Harris Group Employee Reviews

I am not impressed
Unix System Administrator (Former Employee) –  BahrainNovember 14, 2017
We were expendable. We didn't matter to Harris. We paid the barest minimum and the only way to advance was to leave the company. I thought the management promoted the Good ol' Boys Club
Engaging
Cashier / Baker / Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2017
Lots of learning, growing and advancement. Management was fair and always gave the opportunity to train in new departments throughout the company.

The culture is great!
Harris Teeter Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCSeptember 12, 2017
Fun people to work with, Extremely poor management. In the beginning you will be getting the hours you want but the longer you work there the less hours you get.
Pros
Discounts, Selected Free Items
Cons
Literally everything else
It was fun
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 7, 2017
It was good. The employees were nice and always did their part to make sure every customer was happy. It was very quick paced during holidays and when the store would get busy.
Confused company direction
Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 6, 2017
The direction the company is heading is not in line with my goals. Things that are going on are unsettling to me. The net worth of people who excel and push the company forward are treated the same as those who sit back and go along for the ride. there is no incentive to those who apply themselves.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Direction the company is heading
Harris Corporation
Sr. Project Manager, SENSOR Eglin and Globus II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2017
Harris is a medium sized company. Benefits are acceptable, work is not to terribly difficult. The environment is acceptable. Salary is on the lower scale.
Pros
Prefer to not answer
Cons
Prefer to not answer
good communication with crew members
Guard (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXAugust 26, 2017
management is big time retaliator,
hardest...made full bag at hottest part of day
most enjoyable...launch and recover aerostat
breifing, walk around site that everything is n place, check for pmi's
not a great place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 9, 2017
poor management/leadership. no promotions. company asks of everything from their employees but doesn't return the favor. Benefits have diminished with each year passing. Management seems to think cutting costs in every area is the key to make more money, instead of actually acquiring new and sustaining transactions.
Pros
9/80 work schedule is nice
Cons
salary, incompetence of management
Great workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 31, 2017
Ever since I've started working here it's always been a relaxed and great place to work. There are opportunities to pick up overtime hours every once I a while.
Wonderful
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2017
This was a wonderful company to work for. There were so many wonderful people and it was a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. I loved the experience.
Pros
free lunches
Job Summary
Healthcare Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
It's an okay job but not one you can grow within they say but more than likely not the case. It is a call center which some days are good but most you have to be on top of your game collecting money and payments from clients otherwise you won't make that monthly commission.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
Relaxed
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 15, 2017
I don't really want to do this review because I think it's skewed. I work in a certain program that Harris only recently took control of. My ratings are for that program that I've worked in for the last few years, not for the Harris Corporation as a whole.
Small man in a big company.
Engineer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 9, 2017
Overall, Harris is a large company plagued by inefficiencies. The good employees always leave for better projects, and bad managers are promoted away to worse projects, leaving mediocre developers as the baseline.
Great
Information Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 10, 2017
Great place to work, great pay, they really take care of their people. Unfortunately the IT department is going away so any IT job seekers are out of luck.
Productive, fun, and challenging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2017
I get to utilize my professional talents in an atmosphere that challenges me intellectually. At the end of the day, I leave work feeling fulfilled; like I made a real impact was appreciated by the company for my contribution.

The people who work here are incredibly intelligent, humble, and have great senses of humor! I laugh until I cry on almost a daily basis and learn so much from the people around me. The modern, innovative company model is supported by a "yes" mindset from management and a willingness to try new things to support our clientele.

Everyone is on your team here. No one is thrown under the bus or left hanging on their own. We tackle things as a team and support each other in everything we do.

There is an amazing culture of open communication where everyone's ideas matter. Everyone strives to do the best work possible and conducts themselves in a professional manner.
Small staff enviroment
Project/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2017
Hard work under staffed. 75% in office work. 25% field work cover the entire state of Florida.

Work on the Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System. Land Mobile Radio and microwave networks.
Pros
Hours are not ridgid
Cons
Not enough people to perform the expected work.
Small, nice workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Great people, fun environment to be in if you love the city. Constantly improving our customer service and clientele. Traveling frequently to trade shows and to meet with artists.
low pay rate, no benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SC 29466February 13, 2017
Busy workload but no recognition and no opportunity for advancement. Tended to be unappreciated and very low wages, no benefits at all offered.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Employee Review
Information Systems/System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 14, 2016
The work environment, competitive wages, benefits, training budgets have gradually declined. There have been many layoffs. The feeling that the employee matters has been horrible even more so in the past 5 years as the CEO does not seem to care about the employees they are only concerned about the bottom line.
A solid work place
Switchboard/ Mailroom (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2016
This company has been in Rochester, NY for over 50 years. I started at this company because it was family oriented. This company stood by it's employees, took care of them when they need help and praised them when they did well. From what I hear the new companies do not do anything like this. I am sorry Harris Corporation is changing and not standing up for it's older employees. Everyone that I worked with was a friend. That was the hardest part, leaving old friends! The best part of my job was; I talked to people on the phone and got to sit for a time, standing while sorting the incoming mail and posting the out going mail and delivering the mail to the different mail stops. It kept the job interesting and active. I will miss the people!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Group. Our community is ready to answer.