HARRIS REBAR Employee Reviews

Detailer/Bender/General Labor (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, INSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work. Good Location. Fun people. Good benefits. Just wanted to do something different. I don't like sitting behind a desk for too long.
Great place to work if you value job stability and career advancement.
Rebar Detailer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2017
Working at Harris is a good deal. You learn a lot, are given plenty of responsibility and there is plenty of room for advancement. Also a good crew to work with.
Pros
Monthly team building get-togethers and informative team meetings.
Cons
Some customers require good diplomatic skills.
Indescribable stressful experience.
AutoCAD Rebar Detailer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 6, 2017
Detailer - it is very interesting job position as a drafter. You will be visiting actual projects and meet people "behind the scenes". The company, in general, takes good care of employees. Safety is number one there. They make sure every employee is satisfied and happy with their position. Now, if we speak about Tacoma office itself, the team is great. The office has monthly activities that provide free lunch and team building activities. Twice a day everyone goes outside to stretch (to keep everyone healthy). Salary is enough and increases depending on your experience and productivity (although some of my ex-coworkers were unhappy with large work load and small salary). The position itself is very stressful. There is a continues pressure of due dates and error free great quality work. Management sometimes tends to micromanage your work and how you work. There will be moments when you will have to revise your work in a hurry, get yelled at (for errors) and will have to listen to humiliation in your address about your work. And on top of all that produce great quality drawings, on time and error free. Plus do a paperwork such as Timesheets, Change Orders, Schedules, and etc. This is definitely not a place for soft character people. You will rarely hear "good job" (which happens at other positions as well, but hey it doesn't hurt to say those two words more often to people). So, as I said NOT a place for soft people. To summarize, Company, in general, is fantastic (they take care about their employees). Although, that specific location need to work on communication and better  more... management (communication and production strategies). Position is very stressful but fun.  less
Pros
Benefits, salary, team, company events, paid vacation and sick days
Cons
a lot of pressure, stress, mentally exhausted
Fast paced for hard working individuals only
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 7, 2017
Fast paced very hard work. Job security, provide employees with a lot of OT, however worklife balance can become a concern. Managers will say what is necessary to get employees to accommodate their needs. Promised certain pay and not received
Very stressful working environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Zellwood, FLAugust 2, 2017
It was good for experience. I would rather serve people in the banquet world.

Too much paperwork and numbers to deal with.

They do not appreciate all your hard work.
Pros
pension plan
Cons
pay was good
Fun place to work
Rebar Detailer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TXJuly 27, 2017
good place for work as a detailer, this company also has a shop. Two sides to management branch manager is laid back, detailing manager is a good manager.
Great Place to Work.
Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  1627 south 7th west, S.L.CJuly 14, 2017
Excellent pay. Gets slow in the winter time.show upon time and be ready for work..great work environment. Safety comes first with employer & employees .
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Seasonal slowing.
Fun Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 11, 2017
Part time job was an amazing place to be with everyone being so positive and ready to work. It was a pleasure to help out people in other departments when help was needed.
great company
Corporate Detailer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2017
they were an extremely professional company. they had work coming in regardless of a slow economy. they did a good job of showing appreciation for their employees
Pros
great job
Cons
Enjoyable and fun work place.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 29, 2017
Working here has helped me gain financial and life stability. The company is ran well and the people who work there are good people. I very much enjoyed my time there.
Pros
free meals often, good people, and fun to work at.
Poor Communication
Rebar Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91766June 17, 2017
Ok place to work as a temporary job, not long term. Room for advancement depends on how much your manager or lead man like you. Favoritism plays a big role in how you get to advance, not how well you work or know how to do the job your being paid to do.
This was a high pace, stressful job.
Detailer 1 (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2017
High pace, stressful, huge learning curve, but worthwhile. Great management, and excellent teamwork. This job really worked on my communication skills.
iron worker apprentice
Iron workers (Former Employee) –  HawaiiJune 6, 2017
worked with hard working men. always on the move to get things done. i learned from the iron workers we don't wait for nobody. We have to get the job DONE.
Pros
good money, had work
Cons
hard on your body, back
It's a tough place to work in. Lots of metals on the floor. The management is poor, and the boss wasn't being productive.
Fabricator Helper (Former Employee) –  125 South Port Rd. Albany, New YorkApril 12, 2017
The workplace was difficult to work in. Lots of metal bars, and heavy metal bars on the floor makes it dangerous to work. The management is poor, and it should be better
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Ironworker Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2017
Good place to work but not work all the time so can be sitting at home for long periods of time. Compensation and benefits are good but that's only if you're getting steady work.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Hot days
Relaxing yet focused environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Princeton, IllinoisFebruary 28, 2017
My time at Harris Rebar was short due to a family emergency and I had to quit my internship which only lasted about 3 weeks. I enjoyed everything about it, great co-workers, It was the first time I ever operated Rebar Cad so I learned a different software to a certain extent but overall I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Longer breaks to allow Cad designers to maybe stretch.
Cons
Very quiet atmosphere
Productive workplace
Shop Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Riverside, ALJanuary 11, 2017
A good company to work for with a family friendly atmosphere. Excellent benefits and competitive wages to start. Heavy focus on safety quality work and production.
Fun Job
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 5, 2017
This job is overall fun and the mangers and workers are great to be around,. Always nice to see some fun caring people , Some days are the job is long since there wasn't a lot to do .. but for the most part it was a fun job,,
Barker Steel was a great Company to work for. Barker/Harris was ok.
Production Control Leader (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJJanuary 4, 2017
A day to day basis I delt with production challenges as we tried to meet costomer needs.I had good people to work with both in the office and in the shop. Under New Management ajusting to the structure and changes was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed the work and the people.
It was an OK job.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, PADecember 19, 2016
With the bay doors open this warehouse environment feels like working outdoors. This relaxed, work at your own pace, and most importantly, be careful with your surroundings. We are working with machines that bend rebar at odd angles and with incredible pressure that can break bones. Seen it done with some of our own workers.