Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

Challenging and interesting work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Palm BayJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Challenging work, outstanding co-workers
Cons: Pay is lower than industry peers
Difficult to get work assignments when first arrived. Need to take a lot of initiative and talk to a lot of people, but management was very helpful as well.
Lacking in the Work Life Balance
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 20, 2015
Need to work to get the equipment built right the first time to reduce travel to sites which has a direct effect on the work life balance.
pretty nice work environment
computer deployment specialist (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: There are some really great people to work with. You can learn a lot if your there long enough.
Cons: Management sometimes avoids conflict and doesn't always have honest communication when needed
Harris has a lot to offer fulltime employees but much for contract employees. Benefits for employees and quality of home and work life is always under fire. But if you are laid off from Harris they do try to bring you back into the fold.
solid technology and processes
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: respect for employees
Cons: little focus outside of defense contracts
Engineering driven company focused on whatever works. The small non defense portion of the company generally left alone to succeed. The best part was the collection of talent interested in making solutions happen.
Changing Rapidly
Mechanical Engineer III (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Interesting work, strong engineering culture, 9/80 schedule
Cons: Benefits costs rising, uncertain of future changes to 401k, benefits, 9/80
Interesting work with good low- and mid-level management. Top tier of management is making aggressive changes to benefits and company culture, arguably for the worse. Benefits costs have sky-rocketed in last 3 years, compensation has hardly budged by comparison.
Not what it use to be!
IT Network Systems Engineer, Network Engineering (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: 9/80 is great but may go away.
Cons: Bad morale, low pay increases, and poor management.
Basically with new CEO bottom line is the return. Little if any community activities anymore, much less any raises. The company hired a consulting firm to see why so many folks were leaving the company, supposedly folks at new company are leaving in droves. Management is just a puppet on some strings for the upper management cutting cost. Worked there for years but left when the bottom line was the only requirement. Be aware as it starts out fine then the headaches begin with not doing enough, pay raises stop, and life becomes hard, so be careful. Harris is not the Harris it was before, when talking to associates I use to work with they are very unhappy and seeking other jobs.
Work with interesting technologies
Software Engineer II (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Every other Fridays off
Cons: Working as government contractor or related activities
Majority of the work is government contract related.
Not a fun environment during government cut backs.
Work can be very tedious due to heavy processes.
Harris GCSD
Subcontracts Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJune 9, 2015
Harris provides advanced, technology-based solutions that solve government and commercial customers' mission critical challenges.
tight knit work environment
electrical test tech (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 2, 2015
Harris was a great company to work for. the crew that I worked with was a tight knit crew, who liked working hard and having fun at the same time
Professional environment
Engineering technician/Technical advisor (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLMay 20, 2015
A special project lab culture with constant opportunities to create and discover new ways of doing.
Daily tasks were to develop a usable product from a concept of what some team was trying to accomplish.
Provided technical advise on how to get to the prototype stage from the idea or concept they provided.
Great workplace with flexibile schedule.
Electronics Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Raises did not keep up with inflation.
Harris has been a great company to work. The work schedule was flexible and the management was great to work for. However, in recent years the raises did not keep up with inflation, and our health care costs went WAY up when the company was forced to cancel our "good" insurance because of ObamaCare. Most recent raise was more than wiped out by increased health care costs. Loved the job, but could not afford to stay.
Advancement slow, but a decent place to grow
Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Stable
Cons: Healthcare getting worse, bureaucracy
Harris is a large company that can seem stifling to your career at times. They seem to value loyalty over talent which is good for some, but not for all. Healthcare has been eroded over the past few years.
Old job
Technical Support Help Desk Sr (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 29, 2015
Nothing much to say about my first job. It was a fun place to work, co-workers were amazing and management was a hoot. I'd go back to them if I could.
Professional
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: work hard and play hard. occasional free lunch and group outings.
Cons: annual salary has not increased in three years
Professional work environment with hard-working people, and an enjoyable team of experienced professionals willing to help and learn from each other. I continue to enhance my working knowledge and have gained valuable experience. I have recently be promoted. I am proud to work along side such a group of knowledgeable professionals.
Great place to work, fast-paced and on the edge of new technology.
Contractor - Sr. Accountant/Cost Accountant (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: hi-tech industry, competitive, quality products, good people.
Cons: tough market for everyone but this industry is really tough.
Serious business atmosphere, good place to work but they are not hiring permanent positions which as a contractor I would prefer.
International Business Development Manager
Major Accounts Manager, Central and Latin America (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2015
Successfully led a BD team in exploiting strategic opportunities to gain market share from international competition.
Recognized leader in technology for Andean region
Fun to work there. Enjoyed my time there. Understanding management.
Student Programmer/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Kennedale, TXMarch 2, 2015
Student programmer. Learning atmosphere. Everyone willing to help me learn and correct my mistakes. Never made to feel inept. Good place to work.
Love them
SOFTWARE TEST ANALYST (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 2, 2015
There is no typical day at work, everyday come up with a new possibilities, new desire and unique outcome which some may call a typical day just because some task are almost same everyday such as : Login to work PC, checking emails, Attending standup meetings and share Yesterday, today and any problem might faced.

So far i have learn how to become a team player along with humbleness and calm at the – more... same time.

co-workers are as important as family, without them tram work not possible, and without team work no ship cant move ahead.

If the hardest part mean difficulties then its not in my book, no work is hardest as long as we are focus and dedicated to our task.

The atmosphere and the culture of the job in natural, technical and non technical might be in verge and it is a fun, more importantly there is a new technologies arise almost every moments and its just awesome to know about it.

Learning is the key to success in anything – less
High paced, exciting, ever changing atmosphere
Project Manager/Lead Network Engineer (Former Employee), Groton, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: variable work schedules
Cons: often sub standard military infrastructure
Address network issues, prepare upgrades, configuration, installation, customer interaction.

Plan, Coordinate, Schedule and perform system maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for Navy and Marine Corp Internet.

Challenging customer, short time tables,exciting.
Great company!
Technical Trainer (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAFebruary 23, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Harris Corporation. The management and overall environment are fantastic. My favorite part of the job is the people with which I work.
Headquarters