Harris & Associates

Harris & Associates Employer Reviews

Challenging
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: when assigned to project it is yours to manage, events internally help keep staff aligned.
Cons: communication barrier from top to middle management, do not work plan resources well for future assignments
Balance politics with enforcement of standards of practice. Manage the clients program/project.
Productive and relaxed enviroment
Foster Care Chaperone (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 15, 2014
First I would call my client the night before a pick up to confirm the pick up. The day of the pick up I would arrive the get the foster child, take the child to the destination, whether the parental visits or to the doctor and ensure thee safety of that child or children back to the foster care. The hardest about the job would be the not being able – more... to extend help. – less
Worked on several different education projects managing time and cost.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2014
Harris is a great company. Harris has been around for 40 years in the Engineering and CM field.
I very much enjoyed working directly with the children
Family Support Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 12, 2014
Pros: learning basics of child psychology, spending great time with happy children, able to make your own schedule
Cons: payment was 30 days after reports were turned in, no benifits, used personal vehicle
On a typical day I would make calls to arrange a visit, travel to pick up the children and we all would have a family visit.

I learned a lot about the different stages of development and understanding that children have and ways to help sooth them when they are upset about being separated from their natural families.

The hardest part was when the – more... visit was over and the children become upset and cry. I integrated a Hello/Goodbye game for the children and parents to practice in order to minimize the agitation to the children.

I most enjoyed to way the children would light up when they saw me because they knew that we were going for a family visit.

Management was very affable and very easy to communicate with. – less
Very busy, but productive days that have taught me a lot.
Student Intern (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2013
Pros: works well with my schedule.
Cons: no benefits.
Administrative Tasks (Running errands, Filing, Copying, Answer Phones, Scanning, Faxing, Scheduling Meetings, etc.), Assisted in Los Angeles City College moves alongside Relocation Move Managers, and Worked alongside Project Managers and Project Engineers.
Busy office working with civil engineers
Office Manager (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: i was always busy, day went by fast
Cons: supervising an employee with a lot of personal issues.
Answering phones and greeting visitors, creating statistic reports monthly and weekly. I learned about constructing roads and gutters and top soils, manager was helpful but very busy, co-workers pulled together to help, I supervised 1 employee after I was promoted to office manager. Most enjoyable was getting the filing caught up and the statistic reports – more... done on deadline. The hardest part was going to offsite city meetings to take notes and transcribe them into a report. – less
Construction Inspector
Construction Inspector (Former Employee), San Rafael and Kettleman CityMarch 4, 2012
Great experience working with Harris and Associates, Inc.
Great management team and great co-workers created environment and enjoyable work place.