HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS

HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Instructor (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Friendly and helpful co-workers. Fun learning environment for the students. Plenty of training on the job, and online.
learning oppurtunity and great experience
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee), Upper Darby, PAFebruary 15, 2015
It is great working at and being an registered medical assistant student is a great opportunity to learning effective material at Harris school of business.
productive place to learn
Professional Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great teachers
Cons: short breaks
Its a good school you just have to be willing to do the work and attend class. The programs are longer but you do have lots of hand on training and hopefully I will find a job as soon as I leave here.
Recruiter for a trade school
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: work environment
Cons: pay and no room for growth
I like the job and my coworkers. It is kind of like a sales job because I have to sell students on why they should choose our program. It is up my alley because I like to help people.
Infrastruction of the company
Director of Student Advocates (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day at this company was to oversee the daily activities of the admissions department which include, admissions training and development, review of daily, weekly and monthly sales goals. Meeting of the minds with the school director to increase/ generate personally developed leads. What I learned with working for this company is my likes and dislikes in working for an organization.
Director of Externship
DIRECTOR OF EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 12, 2015
This position was a full time and required many hours beyond the required hours. Although I worked holidays and many late evenings i don't think it was appreciated.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee), Upper Darby Pa, 19082January 2, 2015
I make calls, fax, email, do excel work, scan, audits. I learn a lot at this company. The hardest part about this job is the people that work here.
A educational and informative medical school.
Professional Instructor for Medical Assistants (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2014
Pros: updated information to keep you informed.
Cons: short breaks
Preparing academic curriculum for each subject assigned. Following specific instruction for aggregate of courses of study given at Harris School of Business.

Teaching students Medical Assistants to prepare them for their future careers.

Working with them as a individuals and as a class with team effort.

Teaching lifestyle, to show them how to present themselves in a professional environment.

Teaching care, courtesy, and respect of others.

Teaching working in a healthy and safe environment.

Teaching them to check and re-check patient identity(Name and birthdate).
Not at all what I expected
Career Services (Former Employee), Dover, DEOctober 13, 2014
Pros: seeing a true student graduate. end of the day.
Cons: everything. over priced for the "degree" the student receives.
Every Monday morning there is a meeting with an upper management person discussing the goals for the week. The goals were set way to high. Students who have graduated need to be placed at jobs. Most of those students are pushed through the system and should not be working in the medical field. I was told that there needed to be 8 new contracts a week. Getting a contract with a doctors office or hospital to take our students was very difficult. As soon as I mentioned I worked for the Harris School of Business, people were no longer interested. After getting a contract, our students would argue with the site or just show up when they wanted to.
I was promised one salary and received a much lower one after I signed the contract. They tell you that they have health insurance, however it is through Obama Care!
I would never recommend this place. You will never have a family life. Also the way management speaks about students and teachers is totally unprofessional.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia,PAOctober 6, 2014
Direct all phone calls
Update information
Review and complete all financial info
Answer and address all staff and student questions
Update monthly records
Update all student and staff information
terrible
Dental Assisting Certification (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAJanuary 24, 2014
Cons: no enough hands on training
I only had a few good memories here with about 3 teachers that actually taught me something
Do not go
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Upper Darby, PAJanuary 16, 2014
medical assistant
two shifts a day
nice teachers
students are not there
to learn but have high school
relationships with each other
Met wonderful people
STUDENT MASSAGE THERAPY CLINIC (Former Employee), wilmingtonDecember 25, 2013
Pros: internship and hands on
Teachers and staff was caring and fun, They made sure that you understood and would work with you if you did not
Excellent workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Dover, DEOctober 15, 2013
Pros: excellent workplace.
Cons: can not advance yourself.
Excellent workplace. Great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the students.
Teaching alot of related material that they can use to multitask, it's fun teaching the things I have learned in my career as a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Dover, DEAugust 6, 2013
Pros: watching my students graduate and start thier new career!
Cons: not much prep time for new classes
Don't really have a lot to say, just burning out and in dire need of not a job but a new career. I work hard and catch on pretty easy and I am dependable and a team player.
This is a school
Student (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 26, 2013
Good School, Great instructor. the courses were very informative. But the schools management was a skewed as in there was none.
By far the best employer I have had. Team work is a normal state of being there.
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee), Wilmington, Delaware CamousJune 1, 2013
The hardest and challenging part of this job is to help students with difficulties achieve their goals.. I welcomed this task every day.
Teaching students to obtain careers in the medical industry
Medical Billing/Coding Instructor-Department Lead (Current Employee), Voorhees/Linwood NJMay 8, 2013
Pros: watching students pass their certification exam and hired
Cons: watching students no complete for personal reasons
A place where you engage with students daily providing them with the skills and tools needed to obtain careers in the medical industry. Create lesson plans to fulfill syllabi requirements.
No values at all.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 30, 2012
This is a horrible company in which to work. They do not train their associates yet expect them to hit impossible numbers. Very high turnover rate due to management not understanding the challenges. I would call this place of employment basically a mill. They hire people and make them feel welcomed, throw them on the phones to talk people into going to school (most who accidently filled out information MAYBE wanting to attend school) then when certain percentages are not hit, fire people. This is NOT a job for someone who has a family. The hours are long and management will let you go without warning. Very cut throat.
school
Dental Assisting Program (Current Employee), Upper Darby, PAJuly 31, 2012
This is adult education program schooling dental assistant

About HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS

Harris School of Business is part of the Premier Education Group family of schools: Branford Hall Career Institute, Salter College, – Read more