Harris Connect Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Data Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 22, 2016
I was always in the midst of fantastic hard-working people with energy. This was a great employer to work for right out of college and I've learned so much there.
Pros
commaderie
Cons
salary
Productive work with inbound calls
Sales (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 5, 2015
Increasing job opportunity to work at home, but no interactive with coworkers. It's a pleasant work environment with emphasis sales through inbound/outbound phone calls. Customers would call in and I would update their information on the computer. Customer would then purchase or not purchase the merchandise being sold to them. The use of the computer and high technology skills were necessary to fulfill the job.
Nice people.
Fund Raiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2015
I worked in a Work at Home position my last year, which was great, not having to commute. Our shift also worked 4 10 hour days, meaning we always had a 3-day weekend.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2015
Good place to start off working in a call center environment. The pay was decent. The work was easy. The work culture there was ok.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2015
Answering calls, placing orders for customers. Placing calls to customer for orders,following up on orders, returns etc. Good environment work co workers were great.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great company with helpful employeers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 24, 2015
I loved coming into work everyday. You're always greeted with smiles, and everyone is very helpful and after the same goal! Co workers aren't in competition which makes the workplace a positive environment.
Pros
Rewards, Benefits, Commission
Cons
Scripted sales
Home based call center job
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VirginiaMarch 25, 2015
Make outbound calls to alumni to sell tribute book
The more calls you make the better chance you hit bonus
Little to no management, supervisor contacted via instant message
Hardest part was getting someone who has no knowledge of the product to buy
Most enjoyable part of job is being able to work from home
Pros
home based
Cons
fairly new project at the time so allot of set backs
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2015
Staff is friendly and very accommodating. Fast paced call center. Mostly inbound. paid training. You get to work from home which is amazing.
fun friendly place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VaFebruary 20, 2015
working with harris connect was lots of fun. we would update Alumni students records for the new upcoming Alumni books. The hard part would be to sell the books. They were very expensive books to sell. Most students didn't want to buy, just update. If we wouldn't sell a certain amount of books a week, we would get penalized.
Pros
fast pace work
Cons
no benifits, manditory overtime late evenings.
Productive work place
Customer Services Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day consist of taking inbound and outbound calls of alumni from High School, Colleges and Universities across the United States and Canada to update schools directories and sale books to individuals.

Want to know more about Harris Connect?

Ask a question
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 17, 2014
A typical day at HC was busy answering calls and helping customers with updating their biographical profiles.
I learned how to use a variety of software programs.
The management team was great to work for, they provided a positive work environment.
My co-workers were team oriented and pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job was getting customers to purchase Alumni books and Membership directories due to cost and also due to the social media.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people.
Awesome good and perfersional enviroment
Senior Marque Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Harris Connect was one of the best companies that I ever worked for. I was offered a management position within 6 months of employment and even though I was on the phone the majority of time I love interacting with different people
Very Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 2, 2014
This company was very unorganized. There were a lot of payroll issues.
Pros
great people
Cons
unorganized
A so-so company
Sales Representative/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2014
From what I recall, the co-workers and company location was one of the best things that the job offered. Everything else just seemed real negative to me. The training was so-so, and their sales quota were nearly impossible to meet because of the advancement of today's technology, etc.
Pros
co-workers, location to home
Cons
management, lack of advancement, company metrics, etc.
Who let's you wear shorts to work when it's hot and foosball in the lounge where people can take naps?!
Fundraising Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2014
I will say I will regret not coming to this company earlier in my career with a call-center. Their pay is very competitive for call center work, you never have to take work home, and management is crazy flexible unless you're an idiot.

I had a late schedule when I asked for it, and 4/10 shift on the publishing and fundraising departments, was allowed and encouraged to provide feedback regularly. The management is overall great, but of course you have your lazy lead or manager now and again.

This place is not clogged up with processes or paperwork, there is an easy attitude, but consistent with staff. There is really not much to even gossip about as the staff vapps indoors, wears jeans all week, and will happily let you work from home if you want...

Admittedly they have a huge shake-up where things got a little insecure about jobs and growth, but it was a strategic streamlining and now they are going to be doubling staff.

My pet peeve is lazy trainers all the way around in all the departments and coaching is a little inconsistent 1x week.
Pros
managment is great and comminicates well. very accessible and easy to talk to. fair compensation.
Cons
training is horrible, no effort, and they leads don't have any organization or follow though.
Excellent place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San AntonioApril 21, 2014
The SA office is great place to work. The entire management staff is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They are the epitome of professionalism and are always striving to maintain a positive/healthy culture. The sales agent role is just that, you have to sell in order to succeed. The mgmt staff will work with you and will do everything they can to make you a better salesperson/employee. I highly recommend HarrisConnect as an employer.
Pros
commission compensation/large cubicles
Cons
short breaks
great people, great culture
Director of Texas Contact Center (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2014
What a wonderful group of people to work with. Solid culture of support with a winning attitude. True team effort made everyday.
Pros
possitive culture
Cons
lack of stability
Good place to work if you are good at making telephone sales.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2013
I give it an A.

I won the $5000 Harris Connect Grand Opening in San Antonio, TX sales raffle. There were many monetary perks for making top sales. I worked there in 2006 through 2007. Afterwards, I moved back home to Ohio.

My team leader was a very good Team Leader, and is a Senior Sales Manager who I recommend.
Pros
pay, benefits, good learning environment, very nice cubicle space, good management, and dependable.
Cons
work hour changes due to business fluctuations sometimes with short notice.
Productive, casual environment
Human Resource Internship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 25, 2013
A decent company to get some entry-level experience. Although very small so no room to grow within the company. It was so small that it was great to get a sense of all of the different departments.
Always kept involved in company programs and activities
Team Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2013
Lot of fun sales contests and coaching
Value of behavior based coaching
Professional group of co-workers
Staying on top of new accounts
Rewarding high quality production
Pros
great corporate culture
Cons
sales pressure