Harris Teeter

Harris Teeter Employee Reviews

Good Company Not So Good Management
Fresh Foods Clerk (Current Employee), High Point, NCJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits and rewards programs
Cons: management not always qualified to manage
The company is a good one, however the management team is incompetent and shows favortism to certain employees. Other than the management team this is a decent place to work, especially if you are in school or have another job.
clean customer service oriented company
Cashier/Meat clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
"Very professional and clean environment. The products are the best quality in the city and great customer service if you have any problems.
Ok company
Asst. Market Manager BBT. Completed BBT (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: a constant rigorous pace
A well established company that caters to customers to the point its over the top. Employee expectations are quite rigorous.
Great place to make a career
Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: hours
There is a lot of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to do the work. You must have a lot of flexibility and an open schedule to be able to advance into management.
Harris Teeter
Customer Service/HBC Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Weekly Pay Profit Sharing
I enjoyed working for Harris Teeter, I really appreciate the opportunity to grow within the company. Most enjoyable part of my job was been able to interact with customers. You will have loyal customers who you will build relationship. Favorite position was a vendor receiver.
Productive fun workplace
Lead Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2015
Cons: No benefits
Fun work place with supportive management and customers. This was one of my first jobs and I really enjoyed growing with this company. the hardest part of the job was dealing with customer who clearly did not understand certain policies of the store. I am good at helping others understand and taking a stand for what is right and making all parties comfortable.
Great High School Job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2015
Good 401K, Weekly Pay
The company is very customer experience based so you will learn how to treat the customer right and provide excellent customer service. The company continues to grow and also believes in furthering education and will help assist high school students transitioning into college.
Department/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 21, 2015
great company recently bought out by a larger chain, however employee views state company still remains strong and enjoyable
Productive environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers
Cons: not challenging
Every day was a good day with great customers and good coworkers. The workload is not too hard and very fast paced. The work is not challenging for me personally.
Great Place to work fellow associates ,customers made you glad to come in.
Fresh Food Deli Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great locations convient for shopping after work.
Cons: noit getting relived for brakes.
Clock in, speak to all who crossed my path .Give out cookies to the customers children, fill orders from the LaBara Bread to waiting on customers in the Deli,Bakery Deserts,to making prepared food sandwiches various items from our food case.My coworkers made it fun .. They were from different ares of the workd which you gained important knowledge from them, helping to you to educated yourself,thus allowing you to be able to wait on customers who are from different local areas as well as different parts of the world. Making sure the next days products were there,some times it fell through the cracks.making my job harder. Fun part of my job was knowing that I made a person smile as they are leaving my counter weather its my bread counter or deli or bakery.Assising people who need assistance such as handicap customers,and senior citizens,assisting them putting their groceries in their car.or guiding them to something they need.Orhelping mothers who need an extra pai of hands with babies or small kids.
Alright as long as you don't plan to stay long.
CASHIER, DAIRY/FROZEN CLERK (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2015
The work isn't that hard and management is alright, but the problem comes when it comes to compensation over time. If the base pay for employees increases don't expect a raise to put you at or over the new minimum. No pay increase if you switch departments and corporate policies are worthless and stop you from doing your job effectively.
I loved wrking at Harris Teeter
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: none
Harris Teeter was a great place to work. The management and staff were terrific. The customers were very sweet. The job and the environment were comfortable and laid back.
Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2015
Good job for when I was in high school and college because of the flexible hours. I received 2 bonus checks every year. You can receive paid vacation as a part-time worker if you work enough hours.
Hours were always up and down
DAIRY/FROZEN CLERK (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2015
The hours weren't consistent enough, they were different every week. Always understaffed, tons of work to do and no time to do it.
Grocery store with a 'restaurant' in it
Chef Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: 10% discount on HT brands, profit sharing every 6 months
Cons: Very early hours and late shifts
Harris Teeter is a nice company to work for. They have profit sharing every 6 months. As an employee, you get 10% off all Harris Teeter brand products. Now, you will work hard here. Production is constant. The need to package, cook, and prepare items for the next day, or shift, is an ongoing endeavor, and in some cases, an epic challenge. I have worked at my store for over 5 years and the list of things to do everyday has gotten longer every year. That is cool. I am willing to except the job that is needed to be done, but my store is severely under staffed. Upper management believes that we are staffed to par, but most associates do not agree, and are feed up with it. I do not blame them. In my opinion, they are correct and I also feel over burdened.

Oh well, right.
A good place to work and expand my responsibilities and knowledge in a field that was new to me.
Receiver/ Bagger (Current Employee), South College Rd. Store # 158July 12, 2015
Pros: The amount of walking required has been a plus for me.
Cons: The lack of cooperation / communication between employees.
I have enjoyed my time with the Harris Teeter Company. I have expanded my knowledge in customer service relations as well as in the grocery retail business. I enjoy working for the group of managers that I work under. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people daily.
this is a good place to work for a first job. Great pay, benifits and people
Cashier (Former Employee), Cornelius, NCJuly 12, 2015
Pros: bonus's, flexible schedule for students
Cons: hard to advance, hard to find a full time position
The job is great because of its competitive rates. It was my first job back in 2007 and they offered me $7.25 an hour then. There are biannual bonus's which is the best part. The customers at Harris Teeter can feel entitled, and be rude. The worst part is that it can be hard to advance. I worked in three different departments and knew customer services job like the back of my hand but instead of offering me a promotion it went to a girl who had been there only few months. I have been there for about four years or more. This is a good starter job because its hard to get a fulltime position.
Great Place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCJuly 10, 2015
Harris Teeter is a great place to work! You always meet new people that become great friends or some you may consider family. Your work hours are very flexible and management is very understanding and truly cares for his/her employees
Okay Part-Time place to start as a young adult.
Starbucks Lead Clerk (Former Employee), Boone, NCJuly 9, 2015
High Turn-Over
Little importance/appreciation placed on the employee
Little to no room for advancement.
Pay that is not representative of the work that is expected to be completed.
very productive work place
deli clerk (Current Employee), uptownJuly 9, 2015
Pros: we get gift cards for excellent customer service
Cons: the part timers dont get any good insurance or personal and sick days
my work place is always fast pace. i learned alot of skills working for the company like decorating cakes, i learned how to use a slicer, and i also learned how to make deli trays. my management team is always changing , my co workers are very easy to get along with. there really isnt a hard part of my job. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know some of our regular customers and knowing them by their first names.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harris Teeter

In 1936, W.T. Harris opened the first Harris Food Store in Charlotte, NC. The store was founded on three principles: high-quality – Read more

Harris Teeter Salaries