Harrisburg Area Community College

Harrisburg Area Community College Employee Reviews

I truly enjoyed my experience and my job during my tenure at HACC
Bookstore Retail Assistant, Specialist and Manager (Former Employee), Lebanon, PAJune 1, 2015
Independently operated and managed all aspects of the Lebanon Campus Bookstore. Coordinated, and performed sales; ordering, receiving and stocking of textbooks and General Merchandise. Marketed and promoted sales of merchandise. Interacted and communicated successfully with college administrative and academic staff and students to insure premium customer service in a diverse multi-cultural area. Maintained a pleasant and attractive work environment. Responsible for providing, overseeing and delivering technical direction to staff. Performed and supervised opening and closing processes such as: cash receipts and reports. Assisted with preparing budgets and other associated processes. Ensuring that activities are performed in compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Proficient with a variety of software and office equipment. Familiar with Social Media and its use.
Respectful Work Environment
Student Worker (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMay 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at this company. The mangers I have had were respectful, courteous and cared about their employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job here was when we were all able to work with each other on projects. My co-workers wanted to see me succeed inside and out of work. The hardest part of this job was doing computer roll-outs during the summer months.
Excellent atmosphere with low compensation and no benefits.
Adjunct English Instructor (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 22, 2015
I enjoy the students, faculty and supervisors at this college. I am proud of the education we provide. I carry 2 or 3 classes per semester and always enjoy interacting with students and colleagues. The problem is that financial compensation is below par and benefits for part-time employment is not offered in any form. The addition of extensive hours grading papers at home makes this a very poor source of income.
benefits
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Lebanon, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: christmas vacation
Cons: poor management
Great company benefits, several campus locations, public contact and trainings available. Tuition reimbursement available. Able to take classes for credit.
Full of challenges, job fullfilment
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: meeting goals and schedules
Team atmosphere, learning new functions, creating goals and striving to meet those goals. working out problems with a group of people and their respective contributions. Being able to pioneer new operations. creating change where change is necessary for overall success of the business. Hardest part is working through people challenges. Typical day at work was staying on schedule and the issues that may interfere with that schedule. Planning the day was always enjoyable, and with my military background, putting together a back up plan as well as learning to do an about face if major challenges came into play requiring a change in those plans. Enjoyed the analytical work associated with the daily challenges. Most rewarding is working in the trenches with the employees and coworkers.
great place to further education
Warehouse Equipment Movement Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Great place to further your education and grow management helps find job opportunities help me grow get my certifications and move up in life and have a better opportunity to gain better employment the hardest thing was trying to do this program while I worked first shift
adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor of History (Former Employee), York, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Poor leadership overall. Received outstanding reviews, both student and chair, but never returned call regarding lack of classes.
Great work Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Lancaster PAJanuary 10, 2015
I have been employed by Harrisburg Area Community College for 11.5 years. Overall its a great place to work.
Excellent program
Commercial driver license instructor (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 16, 2014
It is an excellent CDL program, but management needs improvement.
School
Warehouse Equipment Movement Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 4, 2014
Pros: great tutors
Cons: night classes are cold
Learned a lot and the teachers are very helpful and will help when needed
Great Flexibility and Freedom
Adjunct Instructor of Psychology (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: limited classes avaible each semester to teach
A great place to work if you love to teach part-time with a lot of trust from management and minimal supervision. You build your own syllabus and have great freedom so long as you address educational goals established by the department.
Modern facility, great place to work
Law Enforcement Instructor/Evaluator (Current Employee), Harrisburg PaJune 12, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: not a full time position
Thoroughly enjoy being able to pass along my past twenty years of training and experience. My co workers and management staff completely define the professionalism that is expected in a Law Enforcement or public safety learning environment.
Internship in a productive and educational enviornment
Comp. Equip. Specialist, Audio and Visual Dept. (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 25, 2014
My experience as a work study student in the audio visual department of IT was full of positive management, hands on experience with computers, electronic equipment, programs and software. I mostly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know staff and all of the walks of life and experience shared.
Student Worker in the Registration department.
Student Worker, Registration (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Great environment for working and going to school. Flexible schedules allowed for keeping up with school work but also learning while working in a fast paced office environment.
HACC IT Dept has been a very good workplace for a Student Assistant
IT Department Student Assistant (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 28, 2013
•Integral team member for campus wide deployment of 500+ computer workstations
•Perform ghost imaging of new PC’s using Semantics’ Ghost Solution Suite
•Perform BIOS flashing and customizations as well as Microsoft’s Center Configuration Manager
•Install new PC’s on site in office and lab environments and performed safe cable management practices
•Resolved various FootPrints help desk service ticket requests
Very Funny place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: management was great
Cons: salary
This was a really fun position. It was also very flexible to fit my class schedules.
Lancaster Campus was a home away from home.
Development Data Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 24, 2013
I learned Banner, which is the database software the college uses for almost everything.
I learned how to perform cashiering functions in CashNet.
I honed my skills on how to create detailed instructions for processes and procedures.
I learned all of my customer service skills.
All in all the Lancaster Campus of HACC is a great place to work.
Learn while outside the classroom
Student worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 22, 2013
I worked with my professor and students to take them through mock trial crime scences.
Volunteer work
volunteer (Former Employee), Loretto PAApril 15, 2013
Had alot of fun with other volunteers.
Learned alot about how to organize events and people.
Phenomenal Student Worker Position
Student Worker (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: very personable campus
Cons: student worker position- pay isn't the greatest
A position that allows a student to get an inside look at the professional side of campus. The position also allows you to see how certain individuals have been groomed and prepared to be leaders. It's a great opportunity if you would like to be a professor, an executive, or just want to learn the ins and outs of college life.

Harrisburg Area Community College Salaries