Harris Corporation

Harris Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Professional
Facilities Engineer (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: work hard and play hard. occasional free lunch and group outings.
Cons: annual salary has not increased in three years
Professional work environment with hard-working people, and an enjoyable team of experienced professionals willing to help and learn from each other. I continue to enhance my working knowledge and have gained valuable experience. I have recently be promoted. I am proud to work along side such a group of knowledgeable professionals.
Great place to work, fast-paced and on the edge of new technology.
Contractor - Sr. Accountant/Cost Accountant (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: hi-tech industry, competitive, quality products, good people.
Cons: tough market for everyone but this industry is really tough.
Serious business atmosphere, good place to work but they are not hiring permanent positions which as a contractor I would prefer.
International Business Development Manager
Major Accounts Manager, Central and Latin America (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2015
Successfully led a BD team in exploiting strategic opportunities to gain market share from international competition.
Recognized leader in technology for Andean region
Fun to work there. Enjoyed my time there. Understanding management.
Student Programmer/Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Kennedale, TXMarch 2, 2015
Student programmer. Learning atmosphere. Everyone willing to help me learn and correct my mistakes. Never made to feel inept. Good place to work.
Love them
SOFTWARE TEST ANALYST (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 2, 2015
There is no typical day at work, everyday come up with a new possibilities, new desire and unique outcome which some may call a typical day just because some task are almost same everyday such as : Login to work PC, checking emails, Attending standup meetings and share Yesterday, today and any problem might faced.

So far i have learn how to become a team player along with humbleness and calm at the same time.

co-workers are as important as family, without them tram work not possible, and without team work no ship cant move ahead.

If the hardest part mean difficulties then its not in my book, no work is hardest as long as we are focus and dedicated to our task.

The atmosphere and the culture of the job in natural, technical and non technical might be in verge and it is a fun, more importantly there is a new technologies arise almost every moments and its just awesome to know about it.

Learning is the key to success in anything
High paced, exciting, ever changing atmosphere
Project Manager/Lead Network Engineer (Former Employee), Groton, CTFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: variable work schedules
Cons: often sub standard military infrastructure
Address network issues, prepare upgrades, configuration, installation, customer interaction.

Plan, Coordinate, Schedule and perform system maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for Navy and Marine Corp Internet.

Challenging customer, short time tables,exciting.
Great company!
Technical Trainer (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAFebruary 23, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Harris Corporation. The management and overall environment are fantastic. My favorite part of the job is the people with which I work.
Excellent employer
Air Space Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Excellent employer with many opportunities, however none in Oregon which is where I wish to relocate.Thank you for your interest
Independent Consultant/FTE (Former Employee), Work from homeFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at Harris. Performance reviews was well structured and fair. A little tight on the travel expenses. Work place environment was clean.
productive work environment
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COFebruary 4, 2015
Greeting customers, assisting broadband with calls, phones. Management changed right before my resignation. Each department has its own manager. Coworkers were friendly and very different in their own ways.
Good job
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Largo MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: quite place
Cons: distance
Very great place to work at. I left for a better pay. The management is supper and there is no stress in the work place. The network is large and lots of tools to learn and grow with. It is a fantastic place to work in. The management and co workers are friendly - it is like a family setting
Great place to work and grow.
Multimedia Web Developer (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 27, 2015
I have nothing but positive thoughts about working for the Harris Corporation.
Temping
3 month Temp - Information Systems Technician D (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Great Experience. Learned lots of new things and met some wonderful people.
good place to work logistics
Material Handler (Former Employee), Herndon, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: work at my own pace
Cons: nothing
My day started with receiving work orders that detailed what kind of equipment I was to pull and work on that day. it was a steady flow of work orders through out the day. I worked on not just pulling items but also troubleshooting most electronic equipment which included document scanners, printers, fingerprint scanners, PC's amongst many other items. I used pallet jacks and forks lifts through out the day. I learned a lot at this job. I learned a lot about continuous improvement and what it was to work with a tight knit team. I learned a lot about configuring many computers at a time over a network.
Diverse opportunities in many fields of expertise
Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Harris Corporation is a multifaceted, multinational company with a wide variety of career opportunities in many disciplines. Most of the employees are engineers and scientists who are involved in producing cutting-edge technology for commercial and government customers.
Harris Corporation Summary
Procurement Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Harris is terrible at micro managing their employees. Many young people keep on leaving because managers treat their teams as if they are children. This environment is not productive and frustrates many employees.
Fast paced business environment
Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Professionally diverse work environment with opportunities to interact and learn from multiple job functions.
Many opportunities to lead or join Corporate continuous improvement teams or internal kaizans.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to easily network within the corporation and continually grow from every new experience.
Entertaining
Information Systems Security Analyst lv.2 (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 3, 2015
As a Security Operations Analyst within a (24x7x365) Security Operations Center (SOC) for a multi-billion dollar international company, I am challenged and tasked with a wide range of security technologies. Included in these tools are, but not limited to: SIEM/syslog, IDS/IPS, malware analysis and protection, content filtering, logical access controls, identity and access management, data loss prevention, application firewalls, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, forensics software, security incident response and Identity Management software
challenging and inventive atmosphere
Printed Circuit Board Designer (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 26, 2014
I was provided a goal oriented atmosphere with site-based management style. There were opportunities for promotion and I was allowed to investigate areas of interest in my design implementation.
Productive Great Place to work
EIS EEOIC - Data Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoNovember 28, 2014
Pros: great place to work all the way around.
Cons: sometimes we ran out of work.
A typical day at work was entering applications accurately filing, date stamping an pulling and putting files accurately in where they needed to be filed everyone there were very kind and I loved the fact I was helping sick people and their loved one.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harris Corporation

Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial – Read more

Harris Corporation Salaries