Harry & David Employee Reviews

Pleasant working conditions and flexible scheduling
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHMay 18, 2017
I have been an employee at Harry and David for 17+ years and for the most part I enjoy working there. The best part of the position is the interaction with the customers as each one is unique. I am most happy when I can resolve a problem for a customer and when the customer is happy with our service.
This is a fast moving environment and when there are changes in our requirements we must adjust quickly.
The customer always comes first and our company stands behind their products 100%
It is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Cannot depend on a set schedule an not promised a 40 hr wk
Fast pace work place with delicious product
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 9, 2017
Fun store that allows you to be creative in order to make wonderful baskets for your guests. Product is able to sale its' self just by it's name and the history behind it.
it was a minimum wage job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Arrowhead, CAApril 23, 2017
Just a minimum wage retail job. What is there to say about retail? Pay was too low. I do not care for it. Impersonal.
The products we sold were wonderful; I actually have a Harry and David kitchen . It was an estetic environment to work at. My co-workers were fine.
Pros
it was a job. Products were yummy. and attractive.
Cons
Just a retail job.
very good company
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHApril 18, 2017
I loved going to work everyday. The people were awesome it was like a work family. The management needs a little work tho they don't have a very good appreciation for there employees.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Pretty okay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 12, 2017
Working here help me save up and prepare for United States navy. I enjoy working at Harry&David's before I begin my journal across seas, typical day here was causal
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun workplace for sesonal work!
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 12, 2017
It was a fun job! working in the candy packing first! It was like the episode of I Love Lucy when she worked at a candy packing co. Challanging but fun! then I moved to Moose munch! hard work! then I moved to packing Apples, that was my favorite!
great benifits
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 24, 2017
Although this job required alot of sitting, there were plenty of times you were allowed to get up and stretch. The customer interaction was great and the management were always around to help.
Pros
comfortable setting
Cons
too much sitting
Seasonal
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 22, 2017
Working for Harry & David, prepares you for all kinds of people that you may experience on a telephone. The clients range from being kind to very unpleasant people. The job itself is easy, you take in calls and the clients already have their orders ready. It is when you try to upsell the product that it becomes a little tricky.
Enjoyable workplace
Business Gift Administrator (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Harry and David. The people I worked with were great. I knew my goals and I was able to meet them. We had perks. Long hours during season but we always new that and did my job.
fun place to work at
CALL CENTER REP (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHMarch 16, 2017
this was a busy place to work and I learned a lot around the holidays, I won a lot of gifts and discounts at this work place, and could get lots of OT.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no health care
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed Harry and David a lot. It was nice to help these customers sometimes in ways that make their whole day. Just by simply giving them half off of their shipping.
Pros
Cafateria
Cons
Long drive
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 12, 2017
Manager was experienced and helpful. Coworkers were very friendly. Skills I learned were customer assistance, cashiering, and stocking. A typical work shift was up to 8 hours.Business was busy during the holidays.
It is a family oriented company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMarch 1, 2017
I have lived in the Rogue Valley for over 30 years! I have always been treated like family at the company and really appreciate then letting me know the history of the company from the start. It gave me a sense of pride and encouraged my work ethic. To know that this company has come so far and to know that I was a part of that success was a great benefit for me. I will probably be working for Harry and David for many years to come!
Pros
History, Pride and Accomplishment
Cons
Seasonal
Excellent hours, as well as great co-workers. I enjoyed going to work everyday there.
Warehouse Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 28, 2017
Harry and David was a wonderful place to work. It was only seasonal work in the packing house where i worked, but most likely this next season, i do plan to re-apply and work for this company once again. I was a full time employee, working 5 days a week at 8 hours a day.
Pros
Great hours, good pay checks, nice work environment.
Cons
Short breaks, and the supervisors had attitutdde to me and other employees (even though i reached quota everyday).
Challenging
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHFebruary 28, 2017
The work pace was quick, you had to be accurate and efficient to keep up with the amount of incoming orders while working in a 20 degree warehouse in december.
Good Place for temporary employment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 21, 2017
Enjoyable place to work, but not enjoyable that seasonal status has you looking for another job quickly. Fast paced, good coworkers. If you can handle a really fast pace it is the place for you.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
No healthcare
Not the Best place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Did not really have a team type culture. Fine place to work, managers were fantastic as well. Worth the pay for a high school kid.
Fun team of people to work with. Various jobs for all skills.
Trainer and Season Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 17, 2017
A work day consists of entering several consumer mail orders along with business orders. Orders can contain 1 recip, up to over 100 recips, up to 9000 recips.
Because we don't have the customer to talk to and verify with on the phone, we must be verify detail oriented when looking at the order.
The most difficult part of the job is attempting to decipher some handwriting.
The most enjoyable is taking a messy spreadsheet and making it look beautiful for our system to be able to process.
Productive work place
Stock Employee (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Working with Harry & David was a great experience for me. The work environment was mellow and fast paste. I enjoy working with them because its a field i have the most experience in.
good job to work at
Corporate account manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2017
good products, good employees, the management is great a nice comfy job to work at. 100 percent customer service so you have to be a people person or you will not succeed
Pros
great products, great employees
Cons
constantly stocking product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry & David. Our community is ready to answer.