Harris County

Harris County Employer Reviews

in summary it wasn't bad, rather you gain more experience.
psych/lvn (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: the thing is that you meet different characters from varioust individuals
Cons: in all is not easy to deal with people, is not all that fun at all.
like i have already said, the job is not an easy task, it requires courage, patient and wisdom get over it.
Incredible doctor and nurse
CSO - Special Programs, Mental Health Initiative (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: texas medical center traffic
Awesome job and I only worked 7 hour days, 4 days per week. Very relaxed environment.
Great Department
Enforcement Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 10, 2014
Nothing like Team Work. The work environment was great. Our department had an open door policy and focused on Customer service
Tense, judgemental place to work
Budget Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 31, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, good benefits, great schedule
Cons: petty boss, uncomfortable work situations
The older women tend to look down on younger women that work there. With them, it is always about what you wear, drive, and have. This is not a good place to work because it is not based on job performance, but how you appear (you can not look better than them or it will be a problem).
over worked under paid
laborer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: job
Cons: layoffs
Carpenter helper/maintenance helper. Did all aspects of labor and carpenter work
werry stressful
Detention Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2014
very hard job no for everyone. need to have a very good marl campus.
Productive, fun learning new things regarding probation and the court process.
Office Assistant/Backup Office Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2014
The County is an awesome and diverse place to work for. Also a very busy one! A typical day at the Probation Department consists of over 100 files that need to be accounted for, fees entered and then prepared to be shipped to other regions withing Harris County. Also heavy customer service on phones and face to face helping probationers sign up for classes and pay their fees and occasionally helping them understand the terms of their Probation Conditions. Co-workers are amazing, always helpful.
The hardest part of the job is the compensation, which should accompany the type of workload. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in such a diverse environment and being able to learn so many levels of the departments.
loved the job
Asst Dir of Safety and Emergency Mgmt (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
my only complaint is the salary did not cover expected work attire of tailored suits
Great workplace with outstanding workout facilities
Detective (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: lunch is cheap
Cons: you are never off duty
law enforcement is very important and the citizens of the city and county depend on them to protect their families and property.
Great people in a difficult setting
Judge (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2014
This job dealt with some good people in difficult situations, which often produced a high level of stress for all the participants.
I enjoyed working on the many different types of locks every day
Locksmith (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was repairing a lock back to working order by changing out a broken part.
Good Stable Job
Court Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: none accommodating with personal schedules
Every morning would begin with Uncontested Divorces at 8AM sharp, followed by 9AM docket call and filing. I learned how to maintain an exceptional attitude towards customer seprvice. Co-workers were considered family. A great atmosphere overall for work. The hardest part of the job was leaving it for not being able to accommodate my time for school. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different amount of people you would meet.
toll authority
Toll Collector (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 3, 2014
Pros: good pay
very unorganized
long hours , very rude people sometimes cold and rainy , you meet a lot of interesting people\.
your day depends on who you see and what kind of people you run into
Wonderful to be a part of the election process.
Assistant Election Judge (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2014
During college I love learning about the election process, and I was so happy to be given the opportunity to be part of it.
N/A
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This position that I'm in is not what I was looking for. Once in this position I come to find out that you have other positions and other job duties you have to do. I am a backup person for 2 other positions. It does not allow me to do my main job. It shows that I'm capable of doing other things and I'm reliable and dependable.
ok place to work
Toll Collector (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 9, 2013
the job itself is very easy, however the turnover rate is very high. my coworkers are a great group of ladies
Excellent Working environment
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: health care benefits
It t was a great working environment and provided flexible hours.
Stable work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2013
I liked most about working for Harris County was working the court room. I felt like I was at my best while in the fast paced environment.
My happiest moment
Justice of the Peace (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2013
The telephones would ring before 8am and I would answer and start given information to help the day go well. I helped all the other clerks if they need it. I clock in at 8am and start to work until court is over . If we have to stay late I would.
A day working for Harris County Administrative Office of District Courts
Operations Coordinator for Civil & Family Courts (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good work environment, great co-workers great benefit package
Cons: salary was little low compared to private sector, but benefit package helped to offset it.
I would arrive at work at 7:15 AM and log on to my computer in order to check emails on the status of two overnight computer production jobs that produce District Court orders and notices that are to be mailed out to the attorneys and parties involved in lawsuits in our 34 District Courts.

Providing this function performed as expected I would next check other emails and then voice messages for any other problems that may have occurred or requests for information.

Next would be performing my daily duties such as interacting with the coordinators who work for the judges and even the judges themselves. They may ask for various statistical information regarding their court, such as incoming and outgoing case numbers, or even more specific items such as how many jury trials they conducted.

My co-workers had one of the hardest jobs at the courthouse. Having to deal with the multitudes of attorneys and parties on a daily basis, as well as with their Judge.

To me there was no hard part of my job, except for maybe when I would have to deal with equipment failure or computer data file failure, which meant a delay in getting the users their work product on schedule.

The most enjoyable part of my job was everything running as expected and not having to deal with any issues other than the day to day operation.

1 2 3