Harrison Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

transporting patients to and from radiology for diagnostic testing
Medical Imagine Aide/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 10, 2016
Loved working closely with doctors and patients, Taking pride in making patients feel comfortable on what is about to happen with them, Helping them laugh in a not so happy environment.
Absentee Managment
Charge Nurse, ER (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 15, 2016
Despite repeated please with management concerning ED volume increases. No new staffing has been added.Substantial increase in ED volume and rise in acuity have crippled the ED into a near constant state of holding area.
Challenging but rewarding place to work. Great benefit package.
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 23, 2016
Exceptional level of care. High-level of coordination among disciplines and providers. Competency-driven and professional staff.
I wouldn't work there except as a last resort.
Staff RT (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 21, 2016
CHI is buying out all the Medical Centers they can, and out-sourcing as much as they can.
The profit margin is their target.
You never know who is going to get laid off next.
Great place to call home
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 9, 2016
I will miss my Harrison family but i will enjoy my new carrier and take the experiences I've had over the last ten years and use them.
Cons
Good place to work before CHI
PACS System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Was a good place to work before CHI took over. Most functions off-shored.

Interesting and challenging work.
Excellent co-workers.
Great learning enviroment
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WADecember 10, 2015
This hospital provides a great learning environment for new grads, in all areas of interest. Also provides great service tot he Puget Sound community.
Harrison Medical Center
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Orchard, WASeptember 12, 2015
In my current position, I admit and discharge patient on to the cardiac and med/surg units. I generally work half the day with discharges, and the other with admits.A good place to work, with good team members who work together to help patients recover from sickness or surgery.
Cons
Good facility to work at
Assistant Manager Emergency Department/ (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 26, 2015
Good place to work and undergoing a lot of changes with our joining with CHI. Employee satisfaction varies according to department with a few very well run units. Excited to see what our new hospital in 2018 and new outlooks of our new CEO and CHI have to bring to our hospital.
Pros
Overtime often available
Cons
A lot of change at this time
enjoyable and clean workplace
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WANovember 30, 2015
Facilities were great, I very much enjoyed working in the healthcare field. Training was sufficient in all areas of hospital cleaning procedures, employee facilities were well equipped and managed. Schedule was a bit hectic, but to be expected as a per diem worker. Hours were great, pay was very satisfactory. Co-workers were warm, but distant, which is also to be expected in a large workforce. Managers were listening and understanding, willing to be flexible and work around non-work related appointments. Human Resources department was respondent to questions and concerns, union representatives were willing to address any work related issues. Hardest part of job requirements was working under high stress and time limitations as a newcomer to the work place. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to positively interact with patients and give them a smile or word to laugh at during their stay at the facilities.
Pros
breaks were adequate, cafeteria services were extraordinary, great management, enjoyable work place
Cons
co-worker mistrust, constant schedule change without notice or announcement
Harrison has allowed me to grow from a brand new nurse to a very accomplished staff nurse and leader.
Lead Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Harrison hired me in 2004, and it is here that I have grown into the person that I am today. I have taken advantage of every opprotunity that they have allowed me, and I excelled at every challenge. I have grown more flexible, sharpenened my critical thinking skills and grown thick skin as an assistant nurse manager.
Great pay, wonderful customers, coworkers can be catty
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 23, 2015
Working here was alway busy, so much that sometimes I'd be in three areas a day, when scheduled to be in only one for 8hrs. You can pick up shifts while still on shift, which is alright, but can burn you out so quickly. It's a wonderful job, with good pay, no tips, but scheduling can be problematic.
union busting/no future/took away retirement/ thanks SB
Medical Records Coder Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJanuary 31, 2015
I used to believe in the fact that if you were loyal , you would be rewarded. The hospital I spent 13 years at and was vested with got rid of all the unionized employees, one department at a time. My guaranteed retirement got the shaft. So did my insurance plan. This is why I left Harrison for greener pastures.
I really enjoyed working for HMC. I would have retired from there if not laid off.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 19, 2014
Harrison was a great place to be an employee. I worked there for a long time. They were like family. I worked in four different departments and loved the work in each one. I got along well with management and really enjoyed my coworkers. I was confident that if my family or myself needed to be hospitalized for any reason, we would be in good hands.
Pros
great place to work.
Cons
i was laid off and no longer working there.
Challenging times during organizational transition
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 6, 2015
Harrison has a lot of great qualities and it will take sometime to smooth out a rough transition as it aligns with a regional and national organization. With organizational change, significant turnover is not unusual.
Needs serious overhaul
Therapist (Former Employee) –  BremertonAugust 18, 2014
Bad Management and old employee's is what makes this hospital needing a quicker take over by Franciscan. I feel sorry for any one coming or needing to come here for medical treatment, the rooms are dirty, small and sometimes cramped. Several floors leak water and need to be closed for weeks to months, the carpet on 2-4th floor is dirty and needs to ripped out and just use regular flooring for safety and health reason- OSHA violations. my advice get your healthcare from any other place but here.
Cons
everything
d
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, waJune 5, 2015
Harrison has helped me grow as a nurse. I have moved from a versant resident to an assistant nurse manager. There has been a merger happening with CHI.
Challenging work, where I learn new things everyday.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 25, 2014
I take care of patients using Emergency Medicine. I have learned to do orthoglass splinting, Phlebotomy, catheters, sterile procedures and more. I love my co-workers and couldn't ask for a better group of amazing people to work with! The hardest part of my job is when patients die. I enjoy working with people and learning new things every day.
Pros
decent pay, excellent co-workers, challenging work, education.
Cons
no health insurance, sometimes no lunch/break.
Strong team work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 11, 2013
A typical work day would include getting my assignment prepared by the charge nurse; getting verbal report from the previous shift; making sure my assigned patients are safe & comfortable; vital signs & answering call lights for all patients. The particular team I worked with were dedicated, hard working, and patient. The hardest part of my job was comforting family members of the deceased. The most enjoyable part was helping patients at their lowest quality of life, then seeing them able to go home with a productive quality of life.
Pros
good team work
Cons
large patient load at times
Wonderful people to work for...accomdating work schedule....
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAOctober 19, 2013
Having never worked in a hospital before, I was so surprised of how caring everyone is. There were new things to learn - medical terms - rounds -- it was all very exciting!

I especially enjoyed attending committee meetings to take minutes. To be in the background when new things are developed like chart forms - medical protocol.

Management was dedicated to make sure all staff was in-the-know of hospital activity via blog from the CEO.

Hardest part of the job was leaving due to personal relocation.