Harry & David Employee Reviews in United States

Having great people to work for makes the job easier and faster
Material Handler-Hopewell (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJanuary 5, 2016
I really looked forward to going to work everyday. I had 2 supervisors that really was great to work for and they always let us employees know what a great job we were doing. There never was a hard part of the job for me. I like to work hard, that's the way I was raised. We would get to go home early if we got the job done sooner, and that was nice to get to do sometimes. Unloading and loading trucks is so easy to do.
Pros
pink tickets for perfect attendence every week or for hard workers that done exctra work
Cons
It was just a seasonal job
Don't plan on moving ahead unless you are "next in line"
Asst. Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 10, 2015
Company is undergoing a ton of changes but one thing hasn't changed and that is the favoritism. Unless you are preferred by the management you will never move up in this company.

Interviews a joke because the person to fill the position has already been predetermined. Waste of everyone's time to go through the process as if it means something.

As the largest employer in the area they can set the standards for compensation and benefits, and believe me, they have set the bar VERY LOW.
Pros
Cafeteria on site that is subsidized and has a great staff.
Cons
Management from the director level up
Best
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 7, 2016
I loved every second of working here and I don't like working anywhere. Great management and even better co-workers while it lasted.
Pros
Office culture, pay, management
Cons
the usual stuff, drama, etc
Stress free and good work environment (Also smells delicious)
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 12, 2015
A typical day at work is, show up to work well rested and ready to succeed at your job. Wash hands, put gloves on, do warm up and get to work.

You learn something new everyday. And dont be afraid to ask any questions.

Management is awesome, friendly and understanding.

Co-workers are kind, friendly, and helping.

