Harrisburg Area Community College

Harrisburg Area Community College Employer Reviews

School
Warehouse Equipment Movement Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 4, 2014
Pros: great tutors
Cons: night classes are cold
Learned a lot and the teachers are very helpful and will help when needed
Great Flexibility and Freedom
Adjunct Instructor of Psychology (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: limited classes avaible each semester to teach
A great place to work if you love to teach part-time with a lot of trust from management and minimal supervision. You build your own syllabus and have great freedom so long as you address educational goals established by the department.
Modern facility, great place to work
Law Enforcement Instructor/Evaluator (Current Employee), Harrisburg PaJune 12, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: not a full time position
Thoroughly enjoy being able to pass along my past twenty years of training and experience. My co workers and management staff completely define the professionalism that is expected in a Law Enforcement or public safety learning environment.
Internship in a productive and educational enviornment
Comp. Equip. Specialist, Audio and Visual Dept. (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 25, 2014
My experience as a work study student in the audio visual department of IT was full of positive management, hands on experience with computers, electronic equipment, programs and software. I mostly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know staff and all of the walks of life and experience shared.
Student Worker in the Registration department.
Student Worker, Registration (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 12, 2014
Great environment for working and going to school. Flexible schedules allowed for keeping up with school work but also learning while working in a fast paced office environment.
HACC IT Dept has been a very good workplace for a Student Assistant
IT Department Student Assistant (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 28, 2013
•Integral team member for campus wide deployment of 500+ computer workstations
•Perform ghost imaging of new PC’s using Semantics’ Ghost Solution Suite
•Perform BIOS flashing and customizations as well as Microsoft’s Center Configuration Manager
•Install new PC’s on site in office and lab environments and performed safe cable management practices
•Resolved – more... various FootPrints help desk service ticket requests – less
Very Funny place to work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: management was great
Cons: salary
This was a really fun position. It was also very flexible to fit my class schedules.
Lancaster Campus was a home away from home.
Development Data Specialist (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PASeptember 24, 2013
I learned Banner, which is the database software the college uses for almost everything.
I learned how to perform cashiering functions in CashNet.
I honed my skills on how to create detailed instructions for processes and procedures.
I learned all of my customer service skills.
All in all the Lancaster Campus of HACC is a great place to work.
Learn while outside the classroom
Student worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 22, 2013
I worked with my professor and students to take them through mock trial crime scences.
Volunteer work
volunteer (Former Employee), Loretto PAApril 15, 2013
Had alot of fun with other volunteers.
Learned alot about how to organize events and people.
Phenomenal Student Worker Position
Student Worker (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: very personable campus
Cons: student worker position- pay isn't the greatest
A position that allows a student to get an inside look at the professional side of campus. The position also allows you to see how certain individuals have been groomed and prepared to be leaders. It's a great opportunity if you would like to be a professor, an executive, or just want to learn the ins and outs of college life.
I learned how to be a team player and be part of a group that works together
IT Support Help (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PADecember 27, 2012
Pros: everything, great place to work
Cons: did not get hired on
Wonderful place to be a part of. They treated you like family. Worked with you. I only worked with them as a student worker but would of loved to have been there as a full time person.
I have good memories.
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 9, 2012
Pros: use of vehicles and tools.
I worked from a daily maintenance list of miscellaneous tasks. I typically handled general repairs involving carpentry, plumbing or electrical. HACC provided opportunity to address issues or concerns. Overall environment was pleasant.
Wonderful coworkers at HACC - family oriented
Publication Technician/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 6, 2012
Pros: a lot of friendly people
Cons: being laid off and project overlaod
HACC is a very friendly place to work. Processed print jobs from word files to PDF's using InDesign/CS4. Sent PDF's out to print, processed purchase orders to pay print vendors. The hardest part of the job was the work overload and being laid off. The most enjoyable part was all of my coworkers and friends.
clean enviroment to work in, the co-workers are friendly even though I was their student last year.
adjunct instructor (Former Employee), Mid-town 2November 28, 2012
The hardest part of this type of job is, coming up with a lesson plan and delivering it to the students some of whom I attended class with in earlier semesters. What I liked most about this job is being able to impart what I learned working in the maintanence feild to students that are just starting out.
Relocated to Western Pa - Great place to work
Instructor of Nursing (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAOctober 13, 2012
Theory and clinical instruction of nursing students. Enjoyed the balance of education and student interaction. Enjoyed advising and tutoring students.
It was an okay job
Team Actor/Tester for the PA Emg Med Fed (Former Employee), Different test sitesSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: working with good people. knowledge obtained
I was asst to the Vice Pres, and asst buyer. I did all the inventory for the 15 stores across Pa. I had to make sure if there was a problem with and product it was repaired or replaced ASAP. I scheduled drivers to transport items from store to store.
My Experience working at Harrisburg Area Community College
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), H.A.C.C. Lebanon CampusAugust 20, 2012
I begin my work day by checking my email and voice mail to see if any students will be absent. I then head to the studio to begin setting up for the class. This is also my office hour where students can come to me with any questions or concerns they have with the class or materials. Class begins with a lecture and slide show followed by a demonstration – more... (as needed) to ensure the class understands the concepts we are working on. I have discovered that by even with the demo's and detailed lectures there will still be some students that might not fully understand the concepts presented in class. I try to compensate by redirecting them one on one which gives me a better understanding of how that student learns best. I feel that I manage my class fairly well, but occasionally will go to the Dean or co-workers for advice on how to navigate certain situations making sure to not bring up any specifics about a student if it involves matters of that nature. My co-workers are always willing to lend a hand. I do tend to run into issues with some students attendance or with them coming to class unprepared. This becomes most difficult when having to grade especially if the student excels in the lessons and is a skilled artist. Then there are those students who come to every class and inform me within the requested time frame if they cannot, who are very skilled, who open up the dialogue when it comes to our critique sessions and work very hard to get ahead. These are the students who make me want to come to class everyday and share with them what I know and to have open discussions about art. This is what motivates me to want to do a better job. – less
Productive Fun Place To Work
Secretary (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: payday every friday
Cons: short breaks
Giant Food Stores is a great place to work if you are a High School student or College Student. They give you great hours and a great atmosphere to work in. A typical day of work would be to get your register, make sure it is clean, sign in and start your duties. You get to greet plenty of customers so great customer service is a must. I learned how – more... to scan items efficiently, greet customers in a polite manner, and learned how to work a register correctly. – less
Extremely gratifying
Speech Mentor (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAJune 19, 2012
Pros: study time when there was downtime.
Cons: minimum wage job.
I would mentor students who were needing help writing or presenting speeches for class presentations. I learned and also found the hardest aspect of my job was to communicate with students from other cultures. I thoroughly enjoyed being able to help students overcome their fear of public speaking.