Harris Health System Employee Reviews

Guest transporter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2017
I loved working here the job was great co workers and other staff got along good food was good and affordable great benefits and 401k parking convient for job
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay more
Terrible management/staff, 150+ patients a day
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
I worked in one of the labs and have never worked with such openly racist, homophobic, all around discriminative people. If you voice your concerns about staff behavior, you're outcasted and supervisor does not take you seriously. They hire as supplemental so that they don't have to give you benefits or advancement opportunities.
Every day there were at least 130 and up amount of patients waiting and nurses do not care and continue to over book the lab. Incredibly over worked. I went to get water ONCE after HOURS of drawing patients non-stop and my supervisor asked me, "do we not have any patients?" They do not care about your well being AT ALL.
Pros
Solid schedule, no weekends
Cons
Rude staff, poor management, poor pay, overworked
You learn a lot working for the County
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Worked with different doctors. You gain a lot of experience working for the County. The benefits are good but they try to pay you the least they can very difficult to get a raise.
Great Job Security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Great benefits, the job can be challenging at times because you are providing care and services to the economically disadvantaged. However, for the most part it is rewarding.
It's fun to work there
Histology Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
Uper management at LBJ Genereal Hospital is terrible. They don't give you the right tool to do your job. All they want is to look good statistically. The direct manager is not qualify to do the job.
Pros
Government benefit
Cons
Uper management is bad
401k match
Dialysis Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
Glad to have a company that hire from within. Giving their own employees a chance for promotions oppose to hiring new off the street. I hope they hold to their word or I'll be finding another employer!
Pros
great employees in my department
Cons
stressful
Work
PEDIATRIC CLERICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 5, 2017
Team members are a family, fast paced with a high volume of patients. On a normal day theirs about 100 patients and majority do show up to appointments.
Pros
Team work
Dialysis
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Currently work at Harris Health inpatient. Trying to transfer to Riverside since it's a lot better since most of old staff is gone. New management has improved the clinic. Overall, Harris Health is a good place to work.
Pros
Structured, Strong leadership
Always changing
Emergency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
There has been lots of changes since I worked for the er in terms of administration. Lots of staff who did not carry there weight have found new positions within the company and they promoted dedicated staff from within which I respect.
wonderfull experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
good environment,wonderfull experience. very short due to my schedule but I have learned a lot and improves skills. met new people and creates relationship
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Nice place to work
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
Great place to work, learn and interact with different people.
Professional environment, dedicated employees and nursing staff.
Days are easy going and fast paced.
Pros
Benefits, Fair treatment, Great co-workers
Interacting with the patients and staff
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
Engaging with a diverse group of people from all walks of life. The most challenging part of the job can be the language barrier with patients. Learning that nurses are important part of the health care industry.
Cons
Admisinstration loose site of how hard their employers work
Gladly shares expertise
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
Develops continuous improvement methods. Recognizes the needs of others and reaches out to lend a helping hand. Lends support and guidance to employees
Covert Nepotism
Nurse Manager, Executive Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
This is a great place to work, but there is a glass ceiling made up of executives who only hire their close friends from past work lives or those who they know they can control. Do not go above and beyond here fro extrinsic reasons, you must do the work, because you love it!
No teamwork
Supply Tech ll (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2017
The whole experience here has been horrible. Management doesn't seem to have any interest in any of the staffs feedback, or even commend us on anything. The only time we see or hear from them is when there's a problem of some sort.
Friendly environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2017
I have experienced working as a volunteer with the staff member at Harris Health system. Everyone is friendly and nice. They taught me lots of useful information that can help me in my future career
I Loved my experience and time at Ben Taub
Patient Liaison / Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
After working at Ben Taub for a few months, I didn't think I would make it, just because everything there is so Traumatic, drastic, and overwhelming. However, after over 5yrs of hard work and learning from each situation, you realize, if you can work at Ben Taub Emergency Hospital, you can work ANYWHERE in the world. When ever you can imagine the weirdest or most radical case ever, you can just mention Ben Taub and it has happened there or come thru there. As a Patient Liaison, I was grateful to be given the opportunity to assist all the families, especially in such traumatic cases. It made my job very challenging at times, but always Appreciative for my title.
Very competitive place to work, yet it is stable
Eligibility Counselor/ Intake Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
I had a great time working for this company. Although it was stressful at times, I met some great people along the way, and I learned a great deal about indigent healthcare.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
dealing with different personalities
Productive and friendly environment
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Typical work day is rooming patients, vital signs, procedures, making appointments, following doctors orders, collecting labs, giving immunizations if needed.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
short staff
Superviser was very unprofessional and listened to gossip more than her own employees
Clinical Nutrition Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
Unprofessional leadership. However, very dedicated employees and nursing staff. Safe working conditions. great parking, unhealthy food served in the cafeterias.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Harris Health System Reviews by Location