantly disagreeing with everyone and nothing is ever consistent with the job. i learned how to make some new foods.
You constantly have to clean up after other people who don't do their job.
Pros
free lunch
I would recommend this company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Harrington, DEOctober 17, 2016
This is a fast paced company! The managers expect your job to be completed in a timely manner and with efficiency. Patience is definitely needed due to some difficult patrons. Co-workers are great and friendly and will help to ensure you are trained well. The hardest part of the jobs here is ensuring you double check yourself every single time you do something. The casino wants to make money, not lose it. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with patrons and co-workers!
It can have slow periods, but mostly its an exciting, fun place to work.
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEJanuary 10, 2016
My most enjoyable part of the job was the excitement of people winning jackpots and paying them, and helping people have fun. A hard part of the job was the physical aspect of the continual pushing in of those heavy brass bottom chairs while walking the floor looking for lights.At times there seemed to be a lot of mandatory co. meetings,but its all a part of the job and we were paid for our time. Management is alright there. I must say in that co. I learned a lot about rules and procedures.
Pros
The job came with perts, like the free meal, co trips, parties, raffles & more
Cons
The full time job could be physically demanding at times
Excellent
Sales/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DENovember 30, 2015
Great place to work. Fast pace. Fun and exciting atmosphere. One on one contact with casino community. Very enjoyable casino setting. Always room to promote in the company. Excellent Managerial staff.
Pros
promotion
Bad job
Support Services Worker (Former Employee) –  harrington deApril 18, 2015
never ever ever ever ever ever work here. The pay sucks there are good people here but you will never advance in this place. you don't get paid your worth here believe me
Customer service, Handling large amounts of money, fun workplace and environment
Similcast-Teller - Murphy's Bar (Current Employee) –  Harrington DEMarch 17, 2015
I stand in a window taking horse and football bets, I learned that the environment there is a steady pace but can be slow at times and I deal with some really great customers. Then management team is excellent and I could not ask for a better team than we have. All my co- workers are great and everyone gets along. They are all always up beat and happy which makes the work place more interesting and fun. The hardest part of the job is having to remember all the numbers and answering questions of all the different types of bets you can make, but it all comes naturally when you listen and pay attention to what is being said. I love my job there and the people I work with. The only thing wrong with it is I need to get more hours and would love to go full time but only part time positions are available so I do not get many hours at all.
Unless you want to live life on your knees this place isn't for you.
Security (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEMarch 11, 2015
This place is horrible to work for. Management never knows what is going on. This place loves playing favorites. And if you have your opinion about something, you should just shut up now because they don't care. There is no sense of teamwork at all in that place. If you like kissing butt (couldn't use the proper term) then this is the perfect place for you. Oh and the pay sucks unless you want to be table games, because for some reason they get paid decent and don't have to work much at all, they all suck at life.

Sincerely a former employee that got tired of the bs that goes on there.
Pros
Some of the employees, free lunch
Cons
Management sucks, and how dare you call out because your sick
Nice place to work but the pay reate is just not fit for modern expenses
General housekeeping, Floors (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DENovember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at the Casino . Positive place and good employees, but the pay rate just didnt match my daily expenses.
Pros
very professional
Cons
payrate
Enjoyable atmosphere, great management team and exciting
Croupier (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DESeptember 7, 2014
Great place to work, awesome management team, and associates work as a team. Customers have their moments as is normal for folks gambling. Good food, security, parking and weight room.
Pros
Food, weight room and parking
Cons
hours
Fun and loving company. Willing to work with employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEApril 21, 2014
Movie Gallery was an amazing company to work for. They treated they employees and most importantly they guests the utmost respect and care.
A friendly work environment that offers opportunity to grow.
IT Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrington, DENovember 19, 2013
Harrington Raceway and Casino offers a friendly work environment offering opportunities for professional growth in all departments.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and patrons, opportunity to learn in varying positions
Cons
Schedules are based on shifts, have to work most holidays
Relaxed atmosphere and great place to work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEJune 6, 2013
The employees are like a family owned business. I looked forward to going to work daily, meeting new guests and seeing the regulars.
Pros
free lunch or dinner, good benefits
Our table games are diverse and enjoyable
Dual Rate Pit Manager (Current Employee) –  CasinoDecember 4, 2012
The atmosphere is good and simple, we are assigned to a specific area after we sign in. We are assigned to our work area and get up dated on what ever is going on, if something unusual is going on the tables or the pits, I follow up with the shift manager or pit boss.
Everyone starts the shift in good spirit, some days are better than others. When we have high action, specially on the dice games, it gets a little difficult to maintain order sometimes due to customer attitude but I deal with it because after all this is a business and we want and need there action. I enjoy times where I handle these situations fast and effectively keeping the game going and keeping the customer happy because this assures repeated business.
Pros
best dice crew in delaware, people enjoy our dice game because its fast and proficient
Cons
unable to keep our most proficient dealers, not table game orientated, not enough done for table players
fun workplace
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Harrington, DEJune 14, 2012
I enjoyed working there, and wished I could stayed there. I liked the fellow employees, and the environment.

the hardest part of the job for me was adding the cards fast enough for the job.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I enjoyed meeting new people, and seeing repeat customers.
Pros
free buffet, frequent breaks, friendly people
Cons
fast paced and stressfull