Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

Management and culture is horrible.
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 16, 2017
Very disorganized organization. Most people are unhappy and want to leave. Please don't relocate to work at Harris. Management is totally clueless. Lots of old boy network thinking here.
Great company
Assistant Manager of Corporate Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
Advanced telecommunications company. Intelligent leadership. Wish I could have stayed there. Great location, great people. Advancement difficult. Great benefits.
Terrific work environment
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 9, 2017
I would give the work environment a 10 out of 10. The people were terrific to work for and the location was great. If I had the opportunity I would work there again.
Good place to start after retiring in the military
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, HARRIS CORPORATION (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 6, 2017
Co-workers are willing to share knowledge and past experience, also very helpful in completing projects, Teamwork was very essential throughout the work place.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
short breakes
Productive place place always something different
Program Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2017
It was a productive work place. Some of the people were challenging to work with, but that is life. I learned a lot. I I liked the 9/80 time off for the summer. The time flexibility helped us with our work/life balance.
Pros
Challenging, productive, learning, goal oriented, customer driven
Cons
Didnt listen to employee relation complaints
Large company
Systems Integration and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJuly 30, 2017
Harris is a large company with a diverse workforce and many opportunities. They compete for business across the government and private industry. Many opportunities are available.
nice place to work
Senior Software Engineer/Lead for Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 27, 2017
Nice place to work. Nice people to work with and for.
Good hours, nice work environment, good cafeteria.
Good security and human resources departments
Challenging Place to Work - Good for building experience and skillset
Lead Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 24, 2017
Challenging Place to Work - Good for building experience and skillset. Sink or Swim culture - minimal training, need to be go getter and eager to learn on your own.
It's a ok place to work wouldn't. E my first chance
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Malabar, FLJuly 22, 2017
The lower level employees do most work and get the least pay new employee come in and make more than the employee that have worked there for many years. There's a lot of micro managing. HR department no help either. Benefits are not good at all just a stressful place to work if you are a lower level employee. If you are an engineer you got it made.
Pros
People you work with are great
Cons
Poor benefits, low pay, advancement, and HR is not your friend
Stressful
Senior Staff Engineer – Product Development (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 19, 2017
A typical day is full of stress and meeting.
The work is good but dated.
Too much of micro-management in the company.
The hardest part of the job is the unreachable schedule and time given to do your job.
The end product is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Missing the Exelis days
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJuly 17, 2017
Adjusting to the Harris way is tough for legacy Exelis employees. We are treated somewhat like stepchildren by corporate leadership. I would stay away from any site that has been acquired by Harris Corp.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Excessive workload
Day at work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJuly 12, 2017
There are a variety of cultures working at Harris. Ages and nationalities are all different. I enjoy working with the team I belong to in the calibration department.
Cons
Health Insurance
Great company to grow with.
Senior Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJuly 11, 2017
Harris is a mostly Govrnment contract company. They have sold many divisions to to mostly focus on that aspect. Benefits are great but raises and bonuses are very small. There is some job security because long contracts with the Government.
Pros
Benefits are really great, Possibility of long employment with long contracts, Many opportunities to move up in the company if willing to move, Education assistance is great.
Cons
Raises are pretty small and bonuses have been small or non existent, Company is driven more by stock holders needs and not employees
Harris
Web Developer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 5, 2017
Good company to work for. Nice people, good teamwork, strong support system, challenging work. The bad is the same at any big corporation that when it comes time to cut the budget anyone can get laid off.
Friendly Work Environment Mixed With Drive
Manufacturing & Quality Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  North Amityville, NYJuly 3, 2017
Driven, friendly, intriguing: Harris Corporation possesses the right mindset and productive drive to perform their duties to the best of their capabilities.
Poor management and no work/life balance
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 1, 2017
Departments are not adequately staffed and sufficient training is not provided. Poor work/life balance. Employees are expected to work while on vacation or taking time off. Management makes poor decisions and no effort is made to retain good employees. The HR department is weak and does not support employees in a fair manner. Definitely not the same Harris company it was 5 or 6 years ago.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance, weak HR and poor management.
Only been here a short time
Cyber Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2017
Do not want to sway any potential employees. I've only been here for a short amount of time and the position I'm in is nice. People are nice. But I do not have enough info to write a full review.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Malabar, FLJune 22, 2017
Good place to work but too relaxed in my opinion. They are very much in line with the U.S. government on being politically correct. They are nice people to work with and my supervisor was a good person to work for. The work load was low stress and they paid for my training so I could be IPC certified.
Pros
low stress
Cons
politically correct culture.
Great company to work for
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 18, 2017
Value their employees, good benefits, good career paths, challenging positions, great products, good tools, great management, 9/80 work week in the summer, matching 401k
Good Company for Experienced Professionals
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 14, 2017
I think Harris is a good company for most part. There is a lot of interesting work at the company. Most days at work are challenging and allow freedom to manage your own pace. I have learned a lot from my time and I think the job is really what you make of it.
Pros
9/80 schedule and extensive vacation time
Cons
Poor management and desire to retain to talent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.