HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY

HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY Employer Reviews

Harris Ranch
Production Packaging (Former Employee), Selma, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: bonuss
Cons: 15 min breaks. very cold
Good Hours fun working environment. Monday thru Friday set schedule. Saturday is overtime. The temps inside the working area are really cold. Step program. being late, missing a day, mixing meats all results in a step. Doctor appointments results in 1/2 step. Hard hat,Hair net smock are required.
enjoyable place to work
Inventory Control / R & M Buyer (Former Employee), Selma, CAJune 27, 2013
Pros: great boss, great co-workers
Cons: low pay
I really enjoyed working here. I had a great manager that would give me the freedom to do what I thought was right for the company as long as I kept him informed. The only downside was the pay.
fast paced job
Meat Cutter / Butcher (Former Employee), Selma, CAMay 21, 2013
the job was excellent and paid good. responsible for trimming the fat off the meat .
Stable, productive work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Selma, CAApril 26, 2013
Pros: consistent hours
I worked 6:30 to 2:30 mon-fri. I'd recieve large tubs of various cuts of beef to be weighed. upon weighing I would have to do simple mathematical formulas to determine the pounds of spice, marinade, vegetables and/or preservatives to be mixed with the beef. I learned how to prioritize and multi-task. Management was very good. co-workers always worked – more... together in one way or another. Hardest part of the job was probably the cold which of course was very easy to adjust to. – less
loading Dock
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Sanger, CAFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: good compay
Cons: union work enviroment
6 days a week environment, cold storage place supervisor's are very dependent people the employees also are very hard working people.
hard work, with a lot of pain in fingers and hands
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Selma, CANovember 7, 2012
Pros: 6:00 to 2:30 start early finish early
Cons: swollen fingers and hands pain waking up with lock fingers.
Takes a lot of hard work and a good attendance record to up on different jobs bids. No matter how many years you work for them they will replace you and let u go with out Being fair. As in my case got terminated with out being disciplined first.
productive workplace
packer (Former Employee), Selma, CASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: nice people, busy, and guarenteed hours
Cons: not enough time to put on smock and parking lot needs to be paved
At harris ranch you are on a constant move.Your day goes by extremely fast .The plant is so busy due to all the orders of the day and last minute ones as well.Management is stern but if you are a good empolyee you should not have any complaints.The hardest part of my job was working with someone not giving a team effort.The last thing you want is to – more... be partnered up with someone that does not care about their job.With that attiutude and working ability can taunt your work environment.Constantly making the line get backed up. Negative results doubling your workload.The thing I enjoyed the most was the people I worked with .The pay was aweome especially a check with OT, but the people I work with made the day more fun and productive. – less
Obtain excellent industry experience
Assistant Controller (Former Employee), Selma, CASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: annual bonus for salaried employees
Cons: lack of work life balance
demand excellence in performance
Six day workweek
top heavy management
Good place to learn all aspects of the meat industry.
Quality Control Food Technician (Former Employee), Selma, CAJuly 25, 2012
A typical day at work started anywhere from 4 to 6am. Learned how to manage my time effectively to complete pre operational inspection of a large amount of square footage and a lot of equipment. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 3am for pre operational inspection at 4am. I was able to learn an abundance of QA positions throughout the facility, – more... from the kill floor to offal to trim upgrade. – less
Ok place to work while you're looking for experience and a better job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Selma, CAJune 2, 2012
Management could use improving, I worked for 2 years here and received some training but no advancement. I feel I ga e 100 percent with little return. The pay is ok for entry level but tops out very low. Company provides few benifits , no company picnick. They give a watermellon to us on fourth of July.

deangeLo – October 23, 2012

what are the chances of getting in i just graduated from sjvc and no one wants to hire me because i have no job history with the title maintenace mechanic but i have the knowleadge and experiance from other job places. it sucks not being able to get a position in your field of study.