For nearly half a century, HARRY GEE & ASSOCIATES, PLLC has been at the forefront of the immigration field in Houston. Harry Gee built his firm on the foundation of personal service, strong legal knowledge and creative solutions. The firm upholds these principles today by educating our clients about the realities and intricacies of immigration law. Fortune 100 companies, hospitals, universities, non-profits and foreign nationals utilize our innovative strategies to achieve their immigration objectives.
Our enthusiastic and diverse attorneys boast Board Certified Specialists in Immigration Law and strive to implement comprehensive solutions for our clients. Our staff can also speak several languages including Spanish, French, Chinese, Indonesian, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada and Tulu, which enables us to develop a personal relationship with every client.
This is an intermediate level position and will compensate accordingly.
DO NOT CONTACT THE EMPLOYER DIRECTLY
- Minimum high-school degree, two or four-year degree preferred (prior legal assistant experience may qualify in lieu of degree)
- Minimum two years legal assistant experience
- Immigration experience helpful, but not required
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using MS Outlook, Word, Excel are a must
- Other office programs helpful, but not required
- Foreign language fluency is preferred
- Individual must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong analytic and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize cases, manage caseload and other tasks
Job duties include
- Prepare immigration cases as assigned by attorney for submittal to the appropriate government agency
- Responsible for working with attorneys in the preparation, filing, and monitoring of various immigration and nationality law matters.
- Understand the procedures and documentation required for cases to be filed successfully
- Work with clients to gather the necessary information and documentation in a timely manner
- Prepare forms according to information received from clients
- Prepare letters and other documents on behalf of the employer/client
- Monitor the status of all filed applications and petitions
- Monitor attorney calendar, including their appointments, as well as client related information
- Monitor attorney assignment reports and keep information up-to-date
- Maintain both paper & electronic client information
- Position requires critical thinking & ability to do legal research
- Engage in frequent contact with company client(s)
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Keep abreast of current regulations and procedures relating to filing applications
Additional abilities/job duties:
- Experience preparing FedEx, UPS, Certified Mail, Express Mail and courier services
- Make photocopies
- Send faxes and scan documents
- Retrieve and/or return files
- Able to use multi-line phone system
- Other duties as assigned
- Works with clients to obtain documents and information necessary to prepare applications
- Drafts support statements and organize documents for filing
- Files and monitors applications and petitions with appropriate government agencies
- Performs research to obtain information such as background on a company or industry, current wages, processing procedures, stand processing times, etc
- Initiates contact with government officials to obtain necessary information to alert supervising attorney of potential delays or possible problems in the processing of an application
Employer will not pay for relocation.
A background check may be required prior to employment.
Indeed - 14 months ago