Harris IT Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work but think the division was sold
Resource Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 14, 2017
Harris ITS was a great place to work! The culture was great, I worked with great people and had great management who used my skills to their best advantage. They were very ethical and honest and I enjoyed every day I worked there! I was sad to say good bye but they had layoffs and I believe the division was sold a few years later.
If u want to be underpaid and overworked this is for you
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 3, 2017
Underpaid to do all sorts of non supply related work but yet union here has no guts to help in any situations... Nothing like being treated like a 5 year old even though I don't complain about daily tasks assigned to me like other warehouse workers do..If you are interested in this work life feel free to apply
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
No union representation, mangement
Awesome
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 25, 2017
After military service, this company helped me and entrusted my skills were in use as/where needed. I was "an equal" in the eyes of many even though there were many people whom had much more time with the company.
Great People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2017
Temporary contract administrative assistant position for database management, inventory of sensitive items, proofreading of documents, filing, and other general administrative assistant duties
Very disorganized management
Multimedia/web developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 19, 2017
Harris is a government contractor, as such the money for salaries comes from winning/keeping contracts. My time at Harris, I discovered that management mishandled the division of money between the groups, leading to layoffs and relocations into positions that weren't necessarily what employees were hired to do.
Pros
Having the opportunity to support the military
Cons
constantly feeling scrutinized
Typical IT business place
Business Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 11, 2017
Typical IT business place. Day to day operations included working out of a ticket queue and communicating with engineers on site. Management and upper level employees only drawback.
Pros
paid time for lunch
Cons
managment
Challenging Remote Location Overseas
Engineering Technician B (Current Employee) –  Diego GarciaFebruary 13, 2017
My time with Harris has been spent overseas as a remote systems maintainer. The environments I have been in have been incredibly hard on the equipment. The average temperature in Thule, Greenland is twenty degrees below zero in the winter, and the average humidity and temperature in Diego Garcia is nearly 100% humidity and 90 degrees. Both places contained high amounts of salt, and corrosion has always been an issue to fight.

My shifts has always been six shifts a week, 12 hours a day. The job is demanding and grueling, but Harris has always done its best to take care of the employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits package
Cons
Overworked at a remote sight, often 84 hour workweeks
Harris IT Services
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2017
Harris IT services was a great place to work as a government contractor. The pay was competitive and the management team was proactive about advancement.
Pros
Well established company with several great opportunities within the organization.
Cons
Could have had more formal training opportunities for employees.
Summary
Information Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work. Leadership is very knowledgeable. I would recommend this company. Company has a rich culture and cares about work life balance.
Very collaborative work environment
Procurement/Strategic Sourcing (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 7, 2017
High production work environment. Challenging work assignment. Great team work. Learned the strategic sourcing duties. Great training process for the daily job responsibilities.
Pros
Great support my senior management
Cons
Worke as a temp sssignment for 3 month.
Great company
Systems Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 17, 2016
Great company with good benefits and great people to work with. Very professional but still a comfortable environment to work in.
Harris is a major employer for federal contract work. They also make phone and radio hardware
Lead Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 12, 2015
My job with Harris was in their IT Services division in support of the Navy and Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI). I was the supervisor for a team 5 and we supported 20,000 users. 5,000 local and 15,000 remote

Our job was to design, install and maintain all the network devices. This included gateway routers, VPN and IPS hardware, server farm and user access switches. We also support the wireless and DSL links.

Harris was a great company and had generous benefits. Our contract ended and I needed to move on.
Pros
Extensive resources to assist in routine and emergency situations
Cons
Spent more time doing the paper work than we did performing most maintenance.
very strong in customer support and vision
Joint Interface Control Officer for CAOC-N (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVJune 10, 2015
Harris has a dynamic well trained management team that truly cares about it's employees and it shows. Customer demands are met quickly and without issues.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Logistics
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 3, 2015
Logistics is a lot of work, a large amount of items come in that you have to track and follow throughout the life of the asset. Also having to keep track of all proper paperwork for the transfer of every piece of equipment.
Professional and encouraging place to work gaining vast amount of experience
SRM Coordinator, HP Enterprise Services (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 18, 2015
After completing 20 years of service in the US Navy I eventually landed a job with Harris IT services which was a sub-contractor for HP servicing the US Navy providing Network Services. Also the company inspired me to attend school and graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Network Security. Unfortunately the contract between Harris and HP ended and I was laid off and currently unemployed seeking employment.
awesome company
Network Engineer/NMCI (Former Employee) –  honoluluApril 22, 2015
I had an excellent time working for Harrris IT Services. Would love to continue working for Harris. Unfortunately, contract ended. Unfortunately!
good
bad
Would not recommend
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado springs, COMarch 14, 2015
This company has its strong points but their too concerned about the making top dollar for themselves and not care about their techs.
Once was great, Now is Horrible
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Harris was once a great company to work for, but the new CEO (Bill Brown) has quickly allowed the company to be a place where employees leave for better pastures. The company's stock price is soaring due to department cuts, budget cuts, benefits cuts, business sector divestitures, increased efficiencies, and work force losses through major attrition. In fact, workforce is down by about 3000 employees in the past 3 years. This type of environment is producing employees who are overworked and underpaid. The best employees typically leave for better opportunities, leaving only the aging workforce looking for retirement, or new college grads. This business plan has destroyed a company that use to attract top talent, even though they paid sub-market salaries. Look for the CEO to take his golden parachute in the near future, and leave the next leader holding the bag, as this company crumbles under the weight of not having built any organic revenue growth since 2011.
Nice place to work, friendly co-workes
Senior Graphic Artist - Contract (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoy my opportunities working with the proposal staff at Harris ITS as well as with the Marketing department. Maybe one day, they will hire me full time. As a contractor I don't know much about their benefits or the capability of advancement.
Pros
Work from home when needed
Cons
I live a long ways away
Fast paced, challenging work environment
Network Engineer / Information Assurance Officer (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek OHAugust 25, 2014
Good employee benefits. Pay is low compared to industry standards.