HARRIS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging experience
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 16, 2016
An at-will school for certificate programs, available work depends heavily on matriculation of new students.

With limited advertising resources, it has been difficult for administration to keep classes full.

While I enjoyed the time teaching, It was time to move on to more productive job opportunities
Pros
Good pay, when hours are available
Cons
Hard to keep the classrooms full
Management sucks
director (Current Employee) –  somewhereJanuary 5, 2016
Used to be a nice company to work for, but management got greedy and all they care about is money. they dont care if you are sick and cannot come in to work, they expect you to work 14 hours day but only pay you for 8.
Pros
Cons
too long to list
very great school
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 15, 2015
great people, great environment very good way to start your career in whatever you want to do. good start for a new career
Great Peolple
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 28, 2015
Its not so much what is done as much as it is who we do it with. The staff here is great and the services we provide are amazing. Lives are changed on a daily basis, and even with challenges the journey is always well worth it..
Pros
great core
Cons
needed to expand
Great environment
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 21, 2015
Made many wonderful colleges at work. Everything was managed well.
Learned how to be more professional when dealing with students.
Pros
wonderful coworkers
Cons
hours are usualy cut short
Friendly atmosphere
Lead Instructor for Business Program (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 14, 2015
The school is a positive reinforcement in the community. It has given adult students the opportunity to establish some value in their lives by taken careers in medical and massage therapy for a transformation of purpose.
A simple day at Harris School of Business
Professional Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 9, 2015
A typical day at Harris School of Business is simply you come to school begin your work. You are there for 8 hours a day/ 40 hours a week. The hours are from 8:00 am-3:00 pm Monday-Friday.The instructors are awesome. You have a lunch break and two personal breaks in between classes. At the end of the day you can say that you learned something. The program ends after 9 months.
Pros
Great location, 9 month program
Cons
Not garanteed to find work after externship
not a great place to work
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 6, 2015
there are never supplies available that you need to teach

there is no accountability of the students

poor management

if a student fails they are passed any way
Pros
Cons
not enough pay, not enough support for the stagg
Internal politics involved
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NJJune 22, 2015
I started out with great hours. Was quoted a different salary than I recieved less than promised. Then internal politics got involved because they needed a person of another race and I was white.
Love to teach
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 20, 2015
I enjoy teaching so I can not complain much. Corporate and management can be changed and is not the greatest. My co-workers are excellent and enjoy coming to work to see them.
Cons
No benefits
Great Place to Work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 19, 2015
Friendly and helpful co-workers. Fun learning environment for the students. Plenty of training on the job, and online.
learning oppurtunity and great experience
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAFebruary 15, 2015
It is great working at and being an registered medical assistant student is a great opportunity to learning effective material at Harris school of business.
productive place to learn
Professional Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Its a good school you just have to be willing to do the work and attend class. The programs are longer but you do have lots of hand on training and hopefully I will find a job as soon as I leave here.
Pros
great teachers
Cons
short breaks
Recruiter for a trade school
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 25, 2015
I like the job and my coworkers. It is kind of like a sales job because I have to sell students on why they should choose our program. It is up my alley because I like to help people.
Pros
work environment
Cons
pay and no room for growth
Infrastruction of the company
Director of Student Advocates (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 21, 2015
Typical day at this company was to oversee the daily activities of the admissions department which include, admissions training and development, review of daily, weekly and monthly sales goals. Meeting of the minds with the school director to increase/ generate personally developed leads. What I learned with working for this company is my likes and dislikes in working for an organization.
Director of Externship
DIRECTOR OF EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 12, 2015
This position was a full time and required many hours beyond the required hours. Although I worked holidays and many late evenings i don't think it was appreciated.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Upper Darby Pa, 19082January 2, 2015
I make calls, fax, email, do excel work, scan, audits. I learn a lot at this company. The hardest part about this job is the people that work here.
A educational and informative medical school.
Professional Instructor for Medical Assistants (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 15, 2014
Preparing academic curriculum for each subject assigned. Following specific instruction for aggregate of courses of study given at Harris School of Business.

Teaching students Medical Assistants to prepare them for their future careers.

Working with them as a individuals and as a class with team effort.

Teaching lifestyle, to show them how to present themselves in a professional environment.

Teaching care, courtesy, and respect of others.

Teaching working in a healthy and safe environment.

Teaching them to check and re-check patient identity(Name and birthdate).
Pros
updated information to keep you informed.
Cons
short breaks
Not at all what I expected
Career Services (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEOctober 13, 2014
Every Monday morning there is a meeting with an upper management person discussing the goals for the week. The goals were set way to high. Students who have graduated need to be placed at jobs. Most of those students are pushed through the system and should not be working in the medical field. I was told that there needed to be 8 new contracts a week. Getting a contract with a doctors office or hospital to take our students was very difficult. As soon as I mentioned I worked for the Harris School of Business, people were no longer interested. After getting a contract, our students would argue with the site or just show up when they wanted to.
I was promised one salary and received a much lower one after I signed the contract. They tell you that they have health insurance, however it is through Obama Care!
I would never recommend this place. You will never have a family life. Also the way management speaks about students and teachers is totally unprofessional.
Pros
seeing a true student graduate. end of the day.
Cons
everything. over priced for the "degree" the student receives.
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,PAOctober 6, 2014
Direct all phone calls
Update information
Review and complete all financial info
Answer and address all staff and student questions
Update monthly records
Update all student and staff information