Hart Employee Reviews

Creative, energetic and friendly colleagues.
Brand Management & Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2017
My typical work day was filled with conference calls, scheduling traveling as well as attending pitch meetings branding ideas & concepts. One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Ability to offer input, and creative ideas
Cons
Unexpected travel, and often unusually long evenings
The job was absolutely fun. There was no job security.
PARATRANSIT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2017
This was actually one of my best jobs I had. I can say I did love coming to work everyday. I was outside everyday. Driving a paratransit bus. And getting to meet many different and interesting people. Management was actually horrible. They made coming to work really bad. But I managed. Because there were many needy people out there that I took care of on a daily basis. Who looked forward to seeing me. And counting on me to get them somewhere safe.
Pros
Money and Benefits
Cons
Could be a better place to work
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough County, FLMarch 28, 2017
The management it is to tough on employees, they have no people skills but the job itself its great!! Love working with the public. For what we have to do the people are just great and Coworkers struggle to stay.
no life
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2017
overall its a okay job ..u just really dont have no life working there because they will make u on a last minute basis work on your off days and its required..also they believe anything the patrons report to them even if it is a lie
Pros
no pros
Cons
no lunch
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 23, 2017
Hart is an amazing place to work. I love all the people. I would recommend anyone to work there. The place is awesome and everyone takes pride in what they do.
great place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I would recommend this place of employment for anyone who loves to drive and like meeting different people from all walks of life.
decent place to work
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Hart is a decent company to work for as a whole. the company does need some work on the management structure as a whole. when you have a problem and follow your chain of command you almost never see action done. the management structure in the company needs to change in order for the company will be worth staying. other than that hart is a good company to work for. its a union job with great benefits. if i had the chance i would go back there and recommend it to people.
Pros
pool tables, computers, periods of extreme work and time of alot of free time
Cons
Management, short break times oat the EOL
Managers get the big bucks
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2016
Managers are overpaided, over 90,000 yearly, while bus drivers start with 12.00 hr. No lunch breaks are given for drivers even if they are scheduled to drive 10 hrs, supervisors aND dispatchers are lazy, they spent all day Checking youtube videos and netflix instead of making routes more efficient.
Pros
Florida retirement plan
Cons
Cheap pay compared to other cities
Prouductive and Fun work Place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2016
Hart is a fun but stressful place to work my coworkers were caring people typical days at Hart are busy the Management really didn't care a lot the hardest part of the job was dealing with Patrons the most enjoyable part was seeing different people
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Fun and friendly place to work
Route maintenance attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 8, 2016
Good place to work we worked as a team and did what we needed to do the bosses where good and willing to show me what I didn't know to make me feel at ease
typical day at work
FACILITY MAINTENCE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
I had to load up my truck with my supplies and go to where ever my supervisor told me to go. i cleaned bathrooms, buildings and bus transfers.
Great Contracting Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 15, 2016
I am not just a number at Hart. They are very connected to their contractors and the services they provide to their clients.
Hart provides medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as life insurance.
Pros
Great contact
Accounting Clerk Position
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at my job consist of opening new matters for the firm including doing a conflict check. Deposit daily checks. Send out billing invoices on a bi-monthly schedule. Collections calls.
Stable company with good managers overall
Project Manager, Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Al Ba┼črahOctober 27, 2015
Stable company with good managers overall. Looking well after their employees and have a open door policy and open for suggestions when needed.
Productive and fun atmosphere. Enjoyed driving every day
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2015
This company prides itself on making sure transportation is a close to on time as possible. The only reason why I'm not still there now is because I had to have emergency surgery and it was within the first year so was not able to file for FMLA to secure my position. I truly enjoyed working as bus operator and meeting so many new people every day.
Pros
Benefits, long work weeks with unlimited hours
Cons
No actual lunch breaks
Enjoyed the job
Medical Front Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2015
My typical day at work was very busy. It really put my multi-tasking skills to the test. I learned a lot in the medical field that I was not aware of before. The EMR software was easy to navigate and the process of referring a patient to a specialist was time consuming. Dr. Hart was a very good and patient teacher. I learned a lot from her about medical insurance, i.e. co-pay vs. deductible, what's acceptable and what's not acceptable.

The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the patients. I really enjoy working with the public. Some of our patients could be difficult, but with patience, I was able to meet their needs. But most of our patients were absolute sweethearts to deal with. I miss not being in the office where I was my happiest with this job.

But Dr. Hart is giving me the opportunity to learn Medical Billing first hand and that is really what I went to school for. So I'm grateful for that.
Pros
Good work environment, great patients to deal with, busy office (which I loved)
Transportation ministry
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Day to day job is the same ,challenges are different daily depending on weather conditions, time of week, work force availability. Mondays & Fridays can be more demanding as work force may call off for extended weekends. My day would start with a 0330 report short drive to Terminal to open for arriving outbound routes. Often times I would have to check fareboxes for electrical issues or transfer machine problems, wheelchair securement issues that may've been overlooked by operators. Verify and confirm conditions of bodies for damage that were not visible when operator conducted pretrip inspections under poorly lit conditions. Answer patron inquiries, trip plan, reschedule late routes etc. Periodically I would have to conduct an accident investigation in my zone, also construct detours when needed. I 've handled Customer Service complaints by interacting with operators named in the perceived offences. Work with local law enforcement in all facets of street operations as it relates to transit including Homeland Security. I've learned to lead by example my peers & subordinates. Generally coworkers share my ideals to get the job done safely and collectively we share that we're underpaid for what we provide to the community. The hardest part of the job is not being recognized for the effort that's expended by most superiors. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting it done without necessarily having all the tools to do it and or bending the rules to get it done.
Pros
Bridging gaps facilitating needs throughout company & community.
Cons
Punitive spirit of management
Great place to advance
operator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2014
HART is great if you are young enough to reap the benefits.
Fun and challenging place as well as fast past.
Pros
meet people and friendly staff
Cons
must be a people person because you will be challenged
Over all good place to work. Distance and work day very long
Para Transit Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work was gratifying. work place was comfortable, break room had two pool tables and vending machine,2 microwaves. Good co-workers, hardest part of job was the batching of manifests never made much sense, lack of vehicles. The most enjoyable part of the day was completing a manifest getting everyone to where they needed to be on time and going home gratified you did a good days work.
Pros
free water and ice
Cons
not enough vehicles
Hard working team
Painter/Laborer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2014
This is a very nice place to work. You will have a very professional work place. Very respectable to employees as well as customers.
Pros
free lunches sometimes.
Cons
no health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval