Harris Group Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place
Software Test Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 14, 2016
Great company, great work environment. Very nice people. I have learned so much while working at Harris Corporation. working remotely is available also.
Hardwork but rewarding company
Information System Security Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 13, 2016
My experience with this company covers over 8 years and has been an invaluable opportunity for me. I have had my hands in numerous technologies over and have had opportunities for advancement. The work atmosphere has been enjoyable and I have developed great working relationships with coworkes and management.
Pros
free lunches and training with vendors
Cons
working off hours
Contract workplace with no job security
Advanced Supply Chain NPI Buyer / Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2016
Worked through 3 contracts with Harris starting in Administrative work moving up to a buyer position. I learned many different systems and a more in-depth understanding of the purchasing world. Dealing with management and the uncertainly of job security was the hardest part of the job.
great atmosphere and training opportunities
Satellite Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  New Boston, NHJuly 11, 2016
supervisors are very willing and excited to teach skills and techniques to new employees. the environment is great and friendly, relaxed.
Pros
pay/compensation
Cons
unpaid 30min lunch break
good
Sr. QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 30, 2016
Great staff and great membership. Highly recommend working here as it is a great source for networking and career growth both in the golf industry and outside of it
Good
Cons
na
Buyer Beware.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 23, 2016
Used to be a great place to work. What they lacked in pay scale they made up for in benefits. Current insurance situation does not make up for lack of decent wadges.
Great place to work!
Cyber Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 17, 2016
So far, it has been a great company to work far for the most part. Excited and thankful for the opportunity. Great leave policy.
Awesome
Sr. Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 14, 2016
Pros

Financially sound company and highly ethical. Lots of advancement opportunities and/or lateral transfers for expanding your experience. Training is readily available and encouraged.

Cons

Company has transitioned from a pro-employee company with high morale to a company that has continued to cut into benefits and employees are not given proper respect. Morale is very, very low.

Advice to Management

Management is aware of most of the issues, but are not empowered to do anything, but tow the C-level company line. C-level changes are likely to occur over the next year or two and new leadership should do more to support the employees, while still managing investor expectations.
good management and flexi time
Inspector Level D (Current Employee) –  South Salt lake cityJune 9, 2016
management have good relationship with the workers. give incentive whenever the employee work hard in attaining the goal.
Harris Work/Life Balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 30, 2016
The 9/80 schedule is great. Working 9 hour days are worth it because you are off every other Friday. I wish there was some flexibility to have a 4/10 schedule.

Want to know more about Harris Group?

Ask a question
Great place to work. Great Managerial Staff. Friendly co-workers.
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne and Palm BayMay 27, 2016
Loved working on Proposals.

Learned a lot from co-workers.

My Managers and Supervisors were very
helpful and encouraged me to learn as much as possible.

The hardest part of the job was when
we worked hard on a proposal, but did not win.

We had a lot of team training and they were a lot of fun.
Pros
Apportunity to move up
Cons
Constant lay offs
Harris is very close to the beach and the work ethic is perfect
Network Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 23, 2016
Great Culture, Good people, excellent workplace. There are always positions open and they hire from within first. Lots of people that will help your forward motion.
Pros
Unlimited coffee and excellent break facilitie sand awesome lunch cafatirea
Cons
High stress
Productive and fun environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasMay 18, 2016
A typical day at Harris, Duesler & Hatfield varies. We go from one extreme to another, either laid back or hectic. I have learned how to successfully multitask various job duties as well as handle an active receptionist desk. The hardest part of my job is often trying to prioritize duties due to working for multiple attorneys with demanding schedules. I feel I have mastered this task. The most enjoyable part of my job is having multiple job duties and dealing with numerous people.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
None really
Do not recommend
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 8, 2016
Management is new and unexperience . Many changes and attrition rates are high. Can swith job laocation every 6 month. High stress all the time
Pros
NICE CO-WORKERS
Cons
HEALTHCARE EXPENSIVE, WORK LIFE BALANCE IS RARE
Stimulating, challenging, great work experiences. Great opportunities.
Engineering Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 8, 2016
Overall, I enjoyed working for Harris, especially in the aerospace division working on high-tech satellite hardware. Great engineering and technician team.
Cons
working 2-3rd shift for many months.
Fast paced, stressful, no training work (learn on your own)
Senior Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 20, 2016
Harris is a good company, but not at Information Systems in Colorado Springs. Work is good, but under pressure to deliver without assistance on problems. They keep stating training would be provided at the work sites, but it did not happen. I decided to leave because of a situation that occurred presenting itself as a no win situation for me where promised training would have been helpful. I was expected to know on my own when I had never performed that work before. No support from project manager or supervisory manager. In addition, immediate supervisors keep leaving.
Pros
Lots of good people willing to help and support.
Cons
No steady immediate supervisors. No training as promised for working at sites.
Great People and would go back if a postion arises.
Technical engineer/Technician I (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 19, 2016
I will miss the opportunity to expand my mind there providing value to support the contract. Providing logistical, technical, and engineering support to the Navy base.
Pros
Little micromanaging
Cons
Not enough managing when the time required it.
Great Supportive Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 14, 2016
A typical day of work with PF Harris at the Sales level is a day of travel throughout your territory selling to accounts. It is enjoyable, and the people you get to speak to are great. Management is very hands off and allow you to sell how you would like and works best for you. They help with any resources they can to benefit your sales. Hardest part of the job is the travel, but the best part is getting to meet hundreds of new people in different areas.
HArris allowed me the flexibilty to work in the Qulity and in the Test Organizations
Qualiaty Enginner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 10, 2016
Allowing me to work in multiple organizations provided me with a more stimulating work day. The different responsibilities and tasks assignments gave me an advantage in that I was multi-talented. I learned all there is to know about Quality Assurance, how to make your customers satisfied, and to work in a team environment. My co-workers were mostly talented, intelligent, professional individuals whom I learned well from. The hardest part of the job was keeping with the latest standards, training, and the technology. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the training I needed to effectively perform my duties.
Pros
Harris understands that family is important
Cons
rigid schedules
Harris was OK
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 21, 2016
I have worked a much better places, but for Fort Wayne IN it isnt bad. There is a lot of "US and Them" mentality with the people that have been there a long time and the new people.
Pros
pay, experience
Cons
leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Group. Our community is ready to answer.