Harrison College Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Thin Ice
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 16, 2017
It always seemed like you were on thin ice and that you could be replaced easily. Sometimes you would feel like you are non existent or not important at all.
Very difficult to adhere to private institutions requirements for education
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 13, 2017
It was difficult to work there because of having to adhere to such strict private institution requirements for education. Despite that they perceive the "college/university" as a close nit family, it was hard to deal with because they did not commmunicate changes to their students. The program I worked in was being closed and their students were not notified until a few weeks before.
Productive workplace with fantastic co-workers
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 16, 2017
Wonderful work environment filled with amazing mentors to learn from! Learned new computer and customer service skills. Had the chance to work in a team environment or independently. I was able to use my organizational, creative, and detail oriented skills in the projects that were given to me. I did have time to get homework assignments done also, which was great as I had access to the computer and printer. The hours truly fly by when working at Harrison, and with it being such a welcoming environment I truly have to say that it was the best working experience I've had the lucky opportunity to have. It is an esteemed privilege that will always be valued.
Pros
Flexible hours, do homework assignments, & relaxed environment.
Cons
this is college not a job
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 15, 2017
i went to Harrison College to become a VA. I loved the small school/ classes. i would have not done as well as i did in school if i had gone to a big name college.
Positive
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 8, 2017
I really enjoy the work environment. The people that I work for are awesome and really there for their workers. I do my best each and every single day
Always changing and not for the better
Instructor (Current Employee) –  IndianaJuly 24, 2017
No flexibility, no way to balance home life with work life, couldn't schedule doctor's appointments more than 12 weeks out because of the constant changing schedules each quarter, and management would refuse to approve time off siting "I don't have a sub for your class." Meaning "we don't want to spend money on a sub", so you have to work because management will make you feel bad if they have to sub the class for you. Morale is at a zero, and most employees are looking for a new job. Every day feels like defeat and that's a really bad feeling when you have to spend 40 hours in a negative environment.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Zero support, negative environment, poor management
Love the Job, not so much on the people.
Work study/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 3, 2017
Very good work experience if we where going to keep it to work. Would love to have a job like that again. Not so sure I want it at Harrison College, lots of drama in the background, but amazing job.
Pros
Very practical work experience
Cons
Drama
Fabulous!!!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 26, 2017
Best place to work, the Management staff, and overall staff and students are wonderful to work for/with!! Very compassionate about succession!!! Love working there!!
A College that is working to help students gain their goals.
Adjunct business faculty (Online) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
Harrison College is a good small college that is growing. Harrison College is assisting adult students in working toward gaining their goals to be successful.
Harrison College
Online Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2017
I loved working at Harrison College. I had a great supervisor and taught a course that was fun to teach. I had to quit because I was too busy in a Campus Dean position, otherwise, I would still be working for them today.
Pros
Nice supervisor
Cons
lower on the pay scale
don't work there
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 13, 2017
not a good place to work. The president at the university was only interested in getting students in the door. The students are ill-prepared for any online classes. There are not given the tools to prepare for success
Fun place to work at
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMay 8, 2017
• Assist in coordinating student/staff involvement activities
• Help transcribe various staff & faculty meetings
• Advised various administrative duties such as answering phone calls, preparing outbound communication, and responding to company e-mails
Adjunct instructor
Online Accounting Instructor and SME (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
Good organization but I moved on to other opportunities. It was a good experience and I feel I accomplished a lot for the students and helped get them to the next level.
Pros
learned how to design classes
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2017
A typical day consists of making 100-150 calls and being seated at a desk for 6-8 hours. There is little to no emphasis on work/life balance or personal and professional growth.
Good Adjunct Job
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
I enjoy teaching at Harrison for the opportunity to work with students that really need help. For the students where life got in the way or took a detour, Harrison is a good place for those students. I derive a sense of satisfaction knowing that those students will end up successful in life and not on the system. Compensation is fair and the electronic system is nice for adjuncts as it is pre loaded and there can be very little paper. There is high turnover with full time staff, but I am not sure of the reason for that. I just enjoy teaching as supplemental income and working with students.
Pros
Working with students, electronic grading
Cons
Turnover in full time staff
Ok place to work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
It is an ok place to work. It is was nice to work at the school that I was attending, I was able to get my homework done while working so that was ok.
Good day-to-day culture, serious industry and company concerns
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
Overall, working day to day with this company can be enjoyable; you will enjoy the people you work with, and most of the students you work with are enjoyable as well. Compensation and benefits are decent, and you'll not have many issues requesting time off, etc. However, there are some major issues here: first, this company tends to hold on to certain people for far too long despite what some consider poor work characteristics (attitude, work quality, etc.). This results in a work environment with some long-term employees who leave slack, and recent hires who get quickly stressed out by picking up that slack. Furthermore, for-profit education can be a very stressful industry, and this company tends to cyclically release a large number of employees.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Stress of workload, fluctuations in industry
Not very much job stability
Computer Technology & Leadership Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 6, 2017
This job did not have very good job stability. Your salary was based on the number of classes you had and sometime there were not enough. Would need more of a guarantee on minimum course load and a contract to stay at college for an extended amount of time.
Great people
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 17, 2017
good classes. Enrollment is up and down, though, so you don't know if you have a class to teach. Nice people. Great students and support staff working there.
Pros
nice people
Cons
stability
Awesome co-workers and students
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Harrison College is a great place to work. The job was very flexible with my home life and my life as a student. I was given the opportunity to grow and flourish in my position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrison College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7