HARRIS RANCH BEEF COMPANY Employee Reviews

Don't work here unless it's the only place that will hire you
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJuly 15, 2017
If you can go somewhere else, go somewhere else. I was not fired. I was a driver, so I did not work in the plant. But from what I heard; avoid working at the plant if you can.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Environment sucks
Great and Challenging workplace
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAMay 6, 2017
It is what it is, Slaughter House. From the time the cattle arrive alive on the truck from the feed lot, till the the time they leave on a truck in a box, the level of respect and quality is never hindered.
Horrible and unprofessional
Lead Roamer (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAApril 22, 2017
All about favoritism and not performance. Unprofessional work environment. Yelling at employees in common areas. Raises were horrible and management was the worst. Never minded the hard work it was the people that were the problem.
Pros
I earned a living
Cons
Working at Harris
Busy work that is enjoyable and the days don't drag on
Stacker/ loader/ builder/ inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAApril 21, 2017
I loved working here all the employees are nice and hard working. When first hired on it was easy to make new work friends and fit right in. I would recommend anybody to work here for a good employment opportunity.
Pros
In-n-out would come serve us burgers sometimes
Dead end job
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Selma, CAMarch 28, 2017
poor management, poor pay, unsanitary restrooms, no advancing. no appreciation.cold & noisy environment. unprofessional leads with bad attitudes. favoritism based on social skills not work performance.
Pros
Free lunch 4 to 5 times a year
Cons
horrible benefits
Great place
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Selma, CADecember 23, 2016
Enjoyed the little time I had there even though it got cut short. Cool place to work at and grow. Nice benefits and hours also. Coworkers were also okay.
Not the best place to work.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selma, CADecember 15, 2016
I find it amazing that they can't seem to keep a receptionist. I worked there for four months and was absolutely miserable. Management was horrible, the employees were great.
If you like being micromanaged this is the place for you, also expect to work with Out of date office equipment, and plan to sign your life away if you need a pen or pencil.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Way too many to list.
fast paced work, very fast
Deli cutter/scale operator/machine operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsburg, CADecember 12, 2016
Harris ranch beef co was a great company to work with . I moved up to be a machine operator ,very fast and also a scale operator. we got paid every week , which was great . There was always room for overtime . I enjoyed learning new things at this job..
Pros
bounus attendence rewards
Overall god place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Selma, CADecember 2, 2016
i would like to find a job closer to home with room for advancement. Harris ranch is a great place to learn and get your experience.
Maintenance office and management
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJune 7, 2016
Harris office worker in Maintenance department were very hard to work with. Negative work place, you will be thrown to the wolves. The work was very easy but the atmosphere was draining. One person in particular made it her job to make sure she is the only one female working in that office.
Pros
easy work
Cons
uneasy work enviornment
steady reliable work
quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Selma, CADecember 1, 2015
This place has steady reliable work with benefits. Management and co-workers are great people who for the most part are easy to work with. I have acquired knowledge and experience from this company. The best part is the desire for team work and atmosphere of the work environment.
Pros
steady work
Cons
pay could be a little bit better
great employees
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Selma, CANovember 4, 2015
Very busy work place completing tasks with managers to insure good quality product sold. No benefits is a downfall, recommended for all high school graduates
had a awesome team
Maintenance Mechanic Highlights (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAOctober 8, 2015
my maintenance team was awesome had a good supervisor and manager at first then got a bad manager.was a steady flow of work distributed evenly. had a fun time working for them
Daily Challenges
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJuly 8, 2015
I miss the Daily Challenges our supervisors would give us daily. Weather it be to finish the day with a non injury or paperwork error free or being able to manage our time to finish in daily work hours.
good paying job had great benefits
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAMarch 23, 2015
I would run a high pressured hose to clean up blood from kill floor. i would have to lock and tag the equipment before i could start sanitizing the equipment. I've learned how to work at constant passe to get job done quickly. really never had a chance to talk to co worker only at lunch. The job was hard all they way threw in till i went home. My most enjoyable part of the day is when i clocked out to go home.
Pros
good money
Cons
man the job was supper hot and long horrible hours
good workplace
first legged cut (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAMarch 12, 2015
a day at work is to get my boots on and my gloves be at my station on time make sure my knives were ready and i was ready to work my coworkers were very helpfull when i needed to learn something.
Pros
provide bonuses for coming to work everyday
former driver
former (Former Employee) –  selma caMay 23, 2014
Long days low pay for the physical work you are expected to do. No lift gate no electric jack . expected to carry swinging beef froduct that can way over 200lbs on your back an carry to customers where it can be from 50 to 100yards away. Union shop who is good about taking your money but only care about the senior drivers. Out with the old in with the new is whattthis place needs. Too many people have been injured cause of the poor work practice. I'm just one opinion but while I was employed there all drivers where feeling the same way. No moral No comardity. Transportation Dept needs to really look at the real safety issues.
Productive and fast
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Selma, CASeptember 29, 2013
Would start work at 6, set up pallets and bins for sorted meats. Load and unload trailers and weigh pallets for the consumers. Very fast pace job. Coworkers were nice and very helpful spanish is a plus! The hardest part of the job was being in a very fast pace work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice fun coworkers and supervisors.
Pros
Bonus, Pay, and benefits
Cons
Very cold, turnover rate. Steps.
Harris Ranch
Production Packaging (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJune 29, 2013
Good Hours fun working environment. Monday thru Friday set schedule. Saturday is overtime. The temps inside the working area are really cold. Step program. being late, missing a day, mixing meats all results in a step. Doctor appointments results in 1/2 step. Hard hat,Hair net smock are required.
Pros
bonuss
Cons
15 min breaks. very cold
enjoyable place to work
Inventory Control / R & M Buyer (Former Employee) –  Selma, CAJune 27, 2013
I really enjoyed working here. I had a great manager that would give me the freedom to do what I thought was right for the company as long as I kept him informed. The only downside was the pay.
Pros
great boss, great co-workers
Cons
low pay