Patent Attorney (Current Employee), Fairfax, VA – September 30, 2013
Pros: quality, training, clients, compensation, work environment
Harrity & Harrity is a fantastic place to work. Below are the top five reasons that I love working at Harrity & Harrity.
1. Quality -- Harrity & Harrity separates itself from other law firms by focusing on quality. Having seen thousands of patents, patent applications, and office actions responses as a former Patent Examiner, I can attest that the – more... quality of work produced by attorneys at Harrity & Harrity is above and beyond the vast majority of work produced by other law firms. Harrity & Harrity uses a uniform writing style for patent applications and responses that has been carefully developed over the years to ensure the highest quality. The firm also has a formal second attorney review policy that ensures that every attorney's work product is thoroughly reviewed by another attorney at the firm (typically a partner) before the work leaves the firm. These two policies help to maintain Harrity & Harrity's high level of quality.
2. Training -- Harrity & Harrity provides extensive training on how to draft high quality patent applications and high quality responses to office actions. The firm has developed several different training programs for new associates that are tailored toward the associate's level of experience. Also, training is ongoing through the firm's second attorney review policy, monthly case law updates, and monthly claims and prosecution scenario workshops. In addition to patent-related skills training, the firm also provides training in other areas, such as business development, presentation skills, recruiting, and firm management skills.
3. Clients -- Harrity & Harrity represents some of the world's leading technology companies, with several clients in the Fortune 500 and Fortune 100. Associates have daily interactions with inventors and in-house counsel at these cutting edge companies. Many of our clients have been with us for the long haul, and have made us their number one, go-to firm for patent application preparation and prosecution.
4. Compensation -- Harrity & Harrity's compensation package is unbeatable. The firm pays top dollar for high quality people to perform high quality work. Harrity & Harrity's compensation structure is a unique pay-for-productivity structure, rather than the antiquated, tiresome billable hour structure. This structure encourages associates to work efficiently rather than log a large quantity of hours. Our associates consistently earn more than their peers at other firms, while working fewer hours. Many of the firm's associates consistently earn over $300,000 annually. The firm also offers great benefits.
5. Work Environment -- Harrity & Harrity has a casual work environment, with jeans being the norm. Everybody that works at the firm is friendly and has a positive attitude. I enjoy going to work because the firm's leadership chooses to surround themselves with friendly, hard-working, intelligent people.
Overall, I can't imagine working at a better law firm than Harrity & Harrity! – less
Low Billing Requirement, Fun Place to Work, Casual Dress
Controller (Current Employee), Fairfax, VA – September 6, 2013
Pros: training and salary/benefits
Cons: not metro accessible
Harrity & Harrity, LLP strives to hire the best-of-the-best for every position at the firm. They are always looking for hard working individuals to join their team of experienced and knowledgeable professionals. The individuals must have an eye for detail and be fully committed to always providing an exceptional level of service.
With a low billing – more... requirement of 1700 hours and associates paid a percentage of their billings, they share the profits of the firm with their people.
The staff is provided with stocked kitchens, casual work environment and have been paid a Holiday bonus for the last three years. Who still does that? – less