Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

A great company to work for
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 8, 2016
I met so many good people at Harris corp. different learning opportunities are provided. great team and leadership. I would recommend it to other people.
Great place to work for
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYAugust 31, 2016
Never hire people fully on and the projects never last as expected always trying find work pay is ok this not a job or a career
Good company
Systems Integration and Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 5, 2016
From my experience, the company seems to care about keeping their employees happy. The work culture is very friendly and open, they encourage new hires to contribute from the start. Managements was willing to listen to any suggestions people had on making improvements. Overall, I would recommend working for this company
Harris Corporation employee review
Security IP Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 13, 2016
Very good place to begin your career. There are numerous opportunities for personal grown and good benefits. Typical work week is a 9/80, 4/10, or 5/40 schedule and usually have the weekends and nights off. Its an engineering company so to get in the door, usually a degree is required.
Buyer beware
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 23, 2016
Used to be a decent place to work. What they lacked in pay scale they made up for in benefits. Since they switched insurance companies they no long can justify the poor pay scale.
Pros
Decent stock value
Cons
Not Employee oriented company any more.
DoD Contractor
Oracle Database Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 16, 2016
Harris is a great place to work. It re-introduced unlimited paid time off program, which is one of the most coveted employee benefits. The rest is fairly standard with the corporate culture.
Company has turnover in every department
Na (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 2, 2016
They are the better paying companies in the area, but short lived when they downsize. They treat managment with high regards and do not respect the lower paying employees.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Government contractor with little employment security
Harris is a solid company in certain fields; very strong customer base
Systems Engineer/Architect (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 1, 2016
The company is very well establish in few market niches such as Weather Satellites, Air-Traffic systems, and moderate IT systems.
IT was challenging to innovate due to the long time retention of certain cultured management, who they were set in their own way.
Pros
Solid customer base in certain market niches
Cons
Rigidity and stifling of innovation without realization
Service Desk Management is a Joke
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 20, 2016
This was my first job on the East Coast of the US (which I took a big pay-cut for, but was told it was worth it)... I nearly moved right back out West. I stayed for 8 or 9 months, tried to give it the "benefit of the doubt", but management was entirely incompetent. Having been in this field for over ten years, I have picked up a few tips and tricks... Made some suggestions to management that would help the whole of Harris, resolving issues before people even called in, and I was SCOLDED for this. Their reasoning was that "we need those phone calls"... that's right-- they are more interested in job security than they are resolving issues.

Tip for management-- if your entire job can be replaced by a batch file and a spreadsheet, you are IRRELEVANT. Go back to school.
Pros
Strong shoulders from carrying my manager on my back every day
Cons
inconsistent schedules, broken equipment, unhealthy work environment(mold, mildew), non-technical managers and supervisors
Harris is a wonderful corporation to work for.
Information System Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 11, 2016
I loved my time working for Harris Corporation. I was giving the opportunity to succeed through hard work. In my last role, I managed 20+ government networks security compliance. I enjoyed interpreting government policies and implementing that guidance to the network configuration.
Pros
Challenging work where I was constantly busy.
Cons
Working in a vault for 40+ hours a week.
Manufacturing Engineering
Manufacturing Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 4, 2016
I truly enjoyed my position at Harris. I enjoyed the interaction and providing immediate support to the quality assurance group, supervisors, mechanical/electrical engineering, procurement, scheduling, product analysis lab, production floor associates, assemblers, testers, and troubleshooters.
Overall, the job was perfect except the relocation to New York was not a preferred choice.
Pros
Top 10 Defense Company
Cons
Relocaiton
Good Company
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 26, 2016
Harris has a lot of well focused customer oriented workers who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
Good place to work .
Pros
Team
good job
ASSSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYApril 20, 2016
Even as a full time employee i didn't start with benefit's because i was considered a "job shopper" which i was hired and paid by an another company where they were paid say 20 an hour for me and only paid me 15 an hour. once a spot opened in Harris itself i could be accepted or not which normally takes a year.
Rewarding and demanding job
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 12, 2016
a very fast paced - demand driven position. Requires working with project management, engineers, and many other internal customers.

Collaborative environment.
It's all about cost cutting
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 11, 2016
Pros
Most of the employees are highly talented and dedicated and work to meet the needs of the customer. Harris provides an environment where people can see the impact of the work they do as most projects are small-medium sized programs and each team member plays an important role. For the employees that have not yet lost their 9/80 work week, this provides a nice work/life balance.

Cons
The corporate focus has shifted away from the customer and is overwhelmingly fixated on cost cutting. The and the primary means for achieving this objective is reducing labor costs through layoffs of senior personnel, cutting salaries and reducing benefits. Benefits have declined sharply in recent years. There is a great distrust of executive management and morale is very low.
Pros
You are paid every 2 weeks
Cons
CEO and executive management have tanked a once great company
Helpdesk Analyst
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 10, 2016
As a helpdesk analyst, we took care of internal customers across the Globe, and I was glad to do it. You spoke with many of the same people across time, and I was able to get to know many of the staff across the world.
Fsr
Fleet Support Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2016
Great working group and the support of HR is phenomenal. There is plenty of room to grow within the company. I was able to be deployed most of the year, so I didn't get to experience office life.
Great Place Work
Senior Engineer-Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Was very lucky to work for Harris. Stated as Engineer I and advanced to Senior Engineer in different Product lines. All member of the team were great.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Bad management, culture, and employee morale
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Harris acts very similar to Exelis, which is a large company they recently acquired. Programs, budget, and schedule matter. Employees do not matter and are losing morale fast.

Management looks out for themselves with an emphasis on motivating workers by shrinking the work force constantly while increasing employee responsibilities. Do not upset management in any way or you'll be walked out the door with little consideration to your merit as a worker.

This company is headed for more of the same if they don't make some dramatic changes. Many changes have already taken place to fix the situation with little to no improvement to show for it. The downward spiral continues.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Not enough schedule to do work without upsetting someone
Great company that wants employees to grow
Business Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 20, 2015
Great experience and I learn a tremendous amount from very helpful mentors, supervisors, and all employees. I enjoyed going to work everyday and felt that they challenged me and allowed me to learn through experience/
Pros
Great people and great environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.