Harris Group Employee Reviews

Wonderful
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2017
This was a wonderful company to work for. There were so many wonderful people and it was a fast paced and exciting environment to work in. I loved the experience.
Pros
free lunches
Job Summary
Healthcare Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
It's an okay job but not one you can grow within they say but more than likely not the case. It is a call center which some days are good but most you have to be on top of your game collecting money and payments from clients otherwise you won't make that monthly commission.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
Ups and Downs
Integration-3 Engineer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 10, 2017
With the job being more of a travel job it's hard to say specifics. It's nice to be in other facilities. When at the primary site, things can be slow, but on customer site we don't sit down much.
Pros
Unlimited PTO (which might change)
Cons
Just purchased, job uncertainty
Relaxed
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 15, 2017
I don't really want to do this review because I think it's skewed. I work in a certain program that Harris only recently took control of. My ratings are for that program that I've worked in for the last few years, not for the Harris Corporation as a whole.
Small man in a big company.
Engineer Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 9, 2017
Overall, Harris is a large company plagued by inefficiencies. The good employees always leave for better projects, and bad managers are promoted away to worse projects, leaving mediocre developers as the baseline.
Great
Information Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAApril 10, 2017
Great place to work, great pay, they really take care of their people. Unfortunately the IT department is going away so any IT job seekers are out of luck.
Productive, fun, and challenging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 5, 2017
I get to utilize my professional talents in an atmosphere that challenges me intellectually. At the end of the day, I leave work feeling fulfilled; like I made a real impact was appreciated by the company for my contribution.

The people who work here are incredibly intelligent, humble, and have great senses of humor! I laugh until I cry on almost a daily basis and learn so much from the people around me. The modern, innovative company model is supported by a "yes" mindset from management and a willingness to try new things to support our clientele.

Everyone is on your team here. No one is thrown under the bus or left hanging on their own. We tackle things as a team and support each other in everything we do.

There is an amazing culture of open communication where everyone's ideas matter. Everyone strives to do the best work possible and conducts themselves in a professional manner.
Small staff enviroment
Project/Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2017
Hard work under staffed. 75% in office work. 25% field work cover the entire state of Florida.

Work on the Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System. Land Mobile Radio and microwave networks.
Pros
Hours are not ridgid
Cons
Not enough people to perform the expected work.
Small, nice workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Great people, fun environment to be in if you love the city. Constantly improving our customer service and clientele. Traveling frequently to trade shows and to meet with artists.
low pay rate, no benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SC 29466February 13, 2017
Busy workload but no recognition and no opportunity for advancement. Tended to be unappreciated and very low wages, no benefits at all offered.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
low pay, no benefits
Employee Review
Information Systems/System Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 14, 2016
The work environment, competitive wages, benefits, training budgets have gradually declined. There have been many layoffs. The feeling that the employee matters has been horrible even more so in the past 5 years as the CEO does not seem to care about the employees they are only concerned about the bottom line.
A solid work place
Switchboard/ Mailroom (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2016
This company has been in Rochester, NY for over 50 years. I started at this company because it was family oriented. This company stood by it's employees, took care of them when they need help and praised them when they did well. From what I hear the new companies do not do anything like this. I am sorry Harris Corporation is changing and not standing up for it's older employees. Everyone that I worked with was a friend. That was the hardest part, leaving old friends! The best part of my job was; I talked to people on the phone and got to sit for a time, standing while sorting the incoming mail and posting the out going mail and delivering the mail to the different mail stops. It kept the job interesting and active. I will miss the people!
BMDSS Implementation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2016
I work in a very professional environment with extraordinary people. It's not the work that I do but the people that I work with that make my job great!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
limited telework
Organized, highly confidential, job skills training offered to all employees.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYNovember 10, 2016
Harris has a enjoyable workplace. Most of their customers are military. Harris takes great pride in a quality product. Harris is always holding different training seminars for their employees to earn certifications to enhance advancement within the company.
Pros
Over time is often offered.
Cons
Employees are not normally hired immediately, they must go through YOH.
Machine operator
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2016
I was in charge of running the front and back of a SMT machine with two other co-workers. we made sure that we would produce high quality military radios.
Pros
Company events
Cons
No weight room
working with the team was an awesome experience
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2016
A typical day there is not such a thing being in facilities I learned a lot. My coworkers were awesome and the job was awesome but when it came to the bottom line they let me go to meet budget for the year.
Pros
team work
Cons
being let go to be in budget
It is a great place to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2016
I worked for Harris for a few months. Despite the positions cutting, it was a great place to work and I learned a lot from them. Despite being cutoff by a higher person in the food chain, my colleagues and immediate supervisor were good to me.
Pros
Great pay. Place to learn
Cons
Positions Laid Off- Didn't tell me on time
Harris Is Great!
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75701October 31, 2016
I have been here about 6-months, and I love it.

These people are friendly and helpful. Their employee turn-around is very low, so they do not mind taking the time to help the new person learn their duties.

I really like this company!
Pros
401k and health benefits start 100% on Day 1, something you do not see anywhere else.
Cons
For me living in Longview, the drive gets old.
Proficient
Design Drafter (Current Employee) –  Colorado Spgs, COOctober 20, 2016
They currently have contracts for various places. Harris is proficient in the work that they produce. They are world wide.
Great
Instructional Designer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 4, 2016
A typical day depends upon the position you have at the company. The environment was great. I worked with an amazing team of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval