Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter Employee Reviews

typical day at work
Asst Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2015
coming into work I like to greet my dept staff make sure everything alright ask what have they done in the time of there shift as im talking to them im walking the dept.i check store sells to see what the goal for today is. I start checking for signage check for product quality. talk to costumers walking through dept
My typical day is dealing with customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2015
I love dealing with the public. In my store we have a lot of older people coming in and I love dealing with them. I have got to know a lot of them. I work well with my managers. I think it is because I have to I give my all into the job. I get along well with all of my co-workers. A lot of them I have trained. Even some of the ones that have become managers I was there original trainer. The hardest part about this job is when I go and start into my new career as a nurse it will be hard leaving and saying good by. Even some of the customers that came in while they starting families. I have grown attached. I have watched these babies grow up. But I am ready to move into the new phase of my life.
Pros
Dealing with my customers and helping my older people.
Cons
The only con I can see is leaving
great place to work had alot of new friends
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2015
prep food for the day including pack chickens pack pre packs of all kinds of salads set up sub station slice meats for sub bar 2 whole roast beefs 2 whole deli hams 4 whole oven gold turkeys slice cheeses 1 yellow american 1 white american 1 whole swiss 3 whole provolone and serve customers in between all that the customers come first
Pros
great place to work
Cons
having the corporation office next door we were under a mikroscape all the time
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCAugust 24, 2015
Beautiful store, great people to work with, customers were awesome! I never had a bad day at work! It's a very welcoming atmosphere.
Pros
annual raise, bonus checks
Cons
not enough hours, poor management, multiple tasks
productive and fun place to work
DELI BAKERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2015
learned to mentor employees, management skills, hardest part of job was terminating employees, enjoyed the customer service of the job, and mentoring employees at different levels of job tasks
Friendly workplace with a lot of enthusiasm
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 23, 2015
Great workplace to gain beginner skills in retail with a half and half management. I learned to service customers in multiple ways and also count money with many other bookkeeping-like skills. Co-workers are friendly and all are diligent. Hardest part of the job was constantly changing management. Best part of the job was having a great team along with great customers.
reliable and strong work place.
Deli Team Lead/ Fresh Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2015
It was a challenging but rewarding place to work. I learned how to work well as a team and how to be an effective team leader. The days could be long at times but it helped me learn how to manage my time effectively.
great place to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VaAugust 20, 2015
awesome. I loved the customers. Great opportunity for growth. Workable benefits. Clean and safe environment. Co-workers were very nice and the hardest part was getting the customers out the store in timely manner.
Great environment and benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 20, 2015
Harris Teeter is a great company to work for. Offering bonuses twice a year, tuition reimbursement for students, and opportunities to grow and further yourself within the company are just a few of HT's benefits. By working there you are able to build relationships with customers that will carry you though out your years working at this grocery store. Holidays are tough with endless lines and long shifts but management does there best to accommodate you in every way that they can.
fun, friendly workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2015
i learned that every customer needs to leave with a smile
customer service is about helping people, meeting their needs, so that they will be satisfied when they leave
Great customer service experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2015
It was a very stable work enviorment. Great place to learn customer service skills. Management was very nice, worked well with all of the employees. Everyone worked together and helped eachother out.
Not so good management
Cashier - part-time (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2015
They had their picks on who they were going to promote. Also with the schedule it just wasn't fair. Need better management
Pros
Working in the store you can shop for your own person needs before and after work
Cons
never really get your breaks unless you fuss about it
Competitive pay not a fun/enjoyable place to be
Cashier and Overnight Stock (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 18, 2015
At Harris Teeter they genuinely care about each and every customer, but on the other hand they do not treat their own employees with the same amount of appreciation.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits for part time employees
constantly challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, Va.August 18, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Harris Teeter, High standards and expectations create a challenging atmosphere. 50-70 hour work weeks, most people working for me are great,

Hardest part of the job is the people.
The best part off the job are the people.
Pros
pay
Cons
upper management
ehhh
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2015
wasn't the biggest fan of management. hours were all over the place and wasn't consistent to what my availability was. benefits were exceptional, unfortunately there was a large amount of drama.
a typical day at work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 17, 2015
for me is seeing and making my customers happy. by assisting with all their concerns and problems i always enjoy coming into work to see my fellow work mate
produce clerk
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2015
Everyday is busy, the produce manager is very straight forward he makes sure you learn everything about the department and if you don't understand what is going on or what to do he would go over it with you until you know what to do. My co-workers are very helpful. its not no hard part of the job. I enjoy my job but I'm trying to reach my goal and that is working in the medical field with children.
Fun place to work
Customer Service & Home Shop Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 14, 2015
I have earned experience from working at Harris Teeter and feel the skills I have developed will be a great fit for a receptionist / administrative position with another company.
Nice customers and inconsistent management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 13, 2015
Arrived to work then I would be asked to either gather carts, bag groceries, clean rooms, and sweep floors along with other duties that are connected to the job or I would see something to be done and do it. Stay active on the job. The management needed some consistency in fairness and honesty in the evaluation of themselves and how they treat employees. I liked my co-workers and got along with them well, but management was a different story. The hardest part of the job was gathering carts. The most enjoyable part was interacting with nice people.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
consistency of management
Productive work environment with a sense of service.
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cornelius, NCAugust 12, 2015
Harris Teeter Is a great company with excellent benefits. I learned world class customer service skills and how to work in a quick pass enviorment as well as the ability to adapt to change. Management can be a little stressful at times but overall they are excellent at prioritizing and coming up with sensible solutions to problems. The people I work with are overall happy and easy to get along with. The hardest part about working for Harris Teeter is the hours. I enjoy the people there, customer and and associate alike.