Harris Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Descent pay/ hectic work place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
Good benefits.
Better pay than retail.
No room for advancement.
Management plays favorites.
Little to no raises.
Hectic days
Off on weekends/ most holidays
Pros
1 hour lunches, PTO, Weekends/most holidays off
Cons
No advancement opportunities, Management plays favorites
Lvn
LVN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
Great company to work for...it's community health so you deal will all types of people from different walks of life. Great management, family oriented, team work. Longevity.
Pros
Flexibility, benefits, management
Cons
Not the best pay for the work load and stressors
Do not work in the patient appointment center!!
call center (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2015
90% of managers are messy and will spread your business
Boring. I was annoyed with this job after a week
ZERO leadership
Within your 90 days they claim to help you become better at your job with manager coaching and constructive criticism. I've got neither
Most patients that call are rude
Can't take any time off in your 90 days. Even if it's for a Dr appointment they will write you up which is redundant.
If you are trying to work here RUN! It seems nice during training but it's definitely the worst place I've every worked
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Short breaks, no leadership, messy black women
A good place to grow as a productive individual.
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2015
Fast pace enviroment alot of construction project to improve facility. Have learned and perfected the team player attitude with all aspects of my staff. Management works together to accomplish what is at our level, but still run into red tape on ocations have to work a little harder to overcome. Overall a good place for employment for some one who is will to develop all skills invloved in this position.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
salary / benifits may need improvement
Productive, Busy, Family Oriented, Teamwork
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2016
My typical work day is usually busy. I come in receive report for my unit; introduce myself to all my patients and inform them to call if they need anything. I am always willing to help. After that is done I'm usually transcribing orders and/or completing requisitions/patient information according to the unit ; managing charts and forms; completes all required education; coordinating patient appointments and/or unit activities because I'm also part of the Communities of Practice Board. My management is great. They are always there to lend a helping hand and they listen. We are very family oriented - we take care of each other. The hardest part of my job is when we have a slow day. you have to make yourself busy. Overall, I enjoy my second family.
Pros
My unit family - everyone takes care of everyone
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks
Good health services to the community
Mental Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
Enjoyed working with Health Promotion Services. It was a Meaningful and rewarding job - as I was making a difference in the lives of others.

I learned that there is a lot of need for health services in the Houston Community. It was a great experience being part of an Organization that cares for the health of the community. Having several health clinics in Harris County and providing health services and education to the local people, making it more accessible and convenient for them, is something that not other Health Organization in Houston provides.
Pros
Flexibility and benefits
Worst Peoplesoft Project in Houston
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2016
If you are remotely thinking about working for the PeopleSoft project at Harris Health, think again. This is the worst PeopleSoft project in town to work on. The project director is a troll who wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere else. The staff is belittled daily. The atmosphere is toxic. If you have any self-respect, do not work on the PeopleSoft project at Harris Health.
Cons
A work place where you are able to grow
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Harris Health System is a good place to work. They have good benefits, decent pay, and vacation time (PTO). It's a fun place to work with supportive management. Their focus is "Service First", which means patients/ clients are always first. My decision to resign was very hard.
Harris Health/ E-com
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
I worked on a project in the past providing support to Harris Health and I enjoyed working with this company at that time. I learned a lot in an hospital environment and if had another chance working with this company, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.
Pros
Versitale learning environment
Cons
None in my opinion based on the fast pasted environment
Good Cafe
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2016
Very fast paced work environment you get in go right to work. Its a hands on type of job they have on the job training good teachers anything you need to know they where there to help.I had very good co-works friendly and down to earth.The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with I loved my co-works they really showed the true meaning of teamwork.
You get to Park off site
Phlebotomist/ Specimen Traige Tech (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2016
Work in the lab is very very hard and now since we moved the lab to another building on the other side of the Hospital its been challenging having to walk back and forth with blood samples because the system wasnt prepared for the ungrades that came with the new move from the old hospital to the new one.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Pay scale is not good
Overall great place to work with multiple great opportunities!!!
CDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
As an employee of Harris Health System, I am proud to serve the residents of Harris County for over 7 years. I have been afforded many opportunities at Harris Health that has allowed me to advance my career. Not only is there room to grow and great opportunities available, but Harris Health is a competitive payer and has great benefits. I feel truly blessed to be a part of such a great company.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
good
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2015
its good place to work for depending what you do, salary can be low but descent. management good, routine day at work. Overall good place to start off
Great work life balance
Senior Project Manager - System Redesign (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2016
This is an organization with a great work life balance and a great leadership team that will allow for a stress free job and culture.
Organization needs to work on their culture
business analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2015
They really need to work on the company culture, career advancement and giving team direction.

In the department I work at during my tenure, there is always finger pointing. Too many chiefs and no accountability.

They hire contractors that do not adapt to the company's culture.

Most of our users know their processes and are easy to get along. However, for some, they are just out there.
Pros
Introduced every other Friday off and jean days
Cons
Fly by the seat of your pants with pretty much everything.
Engaging and lots of learning oppurtunities
Biomedical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Working in a hospital is a big change from most commercial environments. There were so many occasions here that I was able to learn more about how hospitals operate. Learning everything from the technical aspects to administration.
Excellent Management and staff
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2016
Excellent management and Staff. Staff always working together to provide best care possible to patients. Management very caring and understanding. Always working to provide the best working environment for their staff.
Very rewarding place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2016
One of the most rewarding things in life is the ability to help someone who would not receive the help otherwise. This job is so rewarding as it allows you to give to others and see how your contribution helps heal a community.
Used to be fun place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2016
Riverside Dialysis is not the same place as it used to be.The new DIRECTOR has no respect with fellow employees . I just wish they should have selected the best leader for that position.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Rude Manager
place to work
Patient care technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
a typical day a work can be a challenge with different patients coming to the clinic.

the most enjoyable part of the job? know that I can make a difference on the way that i treat them, maybe I can not heal them, but I can make feel them better by they are under my care.

Harris Health System Reviews by Location