Harrisburg Area Community College Employee Reviews

Economics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 16, 2017
I have been teaching economics online at HACC for several years and it has always been a great place to work. I have great supervisors, the pay is good, and I have received excellent training and mentoring.
Nice place to work
Paraprofessional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 13, 2017
Environment was friendly, and the campus was nice. Technology was available as needed. Relaxed atmosphere, and employees were very helpful when needed.
hacc
Front Desk Monitor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 8, 2017
i was at Harrisburg Aria community college it was great and fun they are so friendly and adorable , we are always speaking with every buddy I was so happy to working there.
too big
Administrative Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 13, 2017
HACC is a great idea whose time has come and gone.By attempting to be all things to every student it now provides sub standard service to most thereby cutting its customer base
Pros
reasonable education at competitive prices
Cons
dollars over service
Fun to interact with students of varying abilities
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAAugust 21, 2017
Working with other professional tutors was a joy. Helping students was the most satisfaction with this position. Seeing students grow in academia and as individuals truly made the position so much fun.
ok
Adjunct Professor, Business (Current Employee) –  York County, PAAugust 18, 2017
overall this was a good place to work, but management could be a lot better. The wages were too low, but the time off was excellent. There were 401k options, and those were also excellent.
Administrative Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 20, 2017
This is a great place to work. Good benefits, nice people, and nice offices. The employees work well together and it's a good culture.

It's nice to work somewhere where you are helping people learn and achieve their degrees so that they can have a better life.
Pros
good co-workers, nice environment
Productive place to work
Technician, Building Services (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time working there. The staff and students were very friendly always leaving me notes as to how clean the bathrooms and classrooms were. Whenever my coworkers needed help, I never hesitated to help where needed.
Good place to work when in school
Chemistry Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 8, 2017
Working here was fun, but a lot of the equipment that was to be used to prepare the laboratory experiments was not working, so it made the job much harder. It was really neat working alongside professors and writing labs for them. One annoying thing is that students who are in their labs pretend that you don't exist while you are working right next to them. I am a people person, so that drove me insane.
Pros
good boss, nice working with professors
Cons
low pay, not best equipment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 6, 2017
Clinically educated nursing students at clinical sites. Created patient assignments and discussion board topics. Assisted in the development of future nursing leaders.
Attended as a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 11, 2017
I was never employed by college, I attended as a student for my AA in Business Management with an Accounting focus. From a student's point of view I found the college to be acceptable.
Great place to work!
Humanities 101 Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 29, 2017
Great benefits, competitive salary, training and skill diversification, workplace culture is collaborative and team-work oriented, training and development workshops available
college needs to worry about students needs over their own needs.
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 31, 2017
The college has a hard time putting the students needs ahead of the college administration demands.The atmosphere with helping the students personally was great, but dealing with the administration was confusing.
Pros
equipment needs are filled
Cons
administrators need reelected.
Hacc
Support Technician Assistant - Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2017
Nice place to get some experience while studying for your degree.
Easy scheduling. Work when you don't have classes.
Generally a good variety of different IT related tasks to do.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Could offer more higher-level tasks
Self defense classes
Harrisburg Area Community College- (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 3, 2016
I enjoyed teaching self defense to the students that signed up. Teaching them how to disarm knives, handguns,clubs,carjacking prevention and how to use their brains. You do not always have to fight just use common sense.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fun
Nice place to work
Fiscal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 11, 2016
Nice place to work. Many different events and opportunities available to the employees. You will get the chance to meet many people, staff, students or parents. It is a community place of business.
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Cons
health care has changed
Encouraging and challenging environment
Coordinator, Performance Management (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 2, 2016
I enjoy working at an educational institution that encourages their employees to focus on professional development and education. I enjoy the team that I work with but I mostly work alone within my position. I serve all parties at the College and have learned a lot about employee engagement and increasing employee morale.
Great Experience for a student
Biology Tutor/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 25, 2016
This was my favorite part time job. The experience with helping students understand academics that they are struggling in, is a very personally rewarding feeling. I highly suggest this job to anyone wanting to gain experience in school.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Low Pay
For a student worker it can be fun.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMay 19, 2016
Being able to keep pace with the phones while making appointments for students means you have to be able to multitask. The staff were great and gave plenty of opportunities to try different tasks.
Pros
Employs students
Cons
low hours
No integrity whatsoever
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 28, 2016
This college could be making a huge contribution to PA. Unfortunately, what it gives PA is hypocritical lip servic . It's all about getting those tuition dollars, period. And if you do not play the administrative game, you will get screwed in the most underhanded ways - no accountability because they can get away with it. Trust no one, the higher up the worse as "the fish starts stinking from the head down". If you know how to look like you are working hard, believe in double standards and BS, like to suck up to move up - this is the place for you.
Pros
students, benefits
Cons
administration