Harrison Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive Place to work
Nutritional Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 13, 2017
With everyday it is fast paced but may be a bit redundant. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the patients and patient family and the hardest is the same. I have learned many things about workplace etiquette.
fast paced but happy environment
Nutrition services (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 12, 2017
harrison was a great experience, i works there for almost 2 years, ive met great people and the work load was easy and beneficial. working at a hospital has its pros and cons, one you are in a hospital so thats not really where anyone wants to be. but the workers, from nurses to the janitors are very heart filled people. i enjoyed working there!
Pros
free food and drinks in my department
Cons
poor management
Nice hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 20, 2017
This is a nice place to work and to grow your experience. Lots of opportunities to move up and change units. Nice nurses to work with and a great team approach.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
docs can be a little rude
Overall good community hospital
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 6, 2017
Better than my experience at the competitor Multicare. Pay and benefits were excellent. The 12 hour shifts gave me good work life balance. Management was spread very thin and it was difficult to get support except through email and a monthly meeting. The manager who had a heart for staff felt compelled to quit.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
managment
Not as it once was
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 25, 2017
Years ago I loved working for this small community hospital, but ever since CHI has taken over it isn't somewhere I enjoy being. I've seen CNAs have up to 13 pts on dayshift.
Cons
Rarely getting meal breaks, staffing ratios are insanely high, upper management doesn't seem to care
Productve and great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 23, 2017
I worked with Harrison only for a short period of time as a Surgical tech. I learned a lot and I was able to work with some of the best Ortho docs in the area. The staff was really great and helpful.
It was a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 21, 2017
I liked working there but my manager wasn't too pleasant I didn't like only being on call and i wasn't able to get the hours i needed. I loved meeting all the patients and working with wonderful people
Pros
My coworkers and patients were wonderful
Cons
Management wasn't good, no good training, the hours weren't good
Steady, productive, a nice work environment for anyone.
Externship and Volunteered (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 19, 2017
Harrison was a great experience, each and every one of the staff was helpful and attentive to all the tasks needed to be completed. they enjoyed training me and they showed great teamwork each and everyday.
Pros
had a considerable amount of breaks and snacks for the staff
great hospital
Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 20, 2017
The hospital environment can be tough at times but rewarding also. There is a lot of jobs to choose from and advance. Just need to find the right job that suits your needs.
going downhill
Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98310June 19, 2017
taken over by CHI and is declining in service to patients and cutting staff. ICU culture was overall great but chi is coming in cutting the icu pharmacist, several of the night shift intensivists.
A good place to work and grow professionally
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 13, 2017
Good work culture, consistency and quality of work do not go unappreciated, some frictions between management and union policies/reps, fair compensation for the jobs relative to the industry and geographic region. High turnover for some jobs/ departments where lack of leadership is noticeable. Staff are dedicated to patient care and will truly go above and beyond to make a positive difference in people's lives, from environmental services to access, dietary, clinical staff.
Poor management, regular upheaval with CHI transition
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJune 11, 2017
Harrison was a much better facility before it was bought out by CHI. The changes CHI are making have disrupted workflow, added extra red tape and generally made things more difficult. Moral has been declining since the take over.
Harrison Health Partners
Lead Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WA 98383April 25, 2017
Great working environment as it is very different from a hospital setting. Out patient care facilities see and an average of 18 patients per day per doctor.
You are never comfortable about job security
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 23, 2017
You will be told not to worry, then you are laid off. Management is only concerned about their budget and not the actual operation and staffing. The benefits are good, as long as it lasts you have no guarantee of a job unless you are upper management or an RN.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no job security
a day in preop
LPN (Current Employee) –  Silverdale, WAApril 21, 2017
I am 1 LPN working with 4 RN's, running 6 bays on a busy day. I am able to make sure that all patients are brought back to preop in a timely manner and are ready for their surgery. I love talking to my patients and explaining things to them, making them feel at ease, joking around with them. I work with a great crew, we are like family. Hardest part of my day is when a patient's surgery has to be cancelled due to some unforeseen circumstance.
Pros
we have lunch brought to us every day, not afraid to address problems when they arise and come up with solutions.
Cons
pay
for the most part the nurses were kind
RN (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 25, 2017
I enjoyed working there until the end. The area in which i worked were transplants from the emergency department and I was not. It felt a little clicky at times and workload was not evenly distributed. Sometimes I would have two patients while others were sitting at the desk.
Pros
the nurses and doctors
Cons
management
Great Benefits
Central Transporter (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 15, 2017
Harrison has good benefits, good work/life balance for most departments. Structure within in the organization needs to be worked on, it seems more disorganized there now in the last couple of years
benefits
Cons
work culture
Was a good way to learn a trade in cleaning
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleaning Patient RoomsJanuary 4, 2017
Worked Part Time the entire 10 years, worked on all floors when needed but mostly stayed on 1 floor. Enjoyed the people. Cleaned Nurses Stations and Patient rooms.
Pros
At the time good job
Cons
Not any Cons
Understaffed
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WASeptember 26, 2016
The Lab is understaffed and very busy, however the supervisors and the Lab director is aware they are very accommodating to the needs of the techs. Not perfect but they are there with an open ear to hear what is going on in the lab. Very approachable admin staff in the lab.
Pros
great supervisors
Cons
understaffed, busy
Enjoyed my position
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 14, 2016
Enjoyed my position and working with staff. Job entails internet skills along with phone correspondence. Knowledge of current Health insurance requirements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harrison Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.