Harris County Toll Road Authority Employee Reviews

Awesome job
Bilingual Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
It was a fast paced environment answering incoming calls. Taking care of toll road violations and processing the payments with a debit/ credit card. I had a great experience in the call center.
Pros
Awesome job
Cons
It was temporary
team environment
Toll Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
good people, good pay, good hours fast paced and busy great environment great experience for customer service. I really liked it there. my supervisors helped alot
Pros
early shifts good people
Cons
customer has all the power
Great co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Harris County Toll Road Authority was a great and fun place to work. They celebrated everyone's birthday with food and cake. They throw baby showers for expecting employees.
Pros
Fun work enviroment
Cons
Short lunch break
horrible
Toll Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I had one great boss who got transfer to a new location Anthony Green that's about the best thing in this job other than that's no paid time off no sick time no vac time no benefits no raise no position change worked every holiday . Family what family then didn't care id your kids were sick if you got sick ......Horrible I was a temp for 4 years
Pros
anthony green great manager
Cons
the job was horrible
Get to meet new people
Toll Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The staff at the toll road are a pleasure to be around; as well as the customers who regularly use the toll road. The only negative is that the toll road only hire through temp agencies so no benefits, pay raise, or paid time off are offered.
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
Productive and fun workplace
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
Harris County toll Road Authority locate at Westpark Tolls we strive to provide the best customer service to our patrons. Some of the daily tasks include the following but not limited:
Processes title transfers and issues vehicle registrations, renewal stickers and replacement plates. Issues temporary permits for automobiles and disabled plates and/or placards for eligible applicants. Account receivable and Reviews vehicle title paperwork for accuracy and entry into the computer system. Processes all relevant paperwork pertaining to automobiles, trucks and trailers. Handles and balances money presented in payment of fees. Accepts and stores customer checks at the workstation. Balances checks, cash and fees at the closing of each business day. Accepts and processes property tax payments. Submits close-out and balancing reports at the closing of each business day. Performs other duties as required. I had a great back office support staff that allowed me to focused on the function of the job and focused on the customer to have a pleasant experience.
scheduled program
Cashier/ Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2017
you have to be on time and prepared to work grave yard hours sleeping in the day working nights always transitioning into calculations amongst revenue theres interesting benefits
Fun
Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
This Company is a toll road for the Houston Metropolitan areas .I collect Monies from the Patrons who drive on the toll road this job was fun to work at .but unfortunately i had to relocate.
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks
it requires a lot of public contact
Toll Collector/Lane Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2017
sitting down you full shift, how to handle money. the management is ok, the workplace culture is diverse. there is no hard part to this job and the most enjoyable part is the patrons that you meet.
Pros
it is a good job to have
Cons
it is open 24-7 even on all holidays.
company potlucks and holiday meals were always provided
Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
Was the last of the full time employment for this company. Loved all my coworkers that I worked with. Wish that I didn't retire from there but I did. Found out this year that they no longer are open.
Pros
shift bids
Cons
too much political drama
A good learning experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
It was a good working and learning experience. A typical day at work was extremely busy. I became very knowledgeable about Harris County Toll Road and how it operates. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to assist customers with keeping their account in a positive balance. The workplace culture was very structured.
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
Working for the toll road is not a easy job, the job required a lot of patiences with people. Dealing with irrate people is not an easy job. The hardest part was working in an environment where it feels like a revolving door
Pros
The pay
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Good benefits
Customer Service Representative / Call Center (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2017
I understand all companies have to set rules. However, this company rules are very strict, which almost petty. I don't like working here and hate going to work. Management need training on how to talk to their employees in a professional manner
Pros
Everyone's birthday is acknowledged
Cons
You only get 30 minutes for lunch and always feels like you're rushing to eat
Very pleasant employment experience, have recommended this company many times.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company. Left to attend HCC and could no longer work daytime of full time. Great teamwork environment. Several of my coworkers remained and advanced.
Pros
Teamwork, advancement opportunities
Cons
distance from my home
toll collector
Toll collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2017
 Processing traffic on the harris county toll road.
 Depositing and counting currency.
 Filing proper paper work.
 Maintain safety precautions.
 Notifing authority when help is needed for safety reasons
Harris County
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  4012 S Dairy Ashford RdJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at HCTRA included setting up EZ tag accounts, maintaining a neat and orderly area, enforcing violations for payment, advising and giving excellent customer service for patrons of Harris County Toll Roads. Management is very strict and there's a bit of favoritism, but everyone is given a chance to excel and prove their work ethic. The environment tended to be a bit hostile, but probably due to the negativity and long lines, and limited options that are available to patrons on Toll Roads.
The hardest part of the job is the feeling of uncertainty in proper actions to take per customer situations that have violations. There were a lot of changes of leaders, and supervisors with different expectations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers inclusiveness and hard work to please the leaders/supervisors and management.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management system, not the managers themselves.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2016
This place only cares about their money I had to deal with work place bullying and after telling my managers nothing was done about it I ended up just leaving
High Stress Enviroment that can become overwhelming if you are not skilled
DISPATCHER III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
I loved working for Harris County. it was a awesome experience but very fast pace environment. It take a certain type of skill to be able to multitask at this magnitude.
Pros
Staff, Healthcare
Cons
Pay isnt enough for all that you do in this position
Fun place to work
Lead Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2016
i really enjoyed working with the customers. my job was pretty easy i just had to make sure the customers was getting the attention they needed . also my manager always gave me good ideas to come up with to make a quick and good sale
Pros
Celebrate birthday and great recognition
Cons
short break and time off
good job
Good customer service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
good job highly reccomand in the houston area its the call center you will take up to 200 or more callls a day. customers can be very rudy