Harry & David

Harry & David Employee Reviews

Seasonal Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAApril 13, 2015
Pros: employee discount, helping people get in the holiday spirit
Cons: not have enough products
I enjoyed helping customers get ready for their holiday season. A seasonal job requires a person to have patience, understanding and excellent customer service
Great entry-level experience for retail associates
Assistant Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Kenwood, OHMarch 1, 2015
Typically a day filled with re-stocking, maintaining a clean sales floor and assisting customers.
I learned a lot from starting off as a sales associate here. Such as my cashier experience, tips, product knowledge, etc.
My co-workers were great, friendly, and very helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have help from my co-workers and gain experience as a retail sales associate.
Great place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Great place to work was able to come up with new ideas and what would be good changes to make with other seasonal stores based on what the customers were asking for.
great
Call Center employee (Former Employee), Medford, ORFebruary 10, 2015
It was awesome working there. I enjoyed what I dd at harry and david. It was a great experience for me.I would recommend it to others.
Generous employee discounts! Commitment to advancing employees. Willing to work with employee scheduling needs.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Medford, ORJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: opportunities to advance and earn bonuses. product samples in break rooms, often fresh fruit. employee appreciation events.
Cons: low starting pay.
Harry and David offers employment in a wide range of positions. They are committed to their employees, providing many free benefits, and are committed to the community, with active involvement in many charitable causes. Substantial product discounts are given to employees and even seasonal employees are entitled to one year of discounts with successful employment. Additionally, Harry and David partners with many community businesses that also provide employee discounts. This company does its best to attract, retain and assist their employees in achieving their fullest potential.
Overall fun place to work with great co-workers.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee), Tigard, ORDecember 29, 2014
A typical day at work was slow, it was a seasonal job and not many people knew the store was even there. I learned how to be a good team player as well as a leader. I had great co-workers that I got along with very well, which made the job easier and more enjoyable. The hardest part of this job was that I didn't receive hardly any training and the manager expected me to know everything. Eventually a new manager joined us and things got much better.
productive and a fun place to work.
Line Worker (Former Employee), Medford, ORNovember 26, 2014
It was a team effort. It was nice to see the finished product. Everyone including management were great. I was sorry to see this job end so soon.
Horrible place to work.
picker, assembly line (Former Employee), Hebron, OHNovember 13, 2014
Pros: no pros.
Cons: no health care dont know when your going to be laid off
It used to be a nice place to work for holiday season but they got bought out by flowers.com and now terrible place to work.
I worked on a assembly line and they would make me fold boxes, label the boxes, put inserts in the boxes, run the tape machines, and palletize by myself. Last year there was a different person for each of those jobs. Management was horrible and tried to increase production from previous year with 1/5 the people.
quite and comfortable
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), medford, orAugust 14, 2014
i would answer calls and help customers with order problems, and helped place orders.
Difficult Place to Work
B2B Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Medford ORJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: extremely long hours without days off
Basically received no training and high expectations for excellence during a self taught learning curve.
Harry and David
Seasonal Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hebron OhJune 25, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: the company was so big
Taking inbound phone calls for sales. i learned a lot about sales by phone calls. management was awesome we had team leaders. there were so many employees but the ones i met they were very productive. the hardest part was not getting to know the employees and other staff. there were never any hard parts about my position. the most enjoyable part was getting free food
Upbeat Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Medford, ORApril 24, 2014
Pros: trying company foods
Cons: seasonal
I loved this type of work. I learned how to effectively upsell on products, enter customer information into computer system, how to help upset customers and spoke with many types of people from all around the world. My co-workers were all very friendly and encouraging. The hardest part of this job was being able to end a phone conversation in a limited amount of time-3 minutes.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hebron, OHApril 17, 2014
Performed and processed telephone sales for Harry & David as well as sister companies. Harry & David offered a lot of gift give away drawing based on your up sells.
Warehouse
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Medford, ORMarch 24, 2014
A typical day would be pulling product, making sure the production line is full of product, loading and unloading trucks and making sure everything is where is should be located. I learned how to use an RF system locating product and shipping product out of the warehouse. Management was one of the best I have ever worked with, they were very informational and patient in teaching me many different new things. Everyone that I worked with was very helpful and knowledgable. One of the most challenging parts of this position was working very late in the evenings. I really enjoyied the way this company took care of their employees and being able to work outside at times.
I agree, dysfunctional is the right word
My business (Former Employee), Medford, ORMarch 18, 2014
Pros: the cons far outweigh anything here.
Cons: listed above.
My worst work experience in over 30 years in the job market. Lying, no accountability, very strange people, getting even, you name it, it happens. People with no raises for years. Sweat shop environment. And I was in management. I'm not a complainer. Employees who don't do their jobs or who have a file of write ups for misbehavior are allowed to stay on. After growing up knowing about this company, I was very disappointed in what it is really like on the inside.
You can count on being recalled year after year.
Seasonal Clerk 3/Receptionist (Former Employee), Medford, ORFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: offers employment every year
Cons: this company needs many improvements
The company seriously needs to bend over backwards for its employees, not just its customers.
Favorite job, bar none.
Sales (Former Employee), Branson, MOFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good discounts, good hours, good managment.
I really enjoyed working at Harry & David as a salesman. It was a stimulating, fun, and interactive job. I got to talk with customers about what their literal tastes were, sample out products, and help provide assistance in any way possible. I had a good group of coworkers to work along side me and bounce creative ideas off of.
fun place to work.
Warehouse/Forklilft operator (Former Employee), Medford, OregonFebruary 4, 2014
I looked forward to going to work! Fast paced and I enjoyed it.
Upbeat environment
Assistant Store Sales Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great customer service
Cons: not many locations in california
Company is very nice to work for. Store management supportive, and grllow employees very friendly. Excellent customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hebron, OHJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: friendly and helpful environment
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed meeting and working with a diverse group of people. Management was extremely courteous and helpful. I liked utilizing my selling skills and being compensated for all of my up-sells!

1 2 3

About Harry & David

Harry & David has been an American tradition for almost 80 years. From handpicked fresh fruit to handpacked gift baskets and – Read more

Harry & David Salaries