Harrison College

Harrison College United States Employee Reviews

Nice Place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2015
Advising students is what I enjoy doing. I like to interact with the students and help them with any issues they may have. I enjoy working within a team environment The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my students.
Great place to work and grow!
Senior Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2015
Harrison College has provided me with many learning opportunities. I am appreciative of all I have learned and their belief in my leadership abilities and qualifications.
Good place to work as adjunct
Adjunct Instructor, Business Law (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 4, 2015
I appreciate the ability to share and teach with students. This school really cares about the students and works to keep them in class.
Great Place to work
Online Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: love helping students
Cons: online
Great place to work, awesome staff, and I love helping students. The hardest part of the job is when the students cancel from school.
Higher Education Seeing Students Through to their success!!
Regional Director of Student Affairs (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2015
I enjoyed managing a team of dedicated and hard working advisor's. I motivated them to be their Best in order to succeed! I am a dedicated and always looking for ways to succeed.
Okay if desparate.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: students
Cons: no real office space, poor compensation, no job security
They should pay more. The office space is minimal for instructors. Management is kind, but afraid of confrontation or dealing with personal matters.
fun place to work
Professional Instructor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great schedule
faculty teaching in medical assisting program. I enjoyed my time while I was employed there and teaching students is a passion of mine. I was able to see hundreds of students graduate and obtain their dream come true
introduction to a spa environment
Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2014
Pros: free breakfast. supervisor to teach and correct
Cons: no pay except tips
basic internship to learn ins and out of massage business with hands on approach under supervision of massage professionals.
Busy office with cohesiveness between employees in all departments
Senior Financial Aid Analyst (Former Employee), Lafayette, INDecember 6, 2014
Pros: team building
Cons: not an 8-5 job
Each day at Harrison College is a very busy day in the financial aid office. Students were my first priority. The need of each student is taken seriously. Students are the lifeline of Harrison College, so it is very important to deliver exceptional customer service to each student. There were daily deadlines that had to be met. All employees in each department knew the importance of working together with the other departments to deliver exceptional customer service and meet the needs of the students. The hardest part of my job was when funding did not work out for a student who really wanted to attend Harrison College. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know each student personally and watching the students grow and prepare for their career.
Educational
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 28, 2014
Cons: only able to work part time
Enjoy being a part of student lives where I am able to focus on providing the skills they need to gain employment in the healthcare industry.
Harrison College
Partnership Consultant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Harrison College is a great company to work for. I had a healthy work and family life balance, along with a management team that truly cared about my well being. The most enjoyable part about my job was interacting with our students. Knowing I played a role in their decision to further their education, and help them down a successful path, was quite humbling.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Grove City, OHOctober 21, 2014
This was a wonderful place to be employed and I learned so much from this position. Although I am sad to have to leave I am so excited to further my opportunities in the healthcare field.
Great benefits and supportive environment
Dean of Academic Affairs (Current Employee), Columbus, INOctober 20, 2014
I loved working here. If there is ever a campus in Louisville, I'd like to work there again!
My Work Experience
College Work Study (Current Employee), Anderson, INAugust 25, 2014
Pros: weekends off
I learn a lot each day when I come to work. I am always willing to help the students and employees with any task they need. I am always ready to guide and assist the students with any of their everyday challeneges or accomplishments that they experice at Harrison College.
Upper Management is rough
Certified Massage Therapist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2014
Pros: great supervisor
Cons: upper management doesn't allow my department to be as profitable as it could be.
The upper management here is pretty rough. They have gone through a lot of changes, but in the area that I work, it is pretty chill. They could really be taking advantage of my department to generate more revenue for the whole company. My supervisor's hands are pretty much tied, even though she is the one with the experience in the business and her management are not.
Started off fun, turned into a nightmare
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Evansville, INMay 11, 2014
Fun for the first couple months, then more and more job responsibilities were added on top of school responsibilities. No time for family, friends, or a social life. Low hours made the pay not worth it. Worst time of my life.
Student success driven
Executive Assistant to Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2014
Pros: many campus locations. the chef's academy now in indiana and north carolina.
Cons: benefits could be much better. rewards are given for those who sacrifice family life.
Harrison College is one of many local privately owned colleges in the Indianapolis area. The student demographic tends to lean more toward those with a much higher need for smaller class sizes and additional community resources in order to reach completion of their degree.
The Harrison College Scholarship Foundation was recently launched in order to help students overcome financial obstacles that lie in the pack of achieving their goals.
The ultimate mission is to help students better their lives and the communities in which they live.
Telemarketing
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2014
Pros: co-workers are great
Cons: work hours
If you are looking for a sales job where you sit in front of a computer all day and irregular day to day hours, then this is what you will find here.
Excellent organization that cares about you as a person, strong leadership and vision
Manager Telecom / Campus Technologist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2014
I learned much as a leader, professional, and individual with my time at Harrison College. The organization is always working toward their vision, and supporting everyone in the organization as well as possible.
Student centered institution
N/A (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2014
I enjoyed the early part of my career at Harrison. However, as the market became more and more difficult on higher education, the culture at Harrison was negatively impacted due in large part to the multiple reductions in force across an 18 month period. The leadership has a great vision, but it has been reluctant to implement that vision due in large part to the capital required to do so.

1 2 3