The hardest part of the job is messing your work up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting every part of your job gone, knowing im able to provide for my children and myself and also leaving work with a happy boss..
Pros
Friendly co-workers and Managers. Good pay. Not hard work
Cons
Having to stand 8-10 hours a day.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 27, 2016
My days are verry good and what i learned was to be productive Management was good my co workers were pleasent to work with. the pardest job at was packing but got the hang of it the most enjoyabble about the was the discounts
Pros
employer store discouts
Cons
holidays and short breaks
fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 21, 2016
I loved working at Harry and David, great management, great co-workers wouldn't ask for a better team. Really enjoyed talking with customers, and helping them picking out gifts for love ones. Hearing people stories when they were younger and receiving Harry and David back then
Pros
customers, love the discount
Cons
short breaks
Awesome
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2016
A seasonal position but over all the best work experience I've ever had.
A typical day starts out steady and productive, awesome environment in one of Colorado's most beautiful malls. I have learned that it is best to treat people/ employees the way you would want to be treated.
Management is awesome! willing to work with your schedule no matter what willing to give more hours if needed management rewarded all employees for all the work done.
Co-workers were awesome, friendly and willing to help each other
Hardest part would maybe be freight days although it wasn't as you would think.
most enjoyable part of the job would be the treats management would give you, it feels good to be appreciated at place you love going too
fun work place with ridiculous management actions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJanuary 13, 2016
Our day consist of a focus on sales, and customer service. Stocking product when needed and placing orders for customers. I enjoyed my co-workers, we always completed our work and helped each other out. The most enjoyable part was the customers, talking to them and meeting unique people. Management is terrible, made bad employment decisions. I trained a lot of people but was never moved up, however people that I trained did.
Depending on the department it was an enjoyable experience
Special Order Coordinator-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 13, 2016
Take in orders all day from the 53 plus retail stores, 14 pop-ups and 10 kiosk managers for special orders. Then enter into system and produce a pick ticket, check inventory and move product in DC for availability. Set up ship dates and follow order through process to make sure it reaches the appropriate store according to schedule. Produce PO's when needed for moving product. Keep spreadsheets with information about each stores products sold and sales from special orders only. Transfer inventory from kiosks and pop-up stores at end of season to permanent stores. Help to find same point product substitutions for clients for products out of stock. Work in Profit, SAP and Excel on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly workers
Cons
Healthcare is not favorable to the employees
Productive and fast placed environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 11, 2016
Typical day would include, taking orders over the phone, helping customers shop online, obtain credit card data, computer data entry, applying missed discounts, credits, replacements or refunds all throughout the day. The hardest part would be handling situations of late or delayed shipping, or orders pertaining to funeral arrangements. I most enjoyed working with a variety of people, I met new people everyday and learned new things about the world by working with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 24, 2016
Amazing, hard working co-workers in the "Box room". Unfortunately a temp position with uncertain hours. A few attentive and helpful team leaders. Very beneficial experience to have in the work force with some room for advancement.
Cons
Only a temp position, uncertain hours.
Great employers, coworkers and work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 12, 2015
It's a nice place to work, the managers and shift leaders are very professional and friendly, it's a great place to work, the offer great employee benefits, the chance for advancement, and help you find your perfect fit within the company
fun and welcoming environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
I worked here part time and On a daily the work load here was pretty easy and straight forward. Being an employee here at H&D I have learned the importance of building a relationship with the customers, once the customers feel appreciated they are willing to spend more and more importantly hey will visit the store again. The management and co-workers here were phenomenal!! everyone worked together very well and the management was very interactive with with the whole team, we were like a family.
Pros
Non stressful
Cons
No health care for part-time
Change is good, and forward progress
Retail stores (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 7, 2015
Retail division has had many changes, all for the best. New leadership and policies have made Harry & David retail move into the new millennium. Old H&D was mom and pop, but now stores are aligned and showing great growth. Generous discounts and fun atmosphere selling chocolate & popcorn. Store culture puts the customer first, and goes the extra mile to make things right. Seasonal opportunities in additional markets makes resume building easy.
Pros
Discount, family values
Cons
More change is still needed in Home Office
productive and fun place at the kiosk Harry and David Gourmet in willow brook mall.
Gourmet Stocking/Cashier (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at work for me consisted of keeping all the things organized and to make sure I stocked all the shelves. there was a lot of customers so things would run low. at the kiosk we Sold Gourmet things. it was the Holidays seasons time during Christmas so everybody was doing last minute shopping. When it would be slow we would just keep busy by going to the stock room and bringing the things back to the shelves that I took note of. working the cashier was something I learned and did when I was on this job to. It was times I slipped up, but then I would remember the process and was still able to complete the transactions correctly.
Not sure of the companies direction
Corporate Sales/Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHApril 30, 2016
The day was long with logging in and out continually all day
Learned the utilization of Salesforce
Had 5 managers in a 3 years span;
Co-workers were helpful and enjoyable
Trying to create valuable leads with having to min.40 phone calls and admin. housekeeping of accounts
Sharing ideas with other reps.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No steady manager
A challenging but rewarding position
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 9, 2015
Opportunity to experience almost everything a safety pro can experience--excepting aviation and maritime. This position was a corporate position covering the main campus and agriculture in Medford, OR, a large distribution facility in Hebron OH, seasonal distribution facilities, retail stores across the US, D.O.T. covered trucking, commercial kitchens, packaging, receiving / warehousing / shipping, and three contact centers. Always a challenge.
Pros
Great people working there, always a new day!
Cons
Management with some old-school attitudes, but they were still professional.
Environment good for a seasonal employee
Seasonal Print Room Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHMay 26, 2016
A typical day for a seasonal employee began with a turnover from the previous shift coordinator. After the previous shift left I would assign who will be working where. Then it was my responsibility to monitor transmissions, help where needed and all print jobs were completed in an acceptable time frame.
A challenging place to work
Social Media Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 22, 2015
Harry & David is a terrific place to work. However, since the company was acquired by 1-800-Flowers, it has become increasingly challenging. Be careful about promises made because it is increasingly likely they won't be fulfilled.

In addition, it is important to know that your holiday experience will be a long one. The company is still stuck in the 1980's where "face time" is of utmost importance. If you are not working 70-80 hours per week from Thanksgiving to Christmas -- including Saturdays and Sundays -- you will be looked at as a pariah.
Pros
Nice discount, nice coworkers
Cons
New management uncertainty, long hours at holidays
Don't do it!
3rd assistant manager/sales associate (Former Employee) –  NcSeptember 11, 2015
When I first interviews do for this job, it sounded like the perfect work environment. You'd think I would have been able to pick up the red flag then. They have awesome product don't get me wrong, but they don't care about their employees. I literally got 10hrs a week if not less. This a company you work for, if you don't care, or you are rich and looking for entertainment. If you are full of dreams and hopes, this is the place you go to to let them die. The only time you will make actual money to pay for your bills is if you're management. The mentality is that you're replaceable.
Pros
discount
Cons
horrible management, horrible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry & David. Our community is ready to answer.