Harsco Rail

Harsco Rail Employer Reviews

Manufacturing Environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCMarch 24, 2014
Management is friendly and easy to work with. Cares about employees.
fast pass and friendly work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: having to leave due to lay-offs
My day was full of tasks and deadlines. I learned alot about cost allocation in this position and the manufacturing industry. The management group was helpful and family oriented. My teammates were passionate and hard-working. The hardest part of this position was preparing and implementing the new paperless scanning and work flow system. The most enjoyable part of my position was the multiple department cross training.
Very old school business practices
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2014
Overall a good company, but extremely behind times when it comes to business practices.
An Organizational Culture Resistant to Change
* substandard performance tolerated
* inadequate technology management
Great Place to work
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCMay 27, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working at Harsco Rail. I had been there since 2008-2013. This was my first job since high school. I was trained under a qualified journeyman Electrician .I came to at Harsco Rail through a skilled work force program through Vocational Rehab in West Columbia. I am now looking for a well paying job in which I am highly trained for.
I was a temp
Production Planner (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCMay 8, 2013
Pros: get a lot of hours, lot of free lunches
Cons: some poor management in certain areas
I was only a temp at Harsco Rail, but it was a very good job. I would have loved to have gotten hired on full time!
Once great now sliding...
Drafter (Former Employee), ColumbiaNovember 4, 2012
Pros: great team work, gifts at christmas, good health care benefits, possiblity of flex time.
Cons: very poor career advancements; modest salaries, very poor relocation benefits
Once this organisation was simply great. You did not go to work here. It was a second home with your co-workers as family members. Work was fun and long hours did not matter.
Pressures and restructuring by the holding company corporate office has caused a complete change in the environment. From an era when loyalty to the firm, a passion for the product line and technology was the culture of the work force there is now a complete disconnect with a task based culture of "get it done anyhow" approach. There is a significant amount of cronyism and manipulation and questionable ethics. The experienced workforce has largely dissappeared. Attrition in the engineering workforce is significant.
productive and exciting work place
Production/Mechanic (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 6, 2012
Pros: no heavy lifting
Cons: short breaks
In a few words its a liked business and very supportive employees.
Great Employeer, Environmental procedures are not congregated according to Department of Health and Environmental Control sta
Maintenance/Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2012
Pros: benefit package
Cons: shift schedule
Excellent Company, Environmental procedures are not congregated according to Department of Health and Environmental Control standards