HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Employee Reviews

It is a learning experience
Professional Medical Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 26, 2017
Working in adult education is a challenge everyday.People come in from all walks of life and make changes in order to successful in the fields they study.
Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAApril 25, 2017
Rewarding career as you assist in changing the lives of young adults with a diverse background by assisting with training, building soft skills and obtaining employment.
Pros
Observing and witnessing adults lives change
Cons
Students who cannot complete program due to economic issues
great place to start your career
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 16, 2017
absolute pleasure to work for this company would recommend this to anyone just starting off in the medical field. Really enjoyed my boss and my staff and patients
laid off
Surgical Technology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 6, 2017
Was laid off because of cut back in the Harris System . Great place to get your feet wet . Loved to instruct . Would I go back after what I have learned of this place . Dought it . No more said .
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Unprofessional Environment - No Guideness from Administration
MST - Instructor (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work was a war zone. Management encourage this behavior by not allowing faculty to stop their unprofessional behavior. I learned nothing positive this experience made me fearful everyday.
Hardest part of the job was controlling students that sincerely did not want to be there. They arrived late, walked out of class when they wanted, cheated on test, they were very combative and very unprofessional. Supplies were always a problem, we were without any copy paper for a few weeks as well as ink for the copier.
Pros
Clean building -
Cons
Unprofessional never backed up faculty and allow students to run the school
productive busy
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  cherry hill, njJanuary 20, 2017
I loved doing what I did. The student were a bit challanging but thats what kepted the job entertaining. I really cared about my students and what was best for them.
Not pleasant
Instructor/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 20, 2017
I would advise not to work there, they do not opay over time, classes are from 2 students to 10 management is horrible, they bank your hours its illegal
Pros
Cons
You work and over time is not paid
Don't care about their employees
MA instructor (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJDecember 8, 2016
I have too many horrible things to say. Only positive thing I can say is it allowed me to teach and see that I love teaching . Corporate sucks, management sucks, . Instructors can get away with anything and corporate will keep them so they don't have to have a lawsuit, after many many years it's time for me to leave.
Pros
Students
Cons
List is way to long to list
A rewarding career
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 7, 2016
An experience to remember. I discovered what I don't want in my next career opportunity.

I enjoy my students and instructors very much.

The position was very rewarding.
Experience and Helpfulness of the Teachers is Amazing
Harris as a teacher of education (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 8, 2016
I started at Harris School of Business and I just love it. Everyone is so nice and understanding. Helpful and caring. Our staff members really show that they care about the students welfare and their needs. The school goes out of the way to make the students feel welcome. We have ice cream socials, Terrific Tuesdays, Wacky Wednesdays, National Lollipop day. Our director of education is always coming up with something that brings the moral of the students and faculty up to meet the bar. The standards are high at Harris and we strive to keep it that way.
Pros
Lunches and free coffee
Cons
Breaks are to short, no raises
Good experience
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cherry , NJJuly 6, 2016
Instruct students
Create your own lecture notes, tests, and keep accurate grades
I learned how to be a better teacher
My Co-workers were "every man for himself"
The hardest part of the job was getting no support from management and dealing with a constant negative environment
The most enjoyable part was my night students and payday
Pros
The students
Cons
no health care no support from management and no raises
A nice place to work
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAMarch 30, 2016
I appreciate Harris School of Business for giving me my first opportunity to be a real life Instructor and I will never forget this school for helping me to realize my love to teach and help others.
Challenging experience
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 16, 2016
An at-will school for certificate programs, available work depends heavily on matriculation of new students.

With limited advertising resources, it has been difficult for administration to keep classes full.

While I enjoyed the time teaching, It was time to move on to more productive job opportunities
Pros
Good pay, when hours are available
Cons
Hard to keep the classrooms full
Management sucks
director (Current Employee) –  somewhereJanuary 5, 2016
Used to be a nice company to work for, but management got greedy and all they care about is money. they dont care if you are sick and cannot come in to work, they expect you to work 14 hours day but only pay you for 8.
Pros
Cons
too long to list
very great school
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 15, 2015
great people, great environment very good way to start your career in whatever you want to do. good start for a new career
Great Peolple
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 28, 2015
Its not so much what is done as much as it is who we do it with. The staff here is great and the services we provide are amazing. Lives are changed on a daily basis, and even with challenges the journey is always well worth it..
Pros
great core
Cons
needed to expand
Great environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 21, 2015
Made many wonderful colleges at work. Everything was managed well.
Learned how to be more professional when dealing with students.
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
hours are usualy cut short
Friendly atmosphere
Lead Instructor for Business Program (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 14, 2015
The school is a positive reinforcement in the community. It has given adult students the opportunity to establish some value in their lives by taken careers in medical and massage therapy for a transformation of purpose.
A simple day at Harris School of Business
Professional Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at Harris School of Business is simply you come to school begin your work. You are there for 8 hours a day/ 40 hours a week. The hours are from 8:00 am-3:00 pm Monday-Friday.The instructors are awesome. You have a lunch break and two personal breaks in between classes. At the end of the day you can say that you learned something. The program ends after 9 months.
Pros
Great location, 9 month program
Cons
Not garanteed to find work after externship
not a great place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 6, 2015
there are never supplies available that you need to teach

there is no accountability of the students

poor management

if a student fails they are passed any way
Pros
Cons
not enough pay, not enough support for the stagg

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9