Hart

Hart Employee Reviews

Transportation ministry
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: bridging gaps facilitating needs throughout company & community.
Cons: punitive spirit of management
Day to day job is the same ,challenges are different daily depending on weather conditions, time of week, work force availability. Mondays & Fridays can be more demanding as work force may call off for extended weekends. My day would start with a 0330 report short drive to Terminal to open for arriving outbound routes. Often times I would have to check fareboxes for electrical issues or transfer machine problems, wheelchair securement issues that may've been overlooked by operators. Verify and confirm conditions of bodies for damage that were not visible when operator conducted pretrip inspections under poorly lit conditions. Answer patron inquiries, trip plan, reschedule late routes etc. Periodically I would have to conduct an accident investigation in my zone, also construct detours when needed. I 've handled Customer Service complaints by interacting with operators named in the perceived offences. Work with local law enforcement in all facets of street operations as it relates to transit including Homeland Security. I've learned to lead by example my peers & subordinates. Generally coworkers share my ideals to get the job done safely and collectively we share that we're underpaid for what we provide to the community. The hardest part of the job is not being recognized for the effort that's expended by most superiors. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting it done without necessarily having all the tools to do it and or bending the rules to get it done.
Great place to advance
operator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2014
Pros: meet people and friendly staff
Cons: must be a people person because you will be challenged
HART is great if you are young enough to reap the benefits.
Fun and challenging place as well as fast past.
Over all good place to work. Distance and work day very long
Para Transit Driver (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free water and ice
Cons: not enough vehicles
A typical day at work was gratifying. work place was comfortable, break room had two pool tables and vending machine,2 microwaves. Good co-workers, hardest part of job was the batching of manifests never made much sense, lack of vehicles. The most enjoyable part of the day was completing a manifest getting everyone to where they needed to be on time and going home gratified you did a good days work.
Hard working team
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes.
Cons: no health insurance
This is a very nice place to work. You will have a very professional work place. Very respectable to employees as well as customers.
used to a good place to work
administration (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: flexiblity for salary employees
Cons: management
Management is a big problem and if u are not in their click then you will not be treated fairly. This company has now become a joke and used to proud to work here.
Meeting new peolpe on a daily basis.
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job was the different people i got to meet on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was the people I worked with on a daily basis.
great job experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 20, 2013
Pros: free food at events
Cons: short breaks
learned to do things office related. Great co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community events.
Great place to work but little pay!
Dept. /Bus Driver (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAMarch 31, 2013
I loved driving the bus. I only had to work four hrs out of the day and received insurance and other benefits. The pay wasn't enough to feed a family and only got paid once a month. Management watched out for us.
no comment
bus operator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2012
job was not hard,to many rules and regulations not enough pay