Harrison School District Two Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, Fun, Sometimes stressful
Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2015
Fast paced there is a very limited amount of time to get everything ready for the kids to eat. It can be stressful at times if your not prepared. The hardest part of the job is when were not prepared. The kids can brighten even worst days I have had just with a thank you or a hug or a smile. I enjoy my co workers and the kids.
Pros
Managers are the best, The hours, work environment is comfortable
Cons
Having to work in a hot kitchen.
Guest Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 10, 2015
A typical day was getting called early in the morning to teach at any given school for the day.
I learned to control large groups of students and teach the students the information they needed to learn.
The management was great at times.
The hardest part of the job was not having the appropriate lesson plans for the students.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the student learn the subjects they were being taught.
Pros
Seeing the students learn
Cons
Not getting recongized for the hard work
First year in Colorado Springs
State certified Substitute (Current Employee) –  Spring Creek Youth CenterJanuary 24, 2015
I took a kindergarten class the fourth day of school and what a challenge as they were

I have worked every single days in all levels from K-12. Professionalism is present and the staff greets me with respect and appreciation.

I have accepted a long term assignment through these past four months and would recommend this district to anyone
Pros
feel like part of the reg staff.
Best Place Ever
Nutrition Services Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 29, 2014
I worked for Harrison School District Two for 3 years and i honestly regret leaving.
Harrison District Two has a fantastic cultural community but the pay for performance and administrative staff are not approachable nor helpful.
Special Educator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 6, 2012
As a special education math teacher, I taught 6-8 grade math on the National Math Standards which emphasized statistics and algebra. Each day I monitored students before school (morning duty), took attendance 5 times per day. Prepared a warm-up activity or problem, reviewed that, taught the lesson of the day, assisted students while they worked problems, had students work together on math activities, and gave a short quiz after each lesson (about three problems); some days students were progressed monitored to see if they were meeting their math IEP goals. I had to write referrals when behaviors escalated beyond the warning, call, or lunch detention stage. I called parents, graded papers, prepared lessons, prepared tests and homework activities, completed IEP paperwork, set-up IEP meetings with the Sped team and the family, met with the school social worker and psychologist weekly, managed students by providing engaging tasks and earned rewards, clerical duties such as report cards, sharpening pencils, preparing supplies, copying work pages, internet research for class activities and ideas, and calling parents often for upcoming events, student progress and behavior updates. During lunch, students came in for help, detention, or to say hi. After school, I helped at the homework club to assist students with their homework. I stayed late to prepare lessons, organize the classroom, make copies, call parents, and complete IEPs as well as, grade papers and enter grades into the grade book online. I enjoyed my colleagues but rarely had enough time to meet and work with them on future  more... math lessons and ideas. The hardest part of the job was having all lessons prepped and organized for smooth execution 5 times per day. Many activities and lesson prep were needed for engagement of students at high-risk. The most enjoyable part of the day was when students came in to visit at lunch or after school and just chat or got math assistance. Many evening events took place in which I attended to show student support such as sports games, choir concerts, and band performances; as well as, parent nights and other school related functions. Individual plan time consisted but group plan days did not.  less
Pros
watching students learn and grow positively
Cons
having to take points for inappropriate behaviors, instead of giving points only to those who were behaving correctly.
Students are our business
Educational Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2012
Always putting the students first is a must. Safety and respect for each child is given.
Pros
safety, respect
Great director & excellent support
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2012
This district is extremely supportive of its staff. The SpEd director is aware of all employees and SpEd directors and works hard to make sure that everyone's concerns and needs are acknowledged.
Pros
staff support, caseload numbers for slps
Cons
paperwork