Harris Health System

Harris Health System Employer Reviews

Great place to work but I felt stagnant.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: helping people with low income/no healthcare insurance
Cons: not properly organized to have a better system available to take care of people in a timely manner
A better system should be implemented to take care of patients in a timely manner. If you have patients that are terminally ill then allow those patients to remain with the same physician than switch every year due to this being a teaching facility organization.
Leadership is poor, which makes this place lacking.
Informational System Charge Master Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: poor and incompetent leadership
Management and upper leadership don't know what they are doing. They are running the place into the ground. I would work here again, once management and the Board of Directors leave, and they are replaced with more competent leaders. They know nothing about running a healthcare organization.
wonderful work place.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: self scheduling
Cons: unavailable new graduate nurse practitioner jobs
Moderately busy with lots of exposure to various situations. Workers are supportive and work as a team. Small salary increments.
County Hospital
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 3 breaks per shift including 30 minute lunch. (am & pm break)
Cons: expected to work some weekends
Pretty decent place to work as for work-life balance. Just like anywhere else, there are politicians and politics. Overall, do your part and don't worry about anything that doesn't affect you directly and everything should be great. Surgeons are pleasant to work with as well as Residents. Equipment is usually broken down, hard to find, or just outdated; afterall, it's a county hospital. Can definitely learn a lot; all different types of procedures except robotics. The most enjoyable part of a work day for me is saving someone's life.
Great Place to work and attend college
HIM (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: advancment, pto, 401k
Cons: short breaks
The days are easy going and fast paced. Work days are straight forward. The people and patients are all nice people.
excellent place for professional growth
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 27, 2014
also good benefits and competitive salary. helping the residents of harris countyis my favorite part of my job. when needed to go back to school, they allowed me to transfer to a more flexible schedule job
Fast pace and challenging
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 18, 2014
High Volume Calls and Greet all patients, Registered Patients, Provide accurate phone numbers, for specialty departments, clinics, & pharmacy,verify eligibility and insurance.

Co-workers are always there to give each other feed back when updates occur, such as requirements for a specialty department, when a doctor has moved to another clinic.

Having to relay to patients appointments are several months away

Assisting patients in there time and need
Productive and giving company
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lunch and learn seminars
Cons: healthcare expense
I work in an intense productive driven environment, with the claims processing system we are continuously upgrading to make the claims processing run smoother on a daily basis.
I have learned how to multi-task and put out fires as they arise.
Management team are very nurturing and hands on mentors and are preparing me for another Management Position in my career.
Good place to work.
Quality Management Informatics Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2014
I have worked here for 6 years. Many changes in organization recently.
typical day at work
Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2014
I had a great experience working their.
great staff
co-worker were very friendly.
great team ethic
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
If willing to invest long-term, opportunity to advance is there
Professionall reward, team oriented, fun
Urgent Care, Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), ambulatory clinic in downtownSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, great working staff
Cons: frequent turnover in nursing management, somewhat disorganized in certain areas of mangement overall
The workplace was incredibly satisfying due to the staff I had working with me. My supervisor was incredible and the nursing staff was first rate. I spent 11 years there and hated leaving, but due to starting my Doctorate, I had to switch to registry, part-time and they needed a full-time Triage NP for this position.
experiences
Pharmacy Technician/Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2014
great place to work, great co-workers.
hardest part of the job is dealing with management
Verry Productive orgaize place to work
Supplemental Benefits Assistant / Harris Health (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Great management team, we all work as one team to provide the best service to our county hospitals employee.
Eligibility Counselor/ Intake Interviewer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: tedious workload
Working in the place gives you a great opportunity to meet different types of people. Co-workers worked together as a team. The manager was fun and fair
Family like
Security Officer 1 (Former Employee), Ben TaubAugust 18, 2014
Pros: everything
its a great place to work at.
They made me feel right at home and treated me like family.
so far I have nothing to complain at. Co-workers and staff get the job done quick!
ok
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2014
it was a good lace to work until the laid off a lot of us. they don't like giving pay raise
The BEST Healthcare System & BEST Convenience
Patient Access (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County which includes 16 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.
Good company to work for
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 15, 2014
I have learned a lot of stuff here; im just looking for a place where I can grow.
Terrible management
PAC Scheduler (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2014
Management does not care about employees. Very high turn over rate