Harris Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 16, 2017
Good place to work. Great people, fast paced, never boring!
Good pay. Clean and safe place to work. Sometimes the schedules were tough to meet, but we always got the job done!
Enjoyable atmosphere and sunny weather.
Senior Technician -50 hrs/wk (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 13, 2017
This summary will not include overseas assignments.
- A typical day at work was doing my assigned tasks according to work orders. I had moved around the company learning new skills by doing different things, such as making fiberglass products, making transformers of all different sizes making cables of all configurations, making and testing electronic fixtures under government specs, and many others things.
- I had some of the best co-workers anywhere. They helped me become better at seeing the big picture and I helped them wherever I could.
- management at Harris were great at listening to me and others and had the knack to give instruction where needed.
Pros
Great healthcare and a refrigerator and free coffee.
Cons
Slow raises.
Great Place
Technical Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I loved working with Harris Corporation - unfortunately the division I worked for was sold to a private equity firm eliminating my position,
Pros
work from home
Cons
seperated from co-workers
Great First Engineering Experience
Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 5, 2017
My supervisor was outstanding. Very knowledge able and down to earth. She understood that I didn't know everything. Great first experience!
Never Boring
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2017
Deadlines and ever-changing requirements from customers keep me on my toes. Great environment with plenty of opportunities to network, learn, and even a little upward mobility. Management respects employees and employees return that respect.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
Sometimes the hours can be long
Excellent Place to work
Assured Compliance Assessment Solution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 30, 2016
With a great work/life balance, Harris also provides a dynamic learning experience in the work place. Management is quick to acknowledge performance and promote form within.
Pros
Great PTO package
Cons
Moderate pay
A great Place to wrok
Associate, Clinical Data Management (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 29, 2016
If you are looking for experience to work with Government Projects that offer security clearance. Harris is a great place to be. I loved my experience there
Enjoyed working at Harris and would go back
Requirements Analyst and Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Remote WorkDecember 21, 2016
The only reason I left was due to a layoff. I liked Harris and would go back happily. I liked my manager, and her manager and her manager's manager.

I enjoyed my coworkers and we worked well as a team. This may or may not be the culture of the company...it is a very large company, but my division worked well together.
Worthless Company
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 20, 2016
This place has the angriest, most bitter employees I have ever witnessed in my thirty year career. Everyone is perpetually nasty and complaining about their jobs. It translates blatantly into the quality of their work and customers notice entirely. We are rapidly losing contracts to competitors and widespread layoffs are inevitable. I cannot stand another day here and advise everyone reading this to stay as far away as possible to save your sanity and careers.
Pros
Can't think of even one unfortunately
Cons
Too many to name
There is no worse company to work for
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 19, 2016
Programs are always delayed, underfunded and fraught with errors. There are zero continuing education or process improvement initiatives, and employees are perpetually unmotivated. People here are enamored with status quo; they love to float by and will viciously destroy the career of anyone with drive and work ethic. Save yourself the headache of a lifetime and stay as far away from this woeful "company" as possible.
Pros
Cons
Non-existent benefits, zero flexibility, zero talent, hostile work environment
A so-so company
Intrusion Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILDecember 16, 2016
The first year was fine. After that, it had been cut after cut to benefits.

Co-workers work well together.

Management uneven in how the treat each employee, and with how much they demand from each employee.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor benefits
Pay is bad, work is easy, Advancement is too slow
Information Security Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 4, 2016
Great work life balance and vacation and 401k, but a very low pay and bad middle and upper management cancel that out. You're just a cog in the chain at Harris. Promotions take too long, and raises don't keep up with inflation.
Pros
401k vacation
Cons
pay management advancement
Great place but government contracts dictate employment
Engineering/Geospatial Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for Harris for the time that I did, but I was unfortunately laid off due to a contract being cancelled on the government side. Therefore everyone who was working on that project was let go. This was also during the recession so I feel that contributed to it. I would still work there again if I got the chance, they are very good.
Great Technology, dont like or consider older employees and candidates
mnb (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 28, 2016
Harris has some of the best technology going. Great for engineers.

In my dept the older workers were not considered when applying for positions.

Jobs were given to younger candidates and young females. Thought it was a fluke at first but after five positions were slanted to much younger less experienced candidates, contractors and Coops. Frequently the requisition would be changed to fit the younger candidate.
Pros
Great engineering
Cons
HR has their head up their a____.
wow
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 20, 2016
if you find yourself employed in this company don't let this job go! you can actually support your family with these wages!
Awesome team environment
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2016
Facilities does not have a typical day, everything is different everyday. My managers were awesome and they made you feel like a member of the team.
Pros
team environment
Cons
heathcare and being let go with no warning.
Great Place to Work
Account Payable Processor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 25, 2016
A typical day starts with a good cup of coffee, logging in to the system to get to work. I learned that using email to communicate with internal and external customers is a great tool in getting resolutions. My manager relied on my ability as a fast learner, to work independent. Good friends with co-workers.
Pros
Working with a great team and manger.
Cons
Having to leave.
Cultural is not team oriented. The only individuals who have an opportunity for promotion are pre-selected by management. Work/Life Balance is good.
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2016
Focus is on education and not on experience. Only the chosen ones are given opportunities for promotion (pre-selected by management). Environment is cold and distant. There is a lack of focus on a team culture. Job security is non-existent. Management continues to reduce employee benefits and increase individuals personal expenses for healthcare and other benefits.
Pros
Work/Life balance is good. In house cafeteria service is nice.
Cons
Lack of promotional opportunities; poor annual wage increases; lack of leadership by management
Good Pay, Great People, But No Job Security
Tax Professional (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 29, 2016
In a nutshell, that's it - good pay, great people (the best) but absolutely no loyalty or job security. The hiring swells followed by hiring freezes and layoffs, followed by more swells, it's all pretty unnerving and disruptive. It's nice to know my team appreciates the hard work and overtime, if only upper management could do the same - their decisions to outsource key pieces of our product make it sometimes impossible to deliver quality.
Pros
The people (excluding upper management)
Cons
No sense of job security, no overtime pay
A great company to work for
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 8, 2016
I met so many good people at Harris corp. different learning opportunities are provided. great team and leadership. I would recommend it to other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.