HART & COOLEY Employee Reviews

great job
machine operator/packer (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 21, 2017
they are really great people they make sure everybody hit there production they stay on the floor making sure everybody is following the safety rules make sure everybody does great work they give out insentitive bonus for production pay it great
Pros
3 breaks 10, 30, and 15
Cons
none just to hot
Very fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 6, 2017
A typical work day started at 4am and ended at 2pm. The hourly pay plus overtime was wonderful. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting paid every week
Very fast pace, work steady
Line Worker Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 23, 2017
One of the most difficult jobs I have work no A/C which was ironic since we were building air conditioning parts. Very fast pace worked on a timer. They did have a lot of mandatory OT.
Dusty and old building
Break Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2017
Management sucks in taking care of workers and equipments. Management is not fair and we'll fire you even when they don't have evidence on you. And you will be blamed for anything that you didn't even do.
Pros
Cons
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter, and breaks don't even feel like a break.
Typical work place
Corporate Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 20, 2017
The company invest in their employees and will give you an opportunity to advance if you work hard. I enjoyed working with the employees.
Pros
Invest in their employees
Cons
Need better communication.
Was pretty good.
Plant job, Press machine operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35811January 14, 2017
I moved up, it's was a good job. Just hot there and the lunch room wasn't sanitary. But it was like a good work family. Learned to work a couple different machines.
Pros
Able to work.
Cons
Hot and lunch room was not up to date.
Cool workers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 19, 2016
It was an okay place to work. co workers were cool, break room was always clean and vending machines were always working. That's about it, plus the free ice they provided for your drinks
Pros
Co worker
team leader
Distribution Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Clayton, OHJune 13, 2016
not alot of room to grow at all. the raises are once a year and everybody gets the same amount. Not bad overtime is great
Very fun place to work as well as productive
Payroll / Production Clerk /Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work was interacting with the supervisors, Human Resource Manger and the hourly employer. I learned responsibility. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, we treated each other like family. My boss was one of the best boss to work for. After working at Hart & Cooley for nine years, there was not anything hard about this job. The overall environment was wonderful.
Pros
I was able to schedule my work hours when I worked on the weekend.
Cons
I had to work almost every weekend.
production
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 13, 2016
this company was a good place to work, you get to do a lot of different thngs . not in the same spot every day that the best thing about it .
Welding
Welder (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 26, 2015
Working for Hart & Cooley which has different bid jobs in this particular manufacturing company which involves making air conditioning units and different metal material pipes requires individuals to lift heavy equipment . However my experiences are welding, processor shipper, building pallets out of wood, packing on the assembly line, fork lift driver, break press machine which breaks different materials of metal into forming a certain shape to weld together, making air conditioning screens.
Pros
Agreeable
Cons
n/a
Good place to work, environmental issues
Paco Machine Operator /Material Lead (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 6, 2015
This company has great potential to be a strong draw for employment
and business. They offer good pay and incentives but lose ground in areas like work conditions and environmental issues like air quality, and heat control. With forward thinking and up to date planning they could become the leader in their industry .
Pros
incentives, bonus
Cons
Short breaks, heat, environmental issues and equipment updates
Growth opportunity
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2015
Make production.
Assembly parts.
Learn to be fast but with a good quality of work in what I do.
The hardest part of the job was make the number of production they asked for when a machine broke.
I enjoyed work as a team.
Productive and fun work place
Receiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at Hart & Cooley and would plan to retire from this company if granted the opportunity in the future. Management worked with employees to change shifts and create a good working atmosphere.
Pros
lunch and company standing in the community
Cons
Insulation and fiber in clothing
It is not a fun place to work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 8, 2015
It is not an easy place to work. The place is a very dirty job. You leave the building smelling like grease and oil every day.
Pros
Cons
30min lunch and 2 10 min breaks
factory enviornment
production worker (Current Employee) –  Nampa, IDJune 5, 2015
This is a factory with general labor workers. They make metal pipes, metal chimneys.The production workers are great to get along with and the management is also very good at communicating with the workers.
Pros
managment is great
Cons
short breaks
Goood atmosphere easy work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  olive branch msMarch 17, 2015
Easy day at work, good environment laid back as long as production was made daily. Management was easy to get along with.
Pros
easy work
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
very upscale workplace where you get to meet lots of new people & learn lots of new things
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 21, 2014
i like this job but it was hard to balance with 2 toddlers & workin over 60 hours a wee with 1 off day
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Wonderful place if you were lucky enough to experience it.
Brake Press Operator, Die setter, press operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 28, 2014
The work was repetitive as most production work is, but I found it satisfying. I learned so much about production here. The workers and management flowed well together and the pay was good. being around sheet metal is a dangerous place so keep those fingers gloved. The best part about it was the benefits and retirement plan that I didn't get to take advantage of when they closed the doors.
Pros
Cons
Closed the Holland plant.
fast pace enviroment with material every where
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSFebruary 6, 2014
A typical day was a nice sturdy work pace with a high level of production going on. I learned how to adapt to a fast pace environment with forklifts with small areas to work with operating a squeeze clamp. good co- workers management was a little difficult .hardest part of the job was to find the material needed..the most enjoyable part of the job was receiving trucks in it usually went fast.