Harrisburg Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work and fast paced
Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILNovember 16, 2017
If you enjoy staying busy this is a great place for that. Great people to work with and an educational environment. Lots to do and workers who enjoy helping everyone.
Pros
great work environment
Work was great.
Patient Safety Sitter (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJuly 26, 2017
As a sitter you spent a lot of time in the room with the patient. You learned a lot about how mental illness can influence someone's thoughts. Employee's were very laid back and most were easy to talk to.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
rarely get breaks, boring
A very rewarding and complex job.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJuly 12, 2017
What I enjoy about my job the most is how rewarding it is. I have the opportunity to help people everyday I am there. My influence can be as small as having a pleasant conversation with a hospitalized person to teaching someone a skill that will allow them independence. I have the opportunity to work with all age groups and in several different settings. This gives me the potential to learn something new and meet someone new every day. My work environment is very positive and goal oriented. We have excellent teamwork and excellent leadership.
Job summary
Psych Tech (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJune 24, 2017
Challenging nature of work, the unit tends to be very loud. Will meet a few good people, staff gossips excessively, clients through insults to staff at anytime, including racial slurs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Aggressive patients at time.
ED Coder
ED Coder (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJune 6, 2017
Well the job culture was awful. It seemed to me that no one liked no one. Nothing was ever good enough for management. Their CEO at the time was absolutely wonderful and would listen to our needs.
Unit secretary responsible for admitting patients (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILMarch 8, 2017
I started there out of high school and worked there for many years. Doctors were great and nurses were very dedicated to their patients. Saw many changes with patient care while working here and enjoyed my job and working with great people. Best job I ever had.
enjoyed working there
LPN/Ward clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILFebruary 1, 2017
enjoyed working there we all worked as a team enjoyed taking care of my patient and really liked doing the desk worked nights sometimes didn't have enough help I received drs. orders and gave to the RN and then into computer and patient charts.
Pros
gave breaks
Cons
sometimes long hours
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Loved working there. Not enough hours in A pay period was only reason I left. Learned a lot of skills in nursing. Flexible around school schedule too.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and management
Cons
Not enough hours
good experience
Director, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILOctober 8, 2015
ALso performed the duties of Medical Staff Coordinator. Enjoyed working with the Medical Staff. Very few staffing issues and the peers were easily to work with.
Fast paced work enviroment, great staff
RN- Medical/Surgical Primary Nursing (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILDecember 17, 2013
Harrisburg Medical Center is a fast paced rewarding job. On Midnight shift, Med Surg, they do primary nursing. I have learned many important nursing skills. Nurse Management is very approachable and helpful. Great staff. Teamwork is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Very Stressfull to work there at this time. Job security not good.
Phlebotomist supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILSeptember 23, 2013
Was the cuts in the work areas. I was a working supervisor and I really enjoyed this. It didn't sit well I don't think with others. I enjoyed being out with the patients and knowing I was doing everything my staff was doing. I did not ask them to do anything I wouldn't do myself. I loved being able to go out and be able to help them when needed. It was also good to work in the clinics so I would see that everything was running smooth there for my workers as well. I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Worked with the hospital and the clinics both.
Cons
Health field changes we have no control over.
Productive workplace with opportunity to use a wide variety of your OT skills.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILAugust 9, 2013
A hard working team of professionals. As as OT staff member you will participate in team meetings, see outpatients, inpatients, make home health therapy visits and participate in team building exercises.
Great place to work with great people
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJuly 18, 2013
Small community hospital with great coworkers. Steady work load.
Cons
little room to advance
day of work
registration clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILMarch 17, 2013
go in clock in start talking and greating co workers and visitors and patients going in and out door, directing everyone to where they need
and want to go, being able to sit and laugh at times when it gets ruff then calms down, answering the telephone, doing patient info for billing, have forms signed for consents, calling on call workers to come in for different areas. calling other hospitals for possible trnasfers for the doctors and hospitalist.
Pros
having enough time to do everything that you need to do for the public
Cons
having people give you credit for what you know and doing the job
Summary
LPN/Sitter/tech (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILMarch 5, 2013
The Psych Department is wonderful. Director of that Department is great. Co-workers are great. Hospital is cutting a lot of staff and moral is really low.
Pros
perks like free lunch sometimes
Cons
complaining