Harrison College Employee Reviews

Good work flow
Academic Publications Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed the job tasks I was assigned.

During the day my job task were a moving target. I would update as needed. This is done seamlessly and requires little time on my part.

My supervisor’s communication style be open and direct. I was shown respect and he listened to mysuggestions.
A very good school to attend for Medical.
Medical Assistant (MA) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 1, 2015
I learned a lot while studying at Harrison and sometimes I found some things to be difficult, but I never let that stop me from acheiving my dreams. I recommend Harrison College to other future students.
Great people, great environment!
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Columbus, INJune 23, 2015
Pros: Flexible, friendly
Cons: None
I loved working for Harrison College, and I wouldn't change a thing about the environment! This is a very family-friendly employer, and they will do anything they can to accommodate your personal needs and schedule.
Horrible management
Medical/Science Faculty (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2015
Pros: Lots of catering and free food
Cons: work hours, management, compensation, treatment of employees
Started out as a great place to work. Employees- teaching and staff- turn around faster than a revolving door. Every time new deans and management come in, new inefficient policies go into effect. The – more... most inefficient place I've ever worked with continuous meetings and red tape rather than focusing on students and teaching. If management doesn't like you, they will constantly nit-pic until they concoct enough to let you go. I saw this repeatedly- it became a witch hunt. Most horrible place to work for a true education professional. – less
horrible company
financial aid analyst (Former Employee), morrisville, ncMay 1, 2015
Pros: free food, nice staff
Cons: horrible manager
If you don't mind being micromanaged to the 10th power then this is the job for you. Be expected to be 10 people at one. Rules change daily at this company.
Nice Place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2015
Advising students is what I enjoy doing. I like to interact with the students and help them with any issues they may have. I enjoy working within a team environment The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my students.
Great place to work and grow!
Senior Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2015
Harrison College has provided me with many learning opportunities. I am appreciative of all I have learned and their belief in my leadership abilities and qualifications.
Good place to work as adjunct
Adjunct Instructor, Business Law (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 4, 2015
I appreciate the ability to share and teach with students. This school really cares about the students and works to keep them in class.
Great Place to work
Online Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: love helping students
Cons: online
Great place to work, awesome staff, and I love helping students. The hardest part of the job is when the students cancel from school.
Higher Education Seeing Students Through to their success!!
Regional Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
I enjoyed managing a team of dedicated and hard working advisor's. I motivated them to be their Best in order to succeed! I am a dedicated and always looking for ways to succeed.
Okay if desparate.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: students
Cons: no real office space, poor compensation, no job security
They should pay more. The office space is minimal for instructors. Management is kind, but afraid of confrontation or dealing with personal matters.
fun place to work
Professional Instructor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great schedule
faculty teaching in medical assisting program. I enjoyed my time while I was employed there and teaching students is a passion of mine. I was able to see hundreds of students graduate and obtain their dream come true
introduction to a spa environment
Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free breakfast. supervisor to teach and correct
Cons: no pay except tips
basic internship to learn ins and out of massage business with hands on approach under supervision of massage professionals.
Busy office with cohesiveness between employees in all departments
Senior Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee), Lafayette, INDecember 6, 2014
Pros: team building
Cons: not an 8-5 job
Each day at Harrison College is a very busy day in the financial aid office. Students were my first priority. The need of each student is taken seriously. Students are the lifeline of Harrison College, – more... so it is very important to deliver exceptional customer service to each student. There were daily deadlines that had to be met. All employees in each department knew the importance of working together with the other departments to deliver exceptional customer service and meet the needs of the students. The hardest part of my job was when funding did not work out for a student who really wanted to attend Harrison College. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know each student personally and watching the students grow and prepare for their career. – less
Educational
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 28, 2014
Cons: only able to work part time
Enjoy being a part of student lives where I am able to focus on providing the skills they need to gain employment in the healthcare industry.
Harrison College
Partnership Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Harrison College is a great company to work for. I had a healthy work and family life balance, along with a management team that truly cared about my well being. The most enjoyable part about my job was interacting with our students. Knowing I played a role in their decision to further their education, and help them down a successful path, was quite humbling.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Grove City, OHOctober 21, 2014
This was a wonderful place to be employed and I learned so much from this position. Although I am sad to have to leave I am so excited to further my opportunities in the healthcare field.
Great benefits and supportive environment
Dean of Academic Affairs (Current Employee), Columbus, INOctober 20, 2014
I loved working here. If there is ever a campus in Louisville, I'd like to work there again!
My Work Experience
College Work Study (Current Employee), Anderson, INAugust 25, 2014
Pros: weekends off
I learn a lot each day when I come to work. I am always willing to help the students and employees with any task they need. I am always ready to guide and assist the students with any of their everyday challeneges or accomplishments that they experice at Harrison College.
Upper Management is rough
Certified Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
Pros: great supervisor
Cons: upper management doesn't allow my department to be as profitable as it could be.
The upper management here is pretty rough. They have gone through a lot of changes, but in the area that I work, it is pretty chill. They could really be taking advantage of my department to generate more revenue for the whole company. My supervisor's hands are pretty much tied, even though she is the one with the experience in the business and her management are not.