Harris County Department of Education

Harris County Department of Education United States Employee Reviews

Enjoy working with families
Family Service Provider (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: work schedule and time off
Cons: no 401 plan high healthcare benefits
A typical day at work consist of providing case management services working with children and families assisting the families to met needs and to become self sufficient. My co-workers and I are very supportive of each and work together to help families to develop positive goal orientated relationships that supports the children and families. The hardest part of my job is when families are not connected with the community resources to help them to become self sufficient. The most enjoyable of my job is when I help families to reach their goals or when I at least help make a difference in one family life.
Fun environment
Trainer/ Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: limited advancement opportunity
The staff at my location are great. Sometimes the monotonous environment can wear you down due to the student's behavior. As a teacher there are limited advancement opportunities within the district.
Productive work
ESL Teacher/Bilingual Teacher (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2014
A typical day at work would be starting my class with greeting the students as they come in to class. I would then settle them in and start with the days lesson. I would then continue following the lesson plan for the day.
I have learned to be patient with the students in the classroom. I believe a teacher does the job well if he or she loves the teaching profession.
The most enjoyable part of the job, seeing the students learn in the classroom.
Wonderful place to work!
Manager/Specialist of Digital Learning (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 20, 2013
Great place to work and they provide a lot of wonderful services to the community.
Great place to work!
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2012
Pros: vacation days - we get spring break and two weeks off for the winter holiday!
Cons: the pay is not competitive.
An organization committed to meeting the needs of children, families, and the community. It is a great place to work and it is flexible enough to allow for a balanced work/home lifestyle.
Productive and fun place to Work
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 8, 2012
Pros: extra days off for spring break and christmas
Cons: short breaks
I love working for this organization. I just don't believe that there any room for growth.
Very Rewarding
C.A.S.E. (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 29, 2012
Opens up one individuals environment to helping kids of all cultures

Harris County Department of Education Salaries