Harris Connect Employee Reviews

It was a good sales job with a family type atmosphere
Sales Professional (Inside Sales) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229January 9, 2017
Great call flow and good projects made success easily obtainable. Hardest part of the job was finding a good pace for calls, that way you take the right amount of calls.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
short breaks
Did not last
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2016
I really enjoyed working from home with this company; however, my internet would not allow me to become successful with this company. It made it really easy to do the work while saving money not commuting
Cons
will not hire you again even if you had no control over the issue
Publishing Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2016
Selling alumni books to former students of different Colleges, High School, Universities, and Organization. Some of the management were great, some would say you need more training but did not train me. The people that I worked with would help, and I would help them too. We had parties, off on the holidays, 40 hour work week.
Pros
Wonderful co-worker
Cons
commission
Good work from home gig
Sales Representative I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2016
Typical day shift is mostly incoming sales leads for Alumni Books. There is some outgoing as well. Working from home is great. Management is very flexible.
What a productive and busy call center
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 4, 2016
A typical day at Harris meant from the time you logged on the phones were pretty much busy throughout the evening. Management really helped to ease the struggle with incentives, food, and bonus rewards.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
short breaks, life and work balance
Friendliest Workers.
Sr. Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
During my 7.5 years of employment with Harris Connect, I did learn valuable skills to strengthen my role and technique of professionalism. While the work was challenging at times, it did lead to camaraderie and friendships with my fellow associates.
Pros
friendships
Great company
Supervisor, Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 4, 2016
Unfortunately, the company assets were sold to another company in TX. Our jobs were eliminated. Otherwise, I would never have left.
It was a pleasure coming into work on a daily basics.
IT Sr. Help Desk Analyst/IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 10, 2016
Each day was always an unknown, with a fast-pace environment. I had to become a self-directed individual preforming multiple tasks to ensure limited downtime for home agents, upper management and other support staff. I was able to work well with others and they were always encouraging and there was the willingness to teach. I logically and effectively planned, organized and completed work requiring rapid turnaround time. I am very conscientious, calm under pressure, work well both independently and as part of a team.
Pros
Harris Connect was a great work environment, the employees were close knit and always provided support and encouragement to each other.
Cons
I do not have any cons about the commpany
Great company
Data Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 22, 2016
I was always in the midst of fantastic hard-working people with energy. This was a great employer to work for right out of college and I've learned so much there.
Pros
commaderie
Cons
salary
Management needs work.
SALES ASSOCIATE / CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXDecember 6, 2015
There are some anonymous youtube videos online that show the real harris connect.... Preachy Manager left multiple voice mails trying to make me change religions or asking about my religion. than asked quit responding to my messages asking about my schedule and she quit helping. Never responded to PMs or eMails.
Pros
Great Pay easy commission
Cons
Religious Manager Preachy
Productive work with inbound calls
Sales (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 5, 2015
Increasing job opportunity to work at home, but no interactive with coworkers. It's a pleasant work environment with emphasis sales through inbound/outbound phone calls. Customers would call in and I would update their information on the computer. Customer would then purchase or not purchase the merchandise being sold to them. The use of the computer and high technology skills were necessary to fulfill the job.
Nice people.
Fund Raiser (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2015
I worked in a Work at Home position my last year, which was great, not having to commute. Our shift also worked 4 10 hour days, meaning we always had a 3-day weekend.
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2015
Good place to start off working in a call center environment. The pay was decent. The work was easy. The work culture there was ok.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2015
Answering calls, placing orders for customers. Placing calls to customer for orders,following up on orders, returns etc. Good environment work co workers were great.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great company with helpful employeers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 24, 2015
I loved coming into work everyday. You're always greeted with smiles, and everyone is very helpful and after the same goal! Co workers aren't in competition which makes the workplace a positive environment.
Pros
Rewards, Benefits, Commission
Cons
Scripted sales
Home based call center job
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VirginiaMarch 25, 2015
Make outbound calls to alumni to sell tribute book
The more calls you make the better chance you hit bonus
Little to no management, supervisor contacted via instant message
Hardest part was getting someone who has no knowledge of the product to buy
Most enjoyable part of job is being able to work from home
Pros
home based
Cons
fairly new project at the time so allot of set backs
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2015
Staff is friendly and very accommodating. Fast paced call center. Mostly inbound. paid training. You get to work from home which is amazing.
fun friendly place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VaFebruary 20, 2015
working with harris connect was lots of fun. we would update Alumni students records for the new upcoming Alumni books. The hard part would be to sell the books. They were very expensive books to sell. Most students didn't want to buy, just update. If we wouldn't sell a certain amount of books a week, we would get penalized.
Pros
fast pace work
Cons
no benifits, manditory overtime late evenings.
Productive work place
Customer Services Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 5, 2015
A typical day consist of taking inbound and outbound calls of alumni from High School, Colleges and Universities across the United States and Canada to update schools directories and sale books to individuals.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 17, 2014
A typical day at HC was busy answering calls and helping customers with updating their biographical profiles.
I learned how to use a variety of software programs.
The management team was great to work for, they provided a positive work environment.
My co-workers were team oriented and pleasant to work with.
The hardest part of the job was getting customers to purchase Alumni books and Membership directories due to cost and also due to the social media.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great group of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Connect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7