Harrisburg Area Community College Employee Reviews

Hacc
Support Technician Assistant - Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Nice place to get some experience while studying for your degree.
Easy scheduling. Work when you don't have classes.
Generally a good variety of different IT related tasks to do.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Could offer more higher-level tasks
Self defense classes
Harrisburg Area Community College- (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed teaching self defense to the students that signed up. Teaching them how to disarm knives, handguns,clubs,carjacking prevention and how to use their brains. You do not always have to fight just use common sense.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Nice place to work
Fiscal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 11, 2016
Nice place to work. Many different events and opportunities available to the employees. You will get the chance to meet many people, staff, students or parents. It is a community place of business.
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Cons
health care has changed
Encouraging and challenging environment
Coordinator, Performance Management (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 2, 2016
I enjoy working at an educational institution that encourages their employees to focus on professional development and education. I enjoy the team that I work with but I mostly work alone within my position. I serve all parties at the College and have learned a lot about employee engagement and increasing employee morale.
Great Experience for a student
Biology Tutor/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 25, 2016
This was my favorite part time job. The experience with helping students understand academics that they are struggling in, is a very personally rewarding feeling. I highly suggest this job to anyone wanting to gain experience in school.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Low Pay
For a student worker it can be fun.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMay 19, 2016
Being able to keep pace with the phones while making appointments for students means you have to be able to multitask. The staff were great and gave plenty of opportunities to try different tasks.
Pros
Employs students
Cons
low hours
No integrity whatsoever
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 28, 2016
This college could be making a huge contribution to PA. Unfortunately, what it gives PA is hypocritical lip servic . It's all about getting those tuition dollars, period. And if you do not play the administrative game, you will get screwed in the most underhanded ways - no accountability because they can get away with it. Trust no one, the higher up the worse as "the fish starts stinking from the head down". If you know how to look like you are working hard, believe in double standards and BS, like to suck up to move up - this is the place for you.
Pros
students, benefits
Cons
administration
A fantastic job to work while working on degree
Executive of Student Programming Board (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 19, 2016
This job has been a fantastic way to grow my experience and skills while working toward a degree. This was a student position.
Interesting, New and Fun place to work
LPN / teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 7, 2016
Preparing and demonstrating class materials. Supervising Nurse Assistant students while they are demonstrating skills both in classroom and clinical setting. I learned how to teach students, working side by side with RN teacher. The hardest part of the job was the amount of hours preparing for class and working another job at the same time. The most enjoyable part was personal fulfillment of knowing I was helping someone else learn.
Pros
personal fulfillment
Cons
to many hours
Overall college is a wonderful place to work
Workforce Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 4, 2016
Recent changes do not fit my belief. Work week is great, co-workers are wonderful and students are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Teaching the next generation
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 8, 2016
Teaching is a fulfilling position and I am making the classroom environment fun again. They allow me to make up my own curriculum with their advanced knowledge for the classes I teach. I have a great administrative team that helps keep me in line.
Fun Learning Experience
Tutor, assisting students (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 1, 2016
There was always a lot to do. I learned how to help customers. The management and coworkers made the day easier with help with heavy appliances. The hardest part was the weight of some of the products and having to lift them. The most enjoyable part was building relationships with the coworkers.
Good place to grow and learn technology in a school environment
User Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 20, 2015
Great place to learn how to converse with the staff and faculty when dealing with day to day technical issues. Positive environment to work in. there is always something to do while you are at work.
Adjunct Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 18, 2015
Taught 6-8 students Foundations of Education. Enjoyed teaching college students about the opportunities in Education. I only taught one semester.
This was a school for nursing so there was was no employment
Student (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 24, 2015
This was my full time schooling. I feel the organization was in the middle of a major change and was very unorganized at the time. I think there were many amazing teachers here but a couple "old school" ones were a little hard to follow, but you have that anywhere you go. I enjoyed going to clinicals where I could actually apply my skills and have patient contact. I love the public.
Pros
learning is always been a plus for me
Cons
long hours of study
productive teaching environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAOctober 24, 2015
Helping college students achieve their goals by sharing my wide area of knowledge in biology, chemistry, and math as a professional tutor.
Pros
student interaction, continued reinforcement of subjects.
Cons
not enough available hours
was like family
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  LebanonOctober 6, 2015
Diversity training needed. Minority staff non-existing. In competent supervisors. Benefits good. The most enjoyable part of the job was the students.
Very rewarding job
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 29, 2015
Student employee:
Entered Student Applications
Answered telephones.
Helped students find classes.
Greeted parents and students.
Pros
I believe in the Community College concept.
Cons
Had to leave because I transferred to Penn State.
Very laid back.
Library Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAAugust 27, 2015
A great place to work if you are a student. The co-workers are very helpful and will go out of their way to resolve any problem or question you might have. There is a lot of study time and very friendly people.
HACC York is a great place to teach
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  York, PAJuly 22, 2015
HACC York has a family atmosphere. The full-time support staff go over and above their duties to support a large adjunct faculty. I have taught there ten years and can't imagine a time when I will not teach classes at HACC in York. New federal regulations have caused HACC to limit the number of classes that any instructor can teach and many adjunct faculty (like me) have been forced to pick up classes at other institutions in order to "make ends meet" financially. If you are considering joining the adjunct faculty at HACC in York, PA - do it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrisburg Area Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Harrisburg Area Community College Reviews by Location